Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To those disappointed, what are your top 5 problems/grievances with the Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    chennywolfchennywolf Posts: 136 Member
    I'm not totally disappointed with the game. I still enjoy it. However, there are a few things (toddlers NOT being one of them lol) that wopuld make my Sims experience more fulfilling.

1.) I would appreciate a little bit more customization with the Sims themselves ... height differences, larger selection of voices, much larger variety of hair colors, and so forth. Teens should look like teens ... young adults should not look like adults. A little separation there would be great! Also, they need a much larger variety of dialect with the Sims. You hear the same catch phrases over and over. Sure would be nice if they would add much more phrases and such ... help relieve the monotony.

2.) I actually don't mind the load screens, however, it would be nice if each section was open ... for example, all of Newcrest or all of Willow Creek. That would be an okay compromise.

3.) I wish the sims could think on their own a little bit more. I was never a big fan of story progression (only because my Sims would completely disappear from my game) ... but it would be great if they still found love and got married on their own, had children on their own, chose a career path and worked their way up the corporate ladder, etc ...). Well, I guess that is story progression huh? LOL

4.) I would VERY much like to see them add activities for all life stages of Sims....bingo for the elders, actual restaurants for adults (or families) to go to, more things for kids. Everything seems geared around partying young adults. I would sincerely love to see this area of the game expanded in directions for ALL ages.

5.) My favorite part of playing Sims is building. There are quite a few building things, like being able to change the foundation height of individual rooms on the same level, and so forth, would also be great.

Overall, I do enjoy Sims 4 very much. I love building on Sims 4. I am hoping they address some of these issues as the game grows.

Happy Simming!!
    CWCig_zpsjglmkzai.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    edited November 2015
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I don't need to even name 5. I will give you 1: The sims studio is no longer living up to their potential. They can do so much better in every area of sims 4.

It's like the studio knows they can do better but aren't because I suppose sims 4 is already selling enough. So, why do more work? They have no more passion. It's all business.

Yes! Can't play with 'potential' the team never utilise either ;)

It may well be they just aren't getting the budget. After making such a wasteful mistake with Olympus and the consequences of releasing unfinished they may well be on thin ice with the suits at EA. And we all know if they aren't exceeding expectations in relation to the sales of previous games then the suits will rein them in budget wise or cut further.
  • Options
    TreycoxTreycox Posts: 79 Member
    1.Open world
    2.Story progression
    3.Unpredictability
    4.Always having something to do, somewhere to go and someone to see (Inviting my daughter and son in-law over and them bringing the grandchildren without having to invite them, because they're my family, and the game remembers that and doesn't let me have sicko relationships with.)
    5.NRASS

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    1. 32 instead of 64 bit (I'm guessing it's not really a 64 bit game on mac, as it probably still comes with 32 bit limitations). This probably goes a long way to explaining 2-5/
    2. loading screens (aka open world gone)
    3. no CASt
    4. Maxis spin
    5. Graphics look really good...for 2012. Not the main issue, but one I felt like mentioning.

Have you seen this? 64 bit will be coming in the next patch.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861793/64bit-coming-to-sims-4/p1

I don't know if it will make a noticeable difference.

I think they'd have to remake the entire engine to get a benefit from it, but I honestly haven't a clue. It's still going to be the same game designed to run on 32 bit systems. Even if it is designed to handle 'more', I don't see Maxis taking advantage of it (They didn't the first time around, why change now?).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    goldblue1goldblue1 Posts: 1 New Member
    1. Map layout in Sims 4 (I personally want to see the Sims 2 type of maps where you can make neighborhoods so you can also never run out of space.

2. More activities to do in game, even the small stuff like a pool table or even game systems for your TV. (Especially stuff like the pinball machines/arcade machines in Sims 2.

3. The emotions become a little too much and change too often to items, I really don't like getting flirty from staring at a bucket lol. (I know you can turn that off in emotional aura, but I notice some items seem to make my sims playful a lot)

4. Creativity with color wheels, and pattern designs. I mean you have limited options over time and you miss that uniqueness with others. (They also need more carpet!)

5. Fun NPC's like the classic games like robbers. It really made it fun to have these NPC'S, I mean it would make the game have some characters and not just normal sims. This just take away a small piece of the huge missing chunk of the classic sims for me.

If 1 and 4 were added that would make everything truly better but chances are, they won't acknowledge it or say it's not possible for Sims 4 now haha but you can only hope.
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh boy, this will be tough seeing as I'm limited to only 5... I'll do my best. I'm going to do a countdown though (it fuels my rage fire).

5. The game is missing things that are essential to a life simulator. This is rather broad, so I'll try to describe what I mean. For example, every morning when the kids go off to school and the parents go to work, they just pull a Houdini and disappear. There is no bus or car, nothing. Even if the bus phased out of existence at the end of the road, it would be better than what it is right now. That's just one example. There are barely ever fires or any type of home disaster, and even when there is a fire, it destroys almost nothing, AND there are no firemen, because the Sims just manifest a fire extinguisher. These are mostly just little details that would have made the game infinitely more realistic. You should be able to feed the fish in the fishbowls. The Sims shouldn't make their beds automatically when they get up. They shouldn't load the dishwasher with one dish autonomously and then have to do the others by hand. Some siblings should not get along, while others adore each other. Sicknesses should not go away within 2 hours; sick sims should visit the hospital for treatment or eat some chicken soup (which also isn't in the game). Your pizzas should arrive if you order them. Although I guess that's just a bug. But seriously. I have ordered countless pizzas since the start of the game, and I have received exactly 4. I counted. 4.

4. Lack of activity/boring, repetitive gameplay If you have a family with a kid that goes to school, a teen that goes to school (and maybe work), and parents that work, they all leave every day at the same time and come home every day at the same time and perform the same Daily Task or whatever. They do this 5 days in a row (assuming that everything is from Monday to Friday) and then wake up on the weekend and have nothing to do. Where are the extra career opportunities like chaperoning dances for schoolteachers? Where are the random events like robberies (so annoying, yet so adorably quirky at the same time)? Why are there no afterschool activities for the kids? I don't know if this was in a previous game, but where are the birthday parties/playdates with other kids? I know there are "birthday parties" hosted by other sims, but I don't want sims from another family aging up without my permission, so I don't go! On sim weekends, I honestly just speed up time and wait for Monday to come again so at least I have something to do, but honestly, it's boring. There's no random events, nothing exciting, every day/week is the same as the one that came before. I'm going to stop now because I'm so furious about this topic. *exhales* And that was only #4!

3. Lack of open world and useful community lots Even open neighborhoods would be fine at this point. I'm sick of having to go through a loading screen every time I want to go somewhere. One of my sims went to visit a neighbor today, and on her way back, ran all the way to her front yard and stood there a second before the loading screen kicked in. I mean, come on. She was seriously right there. Why do I have to sit through a 5 minute loading screen to get to the lot that she was literally just standing on? Moving on to the useful community lots: there are none. If you go the gym more than once, every sim in the game turns into the hulk. There's nothing to do at the museums or parks, you can do everything from the libraries at home, and the bar/lounge venues just don't work. There are KIDS there until 4 am, drinking. Nobody will have a conversation with you because they're all too busy watching tv. And the sims that are actually sitting at the bar are too busy shouting millions of drink orders at the bartender that will then sit on the bar until you, the player, remove them because the people that ordered them aren't drinking them. I don't know what kind of community lot I want, but fixing the ones there are would be a good start. And the retail stores that came in GTW are a joke. It's too much work. It's fun designing the stores, but forget about running them. The only things I use from GTW are the photography skill and some of the clothes and furniture. And sometimes the aliens.

2. Lack of proper expansions with the things people want The game packs were a fantastic idea. I have Outdoor Retreat and it was completely worth my $20. But the expansions? Get To Work could have been great, but I (along with many others) was disappointed. It's not what I wanted for a first expansion pack. Get Together is even worse. Are you kidding me? I already have bars and lounges (however broken they may be) and the Sims can do their ridiculous dance moves in front of the horrible $1000 radio. I have enough room thanks to Newcrest, and I don't need a walk-in closet. The only thing I'm interested in is the clothes and clubs, but I learned from GTW and I'm not wasting $40 on a pack I don't want. Where are the pets? Where are the weather and seasons? To me, the game is unplayable without these pieces of realism. In TS3, every household of mine has at least one dog/cat/horse. They spiced up daily life and were adorable additions to the family. And seasons? Why do we have fireplaces, warm clothing, etc. if it appears to be sunny, 80 degree pool weather every single day? Also, I want my holidays, but now, with the new Halloween stuff pack, I'm afraid that the holidays might not be included when the Seasons Ep eventually comes out (Get to Seasons?).

And finally...

1. The Sims seem like robots. I know that they are robots, in a sense, but they don't have the personality that previous Sims have had. The traits mean next to nothing, compared to all of the available traits in TS3. But that's not even my biggest concern. My biggest concern is that they can't interact with each other. Yes, they can have conversations, star/cloudgaze, tell stories around the campfire or read to each other. But that's it. Teens/YAs/Adults can't teach their siblings/children swimming or other skills. Teens can't be rebellious and play pranks. Kids can't have sleepovers. There aren't family portraits (if I'm not mistaken), not even in the photo studio. Married Sims will form romantic relationships with others autonomously and have no regrets, even going on DATES with someone other than their spouse. An adult can't cook a meal with another adult or with a child (picture a grandmother making an apple pie with her grandchildren). A mother can't even tuck her kids in at night. When they removed toddlers and made babies just objects tied to their cribs, they removed the ability for a young child to be involved in anything until they leap out of the bassinet in a cloud of fireworks. There is no more carrying a baby around the house, teaching a toddler to talk, carting one of the two around in a stroller. And even for the life stages that do exist (*cough couch* not toddlers *cough*) they don't interact with each other more than to beg for new toys or tell jokes about penguins. I want parents and children to be able to exchange gifts, I want chores, I want an actual babysitter instead of daycare, I want a retirement home. I want toddlers back (because they've left a GAPING hole in this game) but I want more than that: I want each life stage to be fun to play and to mean something.

Sorry I wrote a book, but yeah, that's my top 5, and yeah, there's a lot more.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    1. No Toddlers. Teens look the same as Young Adults/A, makes no sense.
    2. The game still feels a little incomplete, needs more community lots.
    3. It lacks the humor from The Sims 1 and 2, I guess that was Will Wright's personal touch.
    4. I don't mind loading screens, but I'd like to see (if it's possible) to have a semi-open neighborhood. For example, Newcrest has 3 mini neighborhoods, I'd like to know if it's possible to enter any of the 5 houses without having to go through a loading screen. If changing that means that the game will get slow, then I'm fine with the way it is.
    5. They seem unaware of some of the things that happen around them, like cheating, death, etc. I don't want to see that the way the did with The Sims 3, where a Sim would cheat and the whole world would knew about it that fast, when that just happened in an empty house far away from everyone.
  • Options
    twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    -Toddlers
    -Open world. Sometimes I look to see if a place is open or if I can visit a house, and they aren't open/home.
    -"Smarter Sims. Weirder stories." Because a Sim with no logic/handiness/skills at all is smarter than Sims that do because they can take selfies and multitask. Did TS3 have a saying like that? *checks physical back of box* "Unleash your creativity in The Sims 3." *looks between the two* Oh. *takes TS3*
    -I play for he family part of The Sims 3. I play as the mother and father of some sims and then they have a few sims, and when the parents move up to Adult age, Elder for sure, one of them is a teen/young adult, so I make the Young Adult/oldest sibling take over the household and raise the little siblings and move the old parents out.
    -Has anyone ever asked for a partying pack? We have Late Night and Showtime for those who might've, but besides that. No, I would ask for Pets or Generations(I still want Generations. I don't have it *cries*. Um, maybe the ability to go to work with the sims too...Only if I go to work and leave 1 babysitter (who does nothing) with a toddler while 3 kids go to school, I can't check on them and make sure my 75 simolians per hour are going to something worth it? Wait. Was babysitting removed from TS4 because it's a call for services thing? Also, I can with the Horseman/Horsewoman career!
  • Options
    SimericaSimerica Posts: 5 New Member
    I appreciate that the developers are looking at this thread and I hope my post is read by someone at EA. I will give a very, very quick rundown of my experience of the Sims to put my response in context.

I have played The Sims since the first game and have bought every single pack and most of the store items for TS3. I play the Sims 4 (now) but I have returned it in September of last year after a day. My first impression of the new game was complete shock and disappointment at how truly stripped down I felt it was from other base Sim games. I eventually bought it again months later, but only because it was offered at at a deeply discounted price, and after I got used to it, I was ok with it. But, I am still disappointed in HOW it was presented to us so stripped down at the steep price point, which I would have gladly paid if it was presented with more content. I never excepted that EA cared what we thought, but that opinion has now changed and I really appreciate that it seems that you all seem to really making an effort to improve the game with many free patches. My list is now much different than it would have been if you had asked me this when the game first came out. First, improvements that I have appreciated:

1. One of my biggest gripes with the original game was the lack of lots- I was shocked when I saw how few lots that were available, especially when compared to Sims 3 base game. Now, I appreciate that the new empty neighborhood was added.

2. Free content provided, such as pools, dishwashers, the business career, ghosts, etc. Thank you so much for this.

Now for my list of improvements.

1. My biggest problem with this game is lack of story progression. I have a mod now that does this because I can't play without it. This to me was the biggest step down from the predecessor.

2. The lack of an open world was also the biggest reason why I returned the game the first time. I have gotten used to the load screens now (I never thought I would) but it would be nice to have an open world.

3. For each of the life phases- The inclusion of young adults was ok, but there really isn't a difference between them and adults so I don't understand the thinking behind this when it seems like little effort was put forth on the other life phases. I think that the teenagers are horrible because they look exactly like the young adults and adults. Can we have something more to distinguish them, maybe height sliders? Also the babies are terrible, since they're nothing more than an object. And I'll throw my vote in the hat- you've heard it a million times.. toddlers please.

4. For build mode, please add more larger lots, and 60x60 would be great. I don't think we have enough 50x50 lots. I would appreciate the terrain tool and the ability to change elevation.

5. The complete lack of a variety of community lots- I would love restaurants, night clubs, anything else- everything is pretty much a bar. I have other venues due to mods.

Thank you.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    1. missing toddlers and preteens. Yes, I feel that preteens are "missing" since the teenagers we have now are so mature. There is a huge gap between 6 and 16 that needs to be filled. Same as the huge gap between 1 and 6 where toddlers should be.

2. no world editing.

3. whims are nonsensical sometimes, and totally predictable/boring at other times. Like rolling romantic whims for a sim they have a deep red romance bar for... or rolling obsessive whims that will not go away for some random sim that just walked by their house that they maybe talked to once five years ago. I also miss fears from TS2.

4. jealousy/reactions are still not quite right, like a sim getting mad at their partner when they reject an advance from another sim. Or the sim NOT getting angry at all at the sim who just hit on their partner.

5. the memories system is useless if I have to make them recall the memory by force. Not even to mention what a hassle it is to go through screenshots and set up the memories for each sim. I miss how in TS2 a sim would just remember a lost loved one or that they got a promotion and frown or smile accordingly. Especially now that we have emotions, bringing back that kind of autonomous remembering could really make the sims richer.
  • Options
    gigapudgigapud Posts: 7 New Member
    1. no jacuzzi in base game
    2. so laggy after patches/updates...even when set to Low graphics
    3. loading screen/time for work/vacation/visits around the maps
    4. friends return to acquaintances very quickly
    5. lack of actions available for kids (ie. why can't they do gardening or cook?)
  • Options
    AlyssaSueRAlyssaSueR Posts: 36 New Member
    1. Lack of color wheel and Cast
    2. Lack of terrain tools
    3. No open neighborhoods
    4. Teens are not distinguishable from adults
    5. Emotions are too powerful and are constantly switching from one to another
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Overall: it is not a The Sims game, it is more of a Sims Social type.
    1. Reduced creative features (color wheel, CaSt, terrain tools, CaW, restrictive building) over other versions.
    2. Too cartoon-like (over-zealous animation, colors too primary and bright, objects are boxy and lack definition...)
    3. Immature (toilet humour, focused on parties, drinking, and sexual content, walks, emotional responses, highlights useable object like child's game...)
    4. Closed world. (loading windows, small lots, inability to move around the entire world without leaving the map the sims is on...)
    5. Lacks what other versions have provided: immersion, progression, family-focused play, creative freedom in play styles...)

TS4 seems to be a completely different game than what The Sims series was progressing toward. It feels, to me, like stepping off a cliff. Just wasn't what I was expecting. It was a huge drop down from previous versions.
  • Options
    AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    1. The traits don't seem to matter. A grumpy Sim became friends with a cheerful Sim in the matter of Sim hours.

2. The objects are clunky and big. Seriously - the toy dollhouse takes up half the room! Now - I did have a Barbie dreamhouse that was similar in size, but there should be an option to have a smaller one. ALSO THE TELESCOPE. WHY IS THERE NO HANDHELD TELESCOPE OR REGULAR ONE?!

3. The kids can't play tag or catch, the monkey around option shouldn't wear off after 10 seconds, it should be more of a "game" because children are seriously mini-adults.

4. The emotions system is too...meh. I loved the moodlets in Sims 3 and if it worked similar to that, but more advanced, I'd love it. Instead they're at the whim of their emotions and they take it to extremes. They're happy so they're EXTREMELY nice to everyone even if they hate another Sim because they're rude or something, they're flirty so they flirt with everyone, they're sad so they act COMPLETELY depressed. Now I'm a psychology student and I would normally never say this, but to me...it seems as if they made The Sims a horrible representation of Bipolar where one minute they're manic, another they're depressed. [Again, horrible representation, but that's just how it seems to me.] Where are the intervals of levels like in Sims 2 and Sims 3? Where you could tell they were in a certain mood, like when someone close to your Sim died and they cried on and off, but it didn't MASSIVELY affect gameplay and you couldn't just change it with objects and interactions because that's not how emotions work? I'm sorry - but if I'm getting over a breakup, just because me and my friends go out, doesn't mean I'm going to be EXTREMELY happy. I may feel better, but I'm certainly not walking around with an ear to ear grin. Which is another thing. I like the blank stares Sims 3 sims give when waiting - it's realistic.

5. Everything seems to be geared to "party" stuff and unrealistic stuff. I liked that in Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 there were silly and unrealistic things but that didn't break the realism. For instance, the store bought automatic toy machine, the magic jellybeans, the cow plants, the sad clown, Baby New Year/Grandfather Time [whatever baby showed up and danced at a Sims 2 New Years party], etc. All of that was okay because it was balanced out by realism and objects being a proper size. Sims 4 is too cartoony and silly. It would probably be a game to give my 7 year old cousins - with all the bright colors, it looks like it's mimicking the style of every kids show ever. I liked Sims 3 because the look was more realistic, but not realistic enough for it to be weird to control their lives.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Most of you seem to want to play the Sims 3, so why not just do that. I do not want open world, CAST, or anything that resembles Sims 3. If you do, then why not just play that? Sims 3 was not like Sims 2, so why should Sims 4 be like Sims 3?
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Most of you seem to want to play the Sims 3, so why not just do that. I do not want open world, CAST, or anything that resembles Sims 3. If you do, then why not just play that? Sims 3 was not like Sims 2, so why should Sims 4 be like Sims 3?
    I'm sorry. Who gave you the right to tell anybody what to play? I didn't get that memo.

If you don't want anything that resembles Sims 3, why don't you play Sims 2 or Sims 1? Why do you need Sims 4?

(Sims 4 can't hold a candle to Sims 2 anyway.)
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    AJbackst wrote: »
    4. The emotions system is too...meh. I loved the moodlets in Sims 3 and if it worked similar to that, but more advanced, I'd love it. Instead they're at the whim of their emotions and they take it to extremes. They're happy so they're EXTREMELY nice to everyone even if they hate another Sim because they're rude or something, they're flirty so they flirt with everyone, they're sad so they act COMPLETELY depressed. Now I'm a psychology student and I would normally never say this, but to me...it seems as if they made The Sims a horrible representation of Bipolar where one minute they're manic, another they're depressed. [Again, horrible representation, but that's just how it seems to me.] Where are the intervals of levels like in Sims 2 and Sims 3? Where you could tell they were in a certain mood, like when someone close to your Sim died and they cried on and off, but it didn't MASSIVELY affect gameplay and you couldn't just change it with objects and interactions because that's not how emotions work? I'm sorry - but if I'm getting over a breakup, just because me and my friends go out, doesn't mean I'm going to be EXTREMELY happy. I may feel better, but I'm certainly not walking around with an ear to ear grin. Which is another thing. I like the blank stares Sims 3 sims give when waiting - it's realistic.
    The way the emotions work feels like the system was designed solely by the definition of each feeling. Even children don't have such extreme emotions. I also don't understand why the emotions can't overlap. A sim who is tense and sad, for example, could be considered upset.

I remember one of sim kids had a bad day at school. She came home with moodlets for embarrassed and tense, yet she cheered up because of the paintings in the hallway. What?! I remember having bad days at school as a kid. It took heck of a lot more than a painting to cheer me up, if I could even be made to feel better at all.

The emotions system needs an overhaul.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    1) No toddlers or family play in general
    2) No open world
    3) The Young Adult/partying/WooHooing lifestyle and gameplay is constantly shoved down our throats with every new game or expansion pack
    4) Lack of careers
    5) Teens are no different from Young Adults.
  • Options
    Sims_4funnSims_4funn Posts: 103 Member
    I think this is a great idea for a post... Brilliant! I hope this will catch the attention of and impact the DV. Everyone has listed every gripe I could think of... I just don't understand why DV weren't capable to make Sims 4 more of an upgrade SUPER SIMS4 Adrenaline RUSH No bathroom Breaks Simulator game... I will never understand how all of the content and capabilities of Sims 2&3 couldn't have just been added to Sims 4 awesomeness.. I mean to me the tech had already been created; just upgrade and add to it.. Anyhow Hope I didn't post too much.. I know it was supposed to be short. :) ;)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No toddlers
    Alien clothes not exclusive to aliens
    No kid stand with GTW
    Name changing in the wardrobe (like 4realz?)
    No groceries/veggie stands to buy various quality fruits
    No grocery delivery NPC
    No cars (TS2 alike of course)
    No teen acne
    No laptops (I don't even know how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they are not in the game 🐸🐸🐸🐸)
    No curved rooftops
    The baking UI is still too big it needs to be the same size as the cooking skill UI
    No turn ons and offs
    NPC's won't have kids
    If sims have twins in the hospital the other babies go into normal randomly places cribs in the hospital

I like it overall but these are just things I do not like.

What? XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I'll add my list just to help this post grow in numbers but won't hold my breath for a quick resolution of what everyone is saying here. The Sims 4 should have been a natural progression of Sims 3 with the advanced technology and programming software programs that are available now. As we all know... it is sadly not.

1. No OPEN World

2. No CAST or Customization

3. Extreme laziness in the creation of each Sim age group.
    Teens the same height as Adults, No Toddlers and the Automatic Elder Slump
    (which is very unrealistic and annoying). How many Elders do you see who are
    all slump shouldered in RL, EA? Really?

4. No CAW -- No terrain tools or ability to edit the world/neighborhood -- move lots
    around and/or add new lots. FAIL.

5. Extreme laziness in COMPLETE animations and game A.I. -- A sim makes a drink and
    it automatically pops into its hands BUT first we have to click on the sim to make them
    pick up the drink. A sim's hunger bar is half empty and yellow -- they cook a meal and
    then stand there looking stupid until we have to make them pick up a plate of food. And
    the dishwasher animations have already been mentioned in previous posts.

The entire Sims 4 series appears to be one of BASIC thought and shallow aspirations. As if the EA creators/developers/programmers are just
    working on the series to see if it will still make money. But there is no heart in the game and it's very easy to become bored and walk away
    from the game. I miss the addictive play of Sims 2 & 3 -- where it was normal for me to stay up until 4 & 5am playing and I had to force myself
    to shut down the game. I spend more time now looking for a PC video game that is "Sims-Like"... because Sims 4 is a FAIL.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited December 2015
    They gave us a Toy box 1/2 empty.
    No Open World
    Smaller worlds with less lots than all other Sims 1,2 and 3 games
    They took a failed platform for a ONLINE Sims game and made it the Sims 4
    Rushed and a lot of BUGS, Feels more like a Indy Beta Developer game and not a Major game company.
    Post edited by uryga on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    I spend more time now looking for a PC video game that is "Sims-Like"... because Sims 4 is a FAIL.

Agree
    I hoping the people that made Cities Skylines makes one
    They made a Great SimCity like game that works and they don't try to control the mods that we put into OUR BOUGHT GAME , they encourage it and grow from it.
  • Options
    Mendota wrote: »

Guess you cant read? The OP asked you nicely to go away.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The only concern I have is that even on a good sale, this game + all the dlc (which wasn't all on sale, mind you) still cost me close to $200 already. I didn't get the Sims 3 because that game is still like $400+ for everything, and that's when the base game there is like $20 now. I kinda wish the dlc was more reasonably priced at least.

The smaller packs should be bundled together at a discount for those of us who want everything at least. I'm really into this game but I'm not fond of what can feel like nickel-and-diming at times.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.