Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Musical Chairs

Im still getting it, is anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Yes and it seems worse.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't know of if this counts as musical chairs but whenever I tell my sim to put something away they sit before they do it.
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    Still have it too at the dinner table now they get up constantly to give hugs or do something else before the eating action cancels
  • Options
    TayBabyTayBaby Posts: 70 Member
    Yep, me too and as @GoddessSims said, it seems worse for my game too.
    Have been playing since the release.
    Always been a story teller, but with this game I am trying my hand at building.
    Check me out on the gallery :)
    Origin ID: TaylorNicRaft17
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    In my existing saves it's worse, but when I started a new one it happened once. A guy stood up then sat down in the exact same seat. But that's it. They all sit and eat and only get up when they finish.
  • Options
    SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    Im finding with interactions you could do sitting down sims seem to get up and swap seats alot. ||It is worse.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    geekchic96 wrote: »
    I don't know of if this counts as musical chairs but whenever I tell my sim to put something away they sit before they do it.

Mine do that too silly..
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    oh god.. this is not good.. not good at all. Glad i didnt update yet :)
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Seeing that there was a mod that addressed this issue, hopefully someone will come up with a new mod to again, address this issue.

• Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member

Mine does this too.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    In my older saved game, I had one sim do it once out of an entire family's three sim days. In the new game I started earlier today, I haven't seen it happen yet after two sim days.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    In my older saved game, I had one sim do it once out of an entire family's three sim days. In the new game I started earlier today, I haven't seen it happen yet after two sim days.

Im playing a new save and it keeps happening
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    It's always amusing when they say they fix something and it turns out they were wrong.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    thesailorscoutthesailorscout Posts: 61 Member
    Yikes. I can't play/update my game until I travel home in a week... I am crossing my fingers that this issue will be fixed in my game!
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Yes mine too unfortunately :/
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    What puzzles me is, how come some fixes only work when you start a new save and they don't work in saves created before the patch? I've seen these types of comments before. Doesn't seem very practical to have to make a new save every time you want to get the benefit of a bug fix.

To add on... I haven't played my original save yet (still waiting for mod updates), but in a new save I created after the update I didn't notice anyone getting up to talk or even any excessive hugging. What I did notice however is that sims seem to be taking longer to determine what they want to do (autonomously). It's like a 5~10 second increase in some cases.

Haven't played live mode long enough to get much more bug/glitch details, but I do notice a new inventory glitch where a sim had an "ipad" shown in his inventory, but his wife got it out of it (some how idk), yet the sim still had it displayed in there. Then when I tried to drag it out, it wouldn't move, it would just briefly show the icon as if I was dragging out grade school homework...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    What puzzles me is, how come some fixes only work when you start a new save and they don't work in saves created before the patch? I've seen these types of comments before. Doesn't seem very practical to have to make a new save every time you want to get the benefit of a bug fix.

To add on... I haven't played my original save yet (still waiting for mod updates), but in a new save I created after the update I didn't notice anyone getting up to talk or even any excessive hugging. What I did notice however is that sims seem to be taking longer to determine what they want to do (autonomously). It's like a 5~10 second increase in some cases.

Haven't played live mode long enough to get much more bug/glitch details, but I do notice a new inventory glitch where a sim had an "ipad" shown in his inventory, but his wife got it out of it (some how idk), yet the sim still had it displayed in there. Then when I tried to drag it out, it wouldn't move, it would just briefly show the icon as if I was dragging out grade school homework...

Im guessing they edit code which is why old save files arnt effected as its designed to not mess with them after all the issues with the sims 3 and the sims 4 base. just guessing.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Out of interest, are your sims sitting on sofas/chairs (E.G. lounge area) or are they sitting at a table/picnic bench (E.G. dining area)?

The patch made it sound like it was specific to dining type table arrangements (they won't move if they are already at the table) but didn't really say anything about non-dining seating.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »

very interesting i only tried it once and it did work and it was an old save. ill do some tests and see what happens.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Out of interest, are your sims sitting on sofas/chairs (E.G. lounge area) or are they sitting at a table/picnic bench (E.G. dining area)?

The patch made it sound like it was specific to dining type table arrangements (they won't move if they are already at the table) but didn't really say anything about non-dining seating.
    good Q! i was only thinking of musical chairs when dining
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

Mine have been doing that also, for quite a long time now.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I dived back into my new game, the one I started after the patch installation. I still don't have the musical chairs going on yet, and so far my Sim and her friends have sat at a dining table, one of the outdoor tables from Perfect Patio Stuff, and the bench near the barbecue grill at the park in Oasis Springs.

I have not tested out the sofas or living room chairs yet, but in my pre-patch game it never happened with those items.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

@EmmaVane Good point! Mine aren't doing musical chairs anymore at the dining table while eating--even if sitting across from each other, they stay put. Yay! However, they are still getting up to move closer to someone while talking in a living room setting. Not as much as before it seems, so it has diminished somewhat. Very glad about this! I'll still test it out as I continue to play in rotation with each family. I haven't started any new saves since the patch; I am using old saves, but I do notice an improvement in my game, especially while Sims are eating together. :)

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I dived back into my new game, the one I started after the patch installation. I still don't have the musical chairs going on yet, and so far my Sim and her friends have sat at a dining table, one of the outdoor tables from Perfect Patio Stuff, and the bench near the barbecue grill at the park in Oasis Springs.

I have not tested out the sofas or living room chairs yet, but in my pre-patch game it never happened with those items.

Yeah, it seems to be resolved with a new save.