Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This patch is a game changer!

Comments

• Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    The new colored maps make the game feel so upgraded, I just love it!
    original.gif
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I'm actually very surprised at the difference the 64 bit and colored maps made the game for me. I actually feel like playing and taking my Sims out. And the new group feature. I think it's mostly because I see and believe there is an effort into improving the game now. It has given me hope .
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i am not a fan of the sims 4 compared to the games before, but this patch was a good move ;) Bravo
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    This is new.......One of my elders died and his inventory went into the household inventory....I was confused where the stuff came from for a second....

It's been like that since the base game :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The patch is really a game changer ... in the sense that my game has never felt so buggy. The sims are going to the toilet all the time, the "musical chair problem" has not been solved (instead the sims are running through the whole house with their plates to embrace some children), my plants have no weeds and I even had strange icons in my inventories (a double guitar that couldn't be clicked). It feels so familiar - like TS3! Welcome back to old times, probably this had to happen with the 2nd expansion
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My sims still do the same things. Play with their electronics. No, I don't direct that.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    This is new.......One of my elders died and his inventory went into the household inventory....I was confused where the stuff came from for a second....
    That is good for me.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    i am not a fan of the sims 4 compared to the games before, but this patch was a good move ;) Bravo
    Same here but they still have some work to do. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @alanmichael1 I have had the problem where the inventory glitches out too. I had it before the patch too. It's just worse now. The only way I have found to fix this is to save my game and restart it(ETA: It being the game). Currently testing things out to see if my weeds come back.I had forgotten that I had a gardening mod, evolve all, so in my case it might the mod. I repaired my game so I am going to head in try it out. The bathroom issue is temporarily fixed in my game with the steel bladder trait. My Sims needs drop like crazy now and are very slow in recharging. Annoying but I can work around it for now. Current household doesn't have kids so I am not sure about that.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    My sim made chamomile tea and was able to "toast" her friend with it. I don't know why, but that tiny little feature really made me smile. Anyway, loving my 64 bit client, thus far it has been very smooth and 3 speed actually works well on a large lot with a huge house for me (finally lol).
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    @alanmichael1 I have had the problem where the inventory glitches out too. I had it before the patch too. It's just worse now. The only way I have found to fix this is to save my game and restart it(ETA: It being the game). Currently testing things out to see if my weeds come back.I had forgotten that I had a gardening mod, evolve all, so in my case it might the mod. I repaired my game so I am going to head in try it out. The bathroom issue is temporarily fixed in my game with the steel bladder trait. My Sims needs drop like crazy now and are very slow in recharging. Annoying but I can work around it for now. Current household doesn't have kids so I am not sure about that.

I repaired the game and still have no weeds ... I tried to plant something new, perhaps this will help!
  • Options
    The patch is really a game changer ... in the sense that my game has never felt so buggy. The sims are going to the toilet all the time, the "musical chair problem" has not been solved (instead the sims are running through the whole house with their plates to embrace some children), my plants have no weeds and I even had strange icons in my inventories (a double guitar that couldn't be clicked). It feels so familiar - like TS3! Welcome back to old times, probably this had to happen with the 2nd expansion

I blame all on the dev and not the game whether it is Sims 3 or 4, someone had to program the games and it was not the customers.
  • Options
    The speed thing reminds me...my speed 3 is completely broken. And when i send my sims to bed it changes to speed 1 lol. :D
  • Options
    WEEDS! It had to have been a broken mod. As soon as I booted up the lot they appeared.

12_05_15_11_33_06_AM.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The addition of 64bit is huge for me. My computer used to run so loud when playing I was almost afraid to play in fear of it getting too hot. Now it's all nice and quiet when I run the game :)
    The new holiday items were a nice bonus. Love the outdoor lighted trees.

The holiday items were a big surprise to me -- I thought we wouldn't get anything till after GT released, maybe a small Holiday Pack II before everyone left Redwood Shores for the holiday showdown.

Really enjoying the new patch -- still figuring out all the new stuff. I had my Sim, Jane Sterling, invite Summer Holiday over to hang out, then she got a whim to travel to the bar so I sent both her and Summer there (they had their first kiss there too -- looks like my plans to have Jane wait to find a partner till Windenburg have been foiled). Summer did leave a couple of times but I was able to get her to come back. Then, when I sent Jane home (it was getting late and Jane needed to finish her intelligence research -- she seems to get bored a lot quicker -- Summer came along as well; I had to do the "ask to leave" interaction (which still looks like a lecture -- I wonder if the "nicer Ask To Leave" mod still works?) to get Summer to go home.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

I noticed the musical chairs issue as well, but then I remembered that I still had a mod in that dealt with that and so it might be interfering with the update. I took it out, and will check to see if that improves the issue. Sometimes it is easy to forget about mods when they don't cause obvious game breaking issues. Check and see if you still have the less musical chairs mod.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    warezgeek wrote: »
    > @IceyJ said:
    > @warezgeek It's not gone; just reenable CC from the Options menu. Don't save the game until your CC is enabled, or they will disappear from your save.

Even if i enable it again my files were deleted so i have to download all again and re-install again and that means pay for access again, time to download and then install. Everyone says re-enable but when files are deleted enabling does no good.

It's a good practice to back up your CC/mods folder, especially if you have to pay for Internet access. Either get a flash drive and store the folder on there (updating every time you add CC or mods) or just put a copy of the folder somewhere on your computer (like the desktop or set up a Sims Backup folder in Documents where you can save copies of not just Mods/CC but also your Saves and Tray folders, in case you need to do a clean folder restore. I pull out my Mods folder before updating (I have auto updates turned off) and that tends to keep any file from getting deleted.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited December 2015
    As many know, I'm not enamoured by 4 yet, but I think this patch is a step in the right direction. Personally, in order to be playable, I need more traits, traits that actually affect the personality of the sim, and probably a generations style expansion. Groups really do not interest me.

But credit where credit is due, at least with this patch it seems like they have actually tried to improve the game.
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I have no mods, and my sims were sitting at a table eating together. I directed one to talk to another, and they both got up, took a few steps away from the table, talked, then sat back down to keep eating. I was afraid to interfere after that. Eating takes long enough without this.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited December 2015
    warezgeek wrote: »
    > @IceyJ said:
    > @warezgeek It's not gone; just reenable CC from the Options menu. Don't save the game until your CC is enabled, or they will disappear from your save.

Even if i enable it again my files were deleted so i have to download all again and re-install again and that means pay for access again, time to download and then install. Everyone says re-enable but when files are deleted enabling does no good.

Please refer to this post by SimGuruModSquad! If your CC was deleted (and not just disabled as it should have been) they need to know.
    TS4%20CC_zpsevvwetqq.jpg

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14354984/#Comment_14354984
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Fresh start of the sims 4? ;):p
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    I have no mods, and my sims were sitting at a table eating together. I directed one to talk to another, and they both got up, took a few steps away from the table, talked, then sat back down to keep eating. I was afraid to interfere after that. Eating takes long enough without this.
    Exactly this.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2015
    For all the people who say the game has become smoother, are you playing on desktop or laptop?
    I play on my gaming laptop and it's not getting any better. It feels almost the same, maybe even worse. I have a GTX960m and 8GB RAM tho. And yes, I've already added the ts4_x64.exe to play using the Nvidia card.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    For all the people who say the game has become smoother, are you playing on desktop or laptop?
    I play on my gaming laptop and it's not getting any better. It feels almost the same, maybe even worse. I have a GTX960m and 8GB RAM tho. And yes, I've already added the ts4_x64.exe to play using the Nvidia card.
    I am playing on a middle class deskop and the smoothness of the game is really incredible now.
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    The new UI is fantastic, far better than the old one. I really love the new map UI.
    But I think my favourite part of the update is the selfies going to the screenshots folder. I love it.