The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new group system feedback

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
What is your feedback on the new grouping system?

I tested it for a bit and overall it was really great. Its definitely a game changer and makes things much easier. No more do I have to initiate a conversation just to seat my sims togethee only to have someone butt in and have to redo it. It did have some quirks for example I chose "sit together" and two sims would but the other would sit at a different table.

I also couldn't seem to keep sims in the hotub together but thats been an issue for a while.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yeah, I agree, it's great but Sims still do kind of their own thing (--> using computer or watching TV, although the rest of the group is sitting in the dining room eating) and wander off when they feel the need to.
    Luckily Get Together will come (soon) and save the day.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    I tested in the hotube and worked fine. well I just tested for a short time though.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    yeah its a definite improvement for the better. My sims are loving the hot tub -even sims not in the group - stayed in it for a long time. this was a pool venue though, so not sure it that object is tuned for more use at that venue. I'm sorry to hear your sims are not staying in the hot tub, I was so bummed about that for ages, because I love the hot tub. Maybe try repair game. I actually reset my folder and repaired game like luthienrising suggested as I was also having some odd problems with autonomy. works much better now. (Also mod free at the moment, shock horror).

Its a little hit and miss, the groups. Someone mentioned they could garden together and maybe there is a specific interaction for that. I thought if I formed a group and the leader went jogging, there would be an interaction so that the other sims could join, but there wasn't. Was looking forward to group jogging. the yoga was also a bit hit and miss. I took a group of six sims to the spa and had my active sim ask the instructor to start a class. One of the group members came over autonomously to start the class and so did my other active sim. but then no other members of the group did (and there is no do yoga together interaction). the spots were then filled with other NPC so if they were coming there was no space left. But it was all good, they went and did other spa things - mostly mediate with the sims left from the group not doing yoga.

but where there is a specific interaction - like swim together or get in hot tub, it works well.

I'm sure it can use some tweaking and mods will also enhance, but I like it.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2015
    haven't really tested it I Hit Actions, got as far as picking Sims, but then I had to go to work. so I may hold off and add more sims to the game, my sim knows only one other sim, as a love interest and I really want him to be a group member.

Frankly I'm nervous, I never created a group I can't fully, control. to create a group I can only control one fully, Is going to be new to me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    I am in LOVE with the group system. I hated when I went to Granite Falls that everyone would kind of go off and do their own thing. Yesterday I took my sim on vacation along with a few others and there was a group icon over all their heads and I was able to do things with them. You know, like when you are with real people and stuff. :#
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited December 2015
    I briefly tested the group interaction.
    They can:
    - Sit together
    - Watch TV/Surf channel together
    - Go here together
    - Garden together

They can't:
    - Read together
    - Paint together
    - Craft together

I don't know why they can't do the above the three things together. I know there are clubs for that in GT, so did they keep those for the EP? If sims cant read in group then whats the point of a book club?
    So maybe the groups are just added to give us a taste of what sims can do in GT. Maybe.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree, it's great but Sims still do kind of their own thing (--> using computer or watching TV, although the rest of the group is sitting in the dining room eating) and wander off when they feel the need to.
    Luckily Get Together will come (soon) and save the day.

My sims do this also. :( I hope it works better once GT comes out.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    They can:
    - Sit together
    - Go here together
    - Garden together

They can't:
    - Read together
    - Paint together
    - Craft together

I don't know why they can't do the above the three things together. I know there are clubs for that in GT, so did they keep those for the EP? If sims cant read in group then whats the point of a book club?
    So maybe the groups are just added to give us a taste of what sims can do in GT. Maybe.

Can they fish together? I didn't tested that yet.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    They can:
    - Sit together
    - Go here together
    - Garden together

They can't:
    - Read together
    - Paint together
    - Craft together

Can they fish together? I didn't tested that yet.

I have not tested that.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    for sims to watch TV the best thing to do is make them sit on the sofa together then watch TV together.
    Choosing watch TV directly they will watch TV from wherever they are.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2015
    They can:
    - Sit together
    - Go here together
    - Garden together

They can't:
    - Read together
    - Paint together
    - Craft together

Could you test fish together? In my game right now (new save) my Sim doesn't have a friend or met anyone to form a group with, lol. So, I'm afraid to load my real game until I see more feedback about this patch and or what it did or didn't break. oops, I read this whole thread but missed where you hadn't tested fishing. Sorry
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I haven't done too much with it, but it was great to group the family and have them watch TV together. I also noticed you can have them work out together too if everyone's Teen or older. In my game, I couldn't do it because there's only one workout station and one punching bag in the basement and all four sims were in the household.

I found out you can Garden Together. It came up when I clicked on a plant. That is awesome if you have several plants, but in my case it wasn't necessary since I only have two at this time.

I'll try it later today in the Burners & Builders gym, and I'm curious to see if that would also work for fishing or playing chess at the park.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I haven't done too much with it, but it was great to group the family and have them watch TV together. I also noticed you can have them work out together too if everyone's Teen or older. In my game, I couldn't do it because there's only one workout station and one punching bag in the basement and all four sims were in the household.

I found out you can Garden Together. It came up when I clicked on a plant. That is awesome if you have several plants, but in my case it wasn't necessary since I only have two at this time.

I'll try it later today in the Burners & Builders gym, and I'm curious to see if that would also work for fishing or playing chess at the park.

We need lan games again for family and guests, and consoles like Wii where they can all play and take turns. If they are going to go with just 'modern' stuff. Then families need a Wii and do group stuff with it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    how do you create groups now. Do you still have to talk to everyone induvidually to invite them to your group convo and then go to the bar for a drink? I always felt it was annoying how sims walk away when i didnt have the chance to talk to all those ten sims yet that i wanted to have in my group.

I wish there was an option now to just create a group bu selecting the sims at once, cause asking every single sim first into a conversation to become agroup is annoying. Is that improoved?
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Yep that can fish together, I tested this yesterday in granite falls.
  • Options
    Yep that can fish together, I tested this yesterday in granite falls.

omg, finally! Thank you! for letting us know!
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    how do you create groups now. Do you still have to talk to everyone induvidually to invite them to your group convo and then go to the bar for a drink? I always felt it was annoying how sims walk away when i didnt have the chance to talk to all those ten sims yet that i wanted to have in my group.

I wish there was an option now to just create a group bu selecting the sims at once, cause asking every single sim first into a conversation to become agroup is annoying. Is that improoved?

Have you noticed the airplane symbol on the menu in the map view? You can visit any lot with any Sims without having to load their house. I just moused over everything but I think that may be one option for groups.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2015
    I only got as far as masongamer. Wasn't too impressed that all the sims my sim knew weren't available for the option. Did anyone notice if they have to be friends first in order for this to work?

I was kind of hoping it would be a good way to build friendships with certain sims, but I guess not?
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »

Yes it's greatly improved. You don't need to even talk to them to form a group anymore.
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I only got as far as masongamer. Wasn't too impressed that all the sims my sim new weren't available for the option. Did anyone notice if they have to be friends first in order for this to work?

I was kind of hoping it would be a good way to build friendships with certain sims, but I guess not?

Probably an issue on your end cause my sims were inviting people they just met to groups.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I only got as far as masongamer. Wasn't too impressed that all the sims my sim new weren't available for the option. Did anyone notice if they have to be friends first in order for this to work?

Maybe that's what the EP is good for ;) But no, I was offered the ability to add a Sim who was just an acquaintance to a group; I believe she was in the neighbourhood at the time, but I didn't check.

@SimsFur, you can just click on your own Sim, select Actions, and make a group. There's a UI window to choose Sims from. Clicking on another Sim to form a group is a second option for starting a group. You can send individual Sims out of groups, disband them, etc. Lots of options.

@halimali1980 I don't expect this grouping feature to include as many actions as the (paid-for not patched-in) EP does or to keep Sims together as fully as a Club would. I was really happy to find it easy to use, though, and that the flow of activity felt comfortable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think getting medals for parties is going to be easier with the group function. You can't have a party at the same time as a club gathering, but you can put everyone at your party into a group and make them dance at the same time, eat at the same time, etc.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I think getting medals for parties is going to be easier with the group function. You can't have a party at the same time as a club gathering, but you can put everyone at your party into a group and make them dance at the same time, eat at the same time, etc.

Indeed. It is. And you can swap group-member on the fly. I love this feature!
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2015
    Maybe that's what the EP is good for ;) But no, I was offered the ability to add a Sim who was just an acquaintance to a group; I believe she was in the neighbourhood at the time, but I didn't check.

I was thinking that might have been the case, but I didn't have time to check around. Guess I'll have to invite the sims somewhere together and then try to form the group to see if that works.

EDIT: I should probably add that my sim knows a lot of sims. He grew up with several other children in the neighbourhoods, but when I clicked on groups, only 5 sims were available to choose from, and he knows way more than 5 sims.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    You can do homework together too if both sims have homework to do.