Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Preference: Wedding Ceremony or Eloping?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am curious, does throwing a wedding allow a honeymoon feature to Outdoor Retreat like the Sims 2 did for Bon Voyage?

No there's no auto honeymoon after, but you can schedule a vacation to Granite Falls if you wish. That's what I had my elder sim do for my couple that had the ceremony, although everyone went on the trip. I'm actually planning on renewing their vows at some point and may have just the two of them go. Needs to be a cabin though. One of them is squeamish. :D
    That is nice, so in that way it is manual like TS3. Thank you for answering. Who knows, with a bigger destination EP, that may change.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Depends on the characters. But for most of my sims, I usually give them a proper wedding ceremony since they have many friends. I feel like something is missing if they don't have a wedding ceremony.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I am curious, does throwing a wedding allow a honeymoon feature to Outdoor Retreat like the Sims 2 did for Bon Voyage?

No there's no auto honeymoon after, but you can schedule a vacation to Granite Falls if you wish. That's what I had my elder sim do for my couple that had the ceremony, although everyone went on the trip. I'm actually planning on renewing their vows at some point and may have just the two of them go. Needs to be a cabin though. One of them is squeamish. :D
    That is nice, so in that way it is manual like TS3. Thank you for answering. Who knows, with a bigger destination EP, that may change.

Oh definitely. I'm sure we'll get some more destinations in the future. Would love to send my sims to a wintery cottage or to the beach someday for a holiday. X3
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Depends on how important the sim is to me.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I used to just elope, but know I use a cheat to marry them because ever since a update not sure what one, my sims get cold feet way to much and then loose their relationship status. I got tired of it and just make them married using addon.
  • Options
    HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    I usually just elope although I'm trying to marry more often just for the realism aspect :P
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    My Sims mostly elope, I like that better then having to plan a wedding and party.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I used to do weddings and parties, but then I started getting really bummed out about how you have to do all of the different tasks in order for it to be considered a good wedding when they'd had a really nice wedding (in my opinion), so now I either have them elope or not get married at all. :<
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I like the weddings better, but I usually just have my sims elope as it is sometimes more effort than I'm wanting to put in at the moment. Because when I do weddings, I want them perfect.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm not the most patient person when it comes to things related to Romance in games xD plus I'm just Lazy sometimes so I make them Elope, I want to wait a while all the time but my Sims barely have Friends of a suitable age and there are no pre-existing Wedding Venues so I just have them Elope. I do love the Weddings but I also have a personal preference that Love feels more personal if it's only shared between those two people.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I like having nice big weddings but I find we don't have enough stuff to make it really seem worth it. That or the stuff we have is way too over the top for my starter sims. If they need to sell a window to pay the bills I doubt she can afford a ballgown LOL
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I like having nice big weddings but I find we don't have enough stuff to make it really seem worth it. That or the stuff we have is way too over the top for my starter sims. If they need to sell a window to pay the bills I doubt she can afford a ballgown LOL

Sorry if off-topic, but hello fellow Canadian. :D

Back on topic, I tend to spoil all my sims, which is why we could afford the wedding for one of the couples. Each way of getting married definitely has their pros and cons. You can't get the special items that comes with the full on wedding party, but like you said, they can be expensive. Eloping can be just a magical, given the situation. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    mang0lynmang0lyn Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Frn0731 said:
    > I go either way depending on the couple involved . I have a wedding lot so it's not a lot of planning except I must remember to bake a cake. Some times my bride or groom end up doing the baking because the caterer is useless.
    >
    > .. I've had some get married in the bathroom... I don't know why that happens to me so often ... same as proposals :s

The caterer is so useless at a wedding! I had to have my own Sims bake a cake twice already for a wedding since the caterer doesn't do anything. No cooking, no cake baking...wish we could just buy a cake like previous games.

Is the caterer not doing anything a bug? Entertainer and mixologist still worked, but not the caterer...
  • Options
    Chushii58Chushii58 Posts: 49 Member
    I almost always elope.

I find planning a wedding to just be too much to worry about and I don't find it that fun. That might be because I just got married recently and really wish we had've eloped, so maybe I'll try more weddings later on.
  • Options
    Callie35Callie35 Posts: 34 Member
    Unless there's a story-specific reason to elope, I prefer a big wedding. Just more fun to have the wedding.