Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Big Question...

Walls up, down, or cutaway, and why? I'm curious!

I play walls up. I love to create very detailed houses filled with much detail and so I love to see all the attention I've put! I also zoom in close to my Sims to immerse myself in my game. I also play at 1x speed much of the time.

Tell me how you play! :-D

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I play with cutaway. All walls up makes me feel claustrophobic and I tend not to catch my sims all that well. Only time the walls go all up is when I need to lock a door.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Always with walls up, this is really important to me --> better immersion.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    I haaaaate walls up. Its confusing to me :P i need to see all my sims at all times to make sure someone doesnt die on me.. I.e one time, one of my sims had got eaten by the cowplant! I do put walls up when i do pictures though.. and i take alllot of pictures.

I also love putting multi coloured sims/unique looking sims into my game and use the mc mod to enable story progression and see how the genetics work..
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Cutaway. Walls only go up when I'm taking pictures.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Cutaway.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I play cutaway most of the time and on about a 45 degree angle or less to watch them. I have always played speed one for all my sims games.
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    I build with walls up, used to play with walls down but just started playing cutaway. :P
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2015
    Walls up always. I play from a high perspective only when I'm Ultra-speeding through their daily stuff. Otherwise, I keep my camera in the room, at about eye level so it feels like I'm watching a TV show, or getting up close and personal with them. That way there's little chance of missing a great screenshot.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Cutaway walls. I like to see the interior of the house but also what my Sims do. Omg, I haven't even thought about this since The Sims 1 when I played with walls down. I only put the walls up when I'm decorating or want to take a screenshot.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cutaway, except for the occasional screenshot or to try to get the toilet paper within reach :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    Walls up, down, or cutaway, and why? I'm curious!

I play walls up. I love to create very detailed houses filled with much detail and so I love to see all the attention I've put! I also zoom in close to my Sims to immerse myself in my game. I also play at 1x speed much of the time.

Tell me how you play! :-D

Up.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Cutaway walls. I like to see the interior of the house but also what my Sims do. Omg, I haven't even thought about this since The Sims 1 when I played with walls down. I only put the walls up when I'm decorating or want to take a screenshot.

lol, I played with walls down in Sims 1 too!
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Combo of cutaway and walls up.
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Same as @Mightydan
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I play with my walls down I don't know how you can play with them up I can't see what the Sims are doing. I will have try it some time.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I generally play cut away but lately I've been playing walls down. I'm not much if a decorator so it doesn't really matter to me to see the walls.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I play with them cut away for the most part but from time to time I will have the walls up. I tend to build my lots to play with the cutaway so the section of the room that is most used in on the outside of the house.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Cutaway, except for the occasional screenshot or to try to get the toilet paper within reach :/

LOL the struggle!!!!
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    If it's a small house then.. cutaway, if it's a huge plumming mansion then yea I'm going with walls down. Just like someone else mentioned I need to be able to see all my sims and a bunch of walls up will block my vision and therefore make me rage. :'D ~
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I play with walls up and cutaway, half and half. I would always play on cutaway, but when cool kitchen came out, I have been placing the poster it came with. everywhere, and I love looking at it. So sometimes I keep them up JUST to see that poster. (The eggs and toast is so cute :D)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2015
    Cutaway. I might use walls up when taking screenshots or for immersion but it gets in the way when I need to click on the toilet or shower as they don't have big bathrooms and I can't fit my 'camera' in the bathroom.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I normally play with all walls up and just watch them from above. I will sometimes use cutaway.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Wait. This isn't another thread about toddlers?!? ;)>:)

I like to go walls up unless it's a small room (5x5 squares or less). Then I'll go cutaway.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    Cutaway most of the time. I love the immersion of walls up but it doesn't work for me in smaller rooms.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Cutaway for most gameplay, walls up always for screenshots. The only time I have ever played with walls down was for Sims 1.