Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 vs Sims 4...

Comments

• Options
    Maya21Maya21 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2015
    The other day I was thinking about the Sims 3 and all the things it had/ or sims could do in it. I had all the sims 3 expansion packs so I feel that, compared to the sims 4, there was wayyyyyy more things that it had. I know that the Sims 4 has few expansion packs out but I still feel like switching from the sims 3 to the sims 4 was a major set-back. I agree that the sims 4 has much better graphics and the create-a-sim is more realistic, but it's so boring compared to the sims 3. What do you think?
    Post edited by Maya21 on
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2015
    To make it short: While I think that TS3 is one of (if not the :P ) best games ever created in human history (since it was so much ahead of its time back then) I just can't play it anymore. TS4 (with less content) delivers the better gaming experience because of subjective reasons (sorry, won't elaborate this). I literally fell in love with this game (if that makes sense).

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Too make it short: While I think that TS3 is one of (if not the :P ) best games ever created in human history (since it was so much ahead of its time back then) I just can't play it anymore. TS4 (with less content) delivers the better gaming experience because of subjective reasons (sorry, won't elaborate this). I literally fell in love with this game (if that makes sense).

sorry to disapoint you but the best game ever created is the sims4 because of the fact that its completely diffrent timeline and the fact that the sims4 is difreent from pass sims game but to get back on the topic i find the sims4 better than sims3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Too make it short: While I think that TS3 is one of (if not the :P ) best games ever created in human history (since it was so much ahead of its time back then) I just can't play it anymore. TS4 (with less content) delivers the better gaming experience because of subjective reasons (sorry, won't elaborate this). I literally fell in love with this game (if that makes sense).

sorry to disapoint you but the best game ever created is the sims4 because of the fact that its completely diffrent timeline and the fact that the sims4 is difreent from pass sims game but to get back on the topic i find the sims4 better than sims3

Okay :disappointed: .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I have Sims 3 and about 6 eps plus some store content, yet I still prefer 4 over all of that. It's very subjective, honestly.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Maya21 wrote: »
    The other day I was thinking about the Sims 3 and all the things it had/ or sims could do in it. I had all the sims 3 expansion packs so I feel that, compared to the sims 4, there was wayyyyyy more things that it had. I know that the Sims 4 has few expansion packs out but I still feel like switching from the sims 3 to the sims 4 was a major set-back. I agree that the sims 4 has much better graphics and the create-a-sim is more realistic, but it's so boring compared to the sims 3. What do you think?

I think Sims 2 was the better game.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2015
    I think they're very different games (to Simmers, at least - I wonder how different they would seem from each other to someone used to other types of games). One suits some people and their priorities and preferences more, the other, other people and theirs.

If you were asking because you're thinking of buying one of them, I'd suggest watching some Let's Plays on YouTube, and taking advantage of Origin's 48-hour return window on base games. Otherwise, I hope we're finally at a point on these forums where this question can not turn into a massive flamefest.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Maya21 wrote: »

I think Sims 2 was the better game.

I think the same too. The Sims 2 was better than TS3.
    The sims 3 is better than TS4 in having CASt but TS4's CAS and sims looks are better than TS3 in a big way.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    In short yes.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No. There is a whole lot I really didn't care for in Sim3 and was very glad we now have Sims 4. Sims 4 will get it's content over time too.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah. If all the glitches and bugs were removed from both games (and I only encountered fatal save errors in TS3 very rarely), I'd say that TS3 is a better game than TS4.

Actually, even with the glitches, I'd still say that TS3 is better. I haven't had too much trouble, in my experience. Although I did download nRaas when my 6-generation save file got this otherwise fatal save error.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yes, for me TS3 was better than TS4 so far. That said, TS3's content was produced over many years. There's a lot more to choose from. I think TS4 has great potential to be as good or close, but so far, TS3 wins for me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    As far as game play goes Sims 3 takes the cake for me. At the moment I can't "play" Sims 4 but I can spend hours in CAS. So yes I think Sims 3 is the better of the two.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I think each game has it's merits, each has it's pros and cons, as do many things. I loved 3 until it became unplayable after all the add-ons. I am hoping 4 doesn't have that problem. I had to go back to 3 when I was having problems getting on Origin, and it just wasn't the same as 4. I do not like that we don't get disks we can load without Origin for just this reason.
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited November 2015
    There are several things that makes me not like TS4 as much as TS3 (I'm gonna speak from the time I was stuck with TS3 and Late Night for about a year).

For one, uggggggh, this still kills me today. No open world. I know it's a common complaint, but I really don't like the fact there's no open world. I like to have control while at the same time being free. Neither of these are possible with the restrictive world of TS4. I have to sacrifice a bit from each department when playing with multiple Sims.

Two, MY PRECIOUS TODDLERS. I'm a family man, and children springing out from their cribs drive me loco. They were so cute and with TS4's admittedly better looking default Sims, they had the potential of forever gushing.

Three, back to that admittedly better looking default Sims... their huge smiles and exaggerated body proportions annoy me to no end. I get it, CAS is amazing, stop making them over the top.

Four, (warning: controversial) again referring back to CAS is amazing... yeah, I don't like it too much. It was fun and fresh and new the first time, but trying to do it the way I want, with my perfectionist fingers, I'll be modifying the nose forever because the nostril is just a teeny bit off. There are still some amazing Sims other people make with such precision, but I like my 30+ sliders, thanks. :)

EDIT: Oh, my Plumbbob, I wrote an essay. :lol:
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    2 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

* intermission *

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Is. I think The Sims 3 is better than The Sims 4.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well I never played TS4 so it would be wrong of me to say that TS3 is better, but then there is a reason why I never moved forward, so, yes, TS3 wins! B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I love how this thread was moved to the TS3 section, even though it's as much about TS4 as it is about TS3.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    TS3 has my heart. TS3 has immersion which drags me in for endless hours of open-ended, imaginative, creative fun. TS3 has me planning what to do next even when I am not playing it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes it IS! Yes! Yes and triple Yes :)!
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    I have to say i feel like my sims in 3 has more personality, they come alive to me and the sims 4 i feel like they are lacking some depth. I will say i play both and i am stuck in a household in 4 that i am in love with right now but i get bored very easily. I think ea is trying to push the product out faster for more money and in turn hurting their fans that have been with the game for a long time. I do think that the sims 3 had more in their expansions than four does, it sometimes feels a little lacking. With all that said i do think with time it will get some better. sorry for the long post.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    TS3 has my heart. TS3 has immersion which drags me in for endless hours of open-ended, imaginative, creative fun. TS3 has me planning what to do next even when I am not playing it.

THIS ^^^ is me exactly!
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sims 3 IS better, I gave up on Sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top