Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Natural Pools in base game!

Natural pools won't come with a free patch since there's this little Get Together icon above the natural pool coloration:
bH5I5lO.png

At least we get the purple water coloration in the base game

That means that we possibly get other water colorations in future EPs! Which water coloration do you want to see?
I want to see a red lava coloration!
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Yes. Natural Pools was never advertised as anything but a Get Together feature. The patch notes we have seen said it would only include the color water.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Blood red water is going to take drowning sims to a whole new level >:)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

Vampires would love this pool
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    Yes. Natural Pools was never advertised as anything but a Get Together feature. The patch notes we have seen said it would only include the color water.
    This is very true, natural pools were never mentioned to be in the next game update.

• Options
    SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    Natural pools won't come with a free patch since there's this little Get Together icon above the natural pool coloration:
    bH5I5lO.png

That means that we possibly get other water colorations in future EPs! Which water coloration do you want to see?

Does anyone know if the 3rd pool color in in the 3 get together colors in the pic sparkly water?
  • Options
    bH5I5lO.png

Does anyone know if the 3rd pool color in in the 3 get together colors in the pic sparkly water?
    I'm not really certain if it is or not. But I think that it could be the sparkly water one.

• Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    it's called pool-pourii, it's got like flower petals on it... if its the one i think your talking about lol
    5ncwWG8.png
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I was hoping that natural pools were coming in the patch. Oh well the red color will work well with heart shaped pools. Very romantic for VDay.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

Vampires would love this pool

Vampire confirmed for next expansion!

I'm joking of course but when they are added they are gong to have a dam awesome underground blood pool
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    it's called pool-pourii, it's got like flower petals on it... if its the one i think your talking about lol
    5ncwWG8.png
    That's what I was asking about earlier. I was asking what those white things were that were floating on the surface of the water. At first, I thought that they might have been flower petals or leaves from a near by tree. But I couldn't be certain because the camera was to far away from the pool. Thanks for sharing this IrelandsAngel.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I was hoping that natural pools were coming in the patch. Oh well the red color will work well with heart shaped pools. Very romantic for VDay.

How come you want them in the patch? You're buying the EP anyway! Lol
  • Options
    Wow CLP. We haven't even gotten past Thanksgiving yet, and here you are talking about VDay already. You must really love Valentines Day, which is okay.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Does anyone know if we can use the water colours and trims in fountains too?
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

How come you want them in the patch? You're buying the EP anyway! Lol

Just to try out early.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Wow CLP. We haven't even gotten past Thanksgiving yet, and here you are talking about VDay already. You must really love Valentines Day, which is okay.

No I was just saying that the red water color and rose pedals would work for VDay.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I hope Sims can get a special Moodlet for certain Pools :p
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I hope Sims can get a special Moodlet for certain Pools :p

That would be really cool. Hopefully they are not just colors for decoration and each color has some kind of effect on the sims.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    bH5I5lO.png

Well what is the point of this EP is they patch everything in???!!!

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    bH5I5lO.png

It's too bad because they used to be more forward thinking. And things like foundations etc. got carried forward in later EPs after the EP introduces some things in build mode. But not in this game. :/ For example build mode feature: Hammer tool was carried forward to everyone's game once the Pets EP was released and carried forward from then on into TS3 and TS4. It seems they no longer think about buildmode like they did before.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    bH5I5lO.png

It's too bad because they used to be more forward thinking. And things like foundations etc. got carried forward in later EPs after the EP introduces some things in build mode. But not in this game. :/ For example build mode feature: Hammer tool was carried forward to everyone's game once the Pets EP was released and carried forward from then on into TS3 and TS4. It seems they no longer think about buildmode like they did before.

What exactly is the Hammer tool?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    TMBrandonTMBrandon Posts: 229 Member
    bH5I5lO.png

I think he's referring to the bulldoze tool?

Regardless, natural pools are essentially just 3 different water colors, and they're carrying over 2 of the 5 new colors to the BG.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    bH5I5lO.png

In the UI in all the games you have a hammer to knock out walls, etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    dmama1314 wrote: »

I'm a little behind on the news because I've been having computer issues. Where are these patch notes? Wanna see! :)
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    5ncwWG8.png

Oh cool that pool would go well with spa day.