Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am a toddler-contrarian xD

Comments

• Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    but just improve me 'for me' because it is 'me' playing it. And what other people want is fine, too, but I hope I get the things I want. lol Selfish? Maybe, but that is why we all buy a game to play the parts we want to play. I just hope those things become more evident over time to most.

How dare you be so selfish about what you've spent you're hard earned money on and ask for things to be added in the game!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Cinebar I wouldn't call you, or anyone else who wants something added to the game, selfish. You can see that there are still good things about the game, even lacking what should have been in the base game. You're likely not one of the people I'm referring to. :) I understand wanting them, absolutely. I do, too. It's the people who trash the entire game, anyone involved with the game, and anyone who likes the game, that I'm starting to react to.

@Sim_Lucent You've been an intelligent and thoughtful part of this conversation. I appreciate your input. I hope you know that I'm not calling anyone selfish here, nor am I complaining about people wanting things added to the game. It's about how they do so.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Modifien wrote: »
    @Sim_Lucent You've been an intelligent and thoughtful part of this conversation. I appreciate your input. I hope you know that I'm not calling anyone selfish here, nor am I complaining about people wanting things added to the game. It's about how they do so.

That means a lot -- thank you. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    So you're angry because people are complaining about a missing base game feature? LMAO! We have every right to complain. The developers of this terrible excuse for a Sims game RUSHED it! It's funny how it was completely acceptable to complain about things like pools, ghosts, family trees, basements, etc missing from the game... but now that you all have those things, it's all perfect and peachy. You're being huge hypocrites.

People have the right to complain about a product they aren't satisfied with. If we don't complain, how the heck do you expect the company that makes the product to know what we want!? Are we all just supposed to stand here in silence and just hope that the developers will eventually give us toddlers? No thank you.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Obviously toddlers are not a base game feature. Just sayin'.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @Lustianicia That's not what I said at all. :)

eta: Lol at myself, actually. I pretty much did say in the OP that just people complaining about it was making me feel that way. I've expanded on my opinion during the thread, and forgot what the wording was on my OP. Ah well.

eta2: It's not exactly about the complaining, it's about the way people complain. The way some people talk, the whole game might as well be trashed over this one issue. People feel very strongly about this, but the fanaticism and vitriol of some people are making people like me react so strongly against them, that it actually makes us react against the thing they want, too.

I want toddlers. The way some of the people rage makes me dislike them so much, that I start to dislike the idea of toddlers just because of them. It is absurd and contrary, because, again, I do want them. And that is funny.
  • Options
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Then you clearly have never played Sims 2 or Sims 3.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

Started 2000, baby and I consider TS3 being one of the best games created to this point. TS2 was great as well. Clearly: I love this franchise as a whole.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

Started 2000, baby and I consider TS3 being one of the best games created to this point. TS2 was great as well. Clearly: I love this franchise as a whole.

If you played Sims 2 and Sims 3, you would know that toddlers are a base game feature.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Sure, it does not change the fact that they were not in TS1 and TS4, though.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2015
    I think you're likely to get your wish because, in my opinion, it's extremely unlikely toddlers will ever be added.

Those of us who have had our play styles ruined because of their absence, however, aren't fortunate enough to share the luck.

ETA: There's another thread in this section about how it's rude to wish against something that others want because you don't. The irony. :D
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Well hey while were at it lets not add anything that anybody wants to the game. Forget toddlers, infact forget adding any kind of game play for this game completely.. that way everybody can be disappointed and displeased together! Fun times.
    This actually seems like the best solution.
  • Options
    Sure, it does not change the fact that they were not in TS1 and TS4, though.

Pools, ghosts, family trees, basements, half walls, and a lot of other things that have been added in patches weren't in the base game either, but you all seem to be happy with those additions. So, just because you all got what you want suddenly makes the game so perfect? Nice to know that those of us who want things like toddlers shouldn't be allowed to get what we want. But as long as you're happy...
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Nice to know that those of us who want things like toddlers shouldn't be allowed to get what we want. But as long as you're happy...

Rofl. Exaggerating much?!

• Options
    Nice to know that those of us who want things like toddlers shouldn't be allowed to get what we want. But as long as you're happy...

Rofl. Exaggerating much?!

Nope. You're all being hypocritical at this point. You're happy with the patches the game has gotten so far, so there's no need for toddlers (according to you).
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've become a TS4 Contrarian from all the crud piled on TS2/3 just to bolster TS4 and every time I read someone put down an opinion of the game just because they're not ecstatic about the game or would like something.

Oh, I don't mind the happy sharing topics. Those are fun and shine a little happiness - yet the mindless, belittling topics of anyone who isn't loving the game. "Oh, my- how could they want a Sims game they could love? I don't get it."-Topics :insert eyeroll:

I despise this game more and more and I really, really try not to come to this cesspool of double standards. I keep looking for another gaming home but they combined my TS3 yet graciously added a memories lane here. I so want them to reopen TS3 site so I don't have to indulge my weakness of wanting to see if they've improved this game in my direction just a little bit yet- and so I step into this, this quagmire of.... whatever this place is now.

You're contrary? At least I don't make Topics about it and I still try to be nice to the happy players. Try
  • Options
    @Lustianicia Surely you can see the difference between wanting something and asking about it, and stomping your proverbial feet and saying that the game is pointless without something, and that anyone who disagrees is obviously against you and thinks the game is perfect and doesn't want you to have the thing you want.

A lot of us want toddlers. I certainly do. Its the way some people are doing what I've just said that makes me dislike them so much, that I start to feel contrary and don't want them to have it, just because the way they're carrying on is so annoying.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, boohoo- Some People are stomping their feet. Some People won't be happy with this game. :eyeroll:

This isn't a Game Topic- it's a foot stomping whine fest.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    How am I hypocritical?! Explain me!

I have never said there is "no need" for toddlers. I just stated in one of my posts that I(!!) don't need them to enjoy this game. I am aware of the fact that people exist out there who can't enjoy TS4 without them, however (which, to be honest with you, I really find amusing but whatever).

• Options
    @Lustianicia Surely you can see the difference between wanting something and asking about it, and stomping your proverbial feet and saying that the game is pointless without something, and that anyone who disagrees is obviously against you and thinks the game is perfect and doesn't want you to have the thing you want.

A lot of us want toddlers. I certainly do. Its the way some people are doing what I've just said that makes me dislike them so much, that I start to feel contrary and don't want them to have it, just because the way they're carrying on is so annoying.

The irony of your comment is the fact that nearly everyone acted this way in the beginning of The Sims 4... when pools, ghosts, family trees, and many other things weren't included, there was A LOT of shouting and complaining about the game lacking all of it. They got what they wanted, so they stopped. When a person pays for a game, they expect it to be what they paid for. Otherwise, we have the right to complain about it.

Also, apparently "just asking" doesn't do anything. The developers have been asked about toddlers over and over... we have yet to to receive an actual answer at all. Even just being told whether or not toddlers will make a return would be enough, but they won't even do that.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    All these threads filled with drama today. I'm running out of popcorn over here!
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Then you're not one of the people I'm referring to. :) I like the happy topics, too. I do wish I could edit the OP, because I know not everyone's going to read through the whole thread. I should have been more clear about what, exactly, I meant by 'complaining'. I've since done so in various replies, but those are lost in the pages.

I think it's absolutely fair to say you want something, it's the hysterical vitriol of some people that have me feeling contrary. Not everyone, not by far.

I do apologize for the OP. I was laughing at myself, and unfortunately, people couldn't laugh with me at my absolute ridiculous knee-jerk reaction.
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    How nice of you :)
  • Options
    @tildel Pretty much. Being contrary is not a virtue, and getting this reaction is pretty absurd. I'm laughing at myself, because it really is ridiculous.
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    @tildel Pretty much. Being contrary is not a virtue, and getting this reaction is pretty absurd. I'm laughing at myself, because it really is ridiculous.
    Oh well, I'm glad you got a laugh out of this thread. I thought it was a bit pointless but now I see a purpose for it. :)