Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED!

Comments

• Options
    BLAMSARTBLAMSART Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2015
    (I'm fairly knew to the forums so I hope I'm actually posting on this thread right...which also means I can't post links, but I just replaced the dots with *)
    This is absolutely wonderful! I was looking around with just this, a main directory for sims story in general!
    I'm a sims writer myself so...here's my submission

Username: Blams (though it's the full Blamsart on the forum)

Website/Blog/Channel name: Light the Way to Heaven

Current site URL: lightthewaytoheaven*wordpress*com/

Sims games featured: Sims 3

Update schedule: It's a rather irregular schedule, but I've always updated within two weeks (except the one time my computer was in the repair shop, so that was two weeks and two days...)

Additional information:
    - I don't have a forum thread where I update here, but I guess I have a Facebook account? I linked my WordPress and a special Facebook account so that every time I post an update it appears there: www*facebook*com/blams*whitelight , I don't really do anything else with that account.
    - Um...also my story is PG, but the future you go in the generations the more the rating PG-13 or even PG-16 appears at times. I always warn at the beginning of the chapter, mentionning whether it's due to gore, sensitive issues, sexual content, etc
    - And finally I'm at Gen.8 so there's a lot to catch up on for new readers -_-'

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

[color=#00529c]This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.[/color]
    Light the Way to Heaven
    zEadMCi.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks @BLAMSART ! That's exactly what I wanted when I set this thread up, a central directory for Sims stories where all stories are welcome, old or new! Congrats on having such a long-running legacy!

Your site is added to the Index and Monthly Updates sections.

Since you don't have a place to announce your updates on these forums, I'd like to point out there is a thread here already, the Writer's Hangout, where all authors are free to drop in the links of their new chapters as they come out. Feel free to use it if you like!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Hello! Actually, I've already made a few stories. Though I won't link them again just yet because I'm in the process of finishing this one that is currently updating.

Username: CandyCadet
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Sims 3 Short Stories
    Current site URL: thesims3bard.weebly.com
    Sims games featured: The Sims 3
    Update schedule:* Every Sunday and Thursday - currently. Might change for future stories
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): I had a Wordpress blog that I will not update anymore due to reaching the allotted storage limit. Though I would still link some of my older stories from there to my new Weebly website.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Ok.. but I've already made the change before posting on this thread. I'll look more into this next time.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yup. That's why I make a separate thread for each story
  • Options
    Thanks @CandyCadet ! The Index and Monthly Updates sections have been added with your info!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    BLAMSARTBLAMSART Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2015
    Wow thanks @mastressalita !
    The Writer's hangout is awesome!
    And really, thanks for making this awesome index, and actually sticking to it and updating it!
    Light the Way to Heaven
    zEadMCi.png
  • Options
    It is my passion, though because the forums have a character limit for posts, I'm finding myself constantly fighting with space issues as it grows, so in the near future I may have to "recreate" this index in a new thread and essentially "reserve" the entire first page of posts so I'll have lots of room for expansion, hahahaha! But if it gets that big that I have to set up a new thread and abandon this one I'll consider that a victory rather than a loss (and the Index definitely won't be going anywhere!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Updates for today are up on the Monthly Updates section. Happy reading!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks!

New Entry Form:

Username: Rflong7/13
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Broke Apocalypse
    Current site URL: http://brokeapocalypsets2.blogspot.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 2
    Update schedule: Completed 2015
    Additional information: Apocalypse Challenge :)

New Entry Form:

Website/Blog/Channel name: The DeMingos
    Current site URL: http://thedemingos.blogspot.com/
    Sims games featured:The Sims 2
    Update schedule: Completed 2015
    Additional information : Offical Wacky Boolprop Challenge from the Boolprop site.

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Okay :)
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Sure...

New Entry Form:

Website/Blog/Channel name: An Asylum Challenge- on The Sims Site.
    Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/800843/an-asylum-challenge-finished-xd/p1
    Sims games featured: The Sims 2
    Update schedule: Completed- Dec. 2014

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:Yes. :)

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

• Options
    Thanks @Rflong7 ! Very happy to see some Sims 2 stories submitted to the Index! Congrats on completing so many challenges, and thanks for chronicling them for the masses. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    The Monthly Updates section has been updated for the day! Happy reading~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited November 2015
    Username: medleymisty

Website/Blog/Channel name: In The Valley Of The Sun

Current site URL: http://medleymisty.wordpress.com/

Sims games featured: Sims 3 and Sims 4

Update schedule: not extremely regular - maybe once every two months?

Additional information: Surreal Darkness is the currently updated story. The update thread is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861220/surreal-darkness-a-story-of-bones-and-winged-kittens-and-giant-pigs

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    Post edited by MedleyMisty on
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    Thanks, @MedleyMisty ! I have your site added to the Index and your most recent update on the Monthly Updates section!

It is completely optional, but if you'd like your updates to show up on the Monthly Updates section as they come out, if you drop the link in the Writer's Hangout thread or just let us know over in the Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!! thread, since you seem to like to chat there, that helps me get the updates up in the most timely manner. ^_^

Thanks for submitting your site!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Hi, thanks for the message. I want to submit my story to the list.

Username: @ilovebunnys65

Website/Blog/Channel name: To Live Life Like You're Dying

Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857496/to-live-life-like-youre-dying/p1

Sims games featured: Sims 4

Update schedule: Irregular
  • Options
    Thanks @ilovebunnys65 ! Your story has been added to the Index and the Monthly Updates section!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    My other story :)

Username: AuroraLockwood (forums), AuroraHammond (blog)

Website/Blog/Channel name: For Love or Money

Current site URL: https://forloveormoneysims.wordpress.com/

Update schedule: Aiming for once a week though it may vary slightly from chapter to chapter

Additional information:
    -forum link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860510/for-love-or-money-a-reality-show-ish-story/p1
    -stories titles featured: "For Love or Money: A reality show-ish sims story"
    -It is a reality show story but rather than focusing on the whole cast is done in story style centered around the main character and her experience while on the show.

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Fabulous! Thanks @AuroraLockwood , I have your new story added to the Index!

I will go ahead and use this moment as a reminder to all Index members that you may submit any and all story sites you have, including ones that are completed! (Completed stories are just submitted with "Completed" in the Update Schedule field).

Stories that are discontinued, or are on hiatus (but may be picked back up in the future) can always be added to the Index's sister thread, the Stories and Legacies Archive (and On Hiatus entries can always be requested to be moved back out of the Archive and into the Index if they go Off Hiatus).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    So, I have hit that point again where I'm starting to really have trouble cramming the monthly updates into the allocated space due to the forums' character limit restrictions. This has pretty much left me with only two solutions I can think of:

a) Axe the Monthly Shoutouts section to steal that post for another slot in the opening line-up, since despite frequently plugging it, it really just doesn't get a lot of use. Even though I really wanted giving story recommends a little place to be highlighted here, I had been thinking of discontinuing that section at the beginning of the new year anyway since it just hasn't really been catching on.

b) Start over from scratch. New thread, abandon this one, and reserve the heck out of the new one (possibly the entire first page) for expansion space. The downside of course is the fact all the pre-existing links out there will still point here (of course there will be a "Hey! Go to the new place!" message, but still annoying) and the view count will have to start over, but... there ya have it.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Username: Haylz18
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Sims 4 Sagas
    Current site URL: https://sims4sagas.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule:* irregular
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): Simtopia Saga, Venus and Mars, I Opened an Orphanage
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes

venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @mastressalita To be honest, I'm kind of leaning towards starting new, despite the setbacks. Then again, I always like starting fresh.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @mastressalita to round out the votes....I'd say axe the shootouts for now...use the space then when you run out again make a new thread and try for shoutouts....or simplify the story posts to save space...start fresh when you're feeling excited about starting fresh...of course if that's now then do it.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Thanks @haylz18 ! You've been added in the Index. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 and @ra3rei : Thanks for the input. While I am not entirely opposed to the idea of removing the Shoutouts to use that post for more space for the Monthly Updates (its the Monthly Updates right now that is most often giving me "Your post is xxx characters too long" errors, NOT the index posts, and it is the next one sequentially to the Monthly Updates, which would make that rather easy), the more I think about it, the more I feel like all I'd be doing is delaying the inevitable. The truth of the matter is, when I first created the thread, I was a newb and didn't know there was a character limit, and therefore didn't allocate myself a lot of front page real estate to grow into, so eventually, there is just always going to be a time where I'm going to need more of it (unless the forums got rid of the character limit, and fat chance that is going to happen), so rather than delay what I'm going to have to do eventually, I think it's probably best to just bite the bullet to move to a new thread where I reserve more space. It's really just a matter of a lot of copy-pasting, and a lot of re-linking, and having to start the view count over, but eh, it happens. Also I typically always have several "scout" messages out at any given time (about 98% of the sign-ups I get are through PMs I send out rather than folks just seeing the thread and adding their site on their own) so sadly all those messages already "out there" are going to direct them here, which is going to be a little confusing (and I just don't want to send out a bunch of extra PMs saying "Oh woops, we've moved!" as I have a "one PM and if they don't bite I take that as them not interested" policy). So yes, there are some downsides, but ultimately the upside is there would no longer be a constant struggle when it comes to adding new content, and getting as many stories listed, getting all those updates featured in a timely manner, that has always been my ultimate goal.

So... consider this my "In Construction" banner. If you see a SECOND "Stories and Legacies" Index pop up, I kindly ask everyone refrain from posting there until I give the go ahead, since I need to reserve myself lots of space on the new thread while it is in construction. Thanks for understanding. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited November 2015
    @mastressalita With the copying, if you pull open the edit tab on the posts here, then you can copy and paste the entire thing, links included, to another thread. And if you are moving to another thread (which it seems like it), then perhaps split it up so that only 3-5 letters are in each post? Maybe more depending on how many you expect to get with each letter?

And with the PMs thing, at the VERY beginning of the first post, you could put a link to the new thread, in all bold italics colors etc to make it more eye-catching.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    There will be a re-direct, but that will come later.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    This thread is now officially closed, and a new, bigger Stories and Legacies Index is now open! Please head over to the new Stories and Legacies Index if you would like to submit your site!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg