Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    That screenshot two posts above looks a lot like the area I was born in - in the countryside in Bavaria, Germany. What I've seen from Windenburg so far looks very German/European in general, they definitely nailed that IMO.

The thing is, I have some pretty bad memories of the town I grew up in and my teen years. I moved away from there as soon as I turned 18. So the new world is the one feature about GT I'm not that excited about yet. (Please don't hit me!!!) :smiley:

However, I'm really curious about the docks that you can kind of see in the beginning of the teaser... I LOVE the seaside. I guess that's where my sims will be living then :smile:
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I might not call myself a retail phobic, but I must have cringed when I heard there would be retail aspect in GTW. I tried running few stores in OFB and it was usually a huge pain. Eventually when years passed I learned to enjoy the RPG aspect of retail, mainly setting up stores and visiting them with my other sims. For more enjoyable experience it would be crucial though to have running public services included wich GTW doesn't. Well I haven't even bought the pack, I might one day, but waiting for a better sale.

I am in love with GT countryside!! Looks like there aren't many buildings around the lots, so you could really make anything out of it.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Do we have windmills in the other towns?
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Do we have windmills in the other towns?

No
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    That screenshot two posts above looks a lot like the area I was born in - in the countryside in Bavaria, Germany. What I've seen from Windenburg so far looks very German/European in general, they definitely nailed that IMO.

The thing is, I have some pretty bad memories of the town I grew up in and my teen years. I moved away from there as soon as I turned 18. So the new world is the one feature about GT I'm not that excited about yet. (Please don't hit me!!!) :smiley:

However, I'm really curious about the docks that you can kind of see in the beginning of the teaser... I LOVE the seaside. I guess that's where my sims will be living then :smile:

It's ok NordicPhoenix! <3 I cringe internally when people mention farming packs... I grew up on a farm and when someone mentions doing that for fun I literally cringe. LOL In reality it's a lot of hard work and totally not my idea of "fun" digital play. rofl We all have our quirks and that's a good thing.

Thankfully, there is that incredible modernized area along the coast that you've already spied and I suspect will love! Yay for variety!!!

@luimistelija I'm not really phobic either, I'm just exaggerating, but it's certainly not my first choice for fun in The Sims. LOL <3 The Black Friday Origin sales are coming up soon, might be a good time to snag GTW. ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I'm so desperate to take my mind off GT that I opened a bakery. To put this in perspective for you guys... I HATED OFB. I know... gasp... right? I mean, that's something almost everyone loves. lol Well it was a pain in my bootie! I liked the option being there... but I also liked the option of walking right by it with a beaming southern smile that said "I'm smiling, because I don't have to do a plum smidgen thing with you... rot in your grave you life sucking store of doom!"

Well, my heir (who is a teen) is frozen in time waiting for GT. I turned aging off and have been just... waiting... waiting for GT... and I'm out of things to level on her. She's maxed out and is even exploring the teen jobs (which is something I have NEVER done before... didn't realize you could be a babysitter on the weekend rofl).

So I get this bright idea last night. Oi! I should open a Bakery with my teen! I have seen so many cute bakeries on the gallery and never explored any of them... zero retail experience here... b/c well... I just don't do business running in sim games. It is the one aspect of GTW that I side step... NOPE NOPE, and I have avoided it like one avoids seafood when you have a shellfish allergy. I mean, I'm glad it's there, don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those simmers who is like "Oh gosh, not for me, don't put it in my game EVER!!!" I like options, even if I don't utilize them... options are "much goodness". Anyway, I download this adorable bakery from the gallery and set to work.

Sweet
    Midgets
    And
    Hot
    Apple
    Pie

I don't know how you business lovers do it. I'd rather have my fingernails ripped off. 3 hours into this thing, my sim is tense, I'm tense, my sim's mom is helping at the store and she's tense. My employee is over there making fart jokes and flirting with some old guy and all my cases are dirty and it takes her 60 MILLION LIGHT YEARS to restock a case. I've had international travel excursions with my real life toddler that were less stressful than this sugar hole of life sucking digital doom. My hat is off to all you business loving simmers, I don't know how you do it, but I'm smiling today... because that bakery has a 75% chance of literally going down in an Armageddon sized ball of flames today. >:)

I'm so happy to read that there's someone else out there who also runs screaming from the Simming retail experience! I had my rich Sim open a clothing store when GTW came out. I thought, "oh, this'll be something fun and relaxing for her to do on her days off from being a Show Stopper comedian..." Wrong!! So very very wrong! It was the absolute and complete opposite of fun and relaxing - both for her and me... Man, it was brutal :s So many frustrated customers swearing at me my Sim because her "assistants" - and I use the term very lightly - were deep in conversation with each other about what they'd had for breakfast instead of getting off their butts and earning their ridiculosuly high salaries... My Sim went home at the end of each day exhausted and needing a stiff drink. Or maybe that was me, I forget... Anyway, it will be a while before I try running a business again, and even then I may just stock two outfits and a plate of cupcakes - I could possibly cope with that... :D

Ive never tried the retail thing for fear of having similar experiences with it as you guys have - I'm not very business minded in real life and that's how I feel I need to be to help my sims run a store! The prospect has always kinda scared me
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @Vicks06 Oh man, you should totally do it! At the very least, just so you can share your own personal horror story with us. LOL Don't worry, we will be here waiting to sympathize and provide morale support. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Very excited about this EP. Love the European world and the ability to join/make clubs. Wish toddlers are included though. They will really enhance my gameplay.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,469 Member
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    I'm so desperate to take my mind off GT that I opened a bakery. To put this in perspective for you guys... I HATED OFB. I know... gasp... right? I mean, that's something almost everyone loves. lol Well it was a pain in my bootie! I liked the option being there... but I also liked the option of walking right by it with a beaming southern smile that said "I'm smiling, because I don't have to do a plum smidgen thing with you... rot in your grave you life sucking store of doom!"

Well, my heir (who is a teen) is frozen in time waiting for GT. I turned aging off and have been just... waiting... waiting for GT... and I'm out of things to level on her. She's maxed out and is even exploring the teen jobs (which is something I have NEVER done before... didn't realize you could be a babysitter on the weekend rofl).

So I get this bright idea last night. Oi! I should open a Bakery with my teen! I have seen so many cute bakeries on the gallery and never explored any of them... zero retail experience here... b/c well... I just don't do business running in sim games. It is the one aspect of GTW that I side step... NOPE NOPE, and I have avoided it like one avoids seafood when you have a shellfish allergy. I mean, I'm glad it's there, don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those simmers who is like "Oh gosh, not for me, don't put it in my game EVER!!!" I like options, even if I don't utilize them... options are "much goodness". Anyway, I download this adorable bakery from the gallery and set to work.

Sweet
    Midgets
    And
    Hot
    Apple
    Pie

I don't know how you business lovers do it. I'd rather have my fingernails ripped off. 3 hours into this thing, my sim is tense, I'm tense, my sim's mom is helping at the store and she's tense. My employee is over there making fart jokes and flirting with some old guy and all my cases are dirty and it takes her 60 MILLION LIGHT YEARS to restock a case. I've had international travel excursions with my real life toddler that were less stressful than this sugar hole of life sucking digital doom. My hat is off to all you business loving simmers, I don't know how you do it, but I'm smiling today... because that bakery has a 75% chance of literally going down in an Armageddon sized ball of flames today. >:)

I'm so happy to read that there's someone else out there who also runs screaming from the Simming retail experience! I had my rich Sim open a clothing store when GTW came out. I thought, "oh, this'll be something fun and relaxing for her to do on her days off from being a Show Stopper comedian..." Wrong!! So very very wrong! It was the absolute and complete opposite of fun and relaxing - both for her and me... Man, it was brutal :s So many frustrated customers swearing at me my Sim because her "assistants" - and I use the term very lightly - were deep in conversation with each other about what they'd had for breakfast instead of getting off their butts and earning their ridiculosuly high salaries... My Sim went home at the end of each day exhausted and needing a stiff drink. Or maybe that was me, I forget... Anyway, it will be a while before I try running a business again, and even then I may just stock two outfits and a plate of cupcakes - I could possibly cope with that... :D

Ive never tried the retail thing for fear of having similar experiences with it as you guys have - I'm not very business minded in real life and that's how I feel I need to be to help my sims run a store! The prospect has always kinda scared me

I really should have another go at it! As soon as I got GTW, I downloaded a great store from the Gallery, but it was large and jam-packed full of items for sale; that, coupled with utterly useless shop assistants, put me right off :D But - I will go back to it at some point, maybe buy a smaller, more manageable, store!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    lou, start off small. ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,469 Member
    lou, start off small. ;)

Sound advice :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can build a huge store that looks like a big department store full of items, but place only a few items near the register for sale. Then, you get the look of a big store but it functions like a small shop.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    The EP isn't available yet, but it already has me interested in playing what I have.
    I am playing my potential club leaders and getting them ready for Get Together. My game has new life.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Trailer day trailer day trailer day trailer day! :D

Did I say trailer day?
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    @Mightydan

TRAILLEERRRR DAYYYYYY what time is it usually released? I can't remember. I'm usually at work but i have a day off today so i'm sitting around like WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited November 2015
    Last week it came out pretty early, but don't remember exactly when. And I'm guessing it will be released in the mobile app first, just like last week and the week before.

ETA: I just went back in this thread a few pages, based on last week, the release on the app is within 10 minutes from now!
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Let's hope this works...
    https://youtu.be/HBHtKDQqOuM
  • Options
    OMG... Love the animations for the espresso machine.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Winderburg looks a-ma-zing! I love the look of it all, I love the European feel but also the modern feel of it, they mixed it so perfectly!

Ah!! i'm just so excited and trilled, i'm slowly building up Willow Creek because I have to do something otherwise my game will be so empty if I play with Winderburg hehe! Going to make some clubs or something for when it comes out!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    WillowxPillowWillowxPillow Posts: 189 Member
    Omg I loved that trailer!! I want to go through that maze, for sure!
  • Options
    Love the animation from the woohoo bush ;) And that portable bar is pretty cool too.

Does anyone think the estate may actually be haunted by those ghost (awesome paintings by the way) or is that just staged? And did you see what the she-ghost was wearing at 1.23? That looks pretty awesome! Much like the dress in the painting :)

In summary - it's ALL awesome!
  • Options
    I love the recolour of don't wake up the llama, it's perfect for kids!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Omgosh?! Did anyone else see what's behind the pool, like this really long glass fence it's so gorgeous!!
    33jix38.png
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Was that synchronized swimming? I really want that lead dancing sim guy with the sunglasses and colorful shirt! <3
    Amazing video!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    @DaniqaSimmer Yaassss im so excited about all this build/buy mode stuff i'm seeing! All the new CAS stuff i've seen looks amazing as well!

I hated building in sims 1-3 but 4's new build tools has really got me hooked! Can't wait to play around with all the new stuff!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //