Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the patch cause this? Has anyone else had this happen in sims 4

I was in the nightclub (well my sim was) and there was a sim the exact same as my sim that I created, I did not get her from the gallery, I did use cc on her, I can't stand some of the hairs in sims 4 but other than that she is my creation Anyway my sim talked to this sim, no problems there. I went and had the sim who is the husband of my sim ask her if she was single, she said no she was married to Gunner Prosper, who is the sim I had ask her if she was single. My sim went into the nightclub again and saw her again, now my sim is pregnant so is this other sim. I am just laughing at this at this point and trying to find all kinds of ways to find a difference, but they are just the same. Only thing is when my sim goes home she still stays at the nightclub, as I left the husband there to see. So did the patch cause this? Is my cc causing this? does anyone else have this in their game? I have not had this happen since I played sims 2, in sims 2 it happened to me a lot.

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I've heard of this hapening months before this last patch was released. I don't remember it ever being fixed, so I assume it's just a left over glitch. Not sure the cause of it though.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I've heard of this hapening months before this last patch was released. I don't remember it ever being fixed, so I assume it's just a left over glitch. Not sure the cause of it though.

Thanks for answering the reason I asked if it was the patch was because it just started happening to me. I wonder if her husband is also a clone as someone mentioned on my wall. This could turn out to be a fun story!
  • Options
  • Options

Thanks I will check them out. I am really having fun with it though and may not want to fix it.
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Thanks I will check them out. I am really having fun with it though and may not want to fix it.

You're welcome. :) Well, as long as you're not bothered by it and it doesn't cause any other issues I say have fun!
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options

You're welcome. :) Well, as long as you're not bothered by it and it doesn't cause any other issues I say have fun!

I play a weird quirky game, so am not bothered with it now, may be bothered with it after awhile if it keeps happening. Right now it is a novelty. I use my game for relaxation so mostly nothing bothers me in it except when it does not play, which I have been lucky with sims 4 it plays and plays well for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I play a weird quirky game, so am not bothered with it now, may be bothered with it after awhile if it keeps happening. Right now it is a novelty. I use my game for relaxation so mostly nothing bothers me in it except when it does not play, which I have been lucky with sims 4 it plays and plays well for me.

Well, if it ends up going away and you decide you want it back, you can always use the cloning machine that comes with GT. They won't go through the same uh "life experiences" ie: get pregnant at the same time, but it is neat to see a "mysterious' identical twin wondering around town lol.

I think that's one of my favorite things with the scientist career. One of my sims has two clones, except one turned out evil and the other one got the "Good" trait. They both got all of her aspiration traits though.

Anyway, that's a great. I'm glad you're using the game to relax and just have fun, that's one (well, two...) of the biggest things a game should be for, imo. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options

Well, if it ends up going away and you decide you want it back, you can always use the cloning machine that comes with GT. They won't go through the same uh "life experiences" ie: get pregnant at the same time, but it is neat to see a "mysterious' identical twin wondering around town lol.

I think that's one of my favorite things with the scientist career. One of my sims has two clones, except one turned out evil and the other one got the "Good" trait. They both got all of her aspiration traits though.

Anyway, that's a great. I'm glad you're using the game to relax and just have fun, that's one (well, two...) of the biggest things a game should be for, imo. :)

I used sims 2 and sims 3 to help me get through cancer treatments, although not sims 3 so much as it just frustrated me it played so bad on my computer. This one at least plays.
  • Options

I used sims 2 and sims 3 to help me get through cancer treatments, although not sims 3 so much as it just frustrated me it played so bad on my computer. This one at least plays.

I'm glad you're still around and enjoying the Sims series. :) I can't lie, there was a period of time where the Sims 4 truly helped me when I was struggling with depression and when I had no one in my life (it got fairly dark). I was spending a lot of days alone and it was just nice to create happy families and focus on something positive. That's something I appreciate about the Sims series and the Sims 4 in general.

I'm lucky enough where the Sims 3 will run on my pc without any noticeable issues, but I really wish it had been better coded and 64 bit. I really hope sims 4 will always run well. There is something that just feels a lot "easier" about booting up the sims 4.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Um, I haven't had a clone. Maybe that is a bug? But it is weird while my Sim was pregnant with twins, so many other Sims were pregnant with twins too. So something strange might be occurring since the patch.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,648 Member
    I heard the clone problem could be if you delete the household from Household Management and put the same household in again, or something like that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 2 it was called the "Dopplegang effect" and caused by adding a copy of a sims you had in the game to the library - as sims 2 NPC sims were often made up from various sims in the game pool combined with sims from the library - but Sims 4 does not work like that at all - so I have no idea how that happens in this game. It must be weird. I know in Sims 2 it actually would corrupt the whole save eventually because deleting the sims in Sims 2 also was an issue - again not a Sims 4 issue. it is head scratching to say the least.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    I've seen copies of one of my sims before (a long time ago, maybe around Christmas last year) and eventually figured out that it was because I had saved the sim to my library after creating them ... I solved it by deleting the sim from the library, if I remember correctly ... It hasn't happened since.

By the way, I think your story is kind of creepy! Imagine what it would be like if you saw someone identical to yourself in real life! I would freak out.
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sims 2 it was called the "Dopplegang effect" and caused by adding a copy of a sims you had in the game to the library - as sims 2 NPC sims were often made up from various sims in the game pool combined with sims from the library - but Sims 4 does not work like that at all - so I have no idea how that happens in this game. It must be weird. I know in Sims 2 it actually would corrupt the whole save eventually because deleting the sims in Sims 2 also was an issue - again not a Sims 4 issue. it is head scratching to say the least.
    Sims 2 also had the Dopplegang effect with the two Bella Goths. :) I remember Simmers got their saves corrupted moving the clone Bella to the Goth household.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    It never happened to me in this game to see a duplicate sim.
    So OP, one must be the sim you have created and another one must be game generated. You need to delete the game generated.

You should find that sim in world management under townies. just delete it. And if your sim gives birth to a child you dont want, then best way is to move the child (using split house screen) to a townie household then delete that household. I think that will delete every trace of the sim.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    I wonder if the clone's child will be identical to your played Sim's child, or if the genes will be a different mix of parents for each pregnancy. Interesting.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member
    When I first started my game, i created a sim saved him, and then added him to some other single sims household.... I ended up with 2 of him and was able to delete the single household one (even though he is in my library. But I do have a problem with a couple of townies that were created in my game and I took them into create a sim and added a father and brother to the sim. I have the 4 family hiusehold, but also the original 2 family household. And if I delete the 2 family household it deletes those 2 in the 4 family household as well. I think I need to resave the 4 family to the gallery, then delete the 2 and 4 family household, then download them the 4 family household again.... Only problem is I will lose all the families friends, but I
    I think I am going to have to do that.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I wonder if the clone's child will be identical to your played Sim's child, or if the genes will be a different mix of parents for each pregnancy. Interesting.

It would be interesting to see.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    When I first started my game, i created a sim saved him, and then added him to some other single sims household.... I ended up with 2 of him and was able to delete the single household one (even though he is in my library. But I do have a problem with a couple of townies that were created in my game and I took them into create a sim and added a father and brother to the sim. I have the 4 family hiusehold, but also the original 2 family household. And if I delete the 2 family household it deletes those 2 in the 4 family household as well. I think I need to resave the 4 family to the gallery, then delete the 2 and 4 family household, then download them the 4 family household again.... Only problem is I will lose all the families friends, but I

That's too bad that you will lose progress. Funny also that if you delete one you lose the other.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member

That's too bad that you will lose progress. Funny also that if you delete one you lose the other.

Yes... I thought that was very strange too, but when I was first beginning my game I didn't understand how things worked that well, I have added relatives to other sims since then and don't have double households... Not sure if it was a temporary bug, or if I actually did something wrong back then.
  • Options

Yes... I thought that was very strange too, but when I was first beginning my game I didn't understand how things worked that well, I have added relatives to other sims since then and don't have double households... Not sure if it was a temporary bug, or if I actually did something wrong back then.

As long as it is better now for you is all that matters. I have a sim with a double, and as mentioned above, I am wondering what happens when the baby is born will it be a double, and will the double have the baby at the nightclub, which is where she seems to be hanging out when I go there. She is not at my house, though I have seen her walking by. So I have no idea. Funny though.
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Alternate universe. I say roll with it. Which sim is the real one tho??? Ooooo maybe shes from the future and she trying to warn you of something!! Hahahahaha
    2ynjgg8.png