Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't eat

Ever since the patch I've been having problems with my Sims eating. I tell them to grab a serving and they snap back and the plate is on the floor. I select eat and they just stand there...I select cleanup and they finally grab it and start walking to the garbage so I cancel that and they snap back again and the plate is on the floor.
I've tried restarting the game and everything. I've tried testingcheats on and reset the Sim, the food, the fridge, the stove, the microwave...everything and still it keeps happening...After closing the game and restarting several times it finally clears up. I am so afraid my legacy Sims are all going to starve to death.

Comments

• Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I don't have an answer but hopefully someone else will so bump
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Someone's cooking must be terrible
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    This game is so bad that the Sims themselves want to die to keep from being in it. I feel for them..... :'(
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    ArilyArily Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Hunger strike possibly?
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    The poor things have probably noticed how easy it is to gain weight in this game.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Sims want that summer body next year... poor things. :(
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Just let them get to the point of starving to death and see if they will actually eat then!

They are much better at taking care of themselves in this game, LOL
  • Options
    That's the thing they are starving to death but it's a bug that won't let them eat because the food snaps to the ground by their feet and they are just standing there.
  • Options
    Have you tried taking them to the park (yeah, hotdogs) or the venue (chips) or does it still happen?

Did you go to Origin and click to repair game?
  • Options
    No I will try that. Thank you!

I sporadically play my game anyways but this bug makes me not want to play at all...very sad. Hope it gets fixed!
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    someone said re-installing game might wipe the bug out.
  • Options
    Would hate to have to do that but if it will work I'll try it. Thank you!
  • Options
    If you uninstall and reinstall you wont loose anything. It will all be there.

If you did the repair on origin and it didn't work, I would just uninstall and reinstall while there, and hope its fixed.

Usually works for me anyway :p
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I had this happen to my sims on a much smaller and intermittent scale. I just sent them to another neighborhood to gather scavenge trashcans, get plant cuttings, and dig nodes. Once I got them back home they didn't have the problem anymore. But I also do the update and repair option on Origin before I run the game... so that may have eventually fixed it.
  • Options
    SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited November 2015
    Not working for me either.. they still put food on the ground :(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sashasonic wrote: »
    Not working for me either.. they still put food on the ground :(

The original topic's bug was fixed quite a while ago.

What's happening exactly for you? Have you tried things like resetting the Sims, replacing the furniture, travelling to a different lot and back, and pulling out your mods?

I also recommend this gameplay-folder reset as an often-useful glitch-remover:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hi, it seems to be one main sim.. the others eat etc.. I also have an annoying issue whereby the careers.promote for doctor is not working.. I am right now trying to fix it :/ The last time I removed all my cc, & started my game, I had to re do all my sims in the game over again as they became bald etc and lost all the cc, I never want to do it again... lol. I am just going back into the game to check a few things, (& to travel her to a different lot like you suggested) and I've tried a few ideas from Carls Guide just now too.. (strange maybe, but for a while now there's been nothing in my Cache file to delete.. is that weird..?) Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Have just now tried again after deleting a 'move objects always on mod'.. and now they are eating again. Doctor promote cheat still not working though... cripes, when I work out the problem, it'll be great! and doubtful on mods now.. ;/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Have just now tried again after deleting a 'move objects always on mod'.. and now they are eating again. Doctor promote cheat still not working though... cripes, when I work out the problem, it'll be great! and doubtful on mods now.. ;/

Hello @Sashasonic .
    Make sure that you have put in testingcheats true then careers.promote Doctor
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

The move objects on mod broke several patches ago when the developers added the cheat officially.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    yes, I've always got cheats on.... Obviously, as that is my issue... why is it not working @rosemow
  • Options
    this was the 'always on moo cheat' though, thanks anyway
  • Options
    By the feel of it: suggestions, I'll keep checking things out myself, and have also posted the question at sims online and will probably try a few others too.... also: I'll just have to delete mods one by one now (I don't trust many of them now).
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    By the feel of it: suggestions, I'll keep checking things out myself, and have also posted the question at sims online and will probably try a few others too.... also: I'll just have to delete mods one by one now (I don't trust many of them now).

Hello @Sashasonic. Sometimes after game patch updates, mods conflict with the patches/game . It would be good to go back to the sites where you downloaded the mods from and see if updated versions have been released or if other simmers are having issues with the mods that you have in your game.