Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would buying spooky stuff be dumb now?

Since Halloween is over would it be useless to buy this expansion now! I think I read from somewhere trick or treating so over? S what does this expansion include?

Comments

• Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    Not if you truly enjoy "spooky stuff". I am a horror fan, and love Halloween and "goth" things. So having this pack installed year-round doesn't bother me. It includes a good bit of items that you could use all year as decor depending on your play style, such as a set of "tattered"/"torn" items like a curtain and some tables with "raggedy" looking tablecloths. You could use them in a creepy house, or perhaps a haunted house filled with ghosts.

Some of the things like costumes add variety to costume parties. You're also able to throw spooky parties as well(which to me work like costume parties with better themed costumes).

There are a few new recipes like zombie cake, spooky cookies, and cheese eyeballs that you could use if you have GTW in a bakery or some other retail store. I'm currently having a "clearance sale" at one of my bakeries for the halloween items(I filled a display with zombie cakes and spooky cookies and set my markup percent lower than usual).

Really only the trick and treat interactions were removed. They mainly were for the #teamtrick vs #teamtreat event anyhow. Oh, and you can put pumpkins all over the place if you're into that. There's also a few props like two toony little illuminated ghosts and a tombstone set that can be toggled to light up and also be toggled to produce a fog effect.

Like any stuff pack, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination. I say that ultimately it depends on your personal tastes as to whether it's still worth purchasing at this point or not.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    You're only limiting yourself when you say Halloween can only happen once a year. Why can't it happen once every Sim week? Just because it's over in real life doesn't mean is has to be that way in the game.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Since Halloween is over would it be useless to buy this expansion now! I think I read from somewhere trick or treating so over? S what does this expansion include?

I don't think this pack is actually spooky so that's why I haven't bought it but if it had content I wanted it wouldn't matter to me when I bought it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    If you would like to make haunted houses, it would be great to have the pack to use in those builds, There are a variety of costumes that come with the pack, and they are great for sims to wear not just on spooky themed occasions. The new food recipes that come with the pack are new food items to either cook for sims meals, or for parties or to sell.
    This is a link to a guide to the pack on simsvip. It contains pictures of the items that come with the pack. It msy help you in deciding if you would like to buy the pack.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-spooky-stuff-guide/
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    If you would like to make haunted houses, it would be great to have the pack to use in those builds, There are a variety of costumes that come with the pack, and they are great for sims to wear not just on spooky themed occasions. The new food recipes that come with the pack are new food items to either cook for sims meals, or for parties or to sell.
    This is a link to a guide to the pack on simsvip. It contains pictures of the items that come with the pack. It msy help you in deciding if you would like to buy the pack.

The pumpkin carving station increases handiness, and is just cool anyway. And some of the costumes are awesome, I've been known to put insane sims in some of those as athletic gear. And the witch dress makes a cool party outfit, IMO. The tattered tables, I put in a financially embarrassed sim's house, they're cheap. And they LOOK like she just moved in. Pretty funny.

Spooky Stuff was WELL worth the money, IMO.

fm5fn7.jpg
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Sim years are much much shorter than ours. If you waited til next Halloween to do spooky stuff, you would be many many generations past the current one. We have tons of Halloweens in our lifetimes. Why shouldn't the sims? :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It s a stuff pack not an expansion.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I considered buying it so I could throw a costume/warming party but I don't know if I should now or wait till after GTG comes out since the party aspects are more enhanced.

You also might want to wait and maybe you can pick up a good deal for black Friday.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's a great stuff pack, IMO. I say buy it and have Halloween once a week. Just because it may be summer where you are doesn't mean it can't be Halloween in your sims world. Why limit yourself or your sims?
  • Options
    I"m still using it. I will be for several weeks even though Halloween is over as I have several households celebrating Halloween.
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I considered buying it so I could throw a costume/warming party but I don't know if I should now or wait till after GTG comes out since the party aspects are more enhanced.

You also might want to wait and maybe you can pick up a good deal for black Friday.

You know it also comes with 3 new recipes. You can make Halloween Cookies,Zombie Cookies and Eyeball Cookies.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    The new spider and skull (for women) necklaces look really good on mean or evil sims, too. And the spiderweb tights, I *love* those!

This stuff pack was without a doubt the best $10 I've dropped lately. I'd do it again. LOL!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    The pumpkin carving station is great profit if you have high handiness. One of my guests made a masterpiece pumpkin which sold for 458, same price fresh or spoiled (they cost 25 simoleons to make). You can also request your guests carve them during a Spooky Party, in effect giving you a free factory workforce for a pumpkin shop, lol.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I don't think it's dumb at all. I love using the chevron carpeting in certain rooms of my builds, and some of the female CAS items are great for everyday wear. With the Sim lifespans, it wouldn't be right for a child or teen not to have at least one Spooky party before becoming a young adult.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

The pumpkin carving station increases handiness, and is just cool anyway. And some of the costumes are awesome, I've been known to put insane sims in some of those as athletic gear. And the witch dress makes a cool party outfit, IMO. The tattered tables, I put in a financially embarrassed sim's house, they're cheap. And they LOOK like she just moved in. Pretty funny.

Spooky Stuff was WELL worth the money, IMO.

fm5fn7.jpg

I didn't know that outfit was in that pack. That's interesting since I like to create Greek and Roman Sims. This is one thing I enjoyed about the base game of TS1 it had a lot of build mode castle stuff..miss that stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    This has been my favorite stuff pack! Simply because it fits my more goth themed homes. I like horror and all things related! So even though Halloween is over, is still works. However, if you like simply, modern homes, then this isn't for you! If it seems to fit your style, then get it :)
  • Options
    JinglebottomJinglebottom Posts: 37 Member
    Ima pick it up for Black Friday B)