Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Get Together without disc?!

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    No there is a physical disc they just mixed up the covers.
    If you click on the physical button it will show the downloadable version cover and if you click on the online game code it shows the physical DVD cover.

Just mixed up

EDIT: Physical cover also showing no disc included. I think it is wrong. EPs are always released physically as well. They will correct it.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Makes sense I guess. Pretty sure Get To Work came with a disc and all that was included was Verification to download from Origin.

They should have a limited DVD edition for people who don't have good internet, but overall it makes sense.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    One of the many things that aggravate me about Sims 4: lack of discs.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Dislike. Dvd installation is so so much quicker for me.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I always buy the EPs in disc form because the installation process is so much simpler and quicker for me this way.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Cutting down on costs by not creating discs, perhaps?
  • Options
    Geek1ElkGeek1Elk Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2015
    Amazon UK have PC DVD version.
    www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014HA64NK/
    So... Amazon US might be put a wrong Picture.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    I stopped buying the disks on the whole. First off only the EPs come in disks, the GPs and SPs are downloadable only. Without having an independent launcher, if you're internet is out or your modem dies (like mind did once) you can't play the game anyway. So, having all of these disks just ends up as clutter. I only have so much closet space to house them!

I was leery of it, at first, so I do understand the need for the physical disk. Trust me, I do. I have since been cured, if you will. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Geek1Elk wrote: »

No, digital-to-physical ratio is much higher in the US. They intentially don't include a disk in the US, but other regions would still get an actual disk.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited October 2015
    They confirmed EP's come in physical copies, meaning disks. GP's and SP's are only available as digital DLC.
    elelunicy wrote: »

No, digital-to-physical ratio is much higher in the US. They intentially don't include a disk in the US, but other regions would still get an actual disk.

EP's come in physical disk form in US, for now at least. I do think they (Maxis) will transition to digital only at some point, but I think that's still a few years away.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I much rather have the DVD- Now that Origin shows 4 of my TS3 expansions as not owned (all on my MySims page-and they never answer the Help chat any more (for me)- why would I trust them with this one now?

I won't buy any expansions as DLC. Small stuff, if I'm interested only.
  • Options
    They confirmed EP's come in physical copies, meaning disks. GP's and SP's are only available as digital DLC.

EP's come in physical disk form in US, for now at least. I do think they (Maxis) will transition to digital only at some point, but I think that's still a few years away.

This is from the official website.
    Is The Sims 4 Get Together available on a physical disc?
    There will be a boxed version of The Sims 4 Get Together available in physical retail stores worldwide. In some countries, this will include a physical PC disc – please contact your local retailer for more information. All versions will include a code that enables you to download the game on both PC and Mac through Origin™.

The US will be one of these countries that don't get a physical disc.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Well, there ya go. TS4 is over for me. :lmao:
  • Options
    So basically US customers are just paying for an empty box!! And if you are ordering this you might need to pay for shipping charges as well! Why bother all this? Buy it from Origin and save money
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    A lot of companies have been doing that, not even just for games. It really isn't so surprising, just the way technology is headed.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Doesn't mean it's good- it's good for the Company, not the customer nor the employee. Why do so many accept it? I much rather go out then sit at home and shop. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Doesn't mean it's good- it's good for the Company, not the customer nor the employee. Why do so many accept it? I much rather go out then sit at home and shop. :(

Aw, no - I can understand that. For me I don't see the point to even buy most things like that at a store if it's just going to be a slip of paper, i could stay home for the same results lol.

I just meant to say that it appears most/a lot of programs/games are headed in the digital only direction. That's why I'm not surprised.

Edit: @ your other point (acceptance);
    As far as digital things go, I accept it because it's convenient for me. I'm not a collector and i have the internet speed to download things without it being bothersome.

As far as other objects go, i prefer to shop in person because it's nice being out and because I can "see what I'm getting". I only like online shopping for things I can't find within a practical driving distance.

That's not to say anyone else needs to feel the way I do, it's just my personal preference.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »

Aw, no - I can understand that. For me I don't see the point to even buy most things like that at a store if it's just going to be a slip of paper, i could stay home for the same results lol.

I just meant to say that it appears most/a lot of programs/games are headed in the digital only direction. That's why I'm not surprised.

As far as digital things go, I accept it because it's convenient for me. I'm not a collector and i have the internet speed to download things without it being bothersome.

As far as other objects go, i prefer to shop in person because it's nice being out and because I can "see what I'm getting". I only like online shopping for things I can't find within a practical driving distance.

That's not to say anyone else needs to feel the way I do, it's just my personal preference.

Sure, availability.

Sorry-I just put in my 3 cent about business. Sore spot for me with less work real work around me -and Walmart and McDs taking over the world. I miss options.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »

Sure, availability.

Sorry-I just put in my 3 cent about business. Sore spot for me with less work real work around me -and Walmart and McDs taking over the world. I miss options.

There's no need to be sorry. What works for me, doesn't work for everyone else. For the people who like collecting or who can't just download that much data, the disk are important.

Outside of just disk though, I know what you mean about missing options. It can be pretty annoying when I'm out at the store to buy something and I'm told that I can only purchase that item online. Also seeing all the cute little shops go out of business because they can't compete with big chains is sad as well. Another annoying result of that is quality differences.

I don't want to imagine a world without stores, I actually like having more reasons to leave the house lol.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know but sometimes a physical game with physical box gives more tangible value than a digital one. You feel that you have purchased something. That's why I bought TS4 the premium edition at release.

I think by doing this step companies are trying to cut the retail business so you will buy from them directly
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    When I was in Best Buy last month, I was looking for some games, but the guy said they do not sell them in the store anymore, only business disks programs because most people down load games now.
    I use to love going to best buy to see all the games.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I use to think I had to have the disc or I didn't want it.. but I have changed my mind now that ts4 is mostly dlc and I actually like it better I find it is so much easier to download the game rather than being bothered with taking the disc in and out of the drive. I have a really good isp so that isn't a problem. also I have every disc for ts3 and 2 and they take up a lot of room, its a pain having to drag all of them out when I wanted to install or reinstall.
  • Options
    S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    There's probably not enough content for it to be worth selling on a disc. It's basically just a new town and those were DLC in The Sims 3. :)
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

There will be a boxed version of The Sims 4 Get Together available in physical retail stores worldwide. In some countries, this will include a physical PC disc – please contact your local retailer for more information. All versions will include a code that enables you to download the game on both PC and Mac through Origin™.

No where is the US mentioned as a country where physical discs will not be shipped. Get To Work was available on a physical disc, and I would imagine the second EP will also be.
  • Options

No where is the US mentioned as a country where physical discs will not be shipped. Get To Work was available on a physical disc, and I would imagine the second EP will also be.

"Things change" ;) . The physical sales for Get to Work probably wasn't great in the US, and EA decided not to include a disc anymore.

The boxed version pre-order on both bestbuy and target also say it's download only. It's not coincidence :p

http://www.target.com/p/the-sims-4-get-together-expansion-pack-pc-game/-/A-50043372#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=sims+4
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-sims-4-get-together-windowsmac/4513400.p?id=1219755713324&skuId=4513400&cmp=RMX&ky=28oPyDFv0KHcisHwQcZfO0qg5PUU1VPjs
    qidpmcvgek8y.png