Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Get Together without disc?!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Doesn't mean it's good- it's good for the Company, not the customer nor the employee. Why do so many accept it? I much rather go out then sit at home and shop. :(

In my case, it all depends on what I'm shopping for. If it's a game, I'd rather download it because it's more convenient. I know what I want, and there's no need to leave the house. I no longer have to worry whether or not the store still has the latest EP or SP in stock if I go there after my work day is over.

On the other hand, I needed a new PSU for my aging desktop computer last weekend. For something like that, I would rather check out my buying options in person at a nearby store. The last thing I'd want to do is go shopping online, and then find out it's not the exact part I needed and then deal with the hassle of exchanging it or getting a refund.

For me, it comes down to convenience. Downloading games just happens to be one of those conveniences I gladly accept.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Doesn't mean it's good- it's good for the Company, not the customer nor the employee. Why do so many accept it? I much rather go out then sit at home and shop. :(

In my case, it all depends on what I'm shopping for. If it's a game, I'd rather download it because it's more convenient. I know what I want, and there's no need to leave the house. I no longer have to worry whether or not the store still has the latest EP or SP in stock if I go there after my work day is over.

On the other hand, I needed a new PSU for my aging desktop computer last weekend. For something like that, I would rather check out my buying options in person at a nearby store. The last thing I'd want to do is go shopping online, and then find out it's not the exact part I needed and then deal with the hassle of exchanging it or getting a refund.

For me, it comes down to convenience. Downloading games just happens to be one of those conveniences I gladly accept.

I'm sure. It's easy- that's what most want- easy.

As I said- Origin has seem to drop 4 of my TS3 expansions and I have tried for 3 weeks to contact them. I'm glad I have the physical disk to install.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    One of the many things that aggravate me about Sims 4: lack of discs.
    Same. I liked having tangible products. I miss the pamphlets too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Barely any companies these days include a pamphlet. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options

Barely any companies these days include a pamphlet. :p
    So...it beats the silent treatment. I liked seeing the picture of the upcoming pack with them. It was a nice Sims thing. Now boxes are so empty.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    So...it beats the silent treatment. I liked seeing the picture of the upcoming pack with them. It was a nice Sims thing. Now boxes are so empty.

I don't see CDPR giving up on physical copies however...
  • Options

I don't see CDPR giving up on physical copies however...
    Weren't they sued?
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    A lot of companies have been doing that, not even just for games. It really isn't so surprising, just the way technology is headed.
    Remind me to never have a career in a technological field then.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Weren't they sued?

Don't think so; I have never heard of CDPR of being sued.
  • Options

Don't think so; I have never heard of CDPR of being sued.
    I don't know, says there were on reddit, not sure how accurate it is. https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27gmsz/the_witcher_cdpr_and_the_world_of_gaming/

" CDPR were sued by Bandai Namco, who they partnered with to publish physical copies of the PC version, when they removed the DRM as it was impacting people who had legitimately bought the game."
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I stopped buying the disks on the whole. First off only the EPs come in disks, the GPs and SPs are downloadable only. Without having an independent launcher, if you're internet is out or your modem dies (like mind did once) you can't play the game anyway. So, having all of these disks just ends up as clutter. I only have so much closet space to house them!

I was leery of it, at first, so I do understand the need for the physical disk. Trust me, I do. I have since been cured, if you will. ;)

Just put the offline mode in Origin, you just need it to activate the code.
  • Options
    I don't know, says there were on reddit, not sure how accurate it is. https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27gmsz/the_witcher_cdpr_and_the_world_of_gaming/

" CDPR were sued by Bandai Namco, who they partnered with to publish physical copies of the PC version, when they removed the DRM as it was impacting people who had legitimately bought the game."

Possible, but I don't see what is wrong with DRM though.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    One of the many things that aggravate me about Sims 4: lack of discs.
    It actually makes sense for EA to release add-on's to Sims 4 this way because they can save money by not having so many game discs out. Keep in mind that EA has to pay someone to print, and ship these game discs.

• Options
    Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    Guys i think that even paid content must be physical edition! Even stuff packs game packs! I really dont like to buy digital versions(
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Guys i think that even paid content must be physical edition! Even stuff packs game packs! I really dont like to buy digital versions(
    Ditto
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    likeshewlikeshew Posts: 5 New Member
    Does anyone know of a way of possibly burning it or mounting it on a disc? I understand that it's easier to do digital download. Having a physical copy just feels right. I have every sim ever and my collection will seem incomplete. At least make a special or limited edition for the people that will pay for a physical copy. I don't know, just saying.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    The Discs were pretty pointless in the first place, they just downloaded the Pack like Origin does, the physical copy contains a code for those who don't have any other way to buy games virtually, I'm beginning to see a trend of games doing this. I'm still gonna buy the physical copy though because I like to see what I've bought.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    likeshew wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a way of possibly burning it or mounting it on a disc? I understand that it's easier to do digital download. Having a physical copy just feels right. I have every sim ever and my collection will seem incomplete. At least make a special or limited edition for the people that will pay for a physical copy. I don't know, just saying.
    You can probably back it up on disc but not much point since it will be tied to your account. Be better off copying it to an external drive for backup purposes.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Swedish hardcopy is also dvd for PC and mac, are you sure amazon.com just havent put up a picture of dvd copy?
    Otherwise you might want to order the hard copy from some other country in order to get the dvd.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    likeshew wrote: »

You can set up Origin to save your download file. You would still need Origin to do updates and for playing the game, but reinstalling the EP might take less download time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    The Discs were pretty pointless in the first place, they just downloaded the Pack like Origin does, the physical copy contains a code for those who don't have any other way to buy games virtually, I'm beginning to see a trend of games doing this. I'm still gonna buy the physical copy though because I like to see what I've bought.

Wish it did work that way since if it did I could get codes outside of bundles, of GPs and SPs instead of going through my sister
    6adMCGP.gif