Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you want toddlers in the game?

Comments

• Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Because (just like the EA team found out recently) there are specific families you just plain can't make because the life stage doesn't exist in the game. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    Just look at the picture of EA's CEO's family and you have your answer.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I never get threads like these. That's like asking why people want features that have been series staples every time a new sims game comes out. "You guys don't REALLY need [insert feature here], stop whining" or something similar. I see people suggesting things that would be new to the series and I'm not interested, but I don't hop in their discussions to point out how much I don't enjoy it. I see people doing that for toddlers all the time and even have to constantly remind them that you can skip toddlers entirely whereas right now the players who want them don't have the option to play them (in TS4). And to be clear I'm not saying you're trying to instigate a fight or anything @Colton147147, even with your semi troll-ish nature.

I don't have to list my reasons of why I enjoy toddlers. I want them. We were told they'd be in, then they were excluded and now they're ignored. It's just bad on Maxis at this point, a year later, they're still shrugging and acting mute.

You do realize Colton also wants toddlers in the game too... right?
    And that he titled this topic the way he did because it is easily misinterpreted by those wound up tight enough to fly their undershorts like a kite. ;)

@Ponder the Sim @Rflong7 @Scobre Oh man, I wasn't even thinking about adorable supernatural toddlers, I just wanted some human ones for my witches to nomnom. Now that you bring it up, though, I envision an army of toddling werewolves, ghosts, vampires, and witches crawling at an unnatural speed toward the unsuspecting human populace. >:) this is good >:) ... and so it begins! WORLD DOMINATION!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Vampire Toddlers... and Mummy Toddlers and Zombie Toddlers and Wizard Toddlers and Fairy Toddlers all playing together in a Mysterious Hut- It will be an Awesome Toddler Hangout Party! ... I can actually picture this in my mind. :lol:

*slapped myself for getting my hopes up a little* :(

*Wants mermaid/fairy hybrid toddlers.* I'd love to have supernatural toddlers too again.

I really hope they remember to do Zombies and Mummies proud and let them be Supernaturals, too. ;)
    Of course. I love hybrids.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Vampire Toddlers... and Mummy Toddlers and Zombie Toddlers and Wizard Toddlers and Fairy Toddlers all playing together in a Mysterious Hut- It will be an Awesome Toddler Hangout Party! ... I can actually picture this in my mind. :lol:

*slapped myself for getting my hopes up a little* :(

*Wants mermaid/fairy hybrid toddlers.* I'd love to have supernatural toddlers too again.

I really hope they remember to do Zombies and Mummies proud and let them be Supernaturals, too. ;)
    Of course. I love hybrids.

Oh noes, I forgot the zombies and mummies! I want to play as a zombie again... and I think it would be glorious to have playable mummies. I want to curse some sims! I'll build a tomb and then invite everyone over for a spooky party... and lock all the doors. #WhenMummiesAttack!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Yeah... I think they should remove sims altogether because I just like to build. The sims just get in the way and I never use them.
    stock-photo-69789599-lol-button.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Yeah... I think they should remove sims altogether because I just like to build. The sims just get in the way and I never use them.

LOLOLOL
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Why not? Adding toddler back isn't hurting anyone's gameplay. Especially since they're optional.
  • Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    How could you pay money for the toddlers in Sims 4 when they don't exist yet?
    @Mariefoxprice83

Because I paid money for an expensive base game with missing features and an empty promise of ea/maxis saying that it would be included then turn around and say it would not or be included later. So yes I do feel I paid for toddlers and a whole lot of other content that's not in the game imho.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    1) My families feel incomplete without them.
    2) Infant-to-child transition is jarring
    3) Feels like I'm missing out on a chunk of my sims' lives
    4) Favorite life stage
    5) I adore small children in real life
    6) More cuteness!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I want toddlers back in the game so my family can be complete. I want to make my real life family and I have 8 grandkids!! Some are tots and preschoolers. I can't make my family without them. I didn't play TS1 So the jump from baby to child the first time I saw that I was like :o🐸🐸🐸🐸 It's far to jarring to me. Toddlers bring so much to game play, although some might not think it adds much game play it does for me.
    To me it's all about the bonding process, when my sim has a baby by the time that baby becomes a tot is when in my mind I start shaping who they will be in the future. Toddlers are a must for Family game Play Just my two cents....
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    As the title says...

I really do not care if toddlers return or not, since I am not really a family player. o:)

you and Justine would rather adopt a pet (chicken) :p
  • Options
    adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Personally, im mainly a builder. However I do play legacies sometimes and toddlers for me add an extra sense of family. Now in S3 they where kinda annoying, i agree. I guess in short they are a necessary annoyance.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I never totally understood, until recently, the extent to which players were basically promised "Go ahead and buy it and we'll add toddlers real soon, promise." I can understand why it continues to be such a point of contention for a lot of the community just on that point alone.

Even if I didn't miss the life stage at all, I still want them for the principle of those players who very much miss the life stage and were misled.

Thank you :) yes I paid a lot of money based on trust in the team. Now they are doing everything to avoid the issue and act like *we* are unreasonable to hold them to the promises made to keep our money.
  • Options
    adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Wait so EA team promised to give us toddlers? If that is the case then i can totally get behind the demand and protest.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I enjoy The Sims 3 very much, but what's this weird thing I do not see in The Sims 4? I cannot tell what it is, can you spot the issue?
    http://i.imgur.com/TSn3kn4.jpg
    I think it may be a life stage....
    http://i.imgur.com/rpGwgoA.jpg
    An important life stage when we teach our children how to talk, walk, and give them toys to learn shapes and music and numbers and building an imagination.
    A life stage where we could snuggle our kin and feel happiness seeing them grow up from the crib to walking and crawling around.
    http://i.imgur.com/NsK7d4T.jpg
    The toddler is a necisary unavoidable point in life, yet Franklin thought it was right to defy nature to defy life. The thing they're trying to simulate.
    http://i.imgur.com/g3XEh91.jpg
    Where are my darling children? Where is my crawling bundle of joy? Why can't Maxis see how badly they messed up by ruining a life simulation game by focusing on partying, woohoo, juice, and young adults.
    http://i.imgur.com/RANlWDe.jpg
    The Sims was and is supposed to remain a Life Simulation since day one, 15 years ago. 14 years later it became a hormone driven party fest. Life is about creating and living, not just dancing and spreading our legs. Life cannot continue without family to continue on after we pass away. Family is a connection of different generations brought together by love and bloodline. The Sims 4 needs to become less of a Modern America Party Boat and more focus on family play. By cutting out an important part of life, you take away a piece of family play, by taking away the depth and reality of raising a family in favor or drinking and dancing. Maxis you screwed up, you shot yourself in the foot and formed an angry mob of customers who've been with you for over a decade or several years. We've spent hundreds to over a thousand or more on Sim products because we enjoyed them and were loyal to you until TS4. Do the right thing, bring back the toddler life stage, and add more family play with it. A single expansion that mimics The Sims 3 Generations will not cut it. Enough fooling around, get serious.

1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    geekchic96 wrote: »
    Because they were supposed to be in the game in the first place. I want what I paid for. I also like toddlers a lot, they're adorable and I want my sims to have them like yesterday.

not denying your right to want them in the game, but you did get exactly what you paid for. you paid for the sims 4 and got the sims 4
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Just look at the picture of EA's CEO's family and you have your answer.

This sums it up right there.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    As for me, I like toddlers at a point where i feel like playing a family, getting the achievement and all. I mean like, there's a part of me telling that I've done something right when my sim managed to teach their toddlers how to walk or how to talk.

But in all honesty, the only thing i want to be back is The Sims 2 memory system where we can get something mysteriously memorized in one sim. Like, when we are getting them from NPC, we can browse for their memory and see what they've done in their entire life. If we get a toddler phase, it just make things getting better coz they will also have "learned how to walk" or "learned how to talk" thing memorized.
  • Options
    seegertsarahseegertsarah Posts: 3 New Member
    > @pinkish said:
    > This may sound mean, I really hope no one takes it personally, but the only reason I would like to see them in the game is so they aren't mentioned in every post........If they haven't gotten the point by now you guys want toddlers I don't think they ever will....I don't know why but I have a feeling they already have them they are just holding out.

Not mean at all. And I think you're right...they have them, they are just waiting to release them. I thought for sure it would be in an expansion pack around Christmas, but they are doing Get Together instead. They will charge an arm and a leg for it too...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    adniram00 wrote: »
    Wait so EA team promised to give us toddlers? If that is the case then i can totally get behind the demand and protest.
    Yep all life stages and cars: http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-qa-with-simgurugrant
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i dont care if they bring toddlers back i hated all the stuff you needed to do with them
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    adniram00 wrote: »

Yes. When people were really upset and threatened to cancel preorders they promised toddlers would be 'a priority'. Now a year on they avoid talking about it-or if they do they try to make out *we* are the problem.