Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gaming Consoles And Bunk Beds Making A Return?

SimGuruDaniel confirms there is a possibility that Gaming Consoles and Bunk Beds will be appearing in the future!

1. Do you all miss them?

2. What kind of styles would you like the bunk beds to be like?

3. Would you like more than one gaming console?

4. Do you think they would be added in a Generations Expansion Pack or a Child and Teen Stuff Pack?

Comment your opinions below!

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Gaming consoles for 2 or more players--yeah, really miss that!

Bunk beds in wood or metal, any style.

I would love a child/teen pack!
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Both functional? Yes. Who wouldn't want them.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
  • Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    > @Mightydan said:
    > Source?

twitter.c om/Howdy_Simmer /status/ 656918368184877056/photo/1

I cant add links just yet but join that link above together and then you can view it :)
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Yeah, i'd want them both but i cant feel excitement until i see them confirmed. lol
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OK let me put in bold
    SimGuruDaniel confirms there is a possibility that Gaming Consoles and Bunk Beds will be appearing in the future!

I don't want this kind of answers from them. There is a possibility is not good.
    They said the same thing about many other things.

When are they going to change that negative tone?

I want them to say "Yes gaming consoles will be back"
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    OK let me put in bold

I don't want this kind of answers from them. There is a possibility is not good.
    They said the same thing about many other things.

When are they going to change that negative tone?

I want them to say "Yes gaming consoles will be back"

Yep the last time we got an answer exactly like that was for cemeteries, for managing the dead, for the ghosts when people asked. Well still don't see the cemeteries and it has been a year since that was said. It is just another ploy to try and keep people waiting around for the Sims 4 to deliver something that will distract us into buying the other junk no one asked for. But like the story about the boy who cried wolf - eventually people stopped coming to his cries of a wolf, because they were sick of it all being just a ploy for attention. Hmmm seems the story goes when a real wolf came his cries were ignored and it resulted in the boy getting ate by the wolf. Eventually we will stop running here to see more fake cries Maxis.

Gosh I sure hope November 10th hurries up and gets here so I can just forget about the Sims 4 and all it's false promises. I am out of here again. Freaking teases is ridiculous. And yeah, I blame Maxis - if this stuff was never missing like it should have never been missing to begin with - then there would be nothing to tease Simmers with.

(ETA- Keep in mind nothing is really impossible in a game if you have a decent programmer - NOTHING. That does not mean you will ever get it though, but they could give that answer to everything. What you need to look at is the big picture, after a year of saying things are possible and still not having a single thing they said were possible - if it was not there in their vision - they aren't going to deliver - but just keep you hanging on with more of the same.)

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    "It's possible" just means "it's not impossible". I suppose that's nice to know re. the bunk beds, which are probably more complex to code than gaming consoles. But it certainly doesn't mean that anything of the sort is actually planned.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2015
    Firstly, I'd like bunk beds to be in 2 parts. The base bed (of which many styles are in game already) and a matching loft bed which can be placed over the bottom bunk, or used alone as a loft bed along with a desk/sofa/dresser etc. underneath.

If we get consoles, I'd like them to have a variety of controllers for different types of games. Motion sensor for sports/dancing, mic for singing/karaoke, VR for FPS and RPG games and gamepad/joystick for anything else. They should also allow up to 4 sims (quartered screen) for group gaming, as well as online gaming capability (for PCs and gaming rig too). Different controllers could be upgrades that handy sims can add, or they could be ordered/bought separately.

Yeah, I don't want much. Honest. :p
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    "It's possible" just means "it's not impossible".
    Yup. Do people really expect him to say "No, gaming consoles and bunk beds will never make a return to TS4"?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Yup. Do people really expect him to say "No, gaming consoles and bunk beds will never make a return to TS4"?
    If that was true then I'd expect him to.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would love both bunk beds and consoles back in game!
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I never used bunk beds much but I miss the gaming consuls I have actually spend a really long time searching for them in the game before I realized they weren't there :)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited October 2015
    "It's possible" doesn't mean anything other than another chance for the forums to erupt again when those who choose to believe it's coming get disappointed and blame EA/Maxis when it's not.

Now THAT is possible.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    "It's possible" doesn't mean anything other than another chance for the forums to erupt again when those who choose to believe it's coming get disappointed and blame EA/Maxis when it's not.

Now THAT is possible.

Well you can blame Maxis for not being honest about if they are planning on making them then. Don't try and point fingers at simmers grasping at the ends of some very tattered ropes - holding on for dear life in some cases - getting a non answer like that. If Maxis has no intention of even doing such a thing they need to say it something like - well it is doable but not in our vision - so don't count on it. Or something closer to an honest answer. This is pure Bull puckey to keep simmers hanging by threads over and over on all the things they have been doing. The Chaos on the forums is due to Maxis grand capability to make non answers to every thing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Both would be great, especially bunk beds
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    And if they can make loft bed versions of bunk beds, they can also make 4-poster canopies for all the double beds and detach the canopy from the 4-posters already in game.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I would like to have both, in a variety, along with games that you could buy at a video store.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It's possible means nothing and says nothing its just Guru talk of coarse I'd like to see both of those features return the consoles need to be for multiple Sims can play at once if they ever come.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    For some reason I can see them running a contest between the consoles... lol, but I would prefer to have a variety, so different families can have different ones. The same thing with the bunk beds, I would like a variety of those too!
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I so want this but....knowing EA, they'll disappoint Simmers again by saying things like this and then slap in the face-NOT give it to Simmers! I'll come back after my killing spree in GTA5 and we'll see if bunkbeds and gaming consoles will ever make it's way in TS4!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    If that was true then I'd expect him to.

Then you'd stop looking for them and buying stuff to make sure they keep making stuff until you get the thing not promised but considered possible.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited October 2015
    Well that's good news. I know nothing is confirmed, but yes I would love to have the bunkbeds and gaming consoles back. Along with laptops and swing sets the list goes on and on B)
    Post edited by SimplyTori on
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Well thanks good news. I know nothing is confirmed but yes I would love to have the bunkbeds and gaming consoles back. Along with laptops and swing sets the list goes on and on B)

agree, having just monkey bars and pirate/space ships for the kids just doesn't do it, we need swings back, seriously, need more!