Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite add-on town?

I don't know if this belongs here or in Store. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

So what is your favorite add-on town. Add-on, as in did not come with an EP or Riverview.

I *always* play Sunset Valley. I want something new.

I really like the Island Paradise EP, but the town that came with it is so laggy. Is there another town that is somewhat set up for IP? Or maybe an Exchange town that is set up for all EPs? I don't really have time (I have 5 kids, gaming time is limited) to search, DL, and try each one, so just gimme a good one! ;)

Comments

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I love, love, love Sunlit Tides. I find myself playing that world quite a bit. Beautiful beach town, beautiful sims!

Second favorite would probably be Aurora Skies :)
  • Options
    Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    edited October 2015
    Are those in the store, or exchange?

n/m lol
  • Options
    laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    My second favorite is monte vista but i love aroura skies
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I love Moonlight Falls and Dragon Valley personally.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I was pretty happy with Hidden Springs, at Store world, but it's not set up for IP. There are some IP compatible worlds listed on the world index thread, but I haven't used those. You might get better recommendations for IP compatible world if you move this thread to the Create-A-World forum.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Monte Vista and Dragon Valley are my favourites, but it depends on your preferences. Sunlit Tides is awesome too but a bit too bright for me. And Midnight Hollow and Lunar Lakes are amazing as well, but a bit too themed - for me - to use as a real residence for your sims. For me only Lucky Palms, Barnacle Bay and Roaring Heights were a bit disappointing, but others may disagree.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    I few that I really like such as lucky palms, starlight shores and appaloosa plains. As for player made worlds it would be los angioes .
    I kind find something to like about most of the ea worlds but those are the ones I have long generations in .
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    For the expansion packs it would have to be Moonlight Falls and Appaloosa Plains; For the store, Lucky Palms.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    My favorite Store Worlds are:

1. Midnight Hollow
    2. Aurora Skies (despite the snow issue)
    3. Lucky Palms
    4. Dragon Valley
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Sunlit Tides because it's so bright! My least favorite is Lucky Palms because deserts are yucky :weary:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Lucky Palms is gorgeous, though I'm probably biased because I love desert towns.

Sunlit Tides is absolutely stunning if you want a perfect, bright, tropical world. You'll need to make an adjustment or two to a couple of lots to prevent lag from routing errors too.

Dragon Valley is really a wonderful world if you like fantasy / medieval themed worlds. A lot of care was taken with that one too, to make sure even the rabbitholes fit in with the world.

Midnight Hollow is very beautiful and unique but very very dark if you don't use a light mod. Just be forewarned about that. It's like playing in perma-night time.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    Appaloosa Plains, especially if you love the countryside.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    My favorite lately is The Wild, Wild West Revisited. I happened upon it when D/L a beautiful house @ Mod The Sims. I noticed that there was a link to the World; it's on the Exchange.

When I read that it was created by The Sims 3 Creator's Consortium, I knew it would be great. There are several equestrians there, so I am having fun for the first time with horses!

It's really an interesting World with a lot of cool pre-made Sims.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Midnight Hollow & Aurora Skies <3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love @Rflong7's Glenvale County along with other worlds.I made Gibsons,Winfield and Oak Leaf in CAW and use them for three of my legacies along with Evermore Falls and Deery Meadows for the other two legacies.I find that empty custom worlds are the best for the games I play.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    Thanks everyone! I will be looking into these a bit later.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Based on your OP, I would say, my favorite is Midnight Hollow, then Dragon Valley, slightly more than Lunar Lakes.
    Also, store worlds dont have IP content, outside of Isla Paradisio and player made worlds, you have to add dive lots and docks yourself.
    Unless your sims have related LFW, if you just want to go diving once in a while, might be better to use mods to vacation somewhere with boats and diving.

Honestly, if you actually like Isla Paradiso, though, you might want to just get Ellacharmed fix for it http://modthesims.info/d/514909

With that, and NRAAS overwatch/errortrap, it should run just as well as other worlds, possibly better than others, considering most EA worlds have some issues without applying player made fixes to them.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I love Roaring Heights! Of all the worlds, it gives me the least trouble about adding stuff from other EPs.

I have also found a new appreciation for Riverview. It's such a peaceful place and great for my old timey sims (Gone with the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, etc). Farming there is great too.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I have all the worlds available for TS3. That includes EPs and store worlds. My favorite is Rflong's Industrial Island. It's not for everyone but I love it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838670/industrial-island-o-o/p1
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    Rflong's Legacy Island 3 has all the Island Paradise things: dive lots, hidden islands and docks for houseboats
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    These all sound awesome! I just wish they were free. :(
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    I'm going to stick my neck out on this one, but I noticed that no one mentioned the one free official world that doesn't require any EPs: Riverview. It's decent, accessible, and not exceptionally quirky. About my only complaint with it was that it's not real big on housing with more than a couple of bedrooms.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I do like Riverview, actually. I just played it to death when I first got it, lol so I didn't even think about it ;)
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited October 2015
    I bought a used copy of Sims 3, though, so I can't get Riverview. :(
    Same with the copy of Hidden Springs that came with all the other EPs/SPs I bought in a set.

(And it's gonna take me forever to watch enough videos, lol, to get points I need to 'buy' Hidden Springs or another world in the store).
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @OriginalMara Riverview is free from the Store. I'm almost certain of it.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.