Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 worlds are much better than in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited August 2015
    Dear OP, it's simply not fair to compare an extremly outdated and limited low budget browser game (Sims 4) to a AAA title which was (when released) so much ahead of it's time (--> Sims 3). You can't do it, you won't do justice to none of these two.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Otterz77Otterz77 Posts: 4 New Member
    I hate how you have to wait five minutes for the loading screen just to cross the street in TS4! It's super annoying. Unfortunately, they don't sell TS3 on Origin anymore, so I'm stuck with TS4's crappy worlds. I hope EA changes this.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Otterz77 wrote: »
    I hate how you have to wait five minutes for the loading screen just to cross the street in TS4! It's super annoying. Unfortunately, they don't sell TS3 on Origin anymore, so I'm stuck with TS4's crappy worlds. I hope EA changes this.

@Otterz77, the Sims 3 is still available on Origin.
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse?q=sims 3#28
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2015
    Dear OP, it's simply not fair to compare an extremly outdated and limited low budget browser game (Sims 4) to a AAA title which was (when released) so much ahead of it's time (--> Sims 3). You can't do it, you won't do justice to none of these two.

Really? Are we using that to defend TS4 now?

If this is the case, then it shouldn't have a premium price tag. It's being charged the SAME amount as an ACTUAL premium game.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I see that this thread has been bumped again...

I have probably said this before but the look of the greyed out neighbourhood screen in TS4 compared to the green looking worlds of previous games does very little justice

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @jje10001 awesome pics! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Bigger does not mean better.
    1- Sims 3 worlds needed more time for the objects to render even though the game was fully loaded.
    2- The worlds had mostly rabbit holes
    3- Most venues in Sims 3 were empty

although TS4 worlds are smaller but does not have any of the above problems of TS3 worlds

How long the objects takes to render depends on the processor and graphic card abilities of individual systems

Nothing wrong with rabbit holes, the provide the look without the graphic load; nothing interesting going on inside anyway. I prefer that my sims walk into a rabbit hole to go to work or school than to step off the curb at the end of the block and disappear

My venues were never empty. It was a bit odd, however, that the moment my sims steps a foot onto a venue lot dozens of sims come running to the same spot. Like they are stalking me or something.

I would rather have the TS3 problems with all the wonderful additions and attractions, then to have an empty world that runs smoothly,.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    1- Sims 3 worlds needed more time for the objects to render even though the game was fully loaded.

although TS4 worlds are smaller but does not have any of the above problems of TS3 worlds

How long the objects takes to render depends on the processor and graphic card abilities of individual systems

Nothing wrong with rabbit holes, the provide the look without the graphic load; nothing interesting going on inside anyway. I prefer that my sims walk into a rabbit hole to go to work or school than to step off the curb at the end of the block and disappear

My venues were never empty. It was a bit odd, however, that the moment my sims steps a foot onto a venue lot dozens of sims come running to the same spot. Like they are stalking me or something.

I would rather have the TS3 problems with all the wonderful additions and attractions, then to have an empty world that runs smoothly,.

Yeah. That was one of the main problems for me in TS3. I really just wanted people to be there before having my Sim there. It always creeped me out and made me not really want to look at a venue until my Sims were there for at least 30 seconds so people could actually be there.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

Yeah. That was one of the main problems for me in TS3. I really just wanted people to be there before having my Sim there. It always creeped me out and made me not really want to look at a venue until my Sims were there for at least 30 seconds so people could actually be there.
    That's odd, because in my game sims start running to a lot the moment I order my sim to go there. And then he still has some travelling to do. So when he arrives there are always sims there to welcome him. I think they made two versions: one for players and one for complainers.

Edit: love those pictures @jje10001 <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't experience the sim zergs on community lots, I have a mod that prevents swarming. That said, there are always sims at my parks or entertainment lots, even before my sim gets there. It's one of the things I've always liked about it.
    Also I LOVE rabbitholes. I thought they were a marvelous way to combat the "disappearing into nothingness" of TS2. I never wanted to see my sims at work or at school so they suit me perfectly.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

In TS4 there is nobody on a lot until your sim decides to go there and while you are in your load screen the game populates it. But the thing is, it is all too often the very same sims who were with you on the last community lot. Talk about creepy! I guess one person's immersion killer is another person's paradise.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Are you saying that you didn't;t have to wait for sims to population a venue because you complained?
  • Options
    This thread still going I see?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @jje10001 Great TS3 pictures! Do you recall the name of the world in the fourth picture, the one with the non-rabbithole lighthouse? That's beautiful. It gives me an Aurora Skies vibe (my favorite TS3 world) and is tempting me to reinstall TS3 to be 100% honest. :)
  • Options
    jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2015
    Jase wrote: »
    @jje10001 Great TS3 pictures! Do you recall the name of the world in the fourth picture, the one with the non-rabbithole lighthouse? That's beautiful. It gives me an Aurora Skies vibe (my favorite TS3 world) and is tempting me to reinstall TS3 to be 100% honest. :)

That world is by Nilxis.
    http://nilxis.tumblr.com/

He has a great variety of real-life inspired worlds, which can found here: http://nilxis.tumblr.com/my worlds

(The other world up there is one I worked on, it can be found here! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13691211/#Comment_13691211)

This mod should fix some of your problems: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/2780-townies-out-on-the-town/

Some of the issues also came about because of computer limitations, where an old computer would cause the game to push out fewer sims. For people with slower systems, it really helps to use smaller worlds.

On top of that, number of sims in a town would also limit how many sims were out and about- A sim in the Sims 3 can't be in two places at once, so in a venue-rich world like Bridgeport, it meant that sims were spread pretty thinly!

Ultimately, the problems with open world aren't with the concept itself, but with the way it's been implemented.
  • Options
    Kpop_Addict_Kpop_Addict_ Posts: 1 New Member
    > @JadedTiger11 said:
    > Sims 3 worlds are much better than in Sims 4. Sims 3 offer exciting worlds where one can walk freely in, do stuff , meet other Sims and explore and Sims 4 doesn't have much of that. I much prefer Sims 3 layout of world than Sims 4. Sims 3, I like the open world concept and also the beauty of the worlds, especially Island Paradise - the worlds come alive and it's easier to interact with all that's going on around you. The worlds in Sims 3 offer lots of possibility to grow and beauty....

I agree with you sincerely.
  • Options
    EmsimmmerEmsimmmer Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah... The Sims 4 was not a winner for me. I have played the Sims since the Sims 1, and in my opinion the Sims 4 is the worst. The graphics are excellent but I'm not too keen on the comical style. I loved the Sims 3 because of its life like graphics and open worlds. It required less but longer loading screens but if your PC or Macintosh could handle it, it was a fab game. I'm guessing that Get Together was a spin off of Late Night. Where is the High Rise Buildings? Celebrities? I keep playing, of course, but The Sims 3 and 2 are my favourite. What is your opinion?
  • Options
    > @KaceyS said:
    > I bought TS4 the day it was released, as I have with all the other releases. I'm a supper fan and Sims addict, however I played TS4 a grand total of 3 times and completely lost interest due to how incredibly disappointed I was with it. Here are my reasons...
    >
    > 1. It took me almost 2 hours to figure out the hot key controls and the most frustrating part of that was trying to figure out how to tilt up and down so I could at least look at the sky.
    > 2. I feel like I'm in a goldfish bowl. Even when my view is zoomed out, there is far less to see then there was in TS3. It feels claustrophobic.
    > 3. I got so frustrated trying to figure out how to find and visit the grocery store or other community lots that I just gave up.
    > 4. No patterns or color customizations?? Seriously??
    > 5. Only a few open lots to choose to live on? again SERIOUSLY??
    >
    > I thought this game was going to be an advancement in the series however it's by far the most boring, frustrating and cartoonishly fake version that I ever had the misfortune to play. I know you might not agree with me and you may love TS4 and thats awesome. I'm just bummed that I can't feel the same love and enthusiasm for it, so I will be back in lonely TS3 where there will never be new content and Maxis has clearly left far behind. (Drama for emphasis)

I totally agree with you... The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 are favs!
  • Options
    > @JoshuaSkylar said:
    > I agree. Sims 3 worlds are worlds, Sims 4 'worlds' are more like real estate floor plan.

TRUE! I really have a distaste for the Sims 4. The *neighbourhoods* are not detailed enough and I miss open worlds! We have come so far in the sims franchise, but the sims 4 is a HUGE let down.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree with this i find the sims4 worlds much better than sims3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    The Sims 3 worlds are definitely better, larger and open, and thanks to CAW we can create basically everything we imagine:
    i.imgur.com/gJOPvX5.jpg
    i.imgur.com/GOyAee4.jpg
    i.imgur.com/1N4C05w.jpg
    The lack of customisation is 4 pretty annoying, I’d like to put more plants and lots, improve the style of a certain neighbourhood, create my own from a plain flat square like in 3, but all that is impossible so far. Hopefully not forever.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    The Sims 3 worlds are definitely better, larger and open, and thanks to CAW we can create basically everything we imagine:
    i.imgur.com/gJOPvX5.jpg
    i.imgur.com/GOyAee4.jpg
    i.imgur.com/1N4C05w.jpg
    The lack of customisation is 4 pretty annoying, I’d like to put more plants and lots, improve the style of a certain neighbourhood, create my own from a plain flat square like in 3, but all that is impossible so far. Hopefully not forever.
    Amazing pictures!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    gJOPvX5.jpg

GOyAee4.jpg

1N4C05w.jpg

I thought I was looking at The Witcher 3 on Ultra Settings for a minute there. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top