Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So if these are true future expansions...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Out of those listed I would love to see:

1. Generations (I miss my toddlers and would love for more family play in sims4!)
    2. University (For some reason I love that my sim gets the ability to have a education, also i'm sure it would work well with get together)
    3. Find love (seems interesting.. I would love for it to be more 'fun' so to speak, to find love for my sims)

Otherwise I don't really know.. they also seem interesting in their own ways..
    For some reason I don't think I would like the 'Power up' and the 'Rebuild' ep's...but who knows, i Might be surprised? :smile:

Others than those I'd absolutely love for Pets! and seasons would deffiently be awesome aswell.
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Generations all the way :D

I already said which ones I prefered when the survey got out in some thread or two here in the forums. But Generations first.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2015
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Kryst wrote: »
    http://sims-online.com/toddlers-cars-seasons-ea-survey-august-2015/

...in what order would you like to see them?

Personally, I'd want:
    Generations
    Back to school
    Metropolis
    On the road
    And then... don't really care

Btw, just completely randomly, how awesome is ovaltine! (Yes, I'm drinking ovaltine)

I would add vacations and a supernatural medieval EP

Ooh, a Supernatural/Medieval/Farming combo! That would be so cool.

In rough order of preference, I'd like to see:
    - (All4) Seasons+CAW+the ability to rename neighborhoods/whatever you call them.
    - A Generations-FreeTime combo (with Toddlers and Preteens and loads of hobbies and new interactions)
    - A Back To School-University combo. Could also be combined with Generations to round out new lifestages?
    - OMG I totally forgot to add Pets!
    - A Vacation-On The Road combo, as they also seem to overlap.
    - A Metropolis-Get Real combo, because GR sounds like a bunch of Active Careers that would fit in with City/condo living.
    - A Supernatural/Medieval/Farming combo
    - Rebuild/Apocalypse if there are real ways to fight off zombies, and actual brain-eating (behind the censor of course). No goofy plants! (I wonder how much of the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge from TS2 would have to be rewritten for a TS4 version... sneaks off to go reread the rules for ideas...)
    Post edited by BooV7227 on
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2015
    I will buy whatever is offered, because when I played Sims 1 I sometimes skipped expansions and regretted it. However, if I get bored enough I will dump the game entirely.

Having said that, these are the ideas that interest me:

On the Road - I like the idea of the Mechanic active career, and I miss garages and driveways in houses.
    Generations - I don't miss toddlers much, but the pre-teen stage interests me. And it would be good to have more distinct differences between teen, YA and adult stages.
    Metropolis - Sounds like a lot of fun stuff. And apartments. Will there be apartments?
    Rebuild - I agree with those who think this one is a little out there. But I would like to see what stories I could come up with, if the new world is trashed in interesting ways and I could rebuild and still show the effects of the previous destruction. And I would like to use the content in existing houses. I could do with a slightly run-down neighborhood. Broken windows, crumbling walls, cracked pavement...
    Back to School - Less interesting, but the Teacher active career makes it worthwhile.
    Vacation - I didn't have much use for Vacation in Sims 2, but I loved the beaches. And I want seasons. Can we have seasons? All four?
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Options
    Gamershan84Gamershan84 Posts: 17 New Member
    Even though some of these aren't on that list, this would be the order for me:

1. Seasons
    2. Pets
    3. University
    4. Supernatural
    5. Vacation (Winter getaway sounds good, in my opinion!)
    6. Medieval or Renaissance Faire type (with different types, like an English one, Spanish style one, etc.)
    7. Metropolis
    8. Power Up
    9. On the Road
    10. Rebuild
    11. Back to School
    12. Generations
    13. Get Real
    14. Find Love
    15. Get Famous
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    How would 'On the road' actually work in a closed neighborhood. Would it just be a loading screen with a car on it?
    Most likely the same as Sims 2 you get in the car truck or motorcycle and drive to the end of the neighborhood be nice if they changed the loading screen to show your Sim driving on a random road.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimsGurlLoverSimsGurlLover Posts: 65 Member
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    At this point all I'd like is the apocalypse EP. However even that would depend on how it was done. If the zombies run up, hug the Sim and take a selfie....no thanks...I'll pass.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited October 2015
    In order...
    Pets
    Seasons
    Generation (I've gone this far without toddlers, I'd rather make sure we get other things first)
    University (kind of equal to generations. TS4 has a strong focus on YA so I'm only interested in the possibilities of new careers.
    Vacation (can be done with game packs honestly)
    Metropolis (want apartments!)

The others I don't particularly care for...

*typo!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    They all sound so neat, I love them all. It would be hard to pick the best.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    GreenXen wrote: »
    Caught by the dreaded filter. Ah, well. I'm not up to retyping.

I'm too old to have an opinion anyway (according to EA). :(

On that note. Did anyone actually get one of these surveys themselves? I've only seen one person in the forums say they did.

I'm to old also, to far over the hill I guess. Oh well, I sure would have like to get that Survey. Hope we get some of them, the vacations sound nice all of them do.

• Options
    Evalen wrote: »

On that note. Did anyone actually get one of these surveys themselves? I've only seen one person in the forums say they did.

I'm to old also, to far over the hill I guess. Oh well, I sure would have like to get that Survey. Hope we get some of them, the vacations sound nice all of them do.

Do what the rest of us do. Lie about your age.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015

Yes EA discriminates!!!! They should be reported the minute you get denied, as anyone who buys and plays a game has the right to answer - there should be no age discrimination and people should not be put in the position to lie just to fill out a survey or poll. If it can not be offered to all people who play the game then it should not be allowed to be asked.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes EA discriminates!!!! They should be reported the minute you get denied, as anyone who buys and plays a game has the right to answer - there should be no age discrimination and people should not be put in the position to lie just to fill out a survey or poll. If it can not be offered to all people who play the game then it should not be allowed to be asked.

It would be something easy to wiggle out of. All they have to say is we had enough of that demographic and needed different age groups.

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

this and big agree!!! and also.. they should send that dam survey to all players and not only to some and without age limit!!
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited October 2015
    now I am curious what is the age limit for EA survey? 18? or 15? or 12?
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015

It would be something easy to wiggle out of. All they have to say is we had enough of that demographic and needed different age groups.

Actually as one who takes a lot of surveys - they have to say it when they decline you to continue and it doesn't. After the fact doesn't cut it. We are also talking about a product you own and are using - also another factor is you have a bit more rights if it is a product you presently have and not some obscure product they are just doing a product search survey on - besides all else it should be on the survey before you open it that clarifies they may discriminate to certain group. When I get turned down for any of the thousands of surveys I do a year - it is always mentioned in the beginning and it also matter if you own the product in question already.

Where you own the product and the survey is on additions to that product for everyone - then they need the survey to be for all owners of the product and not just a select few. Now if it was a brand new game that would be a different story. They are letting one group decide for all of us what they find they like the most. Where is there anything in that - that says it is the right thing to do?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    The themes look rather different from the ones proposed in the pre-game survey last year. It seems more as if they are probing for interest in the ideas given in the Ideas section of the forums rather than suggesting what is likely to come next.

h@ttp://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843219/list-of-sims-4-expansion-pack-ideas
    (Remove the @ after the h to follow the link.)

Some of what is proposed in the second survey sounds more interesting that what was in the [url=h@ttp://simsvip.com/2014/03/20/thesims4-new-official-survey-making-its-rounds/]original survey[/url] (and some doesn't). But, we've seen more concept art that hasn't made it into the game yet. It makes me think that there might not be much room for changing their plans, which adapting some of these ideas would require.

As far as my personal preferences....apparently I'm too old to have an opinion.

Did anyone actually get a copy of the survey themselves? I've only seen one person in the forums say they did.