Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town Hall Survey Becomes GTW Politics Mod

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Bottom line is, there are too many people wanting too many things RIGHT NOW. Game development takes time. Loads and loads of time.

Zerbu is a very talented man, but his mods are simply a patchwork of content that is already there. Trying to discredit EA and praise him seems a bit.. well, unfair.

His back to school mod played exactly like get to work complete with checklists and goals. The novelty wears off after a while.

Indeed, and why I want my sandbox back. (It worked great Zerbu since I played it until it was mind numbing, but not a genre I ever wanted in The Sims).

Another reason why I am looking froward to get together. With groups I'll be able to simulate my own classes or my own work staff free of linear play.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Bottom line is, there are too many people wanting too many things RIGHT NOW. Game development takes time. Loads and loads of time.

Zerbu is a very talented man, but his mods are simply a patchwork of content that is already there. Trying to discredit EA and praise him seems a bit.. well, unfair.

His back to school mod played exactly like get to work complete with checklists and goals. The novelty wears off after a while.

Indeed, and why I want my sandbox back. (It worked great Zerbu since I played it until it was mind numbing, but not a genre I ever wanted in The Sims).

Another reason why I am looking froward to get together. With groups I'll be able to simulate my own classes or my own work staff free of linear play.

Do we know that for 'sure'? There won't be any redundant lists? I don't know that for sure.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think mods like these are interesting and I know they're somewhat popular, but how much new animation and how many new gameplay objects do they add? New backdrops? The neighbourhood editing from the pack description? There's only so far a mod can go to do what Maxis could with the same concept. For me personally, I know I'd be missing those extra things, so I haven't felt tempted by the mods. I don't see how a mod like this makes Maxis look bad. If anything, it can only provide a taste of what the developers and designers could do

And the fact that Maxis hasn't announced a particular thing is coming before a modder feels like making it says nothing about either that's meaningful. All it says is that that modder felt like making that, and that Maxis wasn't already developing it a year ago.

How many mods has EA then gone back and made? Mods fixed TS3--EA didn't. Don't you think it was because there was already a solution available that EA didn't feel the need to focus time and costs on that? Or do you really think they just didn't care and had their not been a mod, players would not be able to play their games? I don't really buy it. And I don't see EA coming out with a Town Hall game--especially if this one is fun. And I agree, mods are limited. Which is why EA should be pushing out official releases based on their surveys. Was Get Together part of any survey?

Outdoor Retreat, Get To Work and Spa Day were all made based of Survey results.

We have plenty of information that shows alot of Get Together was already in the works before the game was released, which is why it's not in a Survey.
    World Adventures was worked on before the base game was released and same with Nightlife.

EA usually works on an EP while developing the base game. I think they held off releasing Get Together due to Get To Work based on feedback of the base game, but it would heavily explain why we didn't get a new world for so long.

Thanks for that info about Spa Day. However Outdoor Retreat was part of the Day 1 DLC announced before the game was even available. Maybe they expanded on it, but the features in Outdoor Retreat were already described as ready to go, so whatever the survey results were--they wouldn't have kept Outdoor Retreat from being released.

Outdoor Retreat appeared in a survey from March, 2014 so a long time before release in fact.

Cheers, didn't know that--I was moving to the US at that time so I might have missed the news about that. Sorry @jackjack_k for incorrectly "correcting" your comment. :blush: