Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Is Slim Pickings.

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    @orchid13 let me get to my pc and see what i have atm. Ill post here again in a bit.

Ok thanks! I have clases soon , but i bookmarked this thread :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    This thread is great. I hope it doesn't get moved :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    @Orchid13 and everyone else that may be interested. I got too lazy so I just took screen shots of my screen shots in a flolder.
    If anyone sees anything they like, let me know and I'll edit this post (and inform you) with the skin detail information.

Disclaimer: I haven't made any of this CC, I used no make up, those are cc eyebrows, I kept the same skin tone through out, and I only changed the eyes once because one of the skins comes with its own eye lashes.

15flyxv.jpg
    Click for a larger view

bgbq87.jpg
    Click for a larger view

2q37pfd.jpg
    Click for a larger view

----

If you want my attention quickly (for skin information) please tag me in this thread or send me a PM and I'll try and get you the appropriate link information.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    ShayysShayys Posts: 70 Member
    To be fair - I used mods and CC at one point, but with updates coming out EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH. and changing the code, it makes my mods and CC hard to keep up with.

Because if an update has broken some CC I put in my game, the game loads as just a black screen, not even able to exit out without Cntrl + Alt + Del. So, for now I just keep basic mods and CC in that I need and that I know won't be obliterated by EA in 30 days.

That may very well be why there aren't very many mods, too. Because EA is consistently coming out with new updates which mess up the mods you downloaded 30 days ago.

I do love that EA is giving us monthly updates, but some of my mods are great, but people don't want to re-edit their mods and try to configure what string of code was deleted to make the mod unusable anymore, fix it, and make sure everyone has a chance to redownload it.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I just search ts4cc on tumblr when I feel like downloading something new. Seems many creators use tumblr or another blog now unless they have their own site (and sometimes even when they have a site they'll have tumblr).
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    edited September 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The stand by sites such as TSR and MTS, seems to not offer much in what I am looking for, like, eyes, hair, clothes, skins, beards, and especially Eyebrows. Not my taste in what they are offering and not much in the way of normal custom content. Either, cartoony, or default replacements and or not my taste (no offense wonderful modders) or just not enough to find that would be more of my taste.

What is happening? lol Do people not mod the TS4 like they used to? Yes, I know everyone has moved over to Tumblr but even there can't find just normal stuff you know like a hair mesh for males etc. Unless it comes in purple or something. :#

Rant over.

ETA: I miss people like RoseSims, Bruno, etc. etc.

So, where are you guys getting some nice male hairstyles, eyes, eyelashes, eyebrows?

OP the answer is because less people are supporting The Sims 4.
    I have seen many Yotubers also rant that the game has not become better as was promised so they stopped doing videos.
    Many reviewers have decided to stop reviewing the packs because they are too many and very underwhelming.
    Same thing many artists and custom contents creators are not interested or lost interest in the game.

Its not a good sign. With past games like Sims with each additional pack released you would see more CCs flood on different sites. With The Sims 4 it is the opposite. The CC numbers are shrinking everyday, the quality gets less because the great CC makers are either not interested or started losing the interest.

I was wondering about this myself. It seems most of the offerings are women's clothing and jewelry while I am more interested in furnishing and building houses. Halimali1980 is likely correct that artists have lost interest. I was surprised to see some of the really good artists featured on TSR are not designing for Sims 4 much to my disappointment.
  • Options
    CrierCrier Posts: 4 New Member
    For me the best hair creator is surely cazy! He makes the highest quality hair that you can find on TSR. But he also has a reallife of course and he's busy that's why he doesn't release so much hairs. He tries to make every hair perfect and even scraps hairs that he doesn't like! If he wasn't in the cc community i wouldn't be even playing this game anymore. (Sorry for the bad english)
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Cinebar well, I like Drew Shivers on tumbrl for traits, he has amazing traits with new buffs, like fashionista, perfect boyfriend, artist, metal head, etc. I really like his traits and it adds behaviors too.

For maxis match I like Kiara Mystuff blog. She has tons of maxis style hairs. I dunno, I can't keep up with all the content for sims 4, I don't see what you people are coming from, wish I could help if I could understand. Twallan Controller mod came later than 1 year in sims 3 if I remember, plus I don't remember any Back to school mod, or more active careers mod (zerbu) or university mod in the 1st year of sims 3 either. Also at some point in sims 3 we (or many of us) needed Twallan MC to play so developing mods was needed just to run the game smoothly, so that was a big incentive for somebody to develop such a huge mod:
    ev0d.png
  • Options
    @Ayumap what are the skins 2,3,6,7 and W?? Thanks, I have a hard time finding good skins for models for my fashion and accessories.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    What bugs me about CC in The Sims 4 is that people create stuff that just looks ludicrous in the game! Like those super shiny alpha hairs that have no place in this game! The clothing too! People are creating stuff that looks super realistic and not in the art style of the game. I guess what I'm saying is I prefer maxis match CC that looks like it would belong in the game rather than something completely out of place. These are my opinions btw!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    What bugs me about CC in The Sims 4 is that people create stuff that just looks ludicrous in the game! Like those super shiny alpha hairs that have no place in this game! The clothing too! People are creating stuff that looks super realistic and not in the art style of the game. I guess what I'm saying is I prefer maxis match CC that looks like it would belong in the game rather than something completely out of place. These are my opinions btw!

I kind of agree. While there is some undoubtedly well done CC out there for 4, the environment is rather limiting as to what it can realistically support. You can get a little more realistic, but hyper-realistic looks far too out of place. There is less leeway to allow for that, being that the game is so strongly stylized. But to each their own and if they want to play sims that look out of place, but make them happy to look at, it's all good.

I would personally stick to Maxis match and just slightly more realistic for 4.
  • Options
    MrSimmis wrote: »

I kind of agree. While there is some undoubtedly well done CC out there for 4, the environment is rather limiting as to what it can realistically support. You can get a little more realistic, but hyper-realistic looks far too out of place. There is less leeway to allow for that, being that the game is so strongly stylized. But to each their own and if they want to play sims that look out of place, but make them happy to look at, it's all good.

I would personally stick to Maxis match and just slightly more realistic for 4.

I tried more realistic, but its a mess. In ts3 and even ts2 it looked ok but in ts4 it doesnt. I had to give all my sims make overs
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 and everyone else that may be interested. I got too lazy so I just took screen shots of my screen shots in a flolder.
    If anyone sees anything they like, let me know and I'll edit this post (and inform you) with the skin detail information.

Disclaimer: I haven't made any of this CC, I used no make up, those are cc eyebrows, I kept the same skin tone through out, and I only changed the eyes once because one of the skins comes with its own eye lashes.

15flyxv.jpg
    Click for a larger view

bgbq87.jpg
    Click for a larger view

2q37pfd.jpg
    Click for a larger view

----

If you want my attention quickly (for skin information) please tag me in this thread or send me a PM and I'll try and get you the appropriate link information.

I like number 18 :). Its just im trying to go for that look where sims have like. A red nose haha it looks cute
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    FrogPrince wrote: »
    The stand by sites such as TSR and MTS, seems to not offer much in what I am looking for, like, eyes, hair, clothes, skins, beards, and especially Eyebrows. Not my taste in what they are offering and not much in the way of normal custom content. Either, cartoony, or default replacements and or not my taste (no offense wonderful modders) or just not enough to find that would be more of my taste.

What is happening? lol Do people not mod the TS4 like they used to? Yes, I know everyone has moved over to Tumblr but even there can't find just normal stuff you know like a hair mesh for males etc. Unless it comes in purple or something. :#

Rant over.

ETA: I miss people like RoseSims, Bruno, etc. etc.

So, where are you guys getting some nice male hairstyles, eyes, eyelashes, eyebrows?

OP the answer is because less people are supporting The Sims 4.
    I have seen many Yotubers also rant that the game has not become better as was promised so they stopped doing videos.
    Many reviewers have decided to stop reviewing the packs because they are too many and very underwhelming.
    Same thing many artists and custom contents creators are not interested or lost interest in the game.

Its not a good sign. With past games like Sims with each additional pack released you would see more CCs flood on different sites. With The Sims 4 it is the opposite. The CC numbers are shrinking everyday, the quality gets less because the great CC makers are either not interested or started losing the interest.

I was wondering about this myself. It seems most of the offerings are women's clothing and jewelry while I am more interested in furnishing and building houses. Halimali1980 is likely correct that artists have lost interest. I was surprised to see some of the really good artists featured on TSR are not designing for Sims 4 much to my disappointment.
    There is a ton of cc furniture out there, it's just not on TSR. 80% of my folder is objects and like 5% of that is TSR because it plums. I strongly recommend tumblr, a lot of people decorate and post full cc lists, aside from the usual cc posts. You can get a lot of nice stuff that way!
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    slh1948slh1948 Posts: 46 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Ah this site has almost all you can get: http://sims4updates.net/

or http://sims4nexus.com/ (has lots of normal clothes too).

Thank you GaiaPuma, I just downloaded a hairstyle from sims4updates.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    The best CC finds site for sims 4 IMHO: http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com

This is basically where I look. Really my favorite creators are usually on tumblr and make things in the EA style. I am not a fan of the super realistic looking stuff.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I also endorse sims4blog.blogspot and LumiaLoverSims. I like Lumia because the stuff is maxis-match.

http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com
    http://lumialoversims.tumblr.com/tagged/s4mhair
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Orchid13
    18: Pralinesims Number 2
    Full set
    Face mask featured in photo

@GaiaPuma
    W: Ms. Blue Freckled Skin
    2: "catherineatschoux_yuSkinDetail_CreaseMouth" (Tracked name down to tumblr, deleted or changed - idk)
    3: SM-Sims V1 (Screaming Mustard - MetaHuman V1)
    6: SM-Sims (Screaming Mustard Face Shine)
    7: Asian HS 1.0 B / S-club WM & LL

I believe I got everything down correctly, if you guys see anything that's incorrect feel free to let me know. :)

Gaia, if you know of a way to look at what's been merged into a package than I can figure it out. I just can't remember if it's possible or not. As of right now it's just been merged into a file I named "SkinDetails01".

Figured out how to at least see the names of things in the package file. Seeing if I can figure out who made that skin.
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    I read the tutorial how to create a new mesh for hair, and wow, a first to have to have MilkShape for hair. (that used to be reserved for objects only). And no wonder so many don't want to mod the game it seems (by the tutorials) it is more complicated than before. So, I get why they may not want to mod this game seems like a few extra steps here and there, so, that leaves me wondering who are the really great modders now, since I never downloaded any CC for TS3, and some of the best modders from TS2 were long gone and not interested in modding TS3, either (due to whatever, steps, difficulty or just tired of modding)

not quite
    i used Milkshape for hair already with TS1 :wink:

the complication comes from 3D itself already, the technique of 3D didn't move much in the last 15 years, the programs & the way how 3D is made is exactly the same stubborn fickle & frustrating as it was then
    i am still waiting for 3D to move towards a real fun to make, until then i prefer 2D :cookie:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    @Orchid13
    Full set

@GaiaPuma
    2: "catherineatschoux_yuSkinDetail_CreaseMouth" (Tracked name down to tumblr, deleted or changed - idk)

I believe I got everything down correctly, if you guys see anything that's incorrect feel free to let me know. :)

Gaia, if you know of a way to look at what's been merged into a package than I can figure it out. I just can't remember if it's possible or not. As of right now it's just been merged into a file I named "SkinDetails01".

Figured out how to at least see the names of things in the package file. Seeing if I can figure out who made that skin.

Thank you! How do you manage to know where all your CC comes from haha. I don't know what I have anymore.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Still not the amount there was one year in for TS2 and TS3. TS1 however did take a little while before enough people had even heard of it, so CC was slow there to start with too.
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    @Orchid13
    Full set

@GaiaPuma

Thank you! How do you manage to know where all your CC comes from haha. I don't know what I have anymore.

I can usually match the icon with certain creators, but for my merged file i had to get s4pe and check the item titles and match the creator style with google. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13
    Full set

@GaiaPuma

Thank you so much Ayumap some of them I didn't know they were around! You can use maybe Sims Studio and check the warehouse tab and the package real name and number in Catalog data. But the name there sometimes might not be the name of the creator use around. Thanks for the trouble, have a good week!
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @Ayumap and @GaiaPuma, Sims 4 Studio's new beta version has added custom content management features that can help make it easier to look through your .packages and merged .packages. It allows you to open your Mods folder and sub folders in the Mods folder and look at each item in a viewer:

6aUxrHS.jpg

It's a fully supported work in progress and the plan is to keep adding new features to it. So far you can use it to change tags and delete unwanted single .packages. You can even view the individual .packages inside a merged .package with it. There's an easy step by step showing how to use it HERE. :)

Also, Sims 4 Studio forums has a growing custom content section and some very talented creators are uploading there. You don't have to be a forum member to download.