Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review of Spooky Stuff

Made me laugh a little. But he always does that!
https://youtu.be/ofpHyM_qdGo
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I love his reviews, they're always entertaining. Didn't get the SP myself but I can definitively see the appeal and I'm happy to see that other simmers are loving it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Golden Buffy - thank you for sharing that. It was funny. He always makes me smile also.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    He sounds so bored.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    He sounds so bored.

He seems to be rushing his reviews on Stuff Packs to get them out the same day of release. Can't blame him though, they just add a few items so there's no need for an extensive in depth review.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm glad he brought out how multitasking messes up parties sometimes. Very entertaining as always. I could see Simmers try to make the Tower of Terror with this pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    fairysassy wrote: »
    He has a point...it does feel empty and weird trying to celebrate Halloween without seasons

We celebrate Halloween during spring/summer where I live lol. This SP will be even better once we get TS4 version of seasons.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,510 Member
    I loved it.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm glad you liked the post, guys! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I feel bad for Ralph more then anything.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh, yay, a new stuff pack, with all kids of spooky fun. I can't wait to carve my first pumpkin. Is that why you have those scissors, Mr LGR? You not going to hurt me with those, are you? Oh, oh, wait, no-no-no.....Ohhhh noooooooooooooo...

I really think he should do the voices. When he started the end part, a few reviews ago, I was tickled to think he's heard of Mr Bill. At least I think that's the reference. I might have figured he was too young.

Pretty spot on and chuckle worthy, otherwise, as per usual.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015
    man poor guy, must be really painfull be forced by the job to have to do that things you can easy feel all his anger.

again maxis and they "cut things" you can't even "buy a pumpkim, or have one in inventory to carve, they just magic appear in the table :*B):|:| , omg how much "short cuts maxis will gonna still pulling on this game.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    *rolls eyes*
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Great review by LGR. Clicked into his other videos and CRACKEDUP crazy over his Duke Nukem Twerking video. Hilarious!!!
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I feel like he was being over negative just because it's another stuff pack ...
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    You know, I was wondering why he was doing this SP review when he ranted (with good reason!) why he doesn't want to do all of them. Then the hangman showed up, then I realized what was going on. LOL #shade
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2015
    I think this Stuff Pack was a whole waste not only of my money, but of Maxis' time. Their new costumes are all full-body, so you can't even mix and match. There's a minimum of new accessories; only enough to go with the costumes. There's not much new furniture.

And it's even more specialized for Halloween itself than I'd worried. I can't imagine using these things at ANY time other than Halloween. I mean, they're not even particularly 'gothic' to use on your goth characters, even the face-paint. Most of it is totally stuff that any fan could have pulled together as a mod.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    I bought it because... why not?
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member

I don't get how you came to that conclusion? From what I heard he reluctantly liked the pack. He said he would use it, the only thing he complained about is that he wished it had come with seasons because he felt like the environment wasn't completely accurate. Seems like a legitimate complaint.

Other then that he said he liked the objects and would use them. So it was actually a surprisingly positive review considering how he felt about the last pack.

I took it as "oh great. Another stuff pack". But I get where you're coming from.

tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited September 2015
    That review was surprisingly positive; I was expecting something a lot more scathing and bitter. Instead, he made some very valid points, but still showed a mild interest in the pack. Plus, there's a LOT more in it than the previous stuff packs (from what I can tell, anyway), so that's a nice change. However, he did bring up a very important point: with no Seasons, this stuff is only really valid to use for a single month in the year. Someone else mentioned how this stuff is very much focused on HALLOWEEN SPOOKY, not the more subtle gothic kind of spooky, so builders...sorry. :<

This pack is definitely not for me. I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about Halloween as others may be. Would have liked if this stuff was smushed into a Seasons expansion pack. At least then, I would have had the motive to use this stuff more than once a year. Also, what the heck with children getting shafted for costumes????? What...what group do you think primarily trick-or-treats...? It makes children feel like a second thought, which, honestly, is starting to look like more and more of a trend. A bad one.

EITHER WAY, lovely job, @phreakindee <3
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    They should have included as many costumes for children as there are for adults. Maybe then it wouldn't seem so much like another pack for the YA party scene.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I hoped for a really snarky vid, not because of the content, just because i needed one, but i guess the content of this SP is ok if you like that sort of thing and he has to be fair.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

I don't get how you came to that conclusion? From what I heard he reluctantly liked the pack. He said he would use it, the only thing he complained about is that he wished it had come with seasons because he felt like the environment wasn't completely accurate. Seems like a legitimate complaint.

Other then that he said he liked the objects and would use them. So it was actually a surprisingly positive review considering how he felt about the last pack.

I took it as "oh great. Another stuff pack". But I get where you're coming from.

You get the right vibe, than. He thinks like this about every SP imo, but he stil differentiates between those he really doesn't like and those he's just not excited about because...well, they're SPs.