Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one excited?

Comments

• Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    i am a bit disappointed at next ep cuz i wanted to have modern city town or something but its ok and probably i will get this pack too. cuz i own every single packs they release. ;d;d;d;d well when i got bored i buy new pack and it makes me feel excited and again makes me playing. personally i never played ghost or ailen and prolly i wont play toddlers if they even release later.. i dont like those stuff but i want modren city or 4 season or pets and modern build items etc.
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    No OP you are not alone but you are definitely not in the majority.
    And by the way people are not upset because there was no toddlers or pet. People are upset because this EP is empty.

We don't know who's in the majority, unless you have access to some survey data. We do all certainly know your opinion by now, though ;)

dang that was shadyyyyy! hahahah but I do agree that people need to stop speaking for the so called "everyone." I also may or may not agree with your last sentence :p
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    oblivion627oblivion627 Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2015
    I certainly am. People need to stop whining and moaning (not speaking on behalf of anyone, just saying it doesn't help). We know sooooo little about this EP. It IS an EP after all, and I'm sure it'll have more than a freakin' woohoo closet. Time will tell! :)
  • Options
    oblivion627oblivion627 Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2015
    And by the way people are not upset because there was no toddlers or pet. People are upset because this EP is empty.

I wasn't aware that people knew about everything that was in the pack from just watching one trailer and reading the minuscule amount of info online. Huh.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member

I wasn't aware that people knew about everything that was in the pack from just watching one trailer and reading the minuscule amount of info online. Huh.
    They're just voicing their concern. And once the EP comes out and is not empty we should all thank them for being so vocal about it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2015

We don't know who's in the majority, unless you have access to some survey data. We do all certainly know your opinion by now, though ;)

The comments on youtube and other sites give a good indication of the general impression.

Here take this one as an example. I can provide many more sites. Just read the comments and let me know if you see a positive one

pcgamer.com/the-sims-4-get-together-brings-new-ways-to-have-fun-with-a-friend/
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015

ALL what have been revealed so far and considered as core features are NOT acceptable. There is no other major thing coming. All the things that will be revealed later are the minor small things. This has been the case with all past EPs
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,674 Member

How can people say this EP is empty even before playing it? These people are getting upset a bit too early or for nothing, I'd say. And I know you're going to bring out that core features argument but like I said, we haven't played it yet and the way they described the core features are very vague. So there's still some hope that there might be more to it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    DeKay wrote: »

How can people say this EP is empty even before playing it? These people are getting upset a bit too early or for nothing, I'd say. And I know you're going to bring out that core features argument but like I said, we haven't played it yet and the way they described the core features are very vague. So there's still some hope that there might be more to it.

See, you already said it yourself. Core Features. That is the key. No EP before lacked core features like this one.
    It is good that you have faith in them doing wonders to this EP. I don't have. And as I said before my only hope is that EA will see the result in declined sale figures so they would stick to what players want instead of offering things we don't want
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You know this isn't a debate thread it's am I the only one excited thread. We know you are not @Halimali1980 although you sang a different tune for a very long time but with the same attitude toward those that dared disagree with you.

You said this in the top selling game of 2014 thread:
    "The game is a hit and you want to imply the majority did not buy it?"

You said the following on the thread you started about EA being on the right track.. which by that time I wonder how much trouble you were in because of the swiftness with which that thread was shut down...
    "Of course there are some people who have genuine concerns and constructive feedback that you should also read and listen to. On the other hand please ignore all the destructive criticism that will not benefit the game or the franchise in any thing. Don't let those voices demotivate you. I hope moderators are bit more restrictive in allowing these things of being posted.
    Mods please close the bashing threads that are just opened to create fights by trolls and nothing else."
    That thread by the way was closed very swiftly by the way I have to wonder why.. of course some of your threads with closed or deleted because they were basically flame bait.

This is the question the OP asked in this thread:
    What are you looking forward to the most in "Get Together?" Are you going to purchase this EP? I am going to purchase it. I buy all EPs, GPs, and SPs for TS4 to better my game.

I for one am going to purchase the EP because .. well I love the game, but the groups have me very excited for the future of this game and how the clubs will and could change how I play.
    The groups seem to be the core feature of this coming EP, which is not even finished yet. You cannot judge the group system because it is not in front of you. It sounds game changing to me though and it does to others in other articles which I will link below. You know people that were actually there at Gamescon .. the ones that got to see a little more than we did behind closed doors.

This article shows the content. New items have been added in green. Look at how long the clubs list is..
    http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/gt-confirmed-content.1326/

This article by someone that wants to see more to really judge but at least is talking about the implications of the club system is here:
    http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/get-together-behind-closed-doors-presentation-my-thoughts.1347/

I do want to highlight that even though he or she still wants to learn more they had this to say,
    "On those, I now feel confident to say, the clubs really are something we have never seen in any Sims game before and they have the potential to change the game fundamentally for the entirety of the Sims 4 era."

In any case... you are free to say what you will until it gets you in trouble .. and people are not getting in trouble because they disagree or can be constructive, they get in trouble because of they break the rules of the forum with their behavior while expressing that.
    This post might get me in trouble actually and if it does that is fine. Some things are worth taking a hit for.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

See, you already said it yourself. Core Features. That is the key. No EP before lacked core features like this one.
    It is good that you have faith in them doing wonders to this EP. I don't have. And as I said before my only hope is that EA will see the result in declined sale figures so they would stick to what players want instead of offering things we don't want

You know, one core feature, like clubs, can have A LOT to it. You need to judge the quality of the "core features" as you say, not the quantity of them.

And you know what? You can't judge that yet because the pack is not even out.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    No, SimSwim2. You are not alone. I can't wait for more ways for my Sims to have fun. I am even looking forward to the closets. I loved them in the Sims 2 (I believe it was from Apartment Life). Anything that gives me options for building and living in the Sims world is exciting. I have my money in hand and can't wait for them to take it away.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    You know this isn't a debate thread it's am I the only one excited thread. We know you are not @Halimali1980 although you sang a different tune for a very long time but with the same attitude toward those that dared disagree with you.

You said the following on the thread you started about EA being on the right track.. which by that time I wonder how much trouble you were in because of the swiftness with which that thread was shut down...
    "Of course there are some people who have genuine concerns and constructive feedback that you should also read and listen to. On the other hand please ignore all the destructive criticism that will not benefit the game or the franchise in any thing. Don't let those voices demotivate you. I hope moderators are bit more restrictive in allowing these things of being posted.
    Mods please close the bashing threads that are just opened to create fights by trolls and nothing else."
    That thread by the way was closed very swiftly by the way I have to wonder why.. of course some of your threads with closed or deleted because they were basically flame bait.

What are you looking forward to the most in "Get Together?" Are you going to purchase this EP? I am going to purchase it. I buy all EPs, GPs, and SPs for TS4 to better my game.

I for one am going to purchase the EP because .. well I love the game, but the groups have me very excited for the future of this game and how the clubs will and could change how I play.
    The groups seem to be the core feature of this coming EP, which is not even finished yet. You cannot judge the group system because it is not in front of you. It sounds game changing to me though and it does to others in other articles which I will link below. You know people that were actually there at Gamescon .. the ones that got to see a little more than we did behind closed doors.

This article shows the content. New items have been added in green. Look at how long the clubs list is..

This article by someone that wants to see more to really judge but at least is talking about the implications of the club system is here:
    http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/get-together-behind-closed-doors-presentation-my-thoughts.1347/

I do want to highlight that even though he or she still wants to learn more they had this to say,
    "On those, I now feel confident to say, the clubs really are something we have never seen in any Sims game before and they have the potential to change the game fundamentally for the entirety of the Sims 4 era."

In any case... you are free to say what you will until it gets you in trouble .. and people are not getting in trouble because they disagree or can be constructive, they get in trouble because of they break the rules of the forum with their behavior while expressing that.
    This post might get me in trouble actually and if it does that is fine. Some things are worth taking a hit for.

I am sticking to whatever I said in the past. You don't have to remind me of anything. I am saying EA was on the right track when they kept adding the missing stuff to the game. I liked the packs and I think they all had decent themes. GTW EP was a good attempt not executed properly. As for the game being a best selling game I did not make that news. It was already mentioned and I have not changed my opinion about the base game. Just not liking one EP that does not mean I hate the game. If you love the game and will love everything released to it even before playing them then you are free to do so, but dont expect me or others to be like you.
    All what you have mentioned here has nothing to do with my criticism to the game or its EPs! Why are you taking all this with that much sensitivity? As if you have developed the game yourself?

As for being on the right track I think EA has deviated from that with Cool Kitchen Pack and now with this shallow EP. I wish they continued to do the same but they did not. I was not interested in Spa Day Pack as the theme did not appeal to me but what I like about it is that it is focused, a focused theme can make even a not interesting theme be an interesting one. This is the difference here.

The question that OP clearly asked was "AM I THE ONLY ONE EXCITED?" which itself implies that the OP himself is feeling to be among the minority. I answered no you are not alone but you are not among the majority.

You don't have to tell me what to answer, what to say or when to say what. This forum is all about freedom. Nobody is asking you to say or not say what, no one is asking you to like or dislike the game so why you give yourself the right to talk to me that way?

If you don't like what I am saying you can disagree with me or ignore my post but to accuse me that my posts or threads are for flame bates that is just too much.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Thank you for posting these links. I'd seen the list, but hadn't read the review and there were a few new things I didn't know. I liked their suggestion about making a dog owner's club, and a cat owner's club and having them hate each other! I can't wait to make my political groups from my TS3 game and actually see them interacting with each other when they see each other around town! And I'm 100% remaking my Simminati group! Oh, and when we get a University expansion we can make any group we want! A supernatural student group? Or our own secret societies! Or just a study group who loves to drink coffee! ^__^

The more I think about all the different groups I can make the more excited I get! I hope we get to hear more about the actual content soon, the gameplay objects they haven't revealed yet. And I hope my sim can work as a barista, like how they can tend the bars, even if they don't own the lot. I'm glad we can sell coffee but I don't want to pre-make it and put it on shelves, I want to be able to serve the customers like the hireable barista. I REALLY want to know more about the traits and aspiration (I wish there were more aspirations, I really like this feature), and I wonder if there are any new careers? I love the idea of the dance skill, and it would be great to have a dance career too!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Cinderellimouse
    Welcome :). The gamescom announcement didn't give us any actual info but I'm glad we got some more that weekend, by the people invited to see and hear some of what is actually in the pack. There are a number of good articles and videos out there too that give more info even if it's just little tidbits.
    I'll be happy when we get more info but I think they said we won't until October. I'm enjoying getting all the sims I've created into one world. It's taking awhile because I stop to play them for awhile and forget about my project.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    @Cinderellimouse
    Welcome :). The gamescom announcement didn't give us any actual info but I'm glad we got some more that weekend, by the people invited to see and hear some of what is actually in the pack. There are a number of good articles and videos out there too that give more info even if it's just little tidbits.
    I'll be happy when we get more info but I think they said we won't until October. I'm enjoying getting all the sims I've created into one world. It's taking awhile because I stop to play them for awhile and forget about my project.

:)

I'm remaking all my sims at the moment with their families (minus toddlers... I cry) and building all their businesses, workplaces, homes and various bits and bobs, so I'm a slow player too. Especially when I get distracted by the sims facial expressions and start pausing/unpausing for nanoseconds to take a million screenshots! XD
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member

I am sticking to whatever I said in the past. You don't have to remind me of anything. I am saying EA was on the right track when they kept adding the missing stuff to the game. I liked the packs and I think they all had decent themes. GTW EP was a good attempt not executed properly. As for the game being a best selling game I did not make that news. It was already mentioned and I have not changed my opinion about the base game. Just not liking one EP that does not mean I hate the game. If you love the game and will love everything released to it even before playing them then you are free to do so, but dont expect me or others to be like you.
    All what you have mentioned here has nothing to do with my criticism to the game or its EPs! Why are you taking all this with that much sensitivity? As if you have developed the game yourself?

As for being on the right track I think EA has deviated from that with Cool Kitchen Pack and now with this shallow EP. I wish they continued to do the same but they did not. I was not interested in Spa Day Pack as the theme did not appeal to me but what I like about it is that it is focused, a focused theme can make even a not interesting theme be an interesting one. This is the difference here.

The question that OP clearly asked was "AM I THE ONLY ONE EXCITED?" which itself implies that the OP himself is feeling to be among the minority. I answered no you are not alone but you are not among the majority.

You don't have to tell me what to answer, what to say or when to say what. This forum is all about freedom. Nobody is asking you to say or not say what, no one is asking you to like or dislike the game so why you give yourself the right to talk to me that way?

If you don't like what I am saying you can disagree with me or ignore my post but to accuse me that my posts or threads are for flame bates that is just too much.

If you do NOT like an EP, GP, or stuff pack that's coming out you simply do NOT have to buy it. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't want anyone complaining about it or causing drama. I didn't create this thread to cause drama. I was just stating my opinion.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member

Thank you for posting these links. I'd seen the list, but hadn't read the review and there were a few new things I didn't know. I liked their suggestion about making a dog owner's club, and a cat owner's club and having them hate each other! I can't wait to make my political groups from my TS3 game and actually see them interacting with each other when they see each other around town! And I'm 100% remaking my Simminati group! Oh, and when we get a University expansion we can make any group we want! A supernatural student group? Or our own secret societies! Or just a study group who loves to drink coffee! ^__^

The more I think about all the different groups I can make the more excited I get! I hope we get to hear more about the actual content soon, the gameplay objects they haven't revealed yet. And I hope my sim can work as a barista, like how they can tend the bars, even if they don't own the lot. I'm glad we can sell coffee but I don't want to pre-make it and put it on shelves, I want to be able to serve the customers like the hireable barista. I REALLY want to know more about the traits and aspiration (I wish there were more aspirations, I really like this feature), and I wonder if there are any new careers? I love the idea of the dance skill, and it would be great to have a dance career too!

I read that your sims can own a coffee shop like they can own a bakery if you own GTW. I also read somewhere that baristas are similar to bartenders. I also, want to know what the new traits as aspirations are. I want a coffee lover trait and a born leader trait. As far as the aspiration goes, I would really like a "Slacker" or "Pleasure" trait. In TS2, there was a Pleasure trait that came with one of the EPs (I believe Freetime) that I loved.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    SimSwim2 wrote: »

If you do NOT like an EP, GP, or stuff pack that's coming out you simply do NOT have to buy it. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't want anyone complaining about it or causing drama. I didn't create this thread to cause drama. I was just stating my opinion.

Who are you to ask people not to complain about something? You are a customer and I am a customer too. Are you better than me and others to say I don't want anyone complaining?
    Its NOT up to you to decide for people to complain or not.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I won't say I'm excited, but I am intrigued by the group aspect. Could actually make it easier for my Sim teens to meet/hang out with other teens, and change up the game play which seems a bit too solitary at times. Depending what's added in terms of group activities it could give my families more to do together. I'm also looking forward to making an outdoor cafe using the coffee bar (which looks similar to the barista bar we had in Sims 3 University Life) in Willow Creek.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If I owned TS4, I would probably be interested, and I can understand people who are looking forward to this EP. I'm not super impressed from what I've read/seen at this moment, but hopefully there's more to this EP than we've got information on now. And in fact, I like that they added an European vibe to the new place. Not every simmer is from America, so I guess some of us can recognize something from this new world.

But with all that said; I'd like to see more content that simmers wanted and have been asking for, before this EP. Content that should almost be taken for granted in the Sims games now, like seasons and pets. But oh well.. it still got some years. Who knows what TS4 will end up like?

Could be that if this works, it could be the basis for future packs with more group content. For example, when we get toddlers in the game, you could have a "Mommy and Me" group where parents of toddlers (moms and dads) get together to chat while their toddlers play together. And one of my big concerns is how solitary much of the game play is -- having more group activities for me (for families and for all Sims) will definitely help my games.

As for "content that should almost be taken for granted", not everyone wants weather (Seasons) or pets in their games. Unless you provide a way to turn off those features, they shouldn't be in a base game. And I'd argue that toddlers should be in the game before pets unless you want people to think that fake animals are a higher priority than fake humans. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I'm excited too! as this is the second expansion pack and in a very short amount of time as well. The thing I most excited about is Widenburg as simmers now have a new place to play their sims in and new people to meet as new locations to explore. It seems really exciting and a new step up for TS4

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm extremely excited - mainly I'm looking forward to the ability to have Sims dance a routine together. OMG so fun! I've already started thinking of different group themes. I can't wait! I buy all expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs.
  • Options
    jibwejibwe Posts: 5 New Member
    i'm excited for GET TOGETHER <3
  • Options
    I really love the idea and think it's going to be really fun!