Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one excited?

Am I the only simmer who is actually looking forward to "Get Together?" I know everyone wants toddlers or pets.

TS4 is not the same game as TS2 or TS3. It never intended to be the same. So, that means there will be different EPs for TS4 than there were for TS2 or TS3. "Get Together" is not the same as Nightlife, Late Night, or Hot Date. It's not as romantic since Get Together is all about going out and socializing with friends.

I'm looking forward to clubs and the underground DJ club. I'm hoping they add a lot more traits in this EP. I am getting tired of the same limited about of traits sims have. I want the kleptomaniac trait bake and more romantic traits such as "hopeless romantic." I also want to see friendship traits, such as "social butterfly" "loyal," "good listener," and "trustworthy."

I am looking forward to my sims swimming in ponds for the first time in the sims series. I hope this means that sims will be able to swim in the ocean in the future.

I like the new hairstyles and outfits our sims will be able to wear.

I like that sims will be getting walk in closets, which is something I've wanted in the game for awhile now. Plus, our sims are able to woohoo in these walk in closets. I'm still waiting for the return of the shower woohoo, But, at least we get one more woohoo spot (possibly more that haven't been announced yet.)

What are you looking forward to the most in "Get Together?" Are you going to purchase this EP? I am going to purchase it. I buy all EPs, GPs, and SPs for TS4 to better my game.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,335 Member
    Short answer : Yes
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    You're not alone OP! Many others and I are excited for the upcoming EP!!!
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited August 2015
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Am I the only simmer who is actually looking forward to "Get Together?"

Short answer: No.

Running short on time but I might be back later to expound on my answer.
    Edited to add this link.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848107/excited-for-get-together#latest
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    No, I'm really excited and can't wait to put my hands on it! ;)
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    I was interested, but not excited, because I felt a new town would be a good opportunity for them to address some of the town limitations (number of lots per neighborhood, number of "active" lots, etc). But as more information comes out, it seems like the new "town" is just going to be a few new neighborhoods.

Odds are I'll buy it, because I'm weak, but it sounds like a step back from the last expansion, which wasn't that great. Had they called this a content pack or whatever outdoors was that would be different. I just don't think this is going to be expansion material.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Many, many others are looking forward to it. Me included.

I'm most looking forward to the group/club system that has been discussed in a few articles and in some interviews at this point.
    I think it will add a deeper element of game play.. or at least a different option for us. I've been thinking a lot about the types of groups I want to make.. Even making preparation in game to get ready to make some group types.

Outside of the group system I've been wanting better dancing for awhile now so yes.. I'm super happy that is coming. The world looks beautiful and I'll be happy to have an updated Veronaville back. I'm digging all the stuff we are finding out about including the much maligned closet and bush woohoo. Cover your ears and eyes I know!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    I really want it too! I've already pre-ordered.

I'm not a big fan of family play, so I enjoy my sims while they're young. And TS4 is doing the trick for me since there are a lot of options for YA sims :)

Cannot wait to see what else I can do with this pack!!
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    I am quite excited about the new "European" themed neighborhood, never really liked the style of the existing neighborhoods.
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    I'm very excited. Also, the Simgurus have confirmed toddlers will be returning in future so we can put that to side.
    My sims love partying so this expansion pack will be awesome. I guess what we need next though are cars. I need some proper transport!
  • Options
    simondhaenesimondhaene Posts: 77 Member
    i want it tooo:d
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    I'm neither wowed by GT or think it's the devil either. I personally don't think we have been given enough information yet. The presentation at Gamescon was awful, whoever came up with the whole thing should really be looking for a new job.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    There is a thread called "Excited for Get Together!" already. smiley-greet024.gif Join those delusional souls there!
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited August 2015
    Windely wrote: »
    There is a thread called "Excited for Get Together!" already. smiley-greet024.gif Join those delusional souls there!

@Windely, Why would you call us delusional? :o

Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Akeelney wrote: »
    I'm very excited. Also, the Simgurus have confirmed toddlers will be returning in future so we can put that to side.
    My sims love partying so this expansion pack will be awesome. I guess what we need next though are cars. I need some proper transport!
    15i5isz.gif
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Windely, Why would you call us delusional? :o

He is not excited about the GT and just cannot wrap his head around the fact that someone else could hold a different view then him.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm excited for Get Together as well!!

I think it came as a bit of a shock at first because it wasn't what we were expecting. But just because it's not what I was expecting, doesn't mean I can't be excited for it too!

* I'm THRILLED about Wittenburg. The town looks so beautiful! I'm so happy to get a European world that looks familiar to me. I do love the existing worlds, but it's nice to have some new scenery! I'm also excited to see the modern area of the town they haven't showed us yet.

* The groups system sounds absolutely amazing to me. I really enjoyed making my own groups in TS2, like book groups, or petrol-heads, rich socialites, or just a party crowd. But this new system seems so much more detailed, with much more potential for customisability! At the moment, sims in a social setting just kind of wander around talking to people indiscriminately, which is nice, sure, but it's not how people function in real life. Young arty types might naturally gravitate to the interesting guy drawing in the corner. Outgoing types might enjoy talking with the loud funny person surrounded by a big group. People who like books, like talking to people who like books. It's natural when you have a choice of people to talk to, that you will choose someone who looks like they share your interests. And that's what I'm hoping for with these new groups! So instead of finding my bookish sim talking randomly to a party-girl at a bar, they will be more inclined to go to the library with my other bookish sims.

* The new natural pools. I do still hope we get swimming in open water, but for now these new natural pools look great! It's a really good idea to offer us an alternative like this while they work on the rest.

* New objects. I want to know more!!! But for now I'm glad we're getting the DJ booth back. I have a sim who (in past series) moonlights as a DJ for that extra bit of money (and to impress girls). The walk-in wardrobe looks fun, I know a lot of people were asking for those back, and I hope to add them to my clothes shops as a kind of changing room. Finally, and most importantly, COFFEE SHOPS!!! COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! The barista bar is one of my all time favourite sim objects! And one of my favourite places to send sims to hang-out, grab a bite to eat, and do some writing or book reading. OH MY GURUS... I'm going to have my book group meet at the coffee shop! \o/ I've also heard the new barista bar can be used with GTW so we can RUN a coffee shop, which makes me extra happy. ^__^

I see the pack as something like TS2 Freetime, where you meet other sims and join groups based around shared interests. I loved this because it really helped me to define my sims' personalities. So not only did I set up their traits, but then they would actually do things that suited their personalities. So my active sim might be interested in music and dance, so they will choose to go to the dance studio and enter dance competitions (I don't know the details of the pack yet, but I know there is a new dance-skill so I'm guessing now), my handy sims might like to go down to the car workshop (I need the junk car back!!!!) or my funny sims might like to join a comedy club!

As we get more content, more options for making groups will become available, so for me, this expansion pack will be something I use for the whole life of the Sims 4 series! And when I think about it like that, I'm happy we're getting this expansion early. Same with GTW and the retail system, the retail and group systems will only grow over time and offer us new possibilities and new ways to use these existing features, which is something I find very rewarding. ^__^
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Definitely excited as well :smiley: ... I can't wait to have the club feature in my game, it's going to be a big deal for my gameplay!
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    No, you are not alone. I'm very much looking forward to this EP.

I feel as if this EP is a bit misunderstood. I think that (in time) it will not only become a fan favorite, but I think it also represents a shift in development that is very exiting to me. The push away from linear play is encouraging, and to be given our own tools to create (however small starting out) is a big step forward for the sims 4.

I hope this EP is well received and I hope the devs continue to give us these game play tools.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2015
    @ponderberries

I really didn't think about it getting away from linear play, but that makes sense. I hope other than maybe setting up the group.. meet up times, interests, activities, dislikes .. (and a few other ways to structure). We are pretty much left alone to enjoy it as we will. We can take our groups where we want and do what we want (or stay at home). I don't want it to be like a date or a party were there is that menu drop down. Flirt 3 times... Wow, maybe I can actually have parties if this works out where I don't have to cook so many of a certain dish and people will stay and do stuff together without being herded lol.
    Great for game play and great for story telling.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    No one is ever the only one. I am really looking forward to this EP for many reasons, including the dj, the town, the dancing, the clubs and just too many things to name them all. I am also looking forward to seeing more about this EP, but already decided I will be buying it.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    No OP you are not alone but you are definitely not in the majority.
    And by the way people are not upset because there was no toddlers or pet. People are upset because this EP is empty.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    And by the way people are not upset because there was no toddlers or pet. People are upset because this EP is empty.

We don't know who's in the majority, unless you have access to some survey data. We do all certainly know your opinion by now, though ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

We don't know who's in the majority, unless you have access to some survey data. We do all certainly know your opinion by now, though ;)
    Exactly!
    I'm tired of people implying that the majority of people don't want this EP. Speak for yourself.
  • Options
    KaattrrinneeKaattrrinnee Posts: 101 Member
    If I owned TS4, I would probably be interested, and I can understand people who are looking forward to this EP. I'm not super impressed from what I've read/seen at this moment, but hopefully there's more to this EP than we've got information on now. And in fact, I like that they added an European vibe to the new place. Not every simmer is from America, so I guess some of us can recognize something from this new world.

But with all that said; I'd like to see more content that simmers wanted and have been asking for, before this EP. Content that should almost be taken for granted in the Sims games now, like seasons and pets. But oh well.. it still got some years. Who knows what TS4 will end up like?
  • Options
    sarah012378sarah012378 Posts: 73 Member
    I'm excited about the new EP! :p