Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    @msbeckycat Sorry about your laptop keyboard. Bummer!
    @Gernadia I like your houseboat. Really like the stylist studio you included. Great idea. Also, the shade over the steering wheel.
    @friendsFan367 Congrats to your promised teens! Very sweet. :)
    @thuggishsplicer Loved the time travel story. A parallel time world. I was smiling and laughing all through your story...just from enjoyment. The exploding time machine...getting arrested...the nectary "still" in the front yard...the poor mummy dad. Great!
    @emorrill If that Dr Whooves isn't careful, something is going to blow up in his face--and it won't be his time machine! Liked your dialog. And I did watch the video. The Dr Who character was a lot of fun.
    @jujuwah Looking forward to seeing your family's pics as soon as you're able to post them. I like the names you've chosen for your sims.
    @TadOlson Your sims' lot is pretty big, isn't it? Lots of space for later growth.
    @PalmArrow Beautiful wedding pictures! Loved the awkward moment with the ring...it made the ceremony realistic, didn't it? That Randall seems to be a troublemaker! I bet he uses his job as a way to spy on the ladies--over in the corner, pushing his broom around, being creepy!
    @Lady Llewellyn So thoughtless of Mr Wrought not to die on schedule! :D
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Today my elder refused to die-- again. I realize the lifespan is only a minimum and that elders can always live longer than it, but Mister Reaper is eight days late and frankly we're all terribly inconvenienced by it. We don't want to move our beloved founder out to die alone, but we assumed that he'd die surrounded by family in a prompt and convenient manner so that we could all break for a bit of mourning and then get on with our lives.

Mister Wrought, if you could hurry along and croak, it'd be jolly good of you.
    :D

I had one live 40 days past the normal 90 day life span. Now I set options in NRaas StoryPrgression so elders don't live more than 3 days past the 90.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @lanlyn: Thanks it was acting up before today
  • Options
    Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    > @cwaddell said:
    > Lady Llewellyn wrote: »
    >
    > Today my elder refused to die-- again. I realize the lifespan is only a minimum and that elders can always live longer than it, but Mister Reaper is eight days late and frankly we're all terribly inconvenienced by it. We don't want to move our beloved founder out to die alone, but we assumed that he'd die surrounded by family in a prompt and convenient manner so that we could all break for a bit of mourning and then get on with our lives.
    >
    > Mister Wrought, if you could hurry along and croak, it'd be jolly good of you.
    >
    >
    >
    > :D
    >
    > I had one live 40 days past the normal 90 day life span. Now I set options in NRaas StoryPrgression so elders don't live more than 3 days past the 90.

Oh dear goodness, I hope not. As of now he's survived an extra day-- again-- and I'm very concerned that all the athletic thingamawuts I had him complete are prolonging his life.

Mister Wrought, if I had known you were going to thrive past your expiration date on nutritious meals, thorough exercise, and plenty of rest, I'd never have allowed all that character-building. I don't hold with any of this "living a good, long life" nonsense. I've got DEADLINES. Somewhere to BE.
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @emorrill Dr Whooves is a jerk. LOL
    Poor Derpy. I feel he's manipulating her.
    @thuggishsplicer He is a little bit of a jerk, especially to Rose. ;) But I will say this, he is not manipulating her. He really does have feelings for her. I just like to cause drama. (maybe I like to do it in my stories because I would never do it in real life or agree with it ;) ) lol

Ha. That's what I like to do with Sims! Do things I'd never do in my real life :).
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Oh, and does anyone know if this is a glitch that always happens in this situation? When I pressed "tab" to switch to camera mode while Paul and Connie were under the sheets trying for baby, all the furniture in the room became invisible, including the bed and the sheet. They were left floating in midair. So now I know exactly how Sim babies are made: by some kind of contortionist acrobatics!
    288qk3q.jpg

Whoa. I've had that kind of thing happen, but never for woohoo. I'm not sure I can handle knowing what goes on under Sim sheets.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Hidden Cove Caper: A Sunlit Tides Honeymoon
    Part 1

During their morning workout, Elliot shared some of his discoveries about the crime situation in Sunlit Tides. He wasn't for sure whether he should burden Anabel with all this, but he was on his own here. Trouble was, he just couldn't trust the ST police force. He sensed corruption.
    SharedWorkOut.jpg

Anabel was excited by all the drama, but was shocked when Elliot suggested inviting her friend Tenika Wahine over for questioning.
    "Tenika? But SHE can't be involved!"
    "I don't think she is, but she's related to people who are. These families are all connected in some way. I doubt she'll openly admit anything, but she's pretty gabby, and I think I can get some info from what she says. Just tell her I want to talk to her about kelp. That's true enough."
    Worried.jpg

Later, Tenika DID talk...and talk...and talk. Elliot told her he was writing down kelp recipes, but actually he was taking careful notes about local activities she let slip.
    InterviewWahine.jpg

When Tenika finally left for her culinary job, Elliot organized his notes and did some research on more of the locals. There was another shady character Tenika mentioned: Silas Allender. He'd seen the guy and was pretty sure he was an undercover cop from somewhere. Still, Elliot didn't trust him. Anabel herself was thrilled with all these juicy bits of gossip. She promptly added a few new twists to her latest dramatic novel, Lagoon for Two.
    BookAndReport.jpg

Elliot set out to explore some of the areas he had read about, and Anabel insisted on coming along. "You never know when you might need a mermaid, Elliot!"
    RedSails%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

The coastlines seemed to go on forever! Elliot was getting a little queasy by nightfall. Maybe Anabel was right about needing some sea skills. He had moved to their beach home in Roaring Heights for her sake, but he was still a High Rise city man himself. And speaking of High Rises...what the heck was that strange mound on top of the hill? An old volcano?
    RedSails%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Elliot noticed a dark row boat near the dive site. He turned the sailboat into an inconspicuous spot, and Anabel eagerly dove down into the waters before he could stop her. At least she didn't see him tossing up his cookies. Not very manly!
    Seasick%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

The water was dark and eerie in the dive hole, not the brilliant place it was during the day. Elliot could barely see five feet in front of him. Suddenly he heard noises close by. Other divers! This time of night? He signaled to Anabel to hide.
    NightDiving%252520%25252812%252529.jpg

Anabel immediately saw the divers. Two men were lugging a chest between them, heading for one of the caves. She motioned for Elliot to get into the other cave and ducked behind some old ruins herself.
    NightDiving%252520%25252810%252529.jpg

Elliot swam towards the odd looking cavern, dodging colorful squid and clown fish. But this was no time for sightseeing!
    NightDiving%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

He couldn't see or hear what was going on outside his hiding spot, but he took time to search inside. Yesterday, when he and Bel had been messing around in that other cave, he hadn't noticed anything odd. But in this cave, he found stacked crates tucked away in corners. Prying a lid open on one, Elliot uncovered a collection of relics and other treasures. He carefully closed the lid and headed back to the mouth of the cavern, waiting for another signal from Anabel. He prayed she was keeping herself well hidden.
    NightDiving%252520%25252811%252529.jpg

From her view point, Anabel watched as more boxes were loaded into the cave. She was relieved to see the men finally swimming to the surface. Then she heard oars hitting water. The divers were leaving! Anabel drew Elliot out of the cave, and they waited awhile before resurfacing themselves. None too soon because Elliot was running out of air!
    NightDiving%252520%25252813%252529.jpg

After discussing what each had seen, Anabel and Elliot decided to check more of the coastline.
    "The oar sounds moved off to the east."
    "Well, I think they're done for the night. They can't call attention to themselves by taking too long with what they're doing."
    "But Elliot...what ARE they doing?"
    "It's some sort of smuggling ring."
    "Pirates!" Anabel got excited.
    FindingHiddenCove%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

They soon spotted a small dot of light near some rocks and weeds. Pulling up to the shore, they discovered a boat post, a rusty lantern, and an odd looking well. The water in the well was pitch black. Had to be pretty deep.
    FindingHiddenCove%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

"I've seen these things before," Anabel told him. "They're diving wells."
    "Well, I think I'll check it out. You stay here, Bel."
    FindingHiddenCove%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

"Not on your life! I'm coming too!"
    LairDungeon%252520%25252824%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited September 2015
    my promised teens mom lindsey got promoted to detective. it must have been hard work she fell on her face right after.
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2015
    @emorrill really liked the update. Well things are really mixed up for those three. Hopefully it all works out. Poor Derpy, all those married, stallions?

@TadOlson nice update, yeah that sim glitched a lot.

@PalmArrow really pretty wedding. Funny about the creeper sim. I has the same trouble with my Sims from my current story ( https://gernadia.wordpress.com/wings-of-fate/ ) when they were on honeymoon in Champs Les Sims they went to the first room and 3 sims followed them in so I rushed them to another room and 1 sim managed to follow them so I moved them again and managed to lock thedoor before she could barge in on them and she stood at the door the whole time!

@lanlyn thank you. And your updated was fantastic

Well I moved October to Starlight Shores and made her a girlfriend, Sunny Parr, who is eager to start her singing career. Lucky she has her own personal stylist, right?
  • Options
    Today my elder refused to die-- again. I realize the lifespan is only a minimum and that elders can always live longer than it, but Mister Reaper is eight days late and frankly we're all terribly inconvenienced by it. We don't want to move our beloved founder out to die alone, but we assumed that he'd die surrounded by family in a prompt and convenient manner so that we could all break for a bit of mourning and then get on with our lives.

too funny about your stubborn elder...clinging to life against all odds and reason. Lol
  • Options

Haha. I have my lifespan set to 96 days, and I had an Elder live to be 110. At that point, she went swimming in a pool on a lot that I'd downloaded off a fan site, and apparently some items had been placed with moveobjects so that she couldn't get back out of the pool. She started drowning. I tried to route her out of the pool, but she just route failed.

At that point, I decided not to try to fix the lot and just let her drown. I was really fond of that sim, but GOOD GRIEF.

She wasn't even Vegetarian.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    He's ten days overdue now, and I've mainly left him to his own devices (his own devices being, apparently, alternating between the rocking chair and flirting so consistently with the butler that he's earned the faithful reputation from it). There's really no help for him, but he makes a mean Ratatouille, so the rest of the household sims will tolerate him until his eventual death.

I'm putting a shun into effect anyway in the hopes that he will get the hint and politely off himself to save house space. He's really clogging up the "spare" bedroom.
  • Options
    He's ten days overdue now, and I've mainly left him to his own devices (his own devices being, apparently, alternating between the rocking chair and flirting so consistently with the butler that he's earned the faithful reputation from it). There's really no help for him, but he makes a mean Ratatouille, so the rest of the household sims will tolerate him until his eventual death.

I'm putting a shun into effect anyway in the hopes that he will get the hint and politely off himself to save house space. He's really clogging up the "spare" bedroom.

Your Elder has a faithful reputation from autonomous flirting with the butler?? That is awesome.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yes. This is the man so afraid of commitment (and children) that he gained all his children by impregnating a local Sim lady five times whilst still keeping her at arm's length, so that he wouldn't have to deal with any of those messy diapers. Or feelings.

But then along comes Mister Butler, who wears a toupee and looks-- amazingly-- just like any other butler who has ever buttled for any rich Sim, and suddenly it's true love.

...Or boredom, because he's not allowed to leave the house while I'm waiting for him to graciously pass on and stop hogging the computer time. Really, Mister Wrought, we're all waiting.
  • Options
    Prophet769Prophet769 Posts: 5 New Member
    I wanted to get a custom house with store items on sims 3, but someone hacked my account.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Hidden Cove Caper: A Sunlit Tides Honeymoon
    Part 2

Strangely, the dive well water wasn't that deep. It soon leveled off, and then the tunnel started to rise. There was a strong current in the water too. How was that possible? The artificial wave pushed Elliot forward, the water tunnel twisting and turning, but definitely going up. Elliot's empty air tank had been left behind and he was relying on his own lungs now. Holding his breath was getting tough. Just when he thought his chest would burst, his head broke above the water. What on earth? Where the heck was he?
    LairDungeon%252520%25252823%252529.jpg

Anabel soon joined him. They pulled out some dry clothes from backpacks, and looked around. They were in a small room, completely enclosed. There was no way they could go back the way they came, not with that current! Even Anabel would have a difficult time of it. There had to be more to this room than they were seeing. Elliot contemplated the light fixtures while Anabel inspected walls.
    LairDungeon%252520%25252827%252529.jpg

Elliot realized this torch was actually a lever, but the thing was giving him some trouble. As Elliot worked with the lever, Anabel called out to him, "It's really hot over here! I need to change clothes again. Whew!"
    LairDungeon%252520%25252829%252529.jpg

"Elliot, something's very odd about this wall...Oh!" At Anabel's cry, Elliot turned quickly around just in time to see a panel appear in front of her! He went over and checked out what Anabel had found. Elliot shoved the panel as hard as he could until it finally gave way.
    LairDungeon%252520%25252832%252529.jpg

It opened into another room very much like the first. But this area also held a fire trap! And it was hot as blazes. What had he gotten Bel and himself into? Somebody sure didn't want any intruders around this place!
    LairDungeon%252520%25252833%252529.jpg

Elliot realized he could move a statue over the trap. That should take care of the flames, he figured. He'd encountered traps like this when he'd last been in Egypt on assignment.
    LairDungeon%252520%25252834%252529.jpg

But they were still stuck in another room with no visible way out! The two kept exploring.
    LairDungeon%252520%25252835%252529.jpg

Finally, Elliot hit a secret switch in the wall and a set of stairs appeared! Time to get out of here!
    LairDungeon%252520%25252836%252529.jpg

They walked up into bright morning sunshine...and into an area they'd never seen before!
    LairDiscovery%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Anabel found a panel near the stairs and stepped on it. The staircase closed shut! Hidden once again.
    StairsHidden%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Elliot looked out at the view in front of him, and Anabel asked, "Where are we? None of this looks familiar."
    "I think I saw this place from the boat last night."
    LairDiscovery%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

"We're on top of the hill with that odd-looking rock formation. And I'm beginning to see the connection now."
    LairDiscovery%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

They walked around the huge mound until they discovered a bizarre sight. Anabel gasped, "What an evil place!"
    "Don't worry, Bel. It's all fake...just put up to scare people off."
    LairDiscovery%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Elliot explained, "This is Sunlit Tides' version of a criminal hideout! And all these tunnels and caves..." He frowned, "It's how they're getting stolen goods to headquarters without being seen by outsiders." Elliot looked at his wife. "Bel, you and me...we're going to take this place down!"
    She laughed with delight. "Oh yes!"
    LairDiscovery%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Then they both started jogging down the path together. "But first we need to get off this blasted mountain!"
    LairDiscovery%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I was justing browsing the forums but I have to add that your update was awesome, too, @lanlyn !
    I love a good police story. Elliot and Bel are really cute together.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @PalmArrow -Great updates!
    @msbeckycat -I hate it when these things happen.
    @Lady Llewellyn -Hi there!Great update!I would use Master Controller from NRaas Mods to force an age transition on the elder so they die.
    @thuggishsplicer -I've got the Jankowskys building a workshop so they can extend their house.I started with using Winfield and Gibsons for two of my legacies and Oak Leaf is another world I use for a legacy.I found that Glenvale County works well along with Evermore Falls Blank and Deery Meadows.I've also got a world to finish in CAW which is meant for this type of legacy.
    @lanlyn -I gave them a larger lot for farming and so they wouldn't outgrow the house.Great updates!
    @friendsfan367 -Great update!
    @Gernadia -Thanks for the comment.
    I've got an update coming up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Spring-1621.
    Eli and Ami got up so early that morning that their night visitor was still there as they got up that morning.
    21430052168_af680b3621.jpg
    They got ready for the day quickly and started working on their writing after chores.
    21430064178_05b10b83bc.jpg
    Eli took a short break and got back to work for a while.
    21430988339_c5cdf63c37.jpg
    They stopped to get ready for work at 2PM and it was still pouring rain outside.
    20996807453_6c182976f2.jpg
    They left for work at 5PM because it was time to get off to work.
    21617999155_36d342af8d.jpg
    They got off work and arrived home at about 9PM to get the next wall section built.
    20995134414_1f2e89cefc.jpg
    They ended up going to bed at 9:30 in the evening.
    20995141134_ca9277c53d.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    @lanlyn you crack me up. ;) Glad you watched the video. It's fun. :) LOVE your updates!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Just an ordinary day. :)

First, Elena went to her class activity.

BSuS6qJ.png

Then she played some video games. She's a total nerd at heart! <3

iPCHUEp.png

Finally, she and her boyfriend Blake watched the stars together.

ovuqINS.png
    84zyaQ5.png
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Gernadia I like your houseboat! And Kiki is very pretty (but not the short version of her)!

@thuggishsplicer , I LOVE your alternate reality plot!

@jujuwah , looking forward to your pictures when you're able to post them! I know how it felt waiting to become a full member!

@emorrill , I'm enjoying the drama in your story, although I'm angry with Dr Whooves!

@Lady Llewellyn , I've had the opposite problem - I wanted my elders to live as long as possible, but they died at 90 and 91 days respectively. It seems it can never turn out the way the player wants!

@lanlyn , I would love to watch an adventure movie set on a tropical island based on your story! Using WA tombs to make a secret passage was a great idea.

@TadOlson , an alien visitor in the 17 century! That must have scared them. :)

@PixelsSquared , beautiful photos as always!
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    This just happened and I thought it was very sweet.
    My newlyweds went for a drink with the groom's sister and one of his colleagues from work, Eloy Jolina (the bald blond guy in a medical uniform). Eloy got ill and, although a doctor himself, needed quick medical attention. While Paul was helping him, Connie stood behind him with a dreamy look and a thought cloud that I can only interpret as: "My husband is saving people! I'm so proud of him!"
    15pqwwx.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2015

The person who lived to 130 days (with my game at the 90 day life span) was Anna-Liza_Riddle. To quote from this sims wiki, "If aging is on, she will most likely be the first person in Twinbrook to die from old age." That is what happened in the first couple of times I played in Twinbrook so I got the brilliant idea to have my grandmother (elder) and granddaughter (child) household move in with her so they could inherit her house when she died. Boy did that plan backfire. :)

• Options
    @PalmArrow cute

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top