Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Passion without the Venom

Comments

• Options
    HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    Leena wrote: »
    I'm honestly not attaking the players who are voicing their opinions and speaking up for what they want. I think that's great and healthy even as every game needs a passionate fan base. I'm sure the team are very grateful for all of you sharing your thoughts, likes and dislikes.
    What I despise reading is the real venomous, outright hatred and hostility towards the game and the game creators, it borders on bullying. I just don't see how that kind of feedback is helpful to anyone as surely it just creates more rifts between us and the Sims team.
    And it's great that you're against the truly hateful players. So are the rest of us, including people who do have negative things to say about the game. No offence but I'm not sure this warrants a thread. Thank you for explaining your point further though, that did clarify things.

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Second, Where do we go? What other life Simulation do you think we should play?

Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still amazing games!
    They are (except I'd argue about TS3 lol) but why should TS4 only be reserved for people without complaints? Why can't we all enjoy the next iteration of the franchise? Why should we be left out like we already are? Why should EA/Maxis get away with spoiling a certain group of players while completely dismissing the rest of us?
    I never said you should. In fact I do believe that family players and the like should (and will) get what they want, but I do think they will have to wait because what they are asking for are monumental tasks. Meanwhile some of them are calling for the game to get scrapped because it doesn't (yet) offer what they want at the level they want it.
  • Options

Oh, Thank you. You're so Sweet! :cookie:

No new game for us (me and my pocket lint)... why should anyone else be considered but the Telemetry players. Thanks again.

Thank you. I know it's dripped in sarcasm, but I choose to take it as a compliment. :mrgreen:

There is nothing wrong with the old games, they're great. I don't know why it's considered an insult around here to suggest games you may like since sims 4 doesn't have what you want.

It's dripping with incredibility to even hear that. Sarcasm was the least on my mind. I was flabbergasted you think that's a viable offer.

I've been playing TS2 since it came out in 2004... I shouldn't want a new game? Or is it you think I don't know those options? Lol

I should just go to another site that's all TS2 and... wait, there isn't one. I should only hang in TS2 section. Sweet!
    The Sims 4 is the new game, you just don't happen to like it.
  • Options
    You know, the more people tell me to leave the more I want to stay and make my feelings known. My ignorant views as I keep hearing. :cookie:

No one is telling you to leave, lol.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2015

Oh, Thank you. You're so Sweet! :cookie:

No new game for us (me and my pocket lint)... why should anyone else be considered but the Telemetry players. Thanks again.

Thank you. I know it's dripped in sarcasm, but I choose to take it as a compliment. :mrgreen:

There is nothing wrong with the old games, they're great. I don't know why it's considered an insult around here to suggest games you may like since sims 4 doesn't have what you want.

It's dripping with incredibility to even hear that. Sarcasm was the least on my mind. I was flabbergasted you think that's a viable offer.

I've been playing TS2 since it came out in 2004... I shouldn't want a new game? Or is it you think I don't know those options? Lol

I should just go to another site that's all TS2 and... wait, there isn't one. I should only hang in TS2 section. Sweet!
    The Sims 4 is the new game, you just don't happen to like it.

I don't understand this what you're saying here....

*Oh, and I'm not a family player.. You got me lumped into the wrong basket. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I'm honestly not attaking the players who are voicing their opinions and speaking up for what they want. I think that's great and healthy even as every game needs a passionate fan base. I'm sure the team are very grateful for all of you sharing your thoughts, likes and dislikes.
    What I despise reading is the real venomous, outright hatred and hostility towards the game and the game creators, it borders on bullying. I just don't see how that kind of feedback is helpful to anyone as surely it just creates more rifts between us and the Sims team.
    I don't understand, how is it causing a rift in the Sims team? Maxis is a gaming company, EA publishes the games. The Sims team hasn't had much respect for the fan base or their concerns ( which I will not rehash here since if you were curious enough to understand you would find threads addressing TS 4 shortcomings and feedback to the devs)
    I absolutely agree that disagreement should be expressed in a civil manner tho..
  • Options
    edited September 2015

They are (except I'd argue about TS3 lol) but why should TS4 only be reserved for people without complaints? Why can't we all enjoy the next iteration of the franchise? Why should we be left out like we already are? Why should EA/Maxis get away with spoiling a certain group of players while completely dismissing the rest of us?
    I never said you should. In fact I do believe that family players and the like should (and will) get what they want, but I do think they will have to wait because what they are asking for are monumental tasks. Meanwhile some of them are calling for the game to get scrapped because it doesn't (yet) offer what they want at the level they want it.
    So waiting a year for basic content that should have been included in the base game and leaves little to no opportunity for us to play the way we want is ok? We have to wait even longer than a year while single Young Adult Sim players constantly get shiny new toys? How is that fair?

The Sims up until TS4 has always been an open sandbox where everyone of every play style can play as they want. This time round however EA/Maxis decided to divide the Sim community for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

Also, what monumental task? Sure, making a new life stage will take more time than other additions to the game but this is their job. It's what they get paid to do. If they're not capable of doing it then they need to be replaced by more competent game designers, and hopefully ones that listen to the Sims community. And just for the record I don't agree with the game being scrapped because it has a lot of potential. Not all of us agree on that.

• Options
    edited September 2015

So waiting a year for basic content that should have been included in the base game and leaves little to no opportunity for us to play the way we want is ok? We have to wait even longer than a year while single Young Adult Sim players constantly get shiny new toys? How is that fair?

The Sims up until TS4 has always been an open sandbox where everyone of every play style can play as they want. This time round however EA/Maxis decided to divide the Sim community for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

Also, what monumental task? Sure, making a new life stage will take more time than other additions to the game but this is their job. It's what they get paid to do. If they're not capable of doing it then they need to be replaced by more competent game designers, and hopefully ones that listen to the Sims community. And just for the record I don't agree with the game being scrapped because it has a lot of potential. Not all of us agree on that.

I don't disagree that toddlers should have been base game. Unfortunately, things change. Game development is messy and sometimes you don't always meet expectations. Things get cut, pushed to the back burner, etc.
    They looked at the numbers, crunched them, and decided that it was best for the game to push out without toddlers. They are more than likely working on them now to be added at a later date. I expect toddlers to take years. I wouldn't want cruddy rushed out ones, would you?

The sims have never 'always' been anything. Each iteration is wildly different from the previous one. Everyone has their likes and dislikes and everyone has their favorite. We all want features from our favorites to be added into the newest version. The devs have the difficult job of trying to fit it all in. Sometimes they are allowed to.

The monumental task for toddlers, cast, open world. Work-wise these are huge requests whether you want to acknowledge it or not. I know it's their job, but there are many many factors: Time, budget, approval, resources, etc. It's not about them being capable or not, it's about whether or not they will be allowed to do it.

I'm glad you don't agree with it getting scrapped.

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yo i don't hate the Sims 4, but well i still find we should tell EA and Maxis how we feel about the current direction the Sims 4 is heading.
    So i only came back posting here because of the recent interview with Rachel Franklin and i don't like it, but well its alright they decide how they handle the Sims Franchise. Still i gave my feedback how i don't like their way right now.
    Well i don't mind that you love the game, but i guess you won't get the "haterZ" out of here OP.
  • Options
    LeenaLeena Posts: 77 Member

Welcome to the Forums. The first place to stop is the Rules. It'll give you a good idea on not telling people to leave.

And What hate? If you heard someone crying would you scream at them to shut up and leave because they're making you feel uncomfortable?

You must miss a lot of the nice topics, the love topics, the happy and joyful topics... And yet because some of us are not happy you want us to be quiet and go away?

That saddens me that you and a lot others can't hear us for what we are- sad and left out in the cold Simmers. Many for over a decade who feel ignored. Yes, there are some upset topics... skip them and go to your happy happy topics and please stop telling us to go away.

Happy Simming.
    I don't think I told anyone to go away, I just made a flippant comment that people who want another Sims 3 should just go and play Sims 3. That was all.
    I just want the nastiness to stop, certainly not the feedback. By all means us fans should be able to scream, cry, gush and vent over these games, that's passion and I love that in Sims fans but when it becomes venomous and cruel and people attack the team working on this game then yes, I hope those people do go away.
    I would like Sims 4 to be able open up the channels of communication a bit more with the fans but I believe the hatred and nastiness is what prevents them.

• Options

I don't disagree that toddlers should have been base game. Unfortunately, things change. Game development is messy and sometimes you don't always meet expectations. Things get cut, pushed to the back burner, etc.
    They looked at the numbers, crunched them, and decided that it was best for the game to push out without toddlers. They are more than likely working on them now to be added at a later date. I expect toddlers to take years. I wouldn't want cruddy rushed out ones, would you?

The sims have never 'always' been anything. Each iteration is wildly different from the previous one. Everyone has their likes and dislikes and everyone has their favorite. We all want features from our favorites to be added into the newest version.

The monumental task for toddlers, cast, open world. Work-wise these are huge requests whether you want to acknowledged it or not. I know it's their job, but there are many many factors: Time, budget, approval, resources, etc. It's not about them being capable or not, it's about whether or not they will be allowed to do it.

I'm glad you don't agree with it getting scrapped.
    No, I don't want toddlers to be rushed out and sure these things take time but don't you think the game could have benefited over all if they took extra time to develop toddlers, open world, etc. for the base game instead of cutting these features out and rushing the game over to Origin?

Even if they're currently working on toddlers and these other features we have no idea. The silent treatment we've been getting from EA/Maxis is sickening and only further antagonizes frustrated players. We keep complaining and being vocal because we have no idea what's going on and when we do hear something it's usually not very encouraging (ex. Rachel Franklin's latest interview).

And I disagree - yes each iteration has been very different but they all contained the sandbox element that allowed players to play as they wanted to. That has never changed. TS4 is much more linear. Most of the changes come from style and expansion content but the ability to play and do whatever you want has always been there.
  • Options
    OP imagine you love something. Then that gets taken from you. Next the people who create it start to blame you for why it's excluding you. Then you have people who are the lucky ones coming to chastise those who are heartbroken and tell them to 'be patient' and 'wait your turn' while for over a year you've waited and never been acknowledged.

The real hate around here truly is the intolerance of others. Yes there are bad apples that act out-but I think you'll find the same applies within those of your same opinion.

It's like pouring salt in a septic wound and rubbing it for good measure.

Maybe you are naive. But really I am sad that if you come here often that you don't read the hurt and heartbreak in people's comments and don't feel compassion towards others who were left out by no fault of their own-but whom were encouraged to buy this game by the very team who continue to ignore them. That's why people feel betrayed.

I played world of warcraft for years and love it until one day the devs started taking it in a different direction that I didn't agree with. I payed 15 dollars very month, plus buying expansion packs, and buying from the store. I've invested a ton of money into that game. So trust me, I know exactly how you feel. The only difference between me and you is, I don't have a copy of the older version, the one I liked, to go back and play. Count yourself lucky that you still have the sims 2 and 3 to play and enjoy. The warcraft I love is gone, coded over and replaced.
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    I think anyone who is reasonable will agree that outright abuse, threats etc are totally unacceptable, regardless of opinion on Sims 4. I still don't understand why adding toddlers is classed as being a "monumental task", why is it so difficult to create something that has been around for 10 years? I certainly don't want an exact copy of previous games to just be rehashed over and over again, I'm not averse to change either so I'm happy to look at Sims games that try to take it a new direction. But this isn't new, it's just stripped back and limited. Believe me, I want to love Sims 4, I really, really do but it hurts to see how little there is for players who don't want to constantly play YA and party and talk all day long.
    There is no hate from me just overwhelming disappointment that Simmers like myself are so clearly undervalued and unappreciated.
  • Options
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    I think anyone who is reasonable will agree that outright abuse, threats etc are totally unacceptable, regardless of opinion on Sims 4. I still don't understand why adding toddlers is classed as being a "monumental task", why is it so difficult to create something that has been around for 10 years? I certainly don't want an exact copy of previous games to just be rehashed over and over again, I'm not averse to change either so I'm happy to look at Sims games that try to take it a new direction. But this isn't new, it's just stripped back and limited. Believe me, I want to love Sims 4, I really, really do but it hurts to see how little there is for players who don't want to constantly play YA and party and talk all day long.
    There is no hate from me just overwhelming disappointment that Simmers like myself are so clearly undervalued and unappreciated.
    Because it wouldn't be an exact copy. Multitasking plays a huge role in the game. I'd imagine adding being able to carry around, play with, feed, change, train toddlers to that is going to be a big job.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Welcome to the Forums. The first place to stop is the Rules. It'll give you a good idea on not telling people to leave.

And What hate? If you heard someone crying would you scream at them to shut up and leave because they're making you feel uncomfortable?

You must miss a lot of the nice topics, the love topics, the happy and joyful topics... And yet because some of us are not happy you want us to be quiet and go away?

That saddens me that you and a lot others can't hear us for what we are- sad and left out in the cold Simmers. Many for over a decade who feel ignored. Yes, there are some upset topics... skip them and go to your happy happy topics and please stop telling us to go away.

Happy Simming.
    I don't think I told anyone to go away, I just made a flippant comment that people who want another Sims 3 should just go and play Sims 3. That was all.
    I just want the nastiness to stop, certainly not the feedback. By all means us fans should be able to scream, cry, gush and vent over these games, that's passion and I love that in Sims fans but when it becomes venomous and cruel and people attack the team working on this game then yes, I hope those people do go away.
    I would like Sims 4 to be able open up the channels of communication a bit more with the fans but I believe the hatred and nastiness is what prevents them.

At the end of the day, if this game is causing nothing but negativity and sour feelings then why not leave it and go and play something you do enjoy?

I used to enjoy The Sims.... Now I enjoy the forums- most of the time.

Some others might make Flippant remarks yet it's seen as hate instead of caring.

Please, you have no idea how many of these posts are made here almost everyday... and these are the ones which stir up so much of the settling stuff. We get rilled up with such flippant comments that by the time things start to settle another person comes in and tells people to leave and stop hatting on the game.

Every other flippant day, it feels like. And then the ones who aren't so happy have to do their song and dance all over again.

There really isn't that much until it gets stirred up again. You really should read here a little more and see how most of us do try and get along. Try and see each others side... until the next flippant remark that gets it going again.

As I seem to say a lot- there is a report button- please use it. I do if I see attacks and when things get personal.

@Maxis has decided they will not talk about any future developments and so they don't come here. They're grownups and I believe they can handle it, especially since they have the power to ban people who get out of line. It's on them and the more they stay away them more we'll feel disconnected.

Maybe you should visit them on Twitter- they all have an account and they do chat some times. :D

• Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    > @Ponder_the_Sim said:

> Because it wouldn't be an exact copy. Multitasking plays a huge role in the game. I'd imagine adding being able to carry around, play with, feed, change, train toddlers to that is going to be a big job.

So why create a game in such a way that makes this so difficult? Sims have been able to do all of the above since Sims 2, why is it now so hard to have this right from the start? I'm not trying to be difficult but hearing the excuse of it being too hard/expensive/monumental doesn't wash with me at all. The base game should be able to do these things at the very least, the fact that it can't speaks volumes for how rushed a job it must have been and that has never been acknowledged.
  • Options
    OP imagine you love something. Then that gets taken from you. Next the people who create it start to blame you for why it's excluding you. Then you have people who are the lucky ones coming to chastise those who are heartbroken and tell them to 'be patient' and 'wait your turn' while for over a year you've waited and never been acknowledged.

The real hate around here truly is the intolerance of others. Yes there are bad apples that act out-but I think you'll find the same applies within those of your same opinion.

It's like pouring salt in a septic wound and rubbing it for good measure.

Maybe you are naive. But really I am sad that if you come here often that you don't read the hurt and heartbreak in people's comments and don't feel compassion towards others who were left out by no fault of their own-but whom were encouraged to buy this game by the very team who continue to ignore them. That's why people feel betrayed.

I played world of warcraft for years and love it until one day the devs started taking it in a different direction that I didn't agree with. I payed 15 dollars very month, plus buying expansion packs, and buying from the store. I've invested a ton of money into that game. So trust me, I know exactly how you feel. The only difference between me and you is, I don't have a copy of the older version, the one I liked, to go back and play. Count yourself lucky that you still have the sims 2 and 3 to play and enjoy. The warcraft I love is gone, coded over and replaced.

I do enjoy playing the old games.

It surprises me that you would understand but at the same time not be a little more empathetic towards people. It wasn't long ago you were disappointed yourself @Ponder_the_Sim and you'll remember I supported you just as much then when others questioned your change in direction. I even supported you in regards to what upset you about a reward.

It would be nice if you could be a little more compassionate sometimes-because you may not act the same way I, or others, would in this situation but you know I'm always polite and I don't call names or whatever. Ive even stepped in when youve been subject to that by others. We aren't all made to react the same way and I invested a lot of money in TS4 over a year ago. It's not fair that they encouraged players like me to invest if they had no intention of catering to us for two or three years. They should have said and i could have saved my money and bought on sale once they got around to it.

How am I not supporting you? By telling you guys it may take a bit longer than you thought? and I'm not calling you any names.
  • Options
    LeenaLeena Posts: 77 Member
    I want to apologize to the people who believe I was attacking them for voicing their feelings on certain aspects of the game. I truly wasn't having a dig at you. I fully support all of you who are passionate about toddlers and other features you want back in the game. As I said previously, I think being passionate and vocal on this game is a healthy thing for everyone. I just hate when the feedback turns into personal attacks and bullying towards the creators. That's what I was voicing my opinion on.
    Anyway, thank you for your replies. I just wanted to put some positivity back in the forums but it didn't really work out and it's ok, I understand I could have worded it better.
    Time to retreat back into the audience and eat popcorn. :|