Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4, Transparency, and Boycotting

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2015
    Well... I guess it is relevant, but I would have picked another word for it, like "lost sales".
    "Negative" sales to me sounds like the company actually paying out money, like for returns.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me btw :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Well... I guess it is relevant, but I would have picked another word for it, like "lost sales".
    "Negative" sales to me sounds like the company actually paying out money, like for returns.

Well under the guarantee they may get returns! I agree though. Lost sales sounds better.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I can't speak about the game, because I don't have any real facts to back it up with. Just the feeling that all is not going well. But I can tell you that they are losing money in gifting. I do not have time to spend a hour and a half on the phone to try to gift someone when I know darn well that it has been done. I understand you can't gift in another country and am not taking issue with that. I am talking a US to US transaction. So apparently they are a business that does not want money, or right does not know what left is doing.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    It's a good suggestion. I'm working on displaying the comments from everyone, so I'll probably be able to do it tomorrow. I'll have to edit the dynamic image.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    11 pages already? I have a lot of reading to do. lol
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    One question, honest one:

"Negative sales"? I don't get the concept?
    Logically it means that more people should be returning the game for a refund than the number of new sold copies. Something some of the haters probably would love ;)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I disagree, I think SimGuruGraham worked his bum off for the retail part of GTW. You could tell by his comments and engagement with the community that he loved this project and was invested in his work. In fact, even though I say that TS5 needs a new team working on TS5, I think SimGuruGraham would do just fine working on TS5. And even though I'm not playing GTW (I did buy it though) from all the screenshots I see, it looks to be the most casually used feature in GTW.

That being said, yes, there were several missed opportunities, but I don't think it was for lack of dedication or investment.

I'm not sure if these will be added later in GPs or if the option for residential businesses is even possible with the game core. TS4 is a limited and limiting game.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure SimGuruGraham does actually play the Sims 4. I mean you can see a lot of videos done of him actually playing the game when Maxis used to do live videos to promote packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

It's not really negative sales, but potential sales if being exactly technical about it. Like how businesses have a prediction of how many sales they are going to make in a year. So the figure could be either lower or higher than that. It is a rough estimate.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Erpe wrote: »

Logically it means that more people should be returning the game for a refund than the number of new sold copies. Something some of the haters probably would love ;)
    Technically the word hater means: a person who has an intense dislike for another person or thing. Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hater

So nice to know that it means it includes people who dislike others as well will like it too. <3 But when term is used here, it is a total the pot calling the kettle black type of thing. But I don't think anyone is a hater. Prejudice is just rampant since the interview. But yes this is why name calling makes posts seem irrelevant. It becomes nothing more than a he said she said argument.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015

Thanks for taking the time to answer me btw :)

negative sales is not wrong this exist in market

normally company live from "expeculations, like they expectating a product sell x sales based on all the data they gathere, then if the product ending sold less then they get negative sales then based on how low the numbers where compared with projections they will take or no actions, which can be from stop to produce that product to try to do a strong market and advertising if that don't work then or they pass to next version of product or drop it like they did with sims medieval, companies normally don't try to sell products without have some knowledge if it is good or no, they do researchs, try to look at what the customers like and what could attract then, then based on that research they try to make a estimate on how much profit theu can get from it and that is when come negative sales when the sales number are smaller than what what they estimate.
    ps: i forget also for that numbers they also take in account the budget they expending in producing the product, like if they get less money than they expending in produce the product(this is more effective in physical products that is why now maxis is putting almost everything as dlc and no more physical cuz this cost much more money to make the physycal mdia) then again are very negative sales.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hopefully not. It's in violation of forum rules.
    Post edited by GoldenBuffy on
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    i honestly would love to be able to return the game and get back my money to buy actually good games for me, which really whenever i get a bad game this give me headcaches and a defeating feelings or let's say my prider of gamer get badly hurt whenever i ending buying bad games.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    edited September 2015
    bekkasan wrote: »

Name calling is against the rules, you can state that without calling names.

[Redacted at request of thread owner]
    Post edited by WaterHornet on
  • Options
    Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    Please no back and forth because they'll just swoop in and delete the thread again. Please try and keep all comments relevant to the topic.
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2015
    bekkasan wrote: »

Name calling is against the rules, you can state that without calling names.

Calling someone a "hater" isn't name calling. The forums automatically censor actual name calling, unless someone gets crafty. It's possible, but here there's no issue. I hate The Sims 4, shall I be accused of something too? And when I say "I hate The Sims 4" I'm being completely honest...probably accused of being entitled, arrogant, ignorant, impatient, etc. Is that name calling? No, not really...what I would be is a babyish adult if those words hurt my feelings in such a way as to cause punitive damages which is what actual "name calling" is. I don't want to sound like I'm coming in my high horse but this kind of stuff really grates my last nerve, this oversensitive shaming nonsense...

I don't want to derail the thread, and I hope that you guys will understand and appreciate that and not discuss this anymore on this thread--please feel free to discuss it on my wall as I don't mind talking about it--just not here. A lot of people have taken the time and energy to share their feedback on this thread I don't want it closed and all of their comments lost because of one callous post.

And @WaterHornet, I'll be posting my reply to your comment on your wall in a moment. :relaxed:

Edit: @Zola1016 - Thank you. you are AWESOME.
  • Options
    Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    @nanashi-sims cheers! I think you are as well for doing all of this.
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top