Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Archaeology Career Idea

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like these ideas, too! love digging! And it would be grand if my Sim dug up a full dinosaur! I have always wanted that in The Sims. But if I had to accept this as not a hands on career then I would because I have always liked m Sims wearing those outfits and pretending my Sim was out doing those things. Cheated many times in TS2 just to put my Sims in those shorts and hats. lol...

This might be stealing from Animal Crossing a bit too much, but one of my favorite things to do (second to swatting townies I didn't like with my net) was to find Fossils for Blathers and assemble the dino skeletons.

Maybe something like that could be its own collection. Sort of like the sarcophagi and dive wells in Sims 3. Assemble enough pieces, and you get a full dino skeleton?
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    katoregama wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like these ideas, too! love digging! And it would be grand if my Sim dug up a full dinosaur! I have always wanted that in The Sims. But if I had to accept this as not a hands on career then I would because I have always liked m Sims wearing those outfits and pretending my Sim was out doing those things. Cheated many times in TS2 just to put my Sims in those shorts and hats. lol...

This might be stealing from Animal Crossing a bit too much, but one of my favorite things to do (second to swatting townies I didn't like with my net) was to find Fossils for Blathers and assemble the dino skeletons.

Maybe something like that could be its own collection. Sort of like the sarcophagi and dive wells in Sims 3. Assemble enough pieces, and you get a full dino skeleton?

Yeah, that would be great or even as the Sim progresses the career reward might be a kit? or something but I would also love this as a hands on job.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    miloekmiloek Posts: 451 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yes, yes, yes, I had been wanting an archaeology career for the longest time. But if it was a career, literally all of my sims would have the same job. Or a vet.
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: f0xxes
  • Options
    DanteEDMDanteEDM Posts: 98 Member
    Where do I sign up? Love the helicopter.
    "Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." Scott Adams
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    A week or two ago I directed the devs attention to it. It's very doubtful they'd do it. And I mean VERY doubtful. But it's at least fun to speculate.

If they did do it I'd be like "Okay guys, you can hire me now, to be a game tester." XD
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    CollectTheShellsCollectTheShells Posts: 62 Member
    Nice! Time to get Lara Croft/Indiana Jones costumes set up! Er I mean work outfits.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    An idea I had for the future. No, this isn't a peckish demand, or a complaint.

I notice how there seems to be a career for most every Aspiration Type. For instance, the Astronaut career synergizes well with the Bodybuilder aspiration, since Astronauts have to work out a lot for their promotion requirements. Or how a Painter career does well with a Painting aspiration.

Athletic - Astronaut
    Creativity - Painter (Also Writer, and Musician Branch of Entertainer.)
    Deviance - Criminal
    Food - Culinary
    Knowledge - Tech Guru
    Love - Secret Agent (Diamond Agent requires daily romantic interactions)
    Popularity - Entertainer (Comedian branch specifically.)

So there are still no careers which synergize with Family, Fortune, or Nature. Family could have an Education career to take care of kids. Branches could split off into Daycare Administrator, or Teacher of the Year. Fortune would do well with a Business career. Branches could maybe split off into CEO or Day Trader branches.

But my main love and infatuation would be an Archaeology Career which works with the Nature aspirations.

1. Display Cleaner
    - Working at the history museum is a winding road. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Yours begins with a push broom.
    - Reward: NONE
    - Promotion Requirements: Clean one sink, bathtub, or shower. Read one Non-Fiction Book.
    - Daily Task: Browse Simpedia.
    - Ideal Mood: Focused

2. Night Watchman
    - After long hours picking up discarded pamphlets, you're now being trusted to make sure the exhibits never leave the museum at night. So equip your trusty snap activated flashlight and witty banter. You are now a Night Watchman.
    - Reward: Museum Standee.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 3 of Charisma Skill. Have 2 Friends.

3. Museum Receptionist
    - You've heard the recorded narrations so often you can recite them by heart. You've seen the displays so many times you've memorized the steps to reach them. For your expertise, they have made you the Museum Receptionist.
    - Reward: Enthuse about History Social
    - Promotion Requirements: Enthuse about History with 3 other Sims. Find a Fossil.

4. Fossil Fixer
    - Based on your meticulous record, you are now being allowed behind the scenes as a Fossil Fixer. Excitement awaits spending hours hunched over a table, staring a fossils through a magnifying glass, and cleaning off dirt.
    - Reward: Mummy Tomb Map, New CAS Parts (Multi-Lens Glasses)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 3 of Logic Skill. View or Admire three sculptures.

5. Tour Guide
    - After back-aching labor working with tiny brushes and chisels, you are now a Tour Guide given an even more monumental task; Leading children through exhibits and keeping them off the dinosaur skeletons. The horror!
    - Reward: Research Natural History on the computer. Display Plaque.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 5 of Charisma Skill. Research Natural History for Three Hours. Go to work feeling Focused.

6. Exhibit Expert
    - Now that you're an Exhibit Expert, the Curator clique has been snickering at you behind their bowties and thick rimmed glasses. But you'll show them. You'll show them all some day!
    - Reward: Golden Pharaoh Bust.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 5 of Logic Skill. Find Three Fossils.

- Then it branches into the Head Historian and Tomb Raider paths. -

Head Historian Branch
    7. History Buff
    - You've come this far and now you have a bowtie of your own. You can now call yourself a History Buff. When people see you, they may laugh, but hey; bow ties are cool.
    - Reward: Fancy Rope Fence
    - Promotion Requirements: Own a Microscope. Use Microscope for three hours.
    - Daily Task: Research Natural History.

8. Curator Companion
    - The eccentric Curator of the museum invited you into his 'office' (a small blue police box) to promote you! Congratulations, you are a Curator Companion. Gee, it sure looks bigger on the inside...
    - Reward: Softbeams TM Spotlight. Bore to Death Social. (Applies Bored status on targets, while increasing friendship.)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Logic Skill 8. Bore three Sims.

9. Archaeology Professor
    - The famous Doctor Bones has promoted you to Archaeology Professor. Many ask what gave him the right, but he's a Doctor, darnit!
    - Reward: Dinosaur Skeleton Statue. Ability to Write a History Book.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 8 Charisma Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write a History Book.

10. Head Historian
    - And they all said you'd never make it, but here you are, in charge of the museum. Truly a king among nerds. Congratulations, you are a Head Historian.
    - Reward: Connery Corner Collectible Case (Can be used to hold up to 8 single tile tiles or 16 small tiles items, including fossils, metals, gems, and My Sims Trophies.), New CAS Parts (Curator Outfit, with tweed jacket, suspenders, and bow tie. Something very Doctor Who-ish. Available on both genders.)
    - Promotion Requirements: NONE

Ruin Raider Branch

7. Bone Digger
    - Your days spending time amongst old objects inside dusty buildings are over! Feeling the need to stretch your legs you can now explore the world to discover NEW old objects inside dusty buildings.
    - Reward: Burn Proof Wall Torch
    - Promotion Requirements: Own a Helicopter*. Launch Helicopter three times.
    - Daily Task: Helicopter Missions
    - Ideal Mood: Confident

8. Relic Finder
    - With your trusty duster, whip, and fez-hatted chum, you're now in the business of treasure. Her sirens' call lures you to seek out new adventures as a Relic Finder.
    - Reward: Priceless Pirate Ruby, Brag about Adventures Social (Applies Energized moodlet on targets, while increasing friendship.)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach level 4 Athletic Skill. Brag About Adventures with Three Sims.

9. Avid Explorer
    - Being an Avid Explorer requires cunning, skill, and rugged charm. Keep moving forwards! No really, there's a giant boulder rolling after you!
    - Reward: Anubis Statue, Ability to Write an Adventure Book.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach level 8 Athletic Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write an Adventure Book.

10. Ruin Raider
    - No matter how dark or trap infested, your brains and talent have made you a world-class explorer. Congratulations, you are a true Ruin Raider.
    - Reward: Mummy Sarcophagus (Interactable for Sleep, Applies "Slumbered like a Mummy Moodlet" boosting Confidence.), New CAS Parts (Raider outfit. Something "Indiana Jones" or "Nathan Drake" for guys, and something a bit more "Lara Croft" for Ladies.)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach level 8 Athletic Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write an Adventure Book.

***The Helicopter is an idea for a new Skill Object like the Rocket Ship. You build a trusty chopper, and can go on choose your own adventure missions exploring ruins, fighting bad guys, discovering treasure, diving into sunken galleons, etc. Using this object will grant random Metal/Fossil/Gem collectibles, or even Postcards. If the helicopter is not feasible, then I leave it to your judgement.

Rewards for all careers could include an Egyptian bust, an old map, a Museum Standee, and a display plaque. Historian branch will get you fancy spotlights, a fancy rope fence, a dinosaur skeleton statue, a nice display case for collectibles, and a CAS Curator suit. Raider branch will get you a priceless ruby decorative object, Anubis statue, wall torch, a sarcophagus you can sleep in, and CAS outfits subtly resembling Indiana Jones.

New interactions let you enthuse about history, talk about fossils, joke about mummies. Promotion requirements involve reading books, collecting fossils, and increasing the logic skill.

It would be neat if there was also an Archaeology or Collecting skill which is raised when you use dig spots, or with that helicopter skill object I mentioned which, like the rocket ship, does a choose your own adventure for exploring tombs and things. Collecting skill improvements let you...
    Lvl 1 - Learn the Skill
    Lvl 2 - Dig faster
    Lvl 3 - No change.
    Lvl 4 - Find uncommon items more often.
    Lvl 5 - Reduce frog breeding cooldown
    Lvl 6 - Sell for more.
    Lvl 7 - Free Geo Council mail-ins
    Lvl 8 - Get additional items from deposits
    Lvl 9 - Find Rares more often.
    Lvl 10 - "Identify Object" action so you never have to call the geo council.

Thoughts?

Love the idea. Maybe they could make it an active career. I really like the 3 active careers we got with GTW. In the sims 2, I made a sim spider island and also downloaded a Stonehenge. I made clean and dirty archeology outfits, one with a rope carried over the shoulder, and hammer/small pick on the belt. My sims would start in clean clothes and would go home dirty( hid a dresser hidden there.... Lol. I enjoyed playing that with university! I am surprised with the finding fossils and all that we don't have an aecheology career Already.... I would love to see one.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I know this is an old thread, but I would also like this a lot. Gurus, are any new careers or aspirations, or traits coming any time soon?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Love it! <3
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    Great idea. I would enjoy playing this very much.

I'd like to have something different for family though. Education has been done to death. How about a career at a family fun center? It could have a rollercoaster engineer track and an administration track. Home research would start with playing with toys, playing with kids/teens, throwing parties for kids/teens, asking kids/teens for ideas, watching the children's channel, to submit proposals via the computer.

It could even have a new emotion, something like "Childlike Wonder" that boosts your ability to interact with children and gives you new types of interactions. The consequence of having too much wonder would not be death but an age regression.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    TAKE MY MONEY!!

Yes.png

yes.jpg

yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-8.png

quote115_large.jpg

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread, but I would also like this a lot. Gurus, are any new careers or aspirations, or traits coming any time soon?

Well, I am glad for the necro too. I haven't seen this before, and I love the idea, and it is so well thought out as well. The promotion requirements are a bit too much compared to current careers, but I guess that is because this thread is from before they changed the current requirements to be easier?
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    Lo
    An idea I had for the future. No, this isn't a peckish demand, or a complaint.

I notice how there seems to be a career for most every Aspiration Type. For instance, the Astronaut career synergizes well with the Bodybuilder aspiration, since Astronauts have to work out a lot for their promotion requirements. Or how a Painter career does well with a Painting aspiration.

Athletic - Astronaut
    Creativity - Painter (Also Writer, and Musician Branch of Entertainer.)
    Deviance - Criminal
    Food - Culinary
    Knowledge - Tech Guru
    Love - Secret Agent (Diamond Agent requires daily romantic interactions)
    Popularity - Entertainer (Comedian branch specifically.)

So there are still no careers which synergize with Family, Fortune, or Nature. Family could have an Education career to take care of kids. Branches could split off into Daycare Administrator, or Teacher of the Year. Fortune would do well with a Business career. Branches could maybe split off into CEO or Day Trader branches.

But my main love and infatuation would be an Archaeology Career which works with the Nature aspirations.

1. Display Cleaner
    - Working at the history museum is a winding road. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Yours begins with a push broom.
    - Reward: NONE
    - Promotion Requirements: Clean one sink, bathtub, or shower. Read one Non-Fiction Book.

2. Night Watchman
    - After long hours picking up discarded pamphlets, you're now being trusted to make sure the exhibits never leave the museum at night. So equip your trusty snap activated flashlight and witty banter. You are now a Night Watchman.
    - Reward: Museum Standee.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 3 of Charisma Skill. Have 2 Friends.

3. Museum Receptionist
    - You've heard the recorded narrations so often you can recite them by heart. You've seen the displays so many times you've memorized the steps to reach them. For your expertise, they have made you the Museum Receptionist.
    - Reward: Enthuse about History Social
    - Promotion Requirements: Enthuse about History with 3 other Sims. Find a Fossil.

4. Fossil Fixer
    - Based on your meticulous record, you are now being allowed behind the scenes as a Fossil Fixer. Excitement awaits spending hours hunched over a table, staring a fossils through a magnifying glass, and cleaning off dirt.
    - Reward: Mummy Tomb Map, New CAS Parts (Multi-Lens Glasses)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 3 of Logic Skill. View or Admire three sculptures.

5. Tour Guide
    - After back-aching labor working with tiny brushes and chisels, you are now a Tour Guide given an even more monumental task; Leading children through exhibits and keeping them off the dinosaur skeletons. The horror!
    - Reward: Research Natural History on the computer. Display Plaque.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 5 of Charisma Skill. Research Natural History for Three Hours. Go to work feeling Focused.

6. Exhibit Expert
    - Now that you're an Exhibit Expert, the Curator clique has been snickering at you behind their bowties and thick rimmed glasses. But you'll show them. You'll show them all some day!
    - Reward: Golden Pharaoh Bust.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 5 of Logic Skill. Find Three Fossils.

- Then it branches into the Head Historian and Tomb Raider paths. -

Head Historian Branch
    7. History Buff
    - You've come this far and now you have a bowtie of your own. You can now call yourself a History Buff. When people see you, they may laugh, but hey; bow ties are cool.
    - Reward: Fancy Rope Fence
    - Promotion Requirements: Own a Microscope. Use Microscope for three hours.

8. Curator Companion
    - The eccentric Curator of the museum invited you into his 'office' (a small blue police box) to promote you! Congratulations, you are a Curator Companion. Gee, it sure looks bigger on the inside...
    - Reward: Softbeams TM Spotlight. Bore to Death Social. (Applies Bored status on targets, while increasing friendship.)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Logic Skill 8. Bore three Sims.

9. Archaeology Professor
    - The famous Doctor Bones has promoted you to Archaeology Professor. Many ask what gave him the right, but he's a Doctor, darnit!
    - Reward: Dinosaur Skeleton Statue. Ability to Write a History Book.
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 8 Charisma Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write a History Book.

10. Head Historian
    - And they all said you'd never make it, but here you are, in charge of the museum. Truly a king among nerds. Congratulations, you are a Head Historian.
    - Reward: Connery Corner Collectible Case (Can be used to hold up to 8 single tile tiles or 16 small tiles items, including fossils, metals, gems, and My Sims Trophies.), New CAS Parts (Curator Outfit, with tweed jacket, suspenders, and bow tie. Something very Doctor Who-ish. Available on both genders.)
    - Promotion Requirements: NONE

Ruin Raider Branch

7. Bone Digger
    - Your days spending time amongst old objects inside dusty buildings are over! Feeling the need to stretch your legs you can now explore the world to discover NEW old objects inside dusty buildings.
    - Reward: Burn Proof Wall Torch
    - Promotion Requirements: Own a Helicopter*. Launch Helicopter three times.

8. Relic Finder
    - With your trusty duster, whip, and fez-hatted chum, you're now in the business of treasure. Her sirens' call lures you to seek out new adventures as a Relic Finder.
    - Reward: Priceless Pirate Ruby, Brag about Adventures Social (Applies Energized moodlet on targets, while increasing friendship.)
    - Promotion Requirements: Reach level 4 Athletic Skill. Brag About Adventures with Three Sims.

9. Avid Explorer
    - Being an Avid Explorer requires cunning, skill, and rugged charm. Keep moving forwards! No really, there's a giant boulder rolling after you!
    - Reward: Anubis Statue, Ability to Write an Adventure Book.

10. Ruin Raider
    - No matter how dark or trap infested, your brains and talent have made you a world-class explorer. Congratulations, you are a true Ruin Raider.
    - Reward: Mummy Sarcophagus (Interactable for Sleep, Applies "Slumbered like a Mummy Moodlet" boosting Confidence.), New CAS Parts (Raider outfit. Something "Indiana Jones" or "Nathan Drake" for guys, and something a bit more "Lara Croft" for Ladies.)

***The Helicopter is an idea for a new Skill Object like the Rocket Ship. You build a trusty chopper, and can go on choose your own adventure missions exploring ruins, fighting bad guys, discovering treasure, diving into sunken galleons, etc. Using this object will grant random Metal/Fossil/Gem collectibles, or even Postcards. If the helicopter is not feasible, then I leave it to your judgement.

Rewards for all careers could include an Egyptian bust, an old map, a Museum Standee, and a display plaque. Historian branch will get you fancy spotlights, a fancy rope fence, a dinosaur skeleton statue, a nice display case for collectibles, and a CAS Curator suit. Raider branch will get you a priceless ruby decorative object, Anubis statue, wall torch, a sarcophagus you can sleep in, and CAS outfits subtly resembling Indiana Jones.

New interactions let you enthuse about history, talk about fossils, joke about mummies. Promotion requirements involve reading books, collecting fossils, and increasing the logic skill.

It would be neat if there was also an Archaeology or Collecting skill which is raised when you use dig spots, or with that helicopter skill object I mentioned which, like the rocket ship, does a choose your own adventure for exploring tombs and things. Collecting skill improvements let you...
    Lvl 1 - Learn the Skill
    Lvl 2 - Dig faster
    Lvl 3 - No change.
    Lvl 4 - Find uncommon items more often.
    Lvl 5 - Reduce frog breeding cooldown
    Lvl 6 - Sell for more.
    Lvl 7 - Free Geo Council mail-ins
    Lvl 8 - Get additional items from deposits
    Lvl 9 - Find Rares more often.
    Lvl 10 - "Identify Object" action so you never have to call the geo council.

Thoughts?

Fantastic idea!! I like it
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Love it but I think it will be even more cool if they added this to GTW, which is never going to happen. *sigh*
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    They already run around digging up stuff so this would be a good addition to that. I like it.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I would totally LOVE this!!!! Would love a GP or expansion that focused more on collections or provided more places and secret lots to explore.
  • Options
    JesxSimsJesxSims Posts: 526 Member
    edited September 2015
    Great idea! This needs to happen :D This would be great in some kind of World Adventures expansion pack with exploring tombs as a goal for Ruin Raider path.
  • Options
    anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    OH! I love this idea! *jumps up and down excitedly * Yes please!