Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dishwasher's

natjadebabenatjadebabe Posts: 148 Member
My sims seem to prefer to go all the way into the basement bathroom to wash the dishes than use the dishwasher which is right next to them, unless manually selecting 'load dishwasher'

It's like they're frightened of this modern day invention. :D

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My sims seem to prefer to go all the way into the basement bathroom to wash the dishes than use the dishwasher which is right next to them, unless manually selecting 'load dishwasher'

Mine use the dishwasher all the time.
  • Options

Mine use the dishwasher all the time.

Huh, really? Why are my Sims afflicted and not yours? :p
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    edited September 2015
    My Sim only uses the dishwasher when there are dirty dishes that need to be collected. You know invisible glasses... that's the only way they will use it.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Mine would rather do the dishes in the bathroom as well. Even when I instruct them to load the dishwasher they don't. Glitch maybe?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Mine uses the dishwasher when they have a lot of plates. Most of the time when they only have one plate, they would use the sink. I put a sink in the kitchen, just in case.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GreyhoundMamaJGreyhoundMamaJ Posts: 87 Member
    Mine never use the dishwasher, even when I've instructed them to. It's very frustrating.
    Find a fast friend...adopt a Greyhound!
    My Origin ID is japowell6
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Moved to Bugs & Issues section for more visibility. Will pass this along to our QA team.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Perhaps try moving the position of your dishwasher in your kitchen and see if that helps. Also, test to see if the same issues that you have with dishwashers occurs in just one household or home, or if the same issues occur in other homes /households in the same game or in a new save game file.
  • Options
    @rosemow , the same issue has happened in two of my households. I've come to the conclusion that it's a glitch. My game seems prone to all the glitches.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    @rosemow , the same issue has happened in two of my households. I've come to the conclusion that it's a glitch. My game seems prone to all the glitches.

Hello.
    If you are having other glitches in your game as well, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues that you are experiencing have been fixed. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to see how the game is working.

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Hi,

there's been similar reports in the bug forum here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-use-dishwasher-that-s-in-the-room-if-sink-is-closer/td-p/4714172

It was also reported that they don't use it if there's only one dish to clean and start to use it more if it's a pile of dishes.

Anyways, feel free to add your voice to the thread.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I've now had a chance to play through all my households and it seems that most sims prefer to wash a dish or a glass in a sink. Unless you have very little space you need both a kitchen sink and a dishwasher. Shelves over sinks seem to prevent sims from washing dishes in them.

As to sims washing the dishes in the bathroom? My theory of sims is that they prefer simple straight lines even if it seems that they have to go further (as we perceive it) to do something. It's not perfect and it doesn't effect how I arrange my houses, but it makes me feel better when I tell my sim to read a book and he takes it across the street to sit on bench when there's a perfectly nice chair to sit on at home. ;)

Also, I repair my game frequently. After which I restart my computer.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I've had that bug occur in my game too and thank you crinrict.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller