Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Feel Sad, But I Have Something To Say:

picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
edited September 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
So, this is the place for forum ideas and feedback, right? I'm just gonna say it and put my opinion out here. I think this forum is slowly, but surely, decaying. and someday (I think it will be soon) This forum will be no more, or at least abandoned. Now this forum has got more popular again, which is good; I love meeting fellow simmers, but, I really do think that the forum staff will get lazy and won't punish people for trolling and then people will rule these forums and before you know it. Bam! There you have an abandoned, fell-apart forum. I feel sad, really sad actually, saying this, because this forum means so much to me (I've met some amazing, and not so amazing, people) But, I feel that this is the start of this place going downhill. Very quickly! And I do think I will be leaving as soon as this place gets too much, because I will say one thing, I won't be around then to say, "I told you so!"
Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif

Comments

• Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    I feel you pain pickles. :'(
    #DaFeels
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    #DaFeels

Yep, but for once I'm being completely serious. Unless a massive games company gets sold the rights to the sims 4, this place will be dead. And sims 4 will be dead.
  • Options
    #DaFeels

Yep, but for once I'm being completely serious. Unless a massive games company gets sold the rights to the sims 4, this place will be dead. And sims 4 will be dead.

Wait TS4 isn't dead...?
    Oh god, I need 2 stop.

But I think its sad that you've turned to feeling this way...
    I've said many times that gurus need to pay more attention to us.
    I've even messaged them myself!
    Guess what? NO REPLY!
    And Rachel hasn't been on here since February...so all that listening to fans crap is a lie.
    #NOHOPE
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    #DaFeels

Wait TS4 isn't dead...?
    Oh god, I need 2 stop.

Guess what? NO REPLY!
    And Rachel hasn't been on here since February...so all that listening to fans crap is a lie.
    #NOHOPE

#THIS! I'm, just fed up with it all ya know. It's like Facebook. I have to admit that I hardly ever leave the activity feed. I just wish that I could manage this forum and sort it out! Lol #IWish!
  • Options
    #DaFeels

Wait TS4 isn't dead...?
    Oh god, I need 2 stop.

Guess what? NO REPLY!
    #NOHOPE

#THIS! I'm, just fed up with it all ya know. It's like Facebook. I have to admit that I hardly ever leave the activity feed. I just wish that I could manage this forum and sort it out! Lol #IWish!

#Ikr
    Sometimes I only visit this forum and go straight to activity.
    I don't even know why...
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    #DaFeels

Wait TS4 isn't dead...?
    Oh god, I need 2 stop.

Guess what? NO REPLY!
    #NOHOPE

#Ikr
    Sometimes I only visit this forum and go straight to activity.
    I don't even know why...

Because of the drama, well that's why I do anyway. I'm training myself not to go on it as much lol XD

• Options
    I really, with all my soul wish that they would sort this place out :(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    We'll said :smile:

A few changes are needed here for sure
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    We'll said :smile:

A few changes are needed here for sure

A few! Lol we need hundreds of changes on here to make it a decent place. They say that they want to "protect" the younger users when they can't even sort out some simple trolling. It's just a poor show. Someone could post something inappropriate and a staff member would punish them like three weeks later, when everyone has saw it! Thankyou for taking the time out to read this and reply :)

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited September 2015
    Have you been on the Internet lately? I think there is no such a thing as a troll-free zone. This forum is just a reflection of the interactions between users in a virtual community. I can assure you that you'll find trolling (and much worse to be honest) in other game's forums, mmos, YouTube comments, Facebook, etc. This site has to be one of the tamest forums I have ever seen.

There are a lot wonderful simmers here and I'm very happy to have joined this site. I really enjoy sharing my love for the game with you guys.
    Don't let a few immature/bored trolls ruin your enjoyment of the site. Drake does a great job removing offensive posts, so these "trolls" can only resort to pressing that insignificant zagadoo button, which really hurts nobody.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I'll say this, @picklesthecat114, you'd be amazed how much more lively this place was this time last year. You've not been here long enough to see those golden days and wonder "how the Plum did we get here?"
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Have you been in the Internet lately? I think there is no such a thing as a troll-free zone. This forum is just a reflection of the interactions between users in a virtual community. I can assure you that you'll find trolling (and much worse to be honest) in other game's forums, mmos, YouTube comments, Facebook, etc. This site has to be one of the tamest forums I have ever seen.

There are a lot wonderful simmers here and I'm very happy to have joined this site. I really enjoy sharing my love for the game with you guys.
    Don't let a few immature/bored trolls ruin your enjoyment of the site. Drake does a great job removing offensive posts, so these "trolls" can only resort to pressing that insignificant zagadoo button, which really hurts nobody.

I know, but for a game about sims, it's just too ridiculous, I know Drake does an amazing job and I feel like their isn't enough staff to monitor this site. But, for a forum that is just for discussing sims, do you really think this is necessary? I just think it's too much. And as for EA... don't let me start on them!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited September 2015
    Please give us a friends list as I only want a select few to be able to see my wall* posts.

*Forgot that part.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe letting banned users come back a few days after being banned is not a good idea. When I got banned last year I was gone for a month and since changed my outlook on things and no longer need to be a 'hater' just for the sake of it

But I would like to see a blocked feature to prevent some people from commenting on my wall posts
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe letting banned users come back a few days after being banned is not a good idea. When I got banned last year I was gone for a month and since changed my outlook on things and no longer need to be a 'hater' just for the sake of it

But I would like to see a blocked feature to prevent some people from commenting on my wall posts

I totally agree, but It won't be added, I just don't think that they would bother

• Options
    LadyLindsay26LadyLindsay26 Posts: 151 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Have you been on the Internet lately? I think there is no such a thing as a troll-free zone. This forum is just a reflection of the interactions between users in a virtual community. I can assure you that you'll find trolling (and much worse to be honest) in other game's forums, mmos, YouTube comments, Facebook, etc. This site has to be one of the tamest forums I have ever seen.

This <3
  • Options
    This <3

Whoa, Brooke, I didn't expect you to be here, It's good to know that you agree :)

• Options
    So, don't be surprised if drama starts again and I leave, because I have literally had enough.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello @picklesthecat114 I appreciate you sharing your opinion. It is really helpful to me if you can explain some of the things you would like to see that you believe would help make this a place you could enjoy again. I may not be able to implement everything but I would love to at least try :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Thankyou for listening to us Drake!
    U are one of my favourite gurus!
    There are many things that I feel should be improved (I know you didn't ask me but I've waited so long to be heard)
    I feel that there aren't enough polls about the game itself on here, just a note for next time you guys get ideas and want them to be approved :) .
    I just feel that we also should be able to block people from posting on our profile or by PM.
    Thanks 4 listening :)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Hello @picklesthecat114 I appreciate you sharing your opinion. It is really helpful to me if you can explain some of the things you would like to see that you believe would help make this a place you could enjoy again. I may not be able to implement everything but I would love to at least try :)

Well, for starters.. seeing people who have been banned for harassing other users allowed to come back 2, 3 and 4 times on new accounts is very disheartening.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The community does feel really divided. I think a lot have just left because there just isn't much hope they have for the game anymore. Or they moved to different gaming sections of the forums like the Sims 3 section.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    There are many things that I feel should be improved (I know you didn't ask me but I've waited so long to be heard)
    I feel that there aren't enough polls about the game itself on here, just a note for next time you guys get ideas and want them to be approved :) .
    I just feel that we also should be able to block people from posting on our profile or by PM.

I am looking into allowing the use of polls by users, though it would probably remain in certain sections as it wouldn't be relevant to some areas.

I am currently exploring a friend list type option that would allow you to determine who is allowed to see your wall activity and to make the ignore button work for more than just blocking the ability to PM.
  • Options

Well, for starters.. seeing people who have been banned for harassing other users allowed to come back 2, 3 and 4 times on new accounts is very disheartening.

I have been working on newer / updated rules and this topic will be covered in that.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

I am looking into allowing the use of polls by users, though it would probably remain in certain sections as it wouldn't be relevant to some areas.

I am currently exploring a friend list type option that would allow you to determine who is allowed to see your wall activity and to make the ignore button work for more than just blocking the ability to PM.

Speaking of wall activity, I did PM you once before on this but I realize you don't have the time to reply to each and every PM that crosses your screen, but the ability to fully edit one's own "wall" would be nice, by that I mean the ability to remove my own, outdated posts along with those of others. For example, it feels the need to automatically post when I change my profile picture, well, after a time i see that as clutter because it's obvious to anyone who has seen me post knows I changed the avatar.

I'd like to remove those after a time, along with the previous avatar changes that go back months.

Not exactly on the topic of troll control but it does go to "autonomous wall content management".