Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Feel Sad, But I Have Something To Say:

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LadyLindsay26LadyLindsay26 Posts: 151 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    *tosses hands in the air* Fear Mongering...

I really hope you do not believe and implement everything she says. I have noticed you seem to and I hope that you don't give into permanently banning people.

Why can some get their user name changed and not everyone?

If we can't have more than one account will my other account be banned?

How many chances are you going to give people? One, two...? This makes me so sad because one day I might not acutally be able to give my opinion because I got so many disagrees and now I'm banned- Wonderful.

Ponder is on her 4th account name lol. That rule applies to her more than anyone else I think.
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member

I really hope you do not believe and implement everything she says. I have noticed you seem to and I hope that you don't give into permanently banning people.

How many chances are you going to give people? One, two...? This makes me so sad because one day I might not acutally be able to give my opinion because I got so many disagrees and now I'm banned- Wonderful.

Ponder is on her 4th account name lol. That rule applies to her more than anyone else I think.

What do you mean 4th account name? She obviously got her name changed by asking sim guru drake.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    If someone is breaking the rules than report them. They get banned, they come back, they get reported, they get banned.

This process can take months, all the while these users are making the forums a very unpleasant place to be.

The people who end up leaving are the ones fed up with this broken system.

Who? You haven't left. I haven't left. I've been trolled, stalked, picked on, made fun of... had posts Zagadoo even when I say Happy Simming.

There are people leaving because they don't like the game. There are people leaving because they can't take a discussion as something not personal, there are people leaving because they start making snarky remarks and get called up for it.

People leave and different people come.

It doesn't take months. It might have used to but I see people get tossed behind bars very quickly. Maybe that is what should be asked for- More and better Moderation. Quicker replies to harassment and Bullying and Trolling.

I don't want an Automated System. I also want the right to fight the charge of Harassment, Bullying, and Trolling. Just because someone lols or Zagadoos someone doesn't mean they're trolling or for it to be taken personal. Well, we all do but we have to remember not to.

So, I disagree with you and your call to have everyone toe your line. Toe the forum rules, yes-- be banned but given more chances.

I'd like for the site to have to be registered game to make an account. That is something I can agree. :mrgreen:

Let's be clear here, I'm talking people who have had multiple chances and multiple accounts. Warnings are issued here and yet the behaviour stays the same. Bans are issued, and yet the same users come back time and time again mocking moderation and still harassing others. I am not asking for automated bans, so I'm not sure where you got that.

How many chances should a person get? If person A is issued 12 warnings on each account, how many accounts does that person get? And if there is no limit, how effective are the forum rules?

Infinite. How are you not talking automatic if they can't make a new one?

I want as many as I want. I might just want more. The rules stay the same. Lol- you're kidding right? Rules don't change. As long as I don't troll with my accounts then I can have more accounts.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

What do you mean 4th account name? She obviously got her name changed by asking sim guru drake.

RF asked why only some can get their names changed and i mentioned that the person complaining about it has changed their name 4 times now.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'd like for the site to have to be registered game to make an account. That is something I can agree.
    This is what I have been asking for for the better part of a year now. I really think it would make a difference.

Were you around the forum for TS3? Having a registered game might make it a bit harder to have multiple accounts but it certainly didn't stop it. That forum also had it's share of insults, disagreements and trolling.

I've said it before and I'll say it again......the best thing to do is report and move on....or just move on. Every time someone responds to a post that's insulting or toll like you are feeding into the drama.
    I usually don't respond. But my heart goes out to the OP and therefore I am speaking up in her thread. Something needs to change, even if it only slows down the harassment.

I'm sympathetic to the feelings of the OP but I disagree with the reasoning. If this forum is going to die it's not because of trolling, zagadoos or anything else in that vein. I too think this forum is not what it was but it's the game not the players that is killing it.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    I'd like for the site to have to be registered game to make an account. That is something I can agree.
    This is what I have been asking for for the better part of a year now. I really think it would make a difference.

Were you around the forum for TS3? Having a registered game might make it a bit harder to have multiple accounts but it certainly didn't stop it. That forum also had it's share of insults, disagreements and trolling.

I've said it before and I'll say it again......the best thing to do is report and move on....or just move on. Every time someone responds to a post that's insulting or toll like you are feeding into the drama.
    I usually don't respond. But my heart goes out to the OP and therefore I am speaking up in her thread. Something needs to change, even if it only slows down the harassment.

I'm sympathetic to the feelings of the OP but I disagree with the reasoning. If this forum is going to die it's not because of trolling, zagadoos or anything else in that vein. I too think this forum is not what it was but it's the game not the players that is killing it.

I agree.

- Harassment should be reported but that's not killing the site. People will leave, people will come. In and Out- it's always been.
  • Options

Nope, it's the staff, the game is fine, (well not really, but I think it's more the staff) if the staff weren't useless (sorry staff) it wouldn't have turned into such of a war zone. Lol I didn't know that this forum was the trenches.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Lol these forums are gonna die because you can no longer say anything without getting attacked. Say something nice? It's gonna be considered trolling. Say something not so nice? It's a personal attack and you get reported.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

Are you kidding? I've only been in compliance with the rules. I allowed them to close my old account because I wanted a name change but had already used my one-name-change-per-account.
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Lol these forums are gonna die because you can no longer say anything without getting attacked. Say something nice? It's gonna be considered trolling. Say something not so nice? It's a personal attack and you get reported.

Nope. It's starts with a kinda negative comment, then they keep egging people on, causing a bomb of arguments.

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I really hope you do not believe and implement everything she says. I have noticed you seem to and I hope that you don't give into permanently banning people. @SimGuruDrake

I take all feedback into consideration. It does not mean that the one individual will be the influence it just means that I respect that they shared their opinion in a constructive way.

If anyone comes to ask for a name change myself and the other moderators happily oblige. We do limit the amount of times you can change your name to only once a year.

You are technically not allowed another account. We understand that some users have family members who may visit the forum and also play The Sims and if so they should reach out to the moderators to let them know otherwise the accounts could be banned.

Disagrees do not play any role in how we handle moderation. If an account is banned it is due to a user receiving multiple warnings for breaking the rules. We already allow a second chance account to give people the ability to show us that they are willing to change and to follow the rules that we have set for this space.

Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Nope, it's the staff, the game is fine, (well not really, but I think it's more the staff) if the staff weren't useless (sorry staff) it wouldn't have turned into such of a war zone. Lol I didn't know that this forum was the trenches.

I guess trenches are in the eye of the beholder. After the announcement of TS4 the TS3 erupted into the "I can't wait till this comes out, I'M PRE-ORDERING" vs the "this has got to be the most plum game ever and it already sounds terrible" people. It had the arguments, the "haters" the "🐸🐸🐸🐸" remarks and all the rest of it. The TS3 forum remained a vibrant place to go to up until it was made read only and people were sent here.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Yes, and trolling can be a positive comment made with sarcasm. It's anything used to start a fight or put down another user.

Report it and move on. Replying is going to just make it more toxic. Or give them a Happy Reply and a Smile- Trolls hate that. ;)

... Wait, we get 1 re-name? Never could before. So some here are people I knew in different names when I couldn't change my name years ago? The Plum?

Now I feel weird around you all. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I really hope you do not believe and implement everything she says. I have noticed you seem to and I hope that you don't give into permanently banning people. @SimGuruDrake

I take all feedback into consideration. It does not mean that the one individual will be the influence it just means that I respect that they shared their opinion in a constructive way.

If anyone comes to ask for a name change myself and the other moderators happily oblige. We do limit the amount of times you can change your name to only once a year.

You are technically not allowed another account. We understand that some users have family members who may visit the forum and also play The Sims and if so they should reach out to the moderators to let them know otherwise the accounts could be banned.

Disagrees do not play any role in how we handle moderation. If an account is banned it is due to a user receiving multiple warnings for breaking the rules. We already allow a second chance account to give people the ability to show us that they are willing to change and to follow the rules that we have set for this space.

No where in your rules did it say I could not have another account- in TS3 days. This was when it was made- when EA messed up and partially banned my account and it took them over 3 months to fix- going up the chain in Customer Service.

If you delete Rflong13 then please delete this one too. They are both mine and if one goes, I don't care to have the other.

I want to know now if you are going to delete it.

(Is it posted somewhere that we can change our user names? I don't remembeer seeing it in the rules )
  • Options
    Changing name once a year...this forum has been up only a year and the person i mentioned before changed theirs 4 times. If that isnt bending the rules for someone than what is?
  • Options
    Changing name once a year...this forum has been up only a year and the person i mentioned before changed theirs 4 times. If that isnt bending the rules for someone than what is?

Lol you can't talk, your on your 2nd or 3rd account, when you've been harassing lol! Isn't that worse?!
  • Options

Lol you can't talk, your on your 2nd or 3rd account, when you've been harassing lol! Isn't that worse?!

This is my second account and like @SimGuruDrake said everyone gets a second chance :)
  • Options
    I guess, I'm sorry, :)
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member

Yes, I will not have this hanging over me. Please answer me now- Will this account be banned? It has my worlds from years ago, houses and lots and lots of pictures of years of world sharing in TS3 but please... Ban it and My Rflong7 account if it's not allowed. I will not stay and make a new one because it doesn't mean anything any more- there is no more The Sims 3 site.

So few wanting to control so much as if there's an award in it.

I need this settled so I don't have to worry about it. Both banned or leave me alone so I don't have to feel like some bad child.

Rflong7/13
  • Options
    Not that I need to justify anything because it's been squared away with simstaffbethelle but...

My original name was SelenaGrey, I asked them to change it to Hawkgirl. I got bored of HawkGirl, and asked for another name change. They told me they would not grant another name change, so I asked if I could create a new account and they said yes and closed my old one. My new account name was ponderberries, I had not used a name change on that account, and I later asked for a name change to ponder_the_sim.

I have had 2 accounts, and one name change per account. That equals 4 names. I have never used both accounts simultaneously, and I have had no special treatment. I hope this clears things up.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Rflong13 wrote: »

Yes, I will not have this hanging over me. Please answer me now- Will this account be banned? It has my worlds from years ago, houses and lots and lots of pictures of years of world sharing in TS3 but please... Ban it and My Rflong7 account if it's not allowed. I will not stay and make a new one because it doesn't mean anything any more- there is no more The Sims 3 site.

So few wanting to control so much as if there's an award in it.

I need this settled so I don't have to worry about it. Both banned or leave me alone so I don't have to feel like some bad child.

Rflong7/13

Just want to say one thing because your 'control' comment got to me. I wasn't referring to people like you who happen to have 2 accounts on a technicality. You have done nothing wrong. I was referring to the people who harass others and have continued to harass others through multiple warnings and bans. I just would like something changed to stop or at the very least slow that down. Like game registration. I feel like you think I'm singling you out or trying to get you banned. I'm not. I just want a safe posting environment, and I'm suggesting ways I think will work.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am not leaving, but I won't be here as often as I used to and I've been mocked and trolled for being visually impaired. Is that okay?
    It's not ok and sorry to hear that. That's good you reported it. Things like that feel free to message SimGuruDrake or any of the other mods about it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Hello @picklesthecat114 I appreciate you sharing your opinion. It is really helpful to me if you can explain some of the things you would like to see that you believe would help make this a place you could enjoy again. I may not be able to implement everything but I would love to at least try :)

Well, for starters.. seeing people who have been banned for harassing other users allowed to come back 2, 3 and 4 times on new accounts is very disheartening.

I have been working on newer / updated rules and this topic will be covered in that.

Glad to hear it. It's well past due.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.