Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember the Ikea Stuff Pack from the Sims 2?

I would love another branded stuff pack like that, only with furniture and decor from West Elm, CB2, or Crate & Barrel. My least favorite thing about the game is how the furniture is either very cartoony or totally boring, and somehow, sometimes, they are mysteriously able to to make it look both cartoony and boring at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The Sims 4 furniture is easily my fave.

The Sims 2 was extremely hard to furnish with a theme, because most of the time a themed kitchen set didn't have a matching themed lounge set etc.
    Even the devs had trouble, in the Sims 2 UC there's one fully furnished modern house and even that was mildly full.

The Sims 3 was a bit better, but you had to use CASt to match alot of things, because you often couldn't match by style, so you had to match by texture.

The one thing I like about the "room system" in 4, is it forces devs to have themed items to fill a whole house. Rather than have a modern counter, and have no modern table to go with it (I'm looking at you Sims 2)

The furniture on the Sims 3 store was Bae. But I've reinstalled 3 with all EP'S and Stuff Packs and I find it hard to furnish a house without the store stuff. Store content really made 3 complete in that area

-

In 2 the pre-built houses were terrible. 3 was mixed. Sometimes good, sometimes bad depending on the style.

With the Sims 4, the devs did a great job furnishing all the houses. And it's because they made object "sets" to fill the whole house.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'd rather have a Wal-Mart Stuff.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I really want an Ikea pack again to be honest. I just love so much furniture from them. Like, I want an entire house set of Ikea stuff. Kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, mature bedroom, kids bedroom, den, office, outdoor. Just, everything really. Everything!!!!! O_O They just need to give us an Ikea game pack with an Ikea venue to go shop at and a ton of new furniture to buy, lol.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I LOVED the IKEA stuff pack. Actually, I loved pretty much loved all of the objects from TS2, but maybe that's just nostalgia.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    I would buy the plum out of an Ikea stuff pack for Sims 4. Ikea furniture was pretty much all I used in the Sims 2 after I got that pack
  • Options
    MarisoaMarisoa Posts: 50 Member
    I loved the Ikea and H&M stuff pack. The clothes from the H&M looks very outdated now, but my sims almost exclusively wore clothes from that pack.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    There is Ikea furniture cc all over tumblr of anyone's interested.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Ma & Pa stuff pack for your small town convenient store needs. With some new furniture to make on the wood crafting bench!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If EA made one stuff pack for several different furniture styles, one pack of furniture for every room (living, dining, kitchen, bath, adult bed, teen bed, kid bed, nursery, home office, rec room, etc,) would you be willing to pay for a SP of one style of furniture for an entire house?
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    kerryn96 wrote: »
    I would buy the plum out of an Ikea stuff pack for Sims 4. Ikea furniture was pretty much all I used in the Sims 2 after I got that pack

Agreed.

You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Oooh can we get Antropologie furniture, clothes, and decorative items too! Please!!!! I wuv me some Boho decor! Also I really Love Dot and Bo furniture. :) Mid Century Modern crushing...
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Aren't most of objects from TS4 already based of IKEA?
    tenor.gif