Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any simmers that play totally without CC

Comments

• Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I couldnt play without it ... I like my furniture and furnishings to match or complement each other , I cant do that with just what the game gives us
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I can't go without CC or mods. BUT I mostly use decorative CC. I never download entire sets, like a whole bedroom or something. I'll just download a plant or an alarm clock. I currently have a lot of recoloured Maxis window coverings because what we got is pretty sad. Everything must be Maxis-match, especially hair but I only have about 4 CC hairstyles and they are only modified versions of Maxis hairstyles. My game runs very smooth and I've never had major problems with mods. You just need to make sure you know what conflicts and if a patch could break anything you may have. I also try to build CC-free if I put stuff up in the gallery, although sometimes things are tagged with CC when I'm pretty sure I didn't use any. ):

I was a CC-addict in TS2 but I can't get into having gigs upon gigs of CC anymore. Most of it never gets used then!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Do you think there is any CC the replace missing content that you think should be in the vanilla version?
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    I do not use cc or mods. I used some cc in Sims 2,and a little in Sims 3.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    No mods or Cc in my sims 3 or 4. I did have some in sims2.
    If I knew how to install mods, I might be tempted.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've never used CC. I didn't know about it when playing TS1 and 2, and by the time I got to 3, there were warnings out about damage it might do. I tried Twallan's Story Progression mod, but didn't use it for long -- it kept marrying off the eligible singletons before my sim could even meet them!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I use both CC and Mods.

I think this is the first Sims game that I can do without CC because I love how the sims look, you can create very different sims without the need of CC, but at the same time this is the first sim game that I cannot do without Mods specially to stop the culling.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I used to be a big user of mods (in Sims games & others) but my computer knowledge isn't great so when it caused issues I was pretty much stumped. And a game like TS4 has so many issues of glitchy behaviour.

Also when a game is getting so many patches/updates in it's early life as TS4 I can't be bothered to keep installing & un-installing stuff all the time.
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Used cc and some mods in ts3 when it was all the rage, but midway went back to running a clean game cause I hated moving mods in and out before patches and waiting for mod updates.

I never used mods or cc for ts4 yet. Don't intend to either.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I didn't for the longest time. I do now - but only cc clothes, accessories, and shoes (no hair, makeup/skins, or build cc).
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    No cc here either!!! Im.... Technologically challenged? If I tried to download any mods or cc, I'm sure my laptop would somehow catch on fire with my luck.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    I use lots of CC for my community lots. Starbucks, Bath & Body Works, etc. I just download and install the whole set. Although I currently have no mods I did at the beginning but it was more of a hassle to have to update so frequently so I stopped using them. I have most of Twallan's mods in my Sims 3 game. I have 8 gigs of downloads in my Sims 2 game and 400 files in my Sims 2 mods folder. A lot of them are to stop autonomous behaviors like toddlers playing in the toilet, dance on toes, pillow fights, kicky bag, water balloon fight, stuff that's cute the first few times but them becomes annoying when that's all they want to do.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited September 2015
    I use some CC, just about all of it maxis match for CAS and I have used mods in the past for a specific bug or whatever but not at the moment as those bugs have been fixed now. I think the key to using CC is to keep it all really well organised in sub folders, that way if something goes wrong you can track it down pretty quickly. That being said, I haven't had CC cause any issues yet in TS4.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited September 2015
    I've always played Sims games on old or just not very good computers, so I never dared. I do have a much better pc now, but I'm not at all inclined to use either CC or mods. I did however make use of the Body Shop for TS2, but ended up removing everything I made because it made my game so slow.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I added CC because of the lack of flat ceiling lights and the false black and white colors of the game :/
  • Options
    UltraviolenxeUltraviolenxe Posts: 96 Member
    I wish I could lol. There's just so many cool stuff out there :p
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I have mods and a small amount of cc for ts3, but for ts4 I have no mods or cc. I may use them someday, but probably years from now when ts4 is finished getting all its patches. I really don't mind being cc free for ts4, but there are some mods out there that sound great.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I don't use CC or mods.

For me it comes down to time and convinience. I mainly snag a few minutes here or there when my kid is napping so I just don't have the energy to check if the mods work. I just want to play. One day when there is more free time I might start to play around with it :smile:
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I don't use CC. Or any mods. With The Sims 3 I was on a Mac, so I needed Twallan's Mods just to keep the game stable, but now I have a WIndows machine, so with The Sims 4 I'm mod/CC-free and loving it. :smiley:
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    No CC, No Mods B)
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    I play with a couple "necessary" mods, one cc maids dress, and one cc hair ribbon (both for story-telling purposes) other than that I would prefer to keep my game as close to CC-free as possible and all my builds are CC-free
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Never have never am going to.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    GuloGulo Posts: 68 Member
    In my gaming library I have a total of 1 mod/CC. Localized thieves guild jobs for Skyrim.
    Rest is all vanilla.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I use mods on The Sims 2 and 3. I love mods and don't like CC objects or clothes. I don't use anything in TS4, not even mods, because the game updates so constantly that is irritating when things break and I have to update or never use a mod again. I like stuff fitting in the game aesthetics, and CC usually is really different from what is in the game, but I have default skin and eyes replacement in The Sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I love using mods, I love using what creative people share for use in the game. Even if the game were perfect, I would still use cc if it was well done.