The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any simmers that play totally without CC

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    There are plenty who don't use CC, I however could never play it vanilla after using cc for so long.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    I did for those few hours and then I tried a lighting/no blur mod and then... well, if I even play this again I'm gonna CC the Plum out of it. :cookie:
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    no cc or mods except for sims 3 to control relationships
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I don't use CC. I only used mods with TS3 because they were necessary.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I don't use CC. But it's not because I don't want to. I fear the CC will cause a virus and I don't have time for that. Plus the software used to unzip... it's not like TS2 So I'll pass!
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    LynxaeLynxae Posts: 90 Member
    I currently play without using any CC. One day this MAY change, but at the moment I'm fine with a straight-up, completely Maxisified Sims experience.

Plus some CC, such as some hairstyles and clothing, looking really out of place in my opinion in the game. The quality or texture can be too different and for some reason that kind of irks me.
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I don't use it. I haven't since TS2. I just don't have the time to keep up with the maintenance that using cc/mods require. My game is probably as vanilla as they come.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited September 2015
    Wow I'm amazed by the replies, I didn't expect to get that many :) & I appreciate the feedback, & Like others have said.. I could probably do something that is a Maxis match. For me the only thing I would like is more color & pattern options for CAS & CAST, I know that since Sims 3 is no more, we lack that.. but I just feel like if I'm creating a character or getting furniture, that there isn't that diversity to make it unique. I've looked for stuff from other people, but I don't feel like there's a lot of search results when I look. Of course it has to match Maxis patterns like in game, I'm really perfectionist with that for some reason haha :p
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    My pc couldn't handle sims 3 without the aid of nrass's mods but apart from that I've been cc and mod free.
    Sims 4 is not holding my attention but I don't think cc will improve that, my style of gameplay just isn't there. It's pretty sad really. I'd say I've spent an average of 3 hours a day over the past 10 years playing sims but I don't think I'll look at the game again.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    I did for the first month, played completely vanilla. I do off and on now, but those 3D eyelashes were so hard to resist. There actually is some CC that matches the artstyle of the game so it works. Plus I had to mod out that MySims style grass. It was icky.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    I do have CC in Sims 2 mostly recolors plus 1 set of default eyes, skins, and beards.

No CC or mods ever in Sims 3 or Sims 4. I do own the entire Sims 3 store - all eps and sps of Sims 2 and 3 (I used to have all of 1 also). Sims 4 needs to be finished or I will never have more content for it - but I assure you it will not be CC. LOL.

Before you get the wrong impression I think many simmers do a great job on CC and mods - but I just prefer not to go through the hassles with CC and mods constantly needed to be updated, removed , replaced, etc , etc. Sims 3 I fixed the game myself so I don't have need for mods, and definitely don't need CC when you own the store and every pack made for the game. So sims 3 just doesn't need a thing. I do have user made worlds but I don't consider them CC when they are made with caw and have no CC in them.

Anyway just wanted to clear any possible misconception about CC or mods up because I don't use it in sims 3 or 4 - but I see nothing wrong if someone wants CC/mods in their game and they don't mind all the hassles. Sims 4 needs a lot more than mods or CC to help it - so - LOL - that is in my own viewpoint.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have used cc like hair in Sims 3, and mods like Nraas Overwatch I still use. Sims 1 and 2 I never used mods, I was quite young when playing but I have been trying to find a mod for the needs to go down slower on both of them or stop them completely in TS1 but can't find any I only find objects you can add to the game to do something similar but I want a mod that I don't have to interact with :smile:

I don't play with mods or cc in TS4, mostly because I want to give the game a try as it is and since its in the making we get new things like hair anyway. I also don't want to have to remove CC etc every time there is an update. Plus if I share in the gallery I don't want it to get flagged as cc if I only use a mod like Pregnancy for Everyone for example :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    MEEEEEEEE. I have never used CC in any of The Sims game. :) I do had to use mods once to make The Sims 3 more stable though. :)
    Yep, they all look uncanny valley to me. Though some of the mods are directly stated "Maxis style" (and they're a very good job at that), I still much prefer to use official contents. :p It's not with just The Sims but with all games. :)
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I don't use CC. But it's not because I don't want to. I fear the CC will cause a virus and I don't have time for that. Plus the software used to unzip... it's not like TS2 So I'll pass!

hmm, CC won't give you a virus unless you download it from a dodgy site or it's some bizarre executable file. Ts4 CC is a bit more of a hassle if you try to install a CC house since there's no package installation of the content. I've only had one bad experience with CC and it was a bad Ts3 hairstyle conversion to Ts4 - I didn't get it from the usual trusted CC sites but I was desperate at the time.

There's some great Maxis match CC out there, I am eternally grateful to Lumia for her work: Frankly, Maxis can give us even more hairstyles and body hair options etc.
    8113.jpg
    48-600x384.jpg
    86.jpg

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,730 Member
    I don't use CC either. And OP, you took the words right off my mouth. I like the semi-realistic-semi-cartoony feel the sims have. I used to use CC as well in TS2 but that's cuz I didn't like the hair and clothes options that they had. I like some of the male hairstyles and most clothes in TS4.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I use cc for Sims 3 and that cleaner from mts to sort out the bad hair from the good. I know it works for hair since I tried loading my game with it and it failed. It disappoints me greatly to find so much bad hair since I wanted to use it. But I am very picky so if I had a certain hair in mind for a Sim I try to find it. For Sims 4 demo strangely the cc hair turned blue for some reason.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    My cc history.

Sims 1: No CC, No Mods.

Sims 2: Some CC (mostly vehicles, a few build/CAS), No Mods.

Sims 3: No CC, 1 Mod (nraas Overwatch) I hardly played this iteration though.

Sims 4: No CC, No Mods.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I have 8.40 GB of cc for Sims 2...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I've never used any CC for any of my Sims games.
  • Options
    SlimerSlimer Posts: 116 Member
    I never used it in any sims. Sure I tried it out but ended up deleting it. I hate how the hair looks so different to the games hair and stands out. I don't mind clothes/objects. But its so much effort collecting it all.
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    I went CC mad in the Sims 2, but I quickly got bored by the lag and took it all out. I haven't used CC since. Not even pose player when I was telling stories with them in Sims 3.

I cant afford to replace my laptop if I virus it up either, so that kinda stops me.
  • Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    I play without CC and mods.....After Sims 3, I haven´t wanted to open that Pandoras box again *lol*
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Yeah, mostly.of Maintly becasue oof a lack a proper interface in-game to sort out all cc.

No time to sort out the good cc from the cc that is buggy, with crappy thumbnails and so on.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I need CC, Maxis doesn't always create the stuff I want to see in the game and I also need mods, heck, I have a big folder filled with Mods for everything Maxis refused to fix for the past games and this game.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I can't believe there are people who play without CC. I've used it since the sims 1. It makes the houses look gorgeous, it gives more variety and it makes the sims look more real, with more personality. Plus the long sessions of CC downloading are relaxing. :D I admire the work of the people who make CC, many of them don't charge you any money and their work sometimes is better than maxis'. And in all these years, CC has never broken my game. I still have my original sims 2 files, with the CC files I downloaded in 2005-2008 and it has never given me any problems.