Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lescott0127 Showcase Thread

MystsarkyMystsarky Posts: 55 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
This is my first lot post on here, I created this school yesterday to use in my school based stories/ the school mod :) Currently I have it on the 50 x 40 in Newcrest.

Front View
09-01-15_1-18nbspAM_zps0n848yi5.png

Close Up
09-01-15_3-17nbspAM-2_zpsp5nbcvv3.png

Back View
09-01-15_3-17nbspAM-3_zpshyaeufig.png

Back Area
09-01-15_3-09nbspAM-2_zpsskju36ki.png

Entrance Hall
09-01-15_3-14nbspAM_zps5wlfomwu.png

Nurse Office
09-01-15_3-16nbspAM-2_zpsqdkrjjzt.png

Headteacher Office
09-01-15_3-14nbspAM-3_zpsmkshpthq.png

Trophy Cabinet
09-01-15_3-16nbspAM_zpstzluqoef.png

Dinner Hall
09-01-15_3-16nbspAM-3_zpsp1u4unzn.png

Music Room
09-01-15_3-15nbspAM_zpsrowuzfiw.png

Media Room
09-01-15_3-15nbspAM-3_zpsmpbof8ec.png

Lockers
09-01-15_3-12nbspAM-2_zpszvncjja1.png

Art Room
09-01-15_3-12nbspAM-4_zpsugkdnaof.png

Library
09-01-15_3-13nbspAM_zps2mznafab.png

Classroom
09-01-15_3-12nbspAM_zpsbfl5zwh0.png

Boxing Room
09-01-15_3-10nbspAM_zpsm9pdvukr.png

Dormitory
09-01-15_3-11nbspAM_zpsncinsb2q.png

There's more to it that this but I'll leave that for people to download :wink:
http://www.thesims.com/gallery/0D0E3817503D11E58EBDDD3160E4BD92
Post edited by Mystsarky on

Comments

• Options
    francoesquefrancoesque Posts: 52 Member
    Beautiful school and a lovely showcase!

It looks a little eerie in the screenshots with no kids around. Reminds me of the scene in "If...." where the headmaster's wife walks around the deserted dining hall.
  • Options
    Thanks :smiley: and yes it does look a bit eerie! Whenever I tried taking photos with the kids in they all decided to start dancing XD
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Good job with the school! I love the grandeur of the architecture and the interiors! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Woodridge High School is a very nice build! :) The exterior design and layout of the build is very nice! It looks very grand! The roofing is very nice! Very nice clock tower! The flag pole is a nice touch in the front of the build. The flowers look very pretty around the base of the statue! Very nice porches! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build! The arches in the front entrance area look nice. The spandrels look very pretty how you have used them in the build. Very nice back area of the build! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. They will enjoy dining outdoors in the sunshine at the picnic tables. The hanging flower baskets lights look very nice in the front and back areas. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the school! Nice armchairs and sofa sitting area in the entrance hall for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting. It is great that you have a nurse office where sims can go to if feeling unwell. The red and brown wall paneling in the headmasters office looks nice. The degree on the wall and the nameplate on the desk are nice touches in the room. It looks great how you have created the trophy cabinet in the office! Very nice dinner hall! It looks very nice how you have set up the tables and chairs there, with different coloured dining chairs for each separate table. Sims will enjoying getting food from the glass display case to eat at the tables. The music alcove is nice. Sims will enjoy looking at the nice floral wall picture whilst playing the piano there. It is nice that you have a media room where sims can sit and relax on the sofa whilst enjoying watching TV or listening to music from the stereo. The art decor looks great in the art room! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. It looks very nice how you have a wall of bookcases in the library! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using a computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The boxing ring in the boxing room looks great! It is nice that you have a dorm in the build, for students to live at the school. It looks nice how you have set up the beds there and placed sinks at the foot of the beds.
    It is a very nice school! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the very nice comment @rosemow
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Very beautiful dear Lescott! Thanks for sharing on the thread with us!
  • Options
    Thank you @BreeMiles !
  • Options
    ivanzdueivanzdue Posts: 92 Member
    Fantastic school, super fav'd! :) I like very much this building. :#
  • Options
    francoesquefrancoesque Posts: 52 Member
    Just one note from playing with the school for a few days - the sims cluster in the lounge/games room on the ground floor. This is always a problem with schools, the poor little sims want to be entertained and comfy, and avoid the classroom like the plague.

Shove a few PCs on the desks in the classroom instead and you'll get a better distribution (although not as timeless a look for the school alas). They look quite studious when they're using them, too, although they're just playing games when you look on screen (although I suppose this is more realistic) - another trick to get them into less popular rooms is throwing a few stablets around as they tend to go in and tinker with them.

That's the only tweak I've had to make to have this as my main high school in my current world after five days of activities there. It's got everything you need, though - the music alcove is very handy as the tasks often say "play guitar" then "play violin", so having them all to hand looks good and plays well.

Hope you do a similar showcase for your elementary! I'm currently playing a teen heavy world, but I'll probably rotate to a younger group next.
  • Options
    @francoesque Yeah I didn't include as many PCs with this one as I did with my previous school, I actually run a mod that stops them running straight to the computer so I get a bit of variety out of them XD tbh I totally forgot I had one set when I was building (hence forgetting to add a PC room - oops). There might be a few other bits and pieces you'd want to change, I tested as much as I could but I'm sure I forgot something somewhere haha

and thanks @ivanzdue ! I've also got it set as a residential with the insides redone and a smaller version for an elementary school :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Next build! Woodridge Elementary School! I've placed it on the 40 x 30 in Newcrest next to the large 50 x 40.

Front View
    09-03-15_2-57nbspPM_zpsf1evqkuo.png

Close Up
    09-03-15_2-57nbspPM-2_zpso2dbijaw.png

Back View
    09-03-15_2-58nbspPM_zpsmoifet2j.png

Back Area
    09-03-15_2-58nbspPM-2_zps39jcxnkf.png

Entrance Hall
    09-03-15_2-59nbspPM_zpsuo97c2dv.png

Headteacher Office
    09-03-15_2-59nbspPM-2_zpsreenasdb.png

Nurse Office
    09-03-15_2-59nbspPM-3_zpspecisgu1.png

Dinner Hall
    09-03-15_2-59nbspPM-4_zpsvgtfbg4z.png

Lockers
    09-03-15_2-59nbspPM-5_zps9ba6yesw.png

Art Area
    09-03-15_3-00nbspPM_zps9djnxk4p.png

Music Room
    09-03-15_3-00nbspPM-2_zpschuqoi25.png

Science Room
    09-03-15_3-00nbspPM-3_zpskywrgsws.png

Library
    09-03-15_3-00nbspPM-4_zps973jcjqv.png

I've re used some of the High School rooms such as the offices, I felt that because they are meant to go together they should look similar and have things in common. In essence the Elementary is a smaller, kid friendly version of the High School :sweat_smile:

Download it here: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/9BE8BF68519D11E584FF496604DFD993
  • Options
    The exterior design of Woodridge Elementary School is so very nice! :) Very nice roofing! The clock tower is nice! The flowers look pretty around the base of the statue in the front of the building and the flagpole looks great there. The brick texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have done the balconies! Very nice backyard area! Sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship or monkey bar or enjoy swimming in the pool. They will enjoy harvesting plants from the gardening boxes. The bonsai elephants and llama there look great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the school! The entrance hall is very nice! The child mannequins look great there! Very nice wall paneling. The sofa seats look nice how you have placed them back to the back in the area, and the coat stand and magazine rack are nice touches in the room. It is nice that you have a headmasters office in the school. The nameplate is a nice touch on the desk. It looks nice how you have set up the dining hall similar to your other school with the different coloured seating for the separate tables, and the nurses office looks nice in this build as well. Very nice art room! The art decor items look great how you have placed them there! Sims will enjoy sitting at the art tables doing art work together at the same time. The music room is very nice! The floral painting is very nice for sims to look at whilst practising playing their musical instruments. Sims will enjoy looking out through the science room windows whilst doing experiments on the science tables. The green seating in the library looks very nice with the brown wall paneling. The bookcases look nice how you have placed them on the corner walls.
    Both of the schools will go well together :)
  • Options
    @rosemow thanks so much for the nice comment! I really enjoyed doing it and love playing with it now!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Next lot done: Newcrest Athletics!

Designed to be used with the Turbo Careers mod or as a gym. Here are a few pictures of some of the things inside.

Daytime
    09-03-15_10-44nbspPM_zpsvxvyeot9.png

Night Time
    09-03-15_9-57nbspPM_zpsrag6fyr1.png

Part of the basement
    09-03-15_10-44nbspPM-2_zpsgsz9rx0k.png

it also includes a small kitchen area, toilets, showers, changing room and swimming pool!

Download here: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/55E930A0528411E58F05E9244F74724B
    Post edited by Mystsarky on
  • Options
    Newcrest Athletics looks great! :) It looks very great how you have done the stands for sims to sit on and watch the field events! The running track looks great! Sims will enjoy listening to music through the wall speakers whilst outdoors. The fencing suits the type of venue. The sports poster and flagpoles are nice touches in the build. It is great that you have placed a wide screen TV in the build. The large digital clock looks great! It is nice that there is a basement gym in the build. The boxing ring is great! Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the stereo whilst keeping fit using the fitness equipment.
    It is a great venue for sims to visit for their athlete career! :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow , I'm glad you noticed all the little details I added :smiley:
  • Options
    ShesVeryNiceShesVeryNice Posts: 106 Member
    @lescott0127 Absolutely love your builds!
  • Options
    Thank you @ShesVeryNice !
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Saw your Newcrest Athletics on the Gallery yesterday and had to marvel at the realism. Excellent work!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @BryonyRae glad you noticed it! It fits just right in my world, I've just uploaded another career lot :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Newcrest Warehoses & Co.

Done for the criminal career in Zerbus mod, Turbo Careers. Or just use it as a regular gym etc

Front View
    09-04-15_10-27nbspPM_zpsian4azlk.png

Back View
    09-04-15_10-28nbspPM_zpsivkl5ghp.png

Ground Floor
    09-04-15_10-28nbspPM-2_zpsnoiixyqn.png

Boxing Area
    09-04-15_10-28nbspPM-3_zpsb8gfrnwx.png

Down View
    09-04-15_10-29nbspPM-2_zpsrqr2i4aq.png

Boss Room
    09-04-15_10-29nbspPM_zpsmseunnlp.png

High View
    09-04-15_10-29nbspPM-4_zpsgllmxc4s.png

Upper Level
    09-04-15_10-29nbspPM-3_zps6qziamdz.png

Download : http://www.thesims.com/gallery/540FB127535011E5872A496604DFD993
  • Options
    Newcrest Warehouses and co is a great build for the criminal career! :) The exterior design and layout of the build suits the theme well! The wire fencing and the brick texture of the exterior and interior walls looks great! It looks very nice how you have used the pillars, placed the windows and positioned the outdoors stairs! The air conditioning unit on the roof looks great ! The shelter in the back area of the venue where the open gate is , to keep watch on who is going in and out, looks great! The layout of the interior of the building looks great! It is great that you have set up an office for the boss. The lockers there look great, and the club looks threatening! Nice upstairs dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals in the microwave there or getting food and drink from the fridge to eat, whilst working in their career at the venue. The boxing ring is great! Sims will enjoy doing their fitness training there. The crates add to the feel and look of the build. It looks great how you have used the half walls to create study table nooks for sims to use the computers at the tables. Sims will enjoy watching TV at the venue. It looks great how you have placed the map between the TVs, for the criminals to decide where they will do their next criminal work. The sims will enjoy listening to music from the stereo whilst at the venue.
    The design of the career lot build is great :)
  • Options
    Thank you again @rosemow for your nice comments!
  • Options
    ivanzdueivanzdue Posts: 92 Member
    Newcrest Warehoses & Co. is fantastic for criminal career, it's like The Sims 3 criminal base. :)
  • Options
    Thank you @ivanzdue !