Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lockwood Tales (*Updated 8/30/15* Story 3: JoAnna)

StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
This topic is a sister thread of sorts to my Lockwood Legacy story (which can be found through the below image

lockwood.jpg

Simply put, whereas my main thread will follow the main story of my family this thread is going to have smaller stories about the various friends and acquaintances they meet. Basically little glimpses into the secondary characters lives and chances for them to get a bit more screen time. To be clear I have no plan for when I will do side stories. At the time of writing this I simply have the first one finished which I will post below. Other side stories will be done as ideas come to me likely in between main points in my main story. Most of these stories as far as I am thinking will not require you to have read the main story though various references to characters or events are possible and may go over your head if you haven't read the main story. To be as clear as possible I will list at the top of each story approximately when in the main story it takes place that way if you want to read the main story first and then fit the side stories in you can.

And I have now droned far more than I initially intended but one last thing and I promise I will stop and get to the first story. For those who enjoy these stories and or the main Lockwood Legacy storyline if there are any characters you would like to see a side story on, an event that is mentioned that you would like to see fleshed out, or some other side story concept from either the main story or one of the side stories then feel free to mention it. I make no guarantees that I will do it but I will take ideas into account and if I have an story concept I like for a character, event, etc that's been requested I will be happy to look into doing a side story on them the next chance I get.

Thank you to those who read the stories and I hope you enjoy them :)

Table of Contents
Page 1 - Story 1: Willow and Cecilia
Page 1 - Story 2: Tyler and Tara
Page 1 - Story 3: JoAnna
Post edited by StoriedStorm on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Willow/Cecilia part 1
    Takes Place: After Chapter 30, Before Chapter 35

in-the-woods.png

"We're in the woods" Gwen said gloomily as she and Cassie stared at the cabin in front of them nestled in the campgrounds of Granite Falls.

"Oh come on it's not that bad." Cassie replied cheerfully enjoying the fresh air.

"Al Simhara, Champs Les Sims, Shang Simla, so many places we could have gone for our honeymoon and your parents sent us into the woods."

it-can-be-fun.png

"I promise it can be fun, my parents and I used to go camping all the time when I was a kid, didn't your parents ever take you camping?"

"No, and that was one of the few things we agreed on. If I wanted to camp I wouldn't have worked so hard to have a nice house, I'd just live in a tent and save on bills."

Cassie just laughed "Well we aren't living in a tent out here, you did rent us quite a nice cabin."

"Are you sure there isn't anything better available? Maybe something that looks like it's from this century?"

give-it-a-chance.png

Cassie pulled Gwen into a tight embrace, a move she knew would lift her wife's spirits at least a little. "Just relax and give it a chance, the great outdoors might just surprise you."

"Hmmm" Gwen replied letting herself enjoy the embrace of her new bride. "I guess I can, but only because you asked so nicely." Gwen glanced up as they pulled apart her eyes noticing the bedroom through the front window bringing her trademark smirk to her face.

delay-the-outdoors.png

"We don't have to rush into it though. I mean it's already late afternoon and we drove all the way here, and you look like you could use a chance to rest after the trip. So how about we delay 'the great outdoors' a little bit and I can help you relax."

Cassie smirked in response "I take it you have some ideas in mind"

"A few" Gwen replied taking Cassie by the hand and leading her to the cabin. "And I guarantee you won't be disappointed."

"Alright" Cassie said in feigned reluctance. "If you insist I guess the great outdoors aren't going anywhere."

"Just remember, no more babies" Cassie stated with a smirk as the door of the cabin shut behind them.

back in Oasis Springs

babies-asleep.png

Meanwhile later that evening back in Oasis Springs Willow and Cecilia had just gotten the twins to sleep and headed out to the porch for some much needed relaxation.

Willow dropped down onto the bench with a breath of exhaustion "I had forgotten how tiring babies are. Was it really like that when Cassie was a baby?"

"Yes she most certainly was, though we also only had one. But think on the bright side babe, at least you have your glasses back so you can see clearly as you change the diaper."

settled-down-on-porch.png

Willow laughed at Cecilia's teasing as she snuggled up against the jovial woman enjoying the warmth of her wife next to her on the cool desert evening. "Yeah, I'm not so sure that's something I want to see clearly."

Cecilia laughed heartily in response as the two relaxed in silence for a few minutes watching the stars as they frequently loved to do.

"Thanks by the way" Willow said breaking the silence. "I know you told Cassie that it was just time to spend time with family, but I also know how much your career meant to you. I'm really grateful that you would give that up because of me."

still-in-love.png

"I'd do anything for you bony butt. You've been the light of my life since that crazy stunt you pulled."

Willow giggled at the memory "Yeah, some days I still can't believe I was that crazy."

"Well love makes you do crazy things, and I'm glad you did. I love you so much Willow."

Willow glanced over at her significant other happily at the sound of her name. Cecilia had so many little nicknames for Willow when they were alone together, but she only ever used her real name when she truly meant something.

"I love you to Cecilia"

i-love-this-story.png

Willow cuddled back up against her wife her mind wandering back to the event Cecilia had mentioned. "I really was crazy wasn't I." Willow commented.

"Absolutely" Cecilia replied with a laugh. "But it makes for such a great memory." Cecilia's face brightened as a thought hit her. "So, the twins are asleep, we're all nice and cozy here, and we have the rest of the evening to relax. Tell me the story, about how you and I met."

Willow laughed glancing over at Cecilia's eager face. Come on you remember it well enough."

"Yes, but I love this story. Please tell it to me." Cecilia scrunched her face into a mock pout giving her best puppy dog eyes in her bid for Willow to reminisce with her.

"Alright alright" Willow said unable to resist her wife's prodding. "Though if you remember right the crazy stunt came later.....

back-in-high-school.png

"It all started back in high school, on the first day of senior year....."

Thanks for readying and i hope everyone enjoyed the chapter :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Willow/Cecilia part 2

goodmans-class.png

"It was Mr. Goodman's class that I first saw you. I had just started my senior year and was dealing with all the stress that came with it when I first saw you, and as silly as it sounds it felt like time froze. Suddenly things like graduating, a job, the future, none of that mattered to me in that instant. There was just you, and in that single moment as much as it may sound like some teenage girls fairy tail I knew I was in love."

cecilia.png

"I was completely useless in class that first day. Mr. Goodman droned on about politics and the global economy and stuff like that but the fact that stood out to me wasn't part of the curriculum. It was when he took attendance and I first heard your name, Cecilia Henley. As time passed I gradually learned more about you. You and your family had just moved to town, your father was taking a job as the new aide to the mayor, your family wasn't rich but they were easily above middle class. And then there were other more minor things I noticed. The way your long hair hung down over the back of your blue sweater, the sound of your laugh, that smile that seemed to make my heart skip a beat every time I saw it."

"I was thinner then too" Cecilia commented half jokingly as she ran her hand along her now more ample waistline.

"Your perfect" Willow responded, "and I thought that then too."

willow.png

"But then there was me, your polar opposite. I was a nobody, my parents had passed away so I was on my own, I struggled to balance school and work, my hair was constantly messy and pulled back into a sloppy ponytail. I had no real friends because of my work schedule and for the most part people rarely ever noticed me unless it was to make fun of me. I wore thick rimmed glasses, simple low cost clothing, and had these weird purple eyes that people always gawked at so it wasn't like things to make fun of were in short supply to begin with."

"I like your eyes" Cecilia cut in as she leaned up against Willow.

"I know that now" Willow replied "but back then they were just another thing that made me different. Different from everyone else and especially from you."

popular.png

"Early on I thought maybe I could just go up and talk to you, but quickly the distance between us became apparent to me. You were almost instantly popular, constantly surrounded by friends between classes."

boys-attention.png

"On top of that Bennett, the most popular guy in school, was constantly flirting with you and had already made it clear that he wanted to date you."

why-even-look-at-me.png

"And even if you weren't interested in him you could have any guy in school. They all liked you and would jump at the chance if you so much as batted an eye at them so why would you ever go for the weird girl with the freaky eyes."

dylan.png

Willow suddenly broke into a slight laugh "The only guy who wasn't interested in you Was Dylan, Mr. Goodman's son. Looking back I think he actually had a crush on me for some reason not that that would have done him any good since I was infatuated with you. I kind of feel sorry for him if that's the case. He's the one guy who doesn't want the popular girl but the girl he does like wants her as well."

dream-of-telling.png

Willow leaned back on the bench as she stared off wistfully at the starry sky above them. "All I wanted was to tell you how I felt. There was this beautiful corner out front of the school that I liked to sit and read in on the rare occasion when I got the chance and I always dreamed of getting you back there for a moment and just saying it."

just-wanted-you-to-like-me.png

We were almost adults then so most of the guys probably had more forward thoughts in mind but honestly, I just wanted you to like me. I had so many scenarios in my mind of how I would pull you aside to that place to talk and just say it, tell you how I felt and then I would always smile when you told me you liked me as well and we would live happily ever after. As ridiculous as that sounds that was my dream....."

never-did.png

"But I never did, the school year gradually ticked away and I just couldn't get the courage up to take the chance. I could never even just talk to you let alone try and span the differences between us to try and admit that I was in love with you."

end-of-school-year.png

"And before I knew it the school year was over and all those dreams of pulling you aside between classes were fated to remain just that, dreams. But I had one more chance."

going-to-do-it.png

"Two weeks after the last day of class was graduation. It was my last shot, my last chance and I decided I was going to just throw my fears aside and tell you once and for all whether you returned my feelings or not. I didn't want to live with the regret of leaving high school not having taken that chance, always wondering what could have been. I even used what meager savings i could spare to buy some formal clothes, though those things were still hideous. I was ready, I would walk up to you and just say it once and for all."

"But you didn't" Cecilia replied softly already knowing what happened next.

graduation.png

"No, I didn't. I was there, I could see you in front of me, but you were with your parents. And I could hear you talking to them. They were so proud of you for graduating, you were talking about college, and you were wearing this beautiful blue dress. Meanwhile there I stood with my messy hair, cheap clothes, and barely graduating at all with my average grades. And despite all my confidence, all my determination. I just couldn't do it.

and-then-you-were-gone.png

And then you were gone. I'd missed my chance.

time-had-run-out.png

My time had run out.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Willow/Cecilia part 3

not-over-yet.png

Willow teared up as she thought about that day, the day when she had almost lost her chance with Cecilia forever. Cecilia pulled the brunette close into a hug. Willow had always been the more emotional of the two and she could tell that thinking about how close they had come to none of this wonderful life of theirs happening frightened her.

"It's okay my love" Cecilia said soothingly "Don't forget, the story isn't over yet."

With that as Willow curled up against her using what remained of the box of tissues from the Cassie and Gwen's wedding to dry her eyes as Cecilia picked up where the story continued.

year-in.png

"It was about a year and a half later. I was starting the second semester of my second year in college. A business major who had been making straight A's and had the world ahead of her. But something didn't feel right."

groan-as-she-shuts-off-the-computer.png

"That particular evening I was tucked away in my dorm room, studying for the start of classes the next day, in truth I was trying to distract myself from the feeling of unease I had been feeling all semester. That nagging feeling in the back of my mind just wouldn't go away."

something-missing.png

"Finally, unable to push back the feeling I just gave up on studying and lay down to try and get some sleep. I didn't know for sure what the issue was, everything had been going well for me, I was at the top of my class, my tuition was taken care of, and I knew that I was prepared for whatever the new semester was going to throw at me. But still that feeling kept pestering me. Repeatedly prodding at my subconscious, almost as though it was trying to tell me I'd missed something important. The best I could describe it is I felt like my life was incomplete, like that despite everything I had going for me I was still missing something important, I just couldn't put a finger on what. Looking back I think it was fate, trying to tell me that there was a certain someone who should be in my life but wasn't. Trying to make me realize that my life was missing you."

Willow smiled her tears dissipating for the moment "You're full of it some days you know that."

Cecilia a stared back at her a serious look plastered across her face "I swear, I could feel something was off even if I didn't know at the time what it was. Willow I promise I'm telling the truth."

Willow shook her head. As nice as that sounded and as much as she loved to fantasize about life being like the romance novels she loved to bury herself in, this sounded too far fetched to possibly be true. Though Cecilia had used her first name, and she had seemed genuine about this. Oh well, true or not it was a nice thought at least as Cecilia continued.

startled-by-knock-at-the-door.png

"It was at that moment as I was lying in bed wishing I knew what was bothering me that I heard a knock on the door of my room."

"It really startled me" Cecilia commented laughing "I couldn't imagine who would possibly be at my door at that hour of the night. But as I opened the door....."

face-to-face-for-first-time.png

".....I found myself face to face with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Wearing a white sweater with these gorgeous purple eyes and looking adorably nervous."

"Okay now I know your full of it" Willow said laughing.

"Okay, okay, maybe those weren't really the thoughts in my mind. But you were adorably nervous.

"I had full reason to be" Willow replied.

this-is-crazy.png

"It had been a hard year and a half" Willow said continuing from where Cecilia had left off. "After that day at graduation I'd felt horrible for weeks. I tried to force myself to move on, telling myself it wouldn't have worked anyway, but I just couldn't stop thinking about you and how I much I wished I'd gotten the courage to just go and talk to you. And then I did possibly the craziest thing I've ever done in my life. I decided that I wasn't going to let this be the end. For the next year and a half I worked my plum off. I took any part time job I could mostly computer related stuff. I saved every penny I could spare that wasn't needed to support myself, all with one goal in mind. To afford the tuition for the college I'd heard you and your parents talking about. A college that realistically with my grades wouldn't accept me any other way. The people I knew thought I had lost it, all that effort to talk to a girl I'd never actually talked to, a girl who likely didn't even know who I was. But I didn't care. All I knew was that I was miserable and that whatever the result I wanted to take the shot once and for all.

Willow leaned back on the bench, Cecilia's arm still wrapped around her. "And that evening was the culmination of that work. As the girl I'd dreamed about stood in front of me. Looking quite bewildered I might add.

finally-said-it.png

"But by that point I'd made up my mind, I'd worked to hard to chicken out again so I just took a deep breath and said what I'd wanted to say since that first day in Mr. Goodman's class. How I loved you, how scared I'd been to talk to you, how I'd worked to make it here so I could finally tell you the truth. I told you everything. And as I finished I told you that no matter how crazy it may sound that I loved you, and that I wanted to be with you."

creepy-but-adorable.png

"I have to admit" Cecilia said continuing the story from her perspective. "I thought that this might be the creepiest thing I've ever seen. This random girl shows up at my door in the middle of the night, professes her love to me, and tells me that she's been watching me since high school..... but at the same time it was kind of sweet. To think that you would go through that kind of trouble for me. That you would save up all that money for tuition, travel all that way, and risk everything standing there confessing your feelings at my door. It was oddly adorable."

braces-for-answer.png

"Meanwhile I just braced for your answer." Willow said. "I don't really know what I was expecting. Laughter, ridicule, the door slammed in my face, maybe even a call to the cops. All I knew in that moment is that I had said it and that whatever happened at least I'd done that much. And then you responded, I'll never forget those magical words."

okay-then-how-about-tuesday.png

"Okay then, how about Tuesday."

dating.png

"And like that we were suddenly together. We'd go on dates....

walking-through-park.png

"......go for afternoon walks through the park......."

dream-come-true.png

"...... it was like in that instant all my dreams had come true."

just-hoping-i-never-wake-up.png

"And on that day when you took me back to the site of our first date before dropping to one knee and asking me to marry you, I was just hoping I would never wake up."

but-it-wasnt-a-dream.png

"But it wasn't a dream, it wasn't a fantasy, it wasn't another of my scenarios in my head that would never actually come true. And when just 8 months after that night we faced each other by that arch and looked into each others eyes I knew that I was okay with waking up, because every time I did for the rest of my life I knew you would be there. My beautiful dream girl, who was no longer a dream."

didnt-know-what-was-coming.png

Little did we know what was coming next for us.....

And that's it for today's update. Thank you for reading :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Willow/Cecilia part 4 (final)

first-trimester.png

"That pregnancy caught us completely by surprise" Willow commented as the pair continued to reminisce about their life together.

"Well not entirely" Cecilia replied jokingly. "I mean we weren't exactly careful, or reserved for that matter. I remember that dorm room getting a good amount of use."

Willow's face went bright red as Cecilia laughed. "All these years together and that kind of stuff still embarrasses you."

"Well...." Willow stammered trying to think of what to say in response to her wife's teasing but before she could finish the sentence she was overcome with a fit of giggles as Cecilia started tickling her.

"It's fine cherry cheeks, you're adorable when you get all flustered. It just makes me remember why I was so happy to marry you."

"Your parents weren't so happy" Willow replied their reminiscing taking a gloomy turn.

dissaprove-of-drop-out.png

"Yeah they definitely weren't, though we couldn't really help it. They may not have approved of me dropping out of college but with a baby on the way we didn't exactly have much choice."

"They never did forgive me for that."

"They were just worried" Cecilia replied though she knew the statement didn't help much considering her parents had practically refused to have anything to do with Willow or Cassie from the time she had dropped out until their deaths.

"But there were good things too," Cecilia added ready to move on to a different subject "remember our first house?"

first-house.png

Willow's face burst into a smile "I loved that house, it was so cute, it was like something out of a fairy tail."

"I know, that's why I picked it out. I knew that fact about it would appeal to you, plus it's not like there were a lot of options within the budget of a couple of young drop out college students."

"That was a stressful few months. Between my pregnancy, our budget, and you doing you working wherever you could to try to support us. I think that was the point that made me realize this wasn't the fairy tale I always envisioned."

waited-on-you.png

"Maybe not, but it was still our life. And I wouldn't trade a moment of that time with you for anything no matter how stressful it might have been. Though admittedly you might as well have been in a fairy tale seeing as throughout that pregnancy I basically had to treat you like a princess."

"I was pregnant" Willow replied with a pout.

"You were a worry wart" Cecilia retorted with another round of tickling. "You were constantly afraid to do anything for fear of hurting the baby. If it weren't for that internship at the company I might have lost my mind trying to take care of you."

cassie-was-born.png

"But it all paid off in the end" Willow said with a smile. "That day Cassie was born I knew all the stress was worth it. Our own sweet little baby girl."

"Yeah" Cecilia replied in one of her rare truly sentimental moments. "Seeing you holding our baby girl is a moment I'll never forget.

"Though if we had know the terror she would grow into we might not have been as happy. Remember some of the trouble she and JoAnna got up to when they were kids?"

"Oh plum" moaned remembering the antics.

As two sat there laughing as the recalled Cassie's various antics growing up they heard a soft cry from the other room signalling that the twins had woken up.

time-flies.png

The older couple walked into the bedroom and gently picked up the two babies, for a minute just staring down at the two little girls as they rocked them back to sleep.

"And now that little terror has two beautiful kids of her own." Cecilia said with a touch of sadness in her voice. "It feels like just yesterday I held her in my arms just like this."

"Time flies" Willow responded as she watched Dawn drift back to sleep. "As happy as all these years with you have been it feels like they've gone by way to fast. I wish I'd been able to tell you when I first met you how I felt, if only to have had a couple more years with you."

"Hey now" Cecilia replied as they laid the twins back in their bassinets before settling down on the living room couch. "We're not dead yet. We've still got time left and even if one day that's going to come to an end, I'm just happy for the time I've had to spend with you violet eyes.

i-love-you.png

Willow smiled as she leaned in for a kiss. "I love you Cecilia"

i-love-you-too.png

"I love you too Willow"

And that's it for this chapter. I hope everyone enjoyed it, thank you for reading :)
  • Options
    SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    The ending was so sweet <3
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Tyler Part 1

Takes Place: After Chapter 30, Before chapter 40

waking-up.png

The sun still lay dormant as Tyler sat up in the bed. The sheets fell away as he straightened uncovering not only him, but the still dozing brunette who lay beside him, her hair sprawled across the pillow in an uncharacteristic fashion for the usually prim and proper young woman.

Groaning slightly at the sudden rush of cool air the woman's eyes drifted open as she looked up at Tyler's toned form sitting inches away. "Morning blue eyes" she said happily "you up for a bit more fun before we have to head to the office."

Tyler didn't even look back, honestly he didn't want to look at her right now, didn't want to think to hard about what he had done, what he'd been doing for the past few months.

"Not this morning Tara" he said gently, doing his best to bury the current thoughts. There had been mornings after like this before and they usually lead to Tara feeling hurt something he really didn't want to do.

one-of-those-mornings.png

Despite his attempt at hiding it though Tara could hear it in his voice as he headed over the dresser to pull on some clothes and immeadiately she already knew it was going to be one of those mornings.

"It's been six months" Tara said quietly knowing from prior experience what was bothering Tyler. "You aren't doing anything wrong."

"It's not that simple" he replied flatly as Tara stood and started to put some clothes on as well. "I..... it's just...."

move-on.png

"She left you" Tara said firmly her stubborn streak refusing to let this go quietly this time as it had in the past. "I'm sorry it happened and I get that it hurts but you are still allowed to have a life. Her face softened slightly as she stared back at him. "You're still allowed to be in love. I care about you Tyler, and I hate seeing you like this. Things ended between you two, you need to move on."

"I can't just move on" Tyler snapped. "She was my wife. We have a son."

"I get that" Tara said gently "and I'm not trying to take that away from you. But that doesn't change what happened. And it doesn't change the fact that I'm hear for you now as well. I just think you need to remember to live in the present, not dwell on the past. I love you Tyler."

Tyler stiffened at the words. It wasn't the first time she'd said it but it still got to him every time.

i-still-love-her.png

"I know" he replied as he paused to look back at her from the door "I love you to...." the words brought a brief smile to Tara's face "...... but I still love her as well."

It felt like she'd just taken a blow to the chest as the door closed behind him and he headed to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

Tara had suspected that Tyler still had feelings for his ex-wife, their divorce after all hadn't been his decision to begin with and Tara had seen how hard he'd taken it during the days after his ex had broken the news to him.

how-they-met.png

Rolling over on her side she stared around the room thinking about the whole situation. The walls of the room lay bare, all the paintings and decorations that had apparently once been there, now marked only by the remaining holes in the wall where they had been hung, had belonged to Tyler's ex-wife Kristen. Shortly after telling him the news she'd packed up all her stuff and along with their son moved out. Tyler had been a wreck from the whole experience.

That had been six months ago shortly after Tara had moved to Oasis Springs to start with and begun working at OA6. Before the divorce she and Tyler had just been coworkers. Afterwards they'd become friends as she became someone he could talk to, a friend he could confide in. It hadn't been until a couple months later that the two had taken things further when after a particularly rough argument with his ex the two found themselves at a bar sharing a few drinks as Tyler drank some of the pain away and before they'd known it had found themselves together in Tyler's bedroom.

fixing-eggs.png

Tara could hear the sound of Tyler scrambling up some eggs in the kitchen. He'd done that the first morning after as well. He always made breakfast when he felt he needed to apologize. That morning he'd felt guilty over the whole situation, he didn't want to lead her on and it hadn't been hist intent to take things to that level. She however had told him she loved him and that she was willing to take things slow so he could get over Kristen. As it turned out slow didn't work out so well as the two had quickly wound up back in bed together the next night, though it had been a couple more months before he'd told her he loved her back.

Despite that they still had mornings like this, where Tyler would wake up feeling like he was doing something wrong, but this was the first time he'd said he still had feelings for his ex. Tara had suspected at times, why else would he still feel guilty. But she'd hoped he would be able to move on, that they would be able to move on with their own relationship. But that hadn't happened and as much as she had suspected actually hearing it hurt so much worse.

A few minutes later Tyler called from the kitchen that breakfast was ready but his call was answered only by the slam of the front door.

feeling-hurt.png

Outside Tara quickly walked down the sidewalk away from the house. She had meant to just slip out quietly, she hadn't meant to slam the door. Or maybe she had. She could feel Tyler's eyes on her as she sped up her pace, tears rolling down her cheeks as she refused to look back at him right now. Maybe this would be the wake up call he needed to finally realize just how she felt.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Oh wow, I really felt for Tara in this chapter :( poor woman.

Sorry about the comment in the other thread ^^ I really like these little chapters
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I really felt for Tara in this chapter :( poor woman.

Sorry about the comment in the other thread ^^ I really like these little chapters

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. They are fun to write as well. They are a nice change of pace every now and then from the two main stories :)

• Options
    Oh poor Tara...so now everyone tells me the juicy office gossip!

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    SNDGIRL wrote: »
    Oh poor Tara...so now everyone tells me the juicy office gossip!

Thanks for commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter :)

• Options
    Tyler part 2

feels-bad-about-tara.png

Tyler was still thinking about Tara as he arrived at the park. He hadn't been able to fully stop thinking about her for the two days since she'd walked out. She'd never done that before, all the mornings he'd woken up next to her feeling guilty and she'd never just left like that. And he didn't blame her a bit for it, he knew how much it must have hurt her to hear him admit that he still loved his ex-wife, it hurt him as well to say it. But it wasn't something he could hide. He couldn't deny that he cared about Tara. She wasn't just some fling to try to get over Kristen, she had grown to mean so much to him over the last few months. But whenever he looked at.....

worry-fades.png

In an instant his thoughts were interrupted as he saw them. A young boy brown haired boy swinging from the monkey bars and nearby the woman whose name had just been about to run through his mind. Kristen.

In that moment he felt his worries fade as he looked at them. His family. The woman he had sworn his love to and the beautiful young boy they'd had together. The two people who for 9 years had been the center of his world.

hugging-cole.png

As he slowly walked up the 8 year old boy saw him and quickly dropped down from the monkey bars rushing over to throw his arms around Tyler.

"Daddy!" The boy cried out with joy as Tyler felt the impact of the running hug, returning it happily as he held his son close.

"Hey Cole" he said simply just savoring the moment, enjoying the overwhelming feeling of being able to hug his son.

father-and-son.png

"I was hoping you'd make it" Cole said enthusiastically as he finally let go of his father and bounced up and down happily. "Hey dad do you want to come play with me."

Tyler grinned back, he loved any chance he got to spend time with his son, and Cole being such an energetic kid always gave him plenty of opportunity. Though sadly he didn't get as much chance to take that opportunity as he would like. He'd always been able to make time around work at the news station but divorce had proven to be a bit tougher meaning that these moments meant so much more when they came along. Right now however he could feel the gaze from behind him telling him that playing with Cole would need to wait for a minute.

"In a bit Cole" Tyler replied. "I need to talk to your Mom first. Go on though, I'll join you in a few minutes."

shes-amazing.png

Turning around his eyes quickly found the woman who had been quietly sitting nearby watching.

She was so beautiful. That was all he could think as he stared at her. It felt like just yesterday he'd met her out in Appaloosa Plains. He'd been just starting out as a young reporter for the local news station while she was the daughter of a local rancher he was doing a profile on. The two had quickly fallen for each other and started dating shortly after. From there it had been a whirlwind romance at it's finest. The late nights just sitting on the porch talking, the early mornings lying together in bed with his arms wrapped around her, the simple wedding in which he had sworn his undying love for her, that joyous moment when he got to see her holding their newborn son. It had been some of the best years of his life. He'd thought it would last forever, he still wanted it to.

youve-always-been-great-with-him.png

As he approached she stood up and walked towards him still smiling that wide grin that had first caught his eye as she brushed her ponytail to the side from where it had drooped a bit to close to her cheek. "You've always been great with him" she commented as they stopped in front of each other.

"I do my best" Tyler replied "I just wish I had more opportunities for times like this. With both of you."

dont-start.png

"Don't start" Kristen said defensively her face drawing back into a frustrated look. "I've told you multiple times now it's over between us."

As she said it she bit at her lower lip, a tendency Tyler knew all to well as a sign that she was feeling reluctant about what she was saying.

Tyler stepped in close staring into her eyes and running his hand along her cheek as the two sat down onto the bench.

give-me-another-chance.png

"I love you Kris, you know that. And I can see that you still feel something for me as well. Please give me another chance. I'll do better this time if you will just give me the chance."

"You can't do better" Kristen replied feeling really flustered at Tyler's touch.

"Please" He begged "I don't want to lose you."

"You didn't lose me, I left." Kristen replied sliding away slightly to put a little more distance between them. "There's nothing you can do about this, you didn't do anything wrong to begin with, I just am not in love with you."

"I know that's not true." Tyler said firmly. "The way you bite your lip, the look in your eyes, the way you react when I touch your cheek. I know you Kris. I can see that you don't want this to end either.

i-left.png

"It's not that I want this to end, it just is something I have to do. Your kind, your funny, your handsome, your a wonderful father to Cole, your one of the most caring people I've ever met...... any woman could count herself lucky to be your wife."

"Then why." Tyler said his frustration clear in his words. "Why don't YOU want to be with me."

"Because I don't love you. And as amazing as you are and as much as I wish I could feel like that about you again I just don't. And continuing like that isn't fair for either of us. I need someone that I am in love with, and you deserve someone who loves you back. Someone like your friend from work.

Tyler sat up straight a look of surprise on his face. "You.... you knew."

"Yeah I saw you two together once."

"I'm sorry Kris. I shouldn't have...."

"I'm not angry." Kristen replied. "I'm actually happy for you. That was why I didn't say anything. I can tell that you care about her, I could see it in the way you looked at her, and while I also know you want us to go back to how we were I know that isn't possible. That's why I didn't say anything. I was hoping that you'd just move on. That you'd quit trying to save what is already gone and realize what you have right in front of you."

"I want you"

"But I don't. And you just need to learn to accept that. So please just let go, your making this harder than it already is."

were-moving.png

Kristen took a deep breath knowing she needed to bring up the subject she needed to talk to him about. "I asked you to meet with me today for a reason. I've been offered a job..... Cole and I are going to be moving away from Oasis Springs."

That's it for today. Thank you for reading :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Tyler part 3 (final)

too-late.png

Tyler stood barely daring to breath as he waited on the front step of Tara's house. Odd as it was despite the fact that they'd been seeing each other for four months he'd never actually been here before. Usually they just met somewhere, hung out for a bit and then wound up at his place for the remainder of the night. Thinking about it their relationship had always been a bit shallow so in retrospect what he was about to say was a long time coming. He just hoped that she was home, and that she would be understanding about what had to happen.

reluctant.png

A short while later just as he was starting to think she wasn't home he saw her hurry down the stairs, he couldn't quite hear what she was saying but by the motion of her lips she seemed to be apologizing for the delay. When she saw him however her apologizing stopped and was quickly replaced by a deep frown as she half stared half diverted her eyes from where he stood on the other side of the door.

Tyler sighed, he'd expected as much. They hadn't spoken aside from basic work stuff since the morning she'd walked out. He'd known things were awkward between them but he also knew that he needed to talk to her, needed to say his piece.

"Can I come in" Tyler asked gently now that they were both close enough to the door to hear each other.

Tara looked reluctant but finally opened the door gesturing for him to come in.

wont-sit-next-to-him.png

Tyler walked over and sat down on the couch expecting Tara to sit next to him but to his surprise she instead walked past and sat on the other couch a look of apprehension still on her face. The simple action cut him deep, he knew he'd hurt her the other morning when he'd admitted he still had feelings for his ex-wife but he was starting to see that pain had been far more than he'd thought.

The two say in silence for a minute Tara unsure what to say and Tyler trying to get up the will to say what he had come to say, knowing that with how she clearly felt he very well could be kicked out for what he was about to say. But the fact was it had to be said and he didn't have time to wait for her to be in a better mood.

honest-truth.png

"Look Tara" he said deciding to just be completely straightforward and honest "There's some stuff that I need to tell you. I talked to Kristen earlier today.....

At the mention of his ex's name Tara stiffened. It was no surprise that Tyler spoke to Kristen, they had a son together after all, but usually he avoided bringing her up around Tara for obvious reasons.

"....she dropped some tough news on me." Tyler continued. "She's been offered a job out of town, she told me that she and Cole are moving out to Riverview."

i-understand.png

Tara's face broke into a look of shock at the news before drooping back down into the same sad look she'd had since he arrived. She knew what this meant. This was Tyler's son Cole, as much as she'd known deep down that he cared for Kristen Cole was on a whole other level. She'd seen the two together once or twice on occasions that Cole stopped by the station to visit his father. If Kristen meant the world to Tyler than the way he felt about Cole was immeasurable. "I understand" she said sadly. "You want to be there for Cole, and we both know how you feel about Kristen..... so I guess you've come to say goodbye."

i-want-to-be-with-you1.png

Suddenly Tyler had moved to sit next to her and before she could respond had taken her hand in his own "No, I don't want to say goodbye. I want to be with you."

Part of Tara felt like her heart was doing backflips. He'd said he loved her plenty of times and she knew he'd meant it when he said it. But this was the first time she truly felt like he meant it as more than just words. But at the same time she felt a weight in the pit of her stomach, knowing as much as she'd hoped for this she couldn't agree with it.

i-cant-let-you-do-that1.png

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she pulled her hand out of his grasp, knowing that she was about to throw away what she'd dreamed about since that first night four months ago. "I can't let you do that" Tara said sadly. "This is your son you're talking about. You can't choose me over him, I know as well as you do that you would never be happy with that."

i-want-you-to-come-with-me1.png

"You're right" Tyler said catching her off guard as he pulled her close so he could look in in the eyes. That's why I don't want to have to choose. I came here to ask you to come with me. I want you to move in with me out in Riverview."

i-cant-leave-you.png

Tara stared speechless for a moment. In shock at what was happening, and then Tyler kissed her, wanting to make sure that she knew how he felt and that he was serious about this.

i-love-you.png

"When Kristen told me they were moving my immediate thought was that I would go as well, that I needed to be there for Cole. But at the same time I realized that I couldn't just leave you behind like that. I'm not going to lie to you and say this will be easy. I still love Kristen and I'm not sure if I'll ever stop loving her. And maybe if I kept it up someday she'd love me again. But maybe she won't. She fell out of love with me to begin with and I need to face that fact, and it's not worth it chase after something that might be there when I have something amazing that is there, right in front of me."

He leaned in and kissed her again.

"As much as I care about Kristen I'm done trying to save what's already gone. I want to give us a real shot, and you deserve better than someone who is only half committed. So while I know you may be angry with me, and I wouldn't blame you for refusing to uproot yourself so suddenly. I do love you, and I want you to come with me to Riverview so that we can try and make a real go at being together.

Tara stared at him still in shock. Move to Riverview, just like that? "But what about work" she stammered.

Tyler laughed "Oh corporate is tired of me anyway. They are still blaming me for Gwen leaving. So I'm going to resign and put my savings into my own station out in Riverview. And I could always use a beautiful lead anchor."

Tyler leaned in close giving her another kiss hoping and praying that she would agree.

"So what do you say" he asked softly as their lips parted.

i-guess-i-need-to-pack.png

Tara smiled "Well I guess I need to pack. When do we leave."

"Tomorrow"

Tara sighed shaking her head though a small laugh managed to leak out. "You are really lucky you're cute."

And that's it for the this side story. I hope everyone enjoyed and as always thank you for reading :)

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Really nice work! I love these characters and the inside views you presented of them!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Really nice work! I love these characters and the inside views you presented of them!

Thanks. I'm glad your enjoying the side stories because they are really fun to write as well :)

• Options
    :O does this take place now? Did Tara just leave without telling Gwen?

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    SNDGIRL wrote: »
    :O does this take place now? Did Tara just leave without telling Gwen?

It takes place between the Wedding and chapter 40 (the one where Cassie first sells her paintings). Gwen actually mentions in the chapter that Tara and Tyler went out to Riverview to start a new tv station. It's not directly mentioned but I implied that Gwen heard from Tyler about the two leaving.

• Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    Finally, a smile on Tara's face! She always looks so pouty...I really felt bad for her. I'm glad she is getting something she really wants, even if it means she won't be around in Oasis Springs any more. She does seem really sweet. Maybe she'll come for a visit? :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JoAnna (single chapter)
    Takes place after chapter 30

another-round.png

The bartender set the glass on the counter, refilled for the third time tonight as the young woman seated at the bar did her best to force back the mingling of resurfaced memories and more recent ones.

Reaching forward JoAnna took the glass bringing it up to her mouth for a long swig the smell hitting her hard as she downed half the glass in one go.

rough-day.png

The alcohol was strong. A cheap hard draft which she hoped would dull her into that familiar stupor that would let her forget, though it would take a lot more than the four glasses so far to do the job, she had been a regular for this kind of thing over the past months since things had fallen apart, that mixed with the various instances when she and Cassie had snuck drinks while in high school and it was pretty clear that her tolerance was high enough that she would probably be at this all night before she finally got some peace.

away-from-everyone.png

Across from her she could see the other club patrons, smiling, happy, enjoying their drinks and the company around them. Not like her, happiness was something she hadn't really felt for a while, and company was something she really didn't want right now.

She had hoped talking to Cassie today would have alleviated this. Would have helped her come to terms with what she had done. And to an extent it had. It had been nice to talk to Cassie again even if it was likely the last time they would, and she was glad that her former friend seemed to be moving on.... but while getting it off her chest had been a relief, it hadn't stopped the pain.

Cassie was happy, she had found love, gotten married, had kids, she'd left what had happened behind.... but for JoAnna the pain was still there, still eating away at her as she continued to feel the guilt over what she'd done, and especially over what she'd lost because of that.

Silently she raised the glass to her mouth again taking another drink, not hearing the footsteps approaching behind her.

please-tell-me-you-are-gay.png

"Please tell me you're gay" a voice said from her right catching JoAnna by surprise. Looking up though JoAnna could see from the look on the girls face and from the tone of the question that she already suspected the answer.

"I thought not" She replied not even waiting for an answer or an invitation as she dropped onto the stool next to Joanna burying her face in her hands. All night I've been here and not a single other lesbian to be found. Is it really to much to ask for there to be at least one other girl in this town who likes women?"

JoAnna wasn't sure what to think of the strange girl but she couldn't help the slight laugh that escaped her.

"Well counting you I know of at least three" she replied. "Don't get so excited" she said as the blonde girl looked up with a half hopeful look in her eyes "the other two just got married earlier today."

The girl groaned as she returned her face to it's previous position nestled in her hands. "Well congrats to them at least, at least someone in this town has some luck."

start-chatting.png

"So is that why you're here?" The girl asked clearly not in the mood to move from her freshly chosen seat any time soon. "Celebrating your friends wedding."

"Not exactly" JoAnna said glumly as the memories from earlier pushed back into the forefront of her thoughts. "And we're not really friends anymore."

"You want to talk about it?" The girl asked. "You know what they say, misery loves company."

spills-it-out.png

JoAnna really didn't want to talk but before she knew it she found herself spilling everything. How she'd fallen for her best friends boyfriend, how she'd betrayed her best friends trust, how she'd lost her best friend forever.... and how she'd talked to her best friend one last time today hoping to settle things and move on which of course hadn't happened. Which all combined to why she now sat here in this club just trying to drink everything away.

Through it all the young woman next to her just listened patiently, not interrupting, not judging, just listening quietly as JoAnna vented about everything that had been wearing away at her since Cassie had caught her with Sean.

"So that's me. What about you? Relationship trouble I'm guessing."

grumbles-as-well.png

"Ha" The girl laughed hollowly "That would require actually finding a relationship. I moved out here to get away from home, to make my own life where I could just be myself away from my parents and friends constant judging. And ever since it's been one thing after another. Kitchen fire, trying to pay the damages, having to put my dreams on hold while I try to make a living and keep up with bills, and to top it all off after coming all the way out here to this club tonight it's been nothing but getting shot down all night. You were pretty much my last hope as I've already talked to all the other women here tonight but obviously that didn't work either. Now I'm left without any prospects as I wait for my friend who I came here with to get back from the bathroom."

you-have-to-look-on-the-bright-side-though.png

Suddenly the girls face broke into a grin, a weak one but a grin none the less "At least it's not all bad. Sure I didn't meet anyone but there's always tomorrow. In the end it could be worse."

JoAnna couldn't help but laugh a little, a weak smile of her own breaking across her face at the sudden burst of optimism. "True, you could have ended up screwing your life up over some creep like I did."

chin-up.png

"Hey now, it's not all bad for you either. At least your friend doesn't hate you, at least you managed to get things off your chest even if it didn't help all that much, at least you can look forward tomorrow. I like to think of it as being that as long as you have tomorrow to look forward to things can always get better. Sure things get you down but that doesn't mean you have to stay down. Looking back on how my life was before I came out here it was pretty bad, at least as far as my happiness was concerned. But it's looking up and I'm sure yours will get better as well, you just need to keep pushing forward. It's like with photography, you may take a bad photo but that doesn't mean you won't eventually take a good one. As long as there's another shot in the camera you've got hope."

cant-help-but-smile.png

JoAnna's face broke into a wider smile as her glass lay on the bar forgotten.

"That's true, I also could still be with Sean. I may be miserable but at least I'm miserable away from that creep."

"Yeah" the blonde girl said laughing "he sounded like a real jerk."

sean-is-here.png

But JoAnna didn't respond to the blonde woman's words.

"Hey, are you listening. Come on, you need to not dwell on it. He's gone your here....."

"Actually he's here as well" JoAnna replied stiffly as she stared across the bar at the familiar yet unwelcome face she had just spotted.

The blonde's gaze turned to follow JoAnna's noticing the dark haired man walking across the bar "You said this guy was a player right."

"Yeah"

"Well then we may have a problem, because the woman he's making a beeline for is my friend Lexi."

hey-girl1.png

The two quickly stood up and started to work their way over to where Lexi had now stopped, confronted by JoAnna's ill fabled ex.

As they turned the corner around the bar the blonde smiled as she watched Lexi attempt to maneuver herself away from the smarmy guy currently blocking her path. "On the bright side it seems Lexi isn't about to fall for any of his 'charm'"

"Yeah if only I'd been as smart" JoAnna replied still making her way towards the pair as quickly as she could.

As she said that though she saw Sean grab a hold of Lexi's arm, clearly not taking her attempts at escape as an answer as he continued to try to sweet talk her.

Seeing Lexi wince at the sudden grip on her arm JoAnna glared angrily as she yelled out at the would be charmer. "Back off Sean, she isn't interested in you."

Glancing up in surprise at hearing his name called out Sean stared in surprise as he saw JoAnna heading towards him though he wouldn't get the chance to hear anything further as Lexi's fist connected with his Jaw, assisted by JoAnna's momentary distraction.

you-okay-lexi.png

The two women arrived on the scene in time to see Sean hit the ground, completely out cold from Lexi's sudden punch.

The blonde woman laughed as she patted her friend on the back. Well that's one way to solve the problem, and it seems you've confirmed that at least some of my imagination isn't to far from the truth, only difference is this time you were the damsel in distress. You okay?"

thud.png

As the blonde woman checked on her friend JoAnna stared down at Sean as he lay there in quite an unflattering position. This had been the guy she had been "in love" with, the guy who she had thrown away her best friend over..... looking down at him now she couldn't believe she'd ever liked this guy, and that up until now she'd allowed him to impact her life so much.

"Are you okay"

JoAnna suddenly looked up realizing that the blonde girl was looking at her with a look of concern on her face.

"Hey, are you okay" the young woman repeated.

sure.png

"Yeah." JoAnna replied "I was just thinking about things.... hey do you want to get out of here? I don't really want to be here when he wakes up and I think I've changed my mind on your earlier question, I think it'd be nice to spend a bit more time with you.

The blonde stared for a moment in confusion before she realized what question the dark haired woman was referring to.

"Are you sure?" she stammered as her face went bright red.

"No but considering how much time I wasted on this creep, and what I lost because of it, I’m not really sure of anything right now. I just feel like I wasted so much of my life doing what I was sure about and right now I want to do something crazy, provided you're still interested of course.

Still in shock and more than a bit confused at the sudden turn of events the blonde girl simply nodded. Then with a quick goodbye to an even more confused Lexi and a promise to fill her in on the details the two headed for the exit from the club.

okay-with-this.png

As they reached the front doors though the blonde girl paused staring at her companion nervvously.

"Are you really okay with this... I mean earlier.... I just....."

first-kiss.png

JoAnna cut the young woman off as she pulled her in close for a deep kiss. Honestly she didn't entirely know what or why she was doing this, but as their lips separated and she stared into the blonde woman's still nervous eyes she knew that right now she didn't care. She was just ready for something new, and this optimistic blonde woman who she had met by complete chance was something new.

next-morning.png

The blonde woman awoke the next morning as the early morning sun shone through the windows of her bedroom landing across the bed highlighting the bare shoulders of the woman lying next to her which were just peeking above the covers. She ran her fingers along the soft dark hair of the woman still in amazement at the sudden turn last night had taken, hardly able to believe it had happened at all were it not for the woman she had just woken up next to.

morning-blog-post.png

The young woman silently climbed out of bed quickly dressing as she headed over to her computer. She'd been running a general blog of her life since she'd moved out here, a way of helping inspire others to be themselves, to help them understand that they could be happy no matter who they were. But as she stared at the screen this particular morning..... for the first time she felt at a loss for words. Finally she typed out ten simple words.

This is absolutely crazy, but I think I'm in love.

joanna-walks-in.png

As she hit publish still staring at the screen as she basked in a sense of awe and wonder she heard the door open behind her as the dark haired woman walked in.

good-morning.png

"Hey there" the dark haired woman said with a smile "did you sleep well?"

"Yeah" the blonde replied. "You really were amazing last night"

The other woman laughed as the blonde grimaced slightly indignantly. "What's so funny"

"Nothing" the dark haired woman replied. "It's just kind of funny now that I think about it. My friend I told you about last night. When we were younger if you'd mentioned the idea of being with another woman we both would have laughed at you, but now she's married to another woman and I just spent the night with you. It's just kind of funny thinking about it. I'm not even sure how things ended up like this. Or where to go from here now that it has."

embrace.png

The blonde woman stood up and wrapped her arms around her companion. Pulling her in close and breathing in deeply as she buried her face in the woman's long soft hair. Wanting more than anything for this moment to never end.

"I don't know why either, and to be honest I don't care. Luck, fate, maybe that ex of yours just has that effect on people, or maybe there’s some all powerful being watching over us who just felt we both deserved a little happiness. Does it really matter why? Whatever the reason all I know is I just woke up to a woman I barely know, I don't even know your name, both of which are things I would love the chance to change"

more-than-one-night.png

The young woman paused and stared gently into her companions eyes "That is if you’re interested in this being more than just a one night thing."

that-sounds-wonderful.png

The dark haired woman smiled as she reached out and ran her fingers down the blonds cheek. "Considering how badly my previous relationship went, that sounds wonderful. And by the way, my name is JoAnna. And you?"

The blonde woman smiled brightly "A pleasure to meet you JoAnna, I'm Rosa."

add-to-the-wall.png

And that's it for this Lockwood Tale. For those unaware Rosa is a character from another story I was doing but sadly had to cancel due to the limited time I am ending up with for the upcoming semester between work, class, and internship. So I thought this would be a nice way to both get a Lockwood Tale out for JoAnna which I've been planning to do and give a bit of closure to Rosa's story as well :)

I hope everyone enjoyed it and thank you for reading :)
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Awww Yay Rosa! That plum Sean grr.

And not cancelled! Hiatus!! Lol
  • Options
    I did not expect that! Great job!

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options