Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Its so quiet...too quiet

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Yeah, thought this myself aswell, normally you hear something, especially since the one anniversary is coming soon. Maybe it's their plan or they might have thought nothing special will be announcent?

They never gave anything for games first anniversaries.

They never had a game people felt so strongly is lacking important features before, so that wouldn't excuse them ignoring their first anniversary to me if they did.

What you want is irrelevant just like what I want and so on. If they do it, amaze, but you guys are expecting things out of nothing and will rant for no reason later.

I only expect a September patch with free content big or small, not because it's the anniversary but because it's what happens and should continue to happen every month until the game has the missing basic features we all want like the services etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Maybe they are not considering the game as a sims game to give something for its anniversary
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Maybe they are not considering the game as a sims game to give something for its anniversary

I guess the previous games were not considered sims games also by your logic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, thought this myself aswell, normally you hear something, especially since the one anniversary is coming soon. Maybe it's their plan or they might have thought nothing special will be announcent?

They never had a game people felt so strongly is lacking important features before, so that wouldn't excuse them ignoring their first anniversary to me if they did.

What you want is irrelevant just like what I want and so on. If they do it, amaze, but you guys are expecting things out of nothing and will rant for no reason later.

I only expect a September patch with free content big or small, not because it's the anniversary but because it's what happens and should continue to happen every month until the game has the missing basic features we all want like the services etc.

Who is "you guys"?! And why shouldn't i "rant" when there isn't a special thing for the first anniversary?
    I'm pretty sure "ranting" helped more with getting all this free content updates than saying : "oh, i don't expect anything from people who want me to continue paying for their product".
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Who is "you guys"?! And why shouldn't i "rant" when there isn't a special thing for the first anniversary?
    I'm pretty sure "ranting" helped more with getting all this free content updates than saying : "oh, i don't expect nothing from people who want me to continue paying for their product".

You guys includes, you guys, what kind of question is even that :neutral: ?

Second, I didn't said you couldn't rant or did I?

I'm just warning you to not enter the expectation train so you won't get disappointed later.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

I'm pretty sure "ranting" helped more with getting all this free content updates than saying : "oh, i don't expect nothing from people who want me to continue paying for their product".

You guys includes, you guys, what kind of question is even that?

Second, I didn't said you couldn't rant or did I?

I'm just warning you to not enter the expectation train so you won't get disappointed later.

Well, thank you for that, but i stopped jumping on the hype train long ago, if that is what you mean.
    If there is such a thing as an expectation train, i guess i'm already on it and can't get off until we reach the "toddlers station" in "satisfied land". I guess i'll might see you there if we'll ever reach it during TS4's cycle.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    maybe big layoffs are coming...
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    It would be nice for them to throw us a bone, though... ;)

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    ExyllExyll Posts: 29 New Member
    considering its rocky start and not too much throughout the year to make people jump for joy - they probably feel it would be awkward to start a party and 15% of the fanbase shows up
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    0fc36a8ea439561fa5d834f1d815248f892e0028753bfaaab3e5c2c1186814e1.jpg

*Typing random sentence because I need more characters*
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    I am not expecting anything from them being all they put into the game is items and no features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited August 2015
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    edited August 2015
    All I want for this upcoming patch is burglars, the alarm to catch them and a kleptomaniac trait. EA, make it happen!!
  • Options
    BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    YES!!! Those were the days, and I miss them dearly.
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I swear to Plum if we get more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Star Wars costumes I am going ..... post a very strong worded tweet? I don't know what I will do but I would honestly rather get nothing then add more of those costumes in my game.
    I completely agree with the OP though, it's very quiet.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    September 4th is the day that the new Star Wars merchandise goes on sale (I know this because we already have the Lego sets in at work but we're not allowed to put them on sale until this date). It would not surprise me in the slightest if they give us some more Star Wars junk.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    September 4th is the day that the new Star Wars merchandise goes on sale (I know this because we already have the Lego sets in at work but we're not allowed to put them on sale until this date). It would not surprise me in the slightest if they give us some more Star Wars junk.

what star wars merchandise?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    They did something for the 15th anniversary and the simlish language but I'm not sure if they did something for the Sims 3's first year...

Well, IIRC, on their 15th anniversary, despite hype of there being something new and great every day that week, it was like, "15 years! Here's an ad!"

TBH, I'm still laughing over that one.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    I swear to Plum if we get more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Star Wars costumes I am going ..... post a very strong worded tweet? I don't know what I will do but I would honestly rather get nothing then add more of those costumes in my game.
    I completely agree with the OP though, it's very quiet.
    Wait till it get closer to the release of SWBF.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen