Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How has your opinion on The Sims changed in the last year?

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    IMO I don't the game. I think it's boring, and lacks the charm that previous installments have had. It's empty to me. I actually played the game and have tried to like it, but I just can't get there.

OP, you should play the game. Maybe form your own opinion on it, instead of just basing your dislike off of trailers and screenshots.
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    edited August 2015
    I know what you mean and I've been in your shoes. It's easy to ignore missing features when you're having a blast playing or if they don't effect your play style. Eventually though, your play style may change and when it does you may find there are things you want to change or add to the game.

You just hit on the point of my angst, my play style is building families which is hard to do in TS4. Going from crib to 8-10 year old is a big leap for me to adjust to. I can change my style and just deal with it but it would be easier if EA would at least address the issue of the toddler life stage. My favorite career in TS3 was daycare worker so in TS4 that is impossible with babies rated as an object and no toddlers.
    I do love the CAS and the multitasking, still learning to like build mode because the lots are so small. I don't hate the game but was very disappointed with the announcement of "get together" letting me know that for Christmas I won't have toddlers or pets.

The one thing I've not seen addressed since TS1 is that it would have been great if we could have gotten updates for the same game instead of having to start over with each Sims Edition, I still miss Bob and Betty Newbie lol. However programing being what it is I'm thinking that was impossible.
  • Options
    K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    "And actually people who haven't bought the game can give us some of our most valuable feedback." -SimGuruHolms

How his his opinion relevant? Its them that made this horrid game. So his opinion is more invalid then OPs
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    IMO I don't the game. I think it's boring, and lacks the charm that previous installments have had. It's empty to me. I actually played the game and have tried to like it, but I just can't get there.

OP, you should play the game. Maybe form your own opinion on it, instead of just basing your dislike off of trailers and screenshots.

True but not worth my money. No open world or CAW is a deal breaker for me
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    I know what you mean and I've been in your shoes. It's easy to ignore missing features when you're having a blast playing or if they don't effect your play style. Eventually though, your play style may change and when it does you may find there are things you want to change or add to the game.

You just hit on the point of my angst, my play style is building families which is hard to do in TS4. Going from crib to 8-10 year old is a big leap for me to adjust to. I can change my style and just deal with it but it would be easier if EA would at least address the issue of the toddler life stage. My favorite career in TS3 was daycare worker so in TS4 that is impossible with babies rated as an object and no toddlers.
    I do love the CAS and the multitasking, still learning to like build mode because the lots are so small. I don't hate the game but was very disappointed with the announcement of "get together" letting me know that for Christmas I won't have toddlers or pets.

The one thing I've not seen addressed since TS1 is that it would have been great if we could have gotten updates for the same game instead of having to start over with each Sims Edition, I still miss Bob and Betty Newbie lol. However programing being what it is I'm thinking that was impossible.

Very good points :smile: some of what you said is what I have covered in other threads
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »

I haven't played the game. I haven't bought it, and I think that I can well form an opinion about it without having to do so. I don't see why others can't either.
    I'm not paying out $80 to reinforce my opinion that this game doesn't suit me, and is nowhere near up to a Sims game standard, I'm not that stupi.d. I can already see that from trailers, pictures and LP's.

Well said :smile:
    Pary wrote: »

I haven't played the game. I haven't bought it, and I think that I can well form an opinion about it without having to do so. I don't see why others can't either.
    I'm not paying out $80 to reinforce my opinion that this game doesn't suit me, and is nowhere near up to a Sims game standard, I'm not that stupi.d. I can already see that from trailers, pictures and LP's.

I completely agree with this statement.

I don't blindly hand over that kind of money for a game that I might enjoy when the trailers, screenshots, and developer interviews are not up to my standards. I tried the free trial that was on Origin. That was more than enough for me to decide whether to purchase the game or not, and I haven't. I'm here because I want to see the series become that game that can stand out in a sea of M-rated first-person-shooters and not be that game whose players feel ashamed to admit that they play it. If EA pulls the plug on TS4 and the rest of the series, it won't be the fault of the people who disliked the game for one reason or another. The end of The Sims will be the result of a multi-million dollar corporation who somehow doesn't know the audience for their game after fifteen long years. Now, that is a tragedy.

And well said :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Well I bought the game.
    I actually enjoyed it a bit. But after a while I got bored.
    I stated buying these GP, SP, and GTW hoping it would make my game more enjoyable.
    It did...for a couple of months.
    Even with mods I got bored.
    You know its hard to enjoy when you've played and older and (and what I think is) a better version of the game.
    Its also hard to compare the packs to.
    The thing that's upset me most is all the upset the game has caused.
    All the arguing and trolling and spamming.
    Who knows if it will ever stop?
    All we can hope for is a change in the series. A DRASTIC change, that can prove us all wrong and give us what we want.
    A peaceful, happy forum.
    Hmm...I can dream can't I?
    But for now, I'm not gonna get involved with drama.

The game just seems to be loosing more players and its quite upsetting because the game itself has SOOO much more potential.
    But because of Olympus, it couldn't reach its FULL potential as game.
    Maybe if Olympus came out instead of TS4 they would have had more time to work on the series.

That's like the first time I've thought about it that way, but maybe its true.

Maybe it would have had a quick death and they could have made TS4 even better.
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    StefxxcStefxxc Posts: 53 Member
    I think that the sims 4 is alot like sim city create a home club neighbourhood ect its all done the actually gameplay is lacking on many levels and once you have had a party Had a bbq gone to work gone to the spa nade icecream it has all been done so you might as well start over Wich to me is very repetative and boring i bought the sims 4 because i love all the sims game it is supposed to be a life simulater but to me the sims 4 is just about Creation and that doesnt include families so on that note my opinion a year later is ea do something and quick because the sims 4 is just boring the life out of me
  • Options
    Well I bought the game.
    I actually enjoyed it a bit. But after a while I got bored.
    I stated buying these GP, SP, and GTW hoping it would make my game more enjoyable.
    It did...for a couple of months.
    Even with mods I got bored.
    You know its hard to enjoy when you've played and older and (and what I think is) a better version of the game.
    Its also hard to compare the packs to.
    The thing that's upset me most is all the upset the game has caused.
    All the arguing and trolling and spamming.
    Who knows if it will ever stop?
    All we can hope for is a change in the series. A DRASTIC change, that can prove us all wrong and give us what we want.
    A peaceful, happy forum.
    Hmm...I can dream can't I?
    But for now, I'm not gonna get involved with drama.

The game just seems to be loosing more players and its quite upsetting because the game itself has SOOO much more potential.
    But because of Olympus, it couldn't reach its FULL potential as game.
    Maybe if Olympus came out instead of TS4 they would have had more time to work on the series.

That's like the first time I've thought about it that way, but maybe its true.

Maybe it would have had a quick death and they could have made TS4 even better.

That's the thing, the game did and in some ways still does have potential, but their choice of recycling Olympus left overs rather than creating new and desired game play is what is letting them down. What could be a lot of good ideas that could save the game, and potentially restore player's faith in the series has been pushed to a side for another dose of partying which is the last thing the game needs right now

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    vieuw of sims as a serie no... not really changed. I still like sims but I prefere sims3, I would like to love sims4 but things are missing that makes the gameplay no fun for me. There are things in sims4 I really like, and things if they done them better I would also like... but non of that covers for the missing family play and massiv "holding our hand telling us how to play the game" liniage play style sims4 promote. The first they could fix, the last I'm not sure, but if they can it be nice.

view on EA has changed (but to be honest it started in the late half of sims3) I simply trust them less. And thats not about them not makeing the game play I want, it is about the way they communicat with us.

why I'm still here if I don't like sims4... simply becouse I want sims4 to cater to me to, I want to like it, I want to enjoy it. + I still play sims3.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    vieuw of sims as a serie no... not really changed. I still like sims but I prefere sims3, I would like to love sims4 but things are missing that makes the gameplay no fun for me. There are things in sims4 I really like, and things if they done them better I would also like... but non of that covers for the missing family play and massiv "holding our hand telling us how to play the game" liniage play style sims4 promote. The first they could fix, the last I'm not sure, but if they can it be nice.

view on EA has changed (but to be honest it started in the late half of sims3) I simply trust them less. And thats not about them not makeing the game play I want, it is about the way they communicat with us.

why I'm still here if I don't like sims4... simply becouse I want sims4 to cater to me to, I want to like it, I want to enjoy it. + I still play sims3.

Good points :smile:

I actually was going to give it a year, I never planned to get TS4 from the day of release and was going to wait 'for the price to drop' and for the bug fixes to come along, I was happy with TS3 but had I seen something more impressive, I would have been tempted.

One year on, I am still not impressed

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

I actually was going to give it a year, I never planned to get TS4 from the day of release and was going to wait 'for the price to drop' and for the bug fixes to come along, I was happy with TS3 but had I seen something more impressive, I would have been tempted.

Hope one day you do give the sims 4 a try. :)
  • Options

Maybe if there is a 'complete collection' I might download it ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I'm still not satisfied with the game. I pre-ordered it expecting to get toddlers in a patch not long after release. No one tell me I had no reason to think that, because pools were released free, I expected toddlers as well. I could maybe "forgive and forget" the toddlers situation if EA said "Look, we can't do toddlers yet or for a while." because at least then I wouldn't be sticking around here for no apparent reason getting on fans of the games nerves with my "constant complaining".
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

for me I have (didn't buy it but played it nearly all the hourse of the free trial.... just sleep and eat to test the difrent things.... so no giving it a try again until some one can show me they made things I like.... as I have to buy it now to try again.
    ofcourse if it became very very cheap I might change my opinion but doupt it be that cheap.

I do love to see play trues, and pictures from sims4 hear about good and bad .... and why people think so.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    I'm still not satisfied with the game. I pre-ordered it expecting to get toddlers in a patch not long after release. No one tell me I had no reason to think that, because pools were released free, I expected toddlers as well. I could maybe "forgive and forget" the toddlers situation if EA said "Look, we can't do toddlers yet or for a while." because at least then I wouldn't be sticking around here for no apparent reason getting on fans of the games nerves with my "constant complaining".

The down side of them giving pools for free meant that at the time, players thought they were reworking things to get things patched in for free but after a while, all of that stopped leaving players confused.

I doubt there will be much free stuff now, its paid content and DLC from now on

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    K4le8 wrote: »
    If you are so fed up with Sims 4 and everything about the game then why on earth are you constantly spending every waking moment posting about it??? Why not just stay in your beloved Sims 3 section and spend your time with them?

I get it. Its all about the likes and the attention, you like to feel like you are the face of the forums and like you are the voice of reason, guess what? Your not.

Dude, if anything I don't want the attention. You can't just say that, you don't know us at all.
    I say the things I say and we all say the things we say because we care about the franchise.
    I've been playing sims games for a very long time and I love the game.
    I just think that TS4 has so much more potential. And that's my opinion and my opinion only.
    Its not like I was trying to get on the leader board last week. It just happened because people liked my points, that's how things work around here.
    So no, don't you dare say that upset simmers only stay on the forum to get attention and likes. We are here because we care about the game and want to give our opinions.
    And if u don't like our opinions, or don't agree with us, disagree, go ahead. You can explain why if u want. But that doesn't mean you have to make us all sound like attention seekers.

Agree!
  • Options

for me I have (didn't buy it but played it nearly all the hourse of the free trial.... just sleep and eat to test the difrent things.... so no giving it a try again until some one can show me they made things I like.... as I have to buy it now to try again.
    ofcourse if it became very very cheap I might change my opinion but doupt it be that cheap.

I do love to see play trues, and pictures from sims4 hear about good and bad .... and why people think so.

I actually did download the free trial myself but for some reason, I couldn't get it work on Origin or my PC, I just took that as a sign ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    K4le8 wrote: »
    If you are so fed up with Sims 4 and everything about the game then why on earth are you constantly spending every waking moment posting about it??? Why not just stay in your beloved Sims 3 section and spend your time with them?

I get it. Its all about the likes and the attention, you like to feel like you are the face of the forums and like you are the voice of reason, guess what? Your not.

Dude, if anything I don't want the attention. You can't just say that, you don't know us at all.
    I say the things I say and we all say the things we say because we care about the franchise.
    I've been playing sims games for a very long time and I love the game.
    I just think that TS4 has so much more potential. And that's my opinion and my opinion only.
    Its not like I was trying to get on the leader board last week. It just happened because people liked my points, that's how things work around here.
    So no, don't you dare say that upset simmers only stay on the forum to get attention and likes. We are here because we care about the game and want to give our opinions.
    And if u don't like our opinions, or don't agree with us, disagree, go ahead. You can explain why if u want. But that doesn't mean you have to make us all sound like attention seekers.

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    My opinion of the game itself is the same. It can be fun for me, in small doses.. but I tend to get bored. I could go buy more content for it, but until I hear more about the direction of the game (which is becoming more obvious each time a pack is released) then I will make the final decision.

They did some things really well for this game. I enjoy quite a bit of it -- the children are cute, I actually like the graphics (I'm also an avid Mario game player, so I guess there's that), I like how easily you can hop between houses if you want to play multiple households, etc.

I won't say what I don't like - at this point its redundant.

I will say, though that my opinion of the developers is what has really changed -- and not for the better. The silence on the issues is really almost unacceptable at this point. They either have plans to try to implement some of the missing features that many of us are crying for (some of these people who are even avid lovers of the game) or they don't.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    My opinion of the game itself is the same. It can be fun for me, in small doses.. but I tend to get bored. I could go buy more content for it, but until I hear more about the direction of the game (which is becoming more obvious each time a pack is released) then I will make the final decision.

They did some things really well for this game. I enjoy quite a bit of it -- the children are cute, I actually like the graphics (I'm also an avid Mario game player, so I guess there's that), I like how easily you can hop between houses if you want to play multiple households, etc.

I won't say what I don't like - at this point its redundant.

I will say, though that my opinion of the developers is what has really changed -- and not for the better. The silence on the issues is really almost unacceptable at this point. They either have plans to try to implement some of the missing features that many of us are crying for (some of these people who are even avid lovers of the game) or they don't.

Could agree more, after a year of waiting, the silence has become unacceptable

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg