Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I make needs Static?

Help! I've been searching the forums and online trying to find out how to make my Sims Needs Static. None of the Cheat suggestions seem to work, probably because the instructions are confusing and I don't understand how to use them. I really need this cheat to work because I can't get anything done with my Sim family because their needs keep going to low. They don't have time to raise their skills because they're too busy eating, sleeping, and bathing. They are too tired after the work day to do much of anything.

Comments

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    1. Ctrl + Shift + C
    2. Type testingcheatsenabled true.
    3. Shift and click on your mailbox.
    4. Disable Need Decay.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    0Chloe wrote: »
    1. Ctrl + Shift + C
    2. Type testingcheatsenabled true.
    3. Shift and click on your mailbox.
    4. Disable Need Decay.

Thanks I'll give it a try!
  • Options
    It won't work :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    It won't work :(
    That's weird...
    Also, not totally on-topic, is there any way to decline the needs with my mouse? Like, if I want to kill a Sim quickly, in TS2 and in TS3 I used to click on the hungry need and drag with my mouse until the red zone. Is that possible in TS4?
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Type in testingcheats true without the word enabled . Then shift click the mailbox

Oops, my bad.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    0Chloe wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Type in testingcheats true without the word enabled . Then shift click the mailbox

Oops, my bad.

I'll try that!
  • Options
    It worked! Thanks everyone! Now if I remember right, I need to set cheats to False before I save?
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Do you have to do this every time you play? Thanks!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    I think so!
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Thanks @evenstar606
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    At the same time, before you type testingcheats false, shift click on the mailbox again, and pick fill needs (household). Incidentally, your sims will still have the bladder need decay if they drink anything and the hygiene need decay if they exercise.
  • Options
    HappyGeniusHappyGenius Posts: 167 Member
    Hey, there is great mod (cant remember who by, but i got it on modthesims) that has draggable needs. It also has a quick relationship edit feature too where you can left click on the persons picture and put whatever number you want for their relationships. You can also left click on your money and it goes up 1000. Its a great mod and ive had no trouble at all with it :)
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Hey, there is great mod (cant remember who by, but i got it on modthesims) that has draggable needs. It also has a quick relationship edit feature too where you can left click on the persons picture and put whatever number you want for their relationships. You can also left click on your money and it goes up 1000. Its a great mod and ive had no trouble at all with it :)
    So it's not possible without mods? Okay, then... Thanks
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Do you have to do this every time you play? Thanks!

that is bad, or good?
    No need disable testingcheats before save or save and exit, but it automatically disable when start a new game or a new sesion of a save

... and when go to manage worlds
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    At the same time, before you type testingcheats false, shift click on the mailbox again, and pick fill needs (household). Incidentally, your sims will still have the bladder need decay if they drink anything and the hygiene need decay if they exercise.

Thanks, I did that! :)
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited August 2015
    It worked! Thanks everyone! Now if I remember right, I need to set cheats to False before I save?

Wait, what? Is there something bad about saving with it on? I have a mod that turns it on anytime it's off so that I never have to do it myself...I've been saving with it on since day 1.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options

Wait, what? Is there something bad about saving with it on? I have a mod that turns it on anytime it's off so that I never have to do it myself...I've been saving with it on since day 1.

I remember reading in the Sims 3 forums that saving with cheats on can cause problems in your game, like corrupt saved games or something. But that was Sims 3, which was always buggy. I personally never had issues saving with cheats on, at least not that I'd noticed. Anyone have any clarification on this?