Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should The Sims 4 have cars?

I know that some people want cars in The Sims 4 but I kinda don't see the use in them since The Sims 4 has loading screens and if it did have cars where would they go and you wouldn't even be able to see them

Comments

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Cars just add that bit of extra realism, woohoo, for parents teaching teens to drive and chance of getting stolen. (Well once burglars are out back in)
  • Options
    Oh_MereOh_Mere Posts: 49 Member
    I always liked my sims having cars. The Sims 2 had them even though there were loading screens. I wouldn't be upset if we never got cars in Sims 4, but I would also be happy if we did get them.
    On a semi-related note: I really miss carpools, like in Sims 2 they had the helicopter at the top of certain careers, and the super heroes just flew to work, etc.
    But yeah, cars in 4 would be a nice touch, but not entirely necessary in my opinion.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes it should.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    Ehhh without a open world what's the point? :no_mouth:
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    Oh_Mere wrote: »
    I always liked my sims having cars. The Sims 2 had them even though there were loading screens. I wouldn't be upset if we never got cars in Sims 4, but I would also be happy if we did get them.
    On a semi-related note: I really miss carpools, like in Sims 2 they had the helicopter at the top of certain careers, and the super heroes just flew to work, etc.
    But yeah, cars in 4 would be a nice touch, but not entirely necessary in my opinion.

This.
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    Easy yes.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes and carpools, school buses, and taxis need to return. I want helicopters and house boats and boats to return too. I also want Sims to be able to ride that streetcar and steamboat. The Sims 4 needs transportation period.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sims 2 had loading screens and cars. The cars had fun interactions, and actual interactions by Sims in the animation. I'd like to see playing-with-cars back in Sims 4, closer to what Sims 2 had and enhanced from there. But I'd also like to see commuting-by-car (or, for that matter, by schoolbus) to be completely optional if vehicle-use is added, not forced by the game - give us the option to keep the current thing where we can more imagine our Sim kids have a healthy walk to school, or our Sim adults walk to public transport.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    YES it should :) And carpools and cars for the services too! I want the pizza man to show up in his crap.py car again to deliver me the pizza!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    sure, why not. they can be like the trolleys and add ambient fluff. but coding them to actually add anything further to the game would take 5 years though.
  • Options
    sure, why not. they can be like the trolleys and add ambient fluff. but coding them to actually add anything further to the game would take 5 years though.

We have the decoration cars already in the game :neutral:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    Yes. Sims 2 had loading screens and it had cars.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah I want cool screens of my sim on a Jamboree.
    plus I think it would be cook to have a Autobody hobby like building a space ship sims can build, wash/upgrade their vehicles, or take it out to be serviced.

Plus I build my houses with driveways and garages already. so, vehicles needed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    yeah I want cool screens of my sim on a Jamboree.
    plus I think it would be cook to have a Autobody hobby like building a space ship sims can build, wash/upgrade their vehicles, or take it out to be serviced.

Plus I build my houses with driveways and garages already. so, vehicles needed.

Yes, the car could get dirty, that would be cool and sims could wash it with a big sponge or something.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I know that some people want cars in The Sims 4 but I kinda don't see the use in them since The Sims 4 has loading screens and if it did have cars where would they go and you wouldn't even be able to see them

TS2 had loading screens and *gasp* cars that actually drove off the driveway! :-O

I think what I'd like to see for cars in TS4 is more non-driving uses, things like:

* Sitting in it to listen to the stereo, maybe having a bit of a cuddle. *wink wink*
    * Sims going to sit in the car to sulk when they're sad, or to hide when they're embarrassed.
    * Junk versions of ALL cars, so sims can fix them up and repair them.
    * And LOTS of additional customisability options: sims could get additional unlockable upgrades with as they skill up their handiness (or mechanical?) level. So maybe sims can apply basic spray-paints, but then unlock pearlescent/metallic/luminous type paints. Maybe they could apply decals, wheel trims, and neon lights? Boom boxes, bouncy suspension... all the kinds of things you find in Need for Speed or GTA. And each upgrade could make the car more valuable.
    * Lots of variety! I'd love a beetle or a VW! But some of my sims suit family cars, like an old Volvo. Some sims suit a luxury Jag. Some suit fast cars like Porsche, Ferrari's or sporty little FordGTs. Or a classic like a Dodge!

I think the TS4 team seem to often look for ways to bring in new players, and this could appeal to an audience that maybe aren't yet interested. I'd love this kind of stuff because some of my sims have been mechanics who loved their cars, and I like playing different personalities. (So, I'm saying that I've not gone all MOAR POWER!!! and I do still want my toddlers and ironing and stuff. XD )
  • Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    edited August 2015
    I would only have it if whilst we were on the loading screen it showed are sims in the car, it could show them singing or applying makeup, talking on the phone. Depending on the emotion when they left could depend on how they acted in the screenshot/video so if they were playful they could pull faces in the mirror or if they were dazed they could crash (this would NOT lead to death!)

If you were to travel with more than one person it would show them talking to each other and siblings be mean to each other ya get it! If you sim was in labour the dad could be shouting whilst the mum is moaning and doing the weird belly thing ....

Il stop rambling Baaaii!
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    What I suggested before was that we have buses or trains as well as cars. Everybody is currently begging for toddlers which are going to be bought to the game soon. (Confirmed by the Sim Gurus on twitter). So this is definitely the next thing we need noted down. Cars are amazing and a good way of transport I loved using them In TS3 we need this tbh.
  • Options
    jaymiee7jaymiee7 Posts: 49 Member
    I think cars would just make it seem more realistic I guess. Its weird they didn't just include them
    jPeATrH.png
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    The Sims 2 style cars but improved.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Of course not.
    200.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    JadeIredaleJadeIredale Posts: 96 Member
    Should you have a car?
    iqkbd3.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Ehhh without a open world what's the point? :no_mouth:

TS2 had loading screens and no open world but still had cars in there that were interactive. You could woohoo, listen to the radio, talk to another sim that was in the car and make out with that sim. So why can't TS4 have cars like that in the game?
  • Options
    jaymiee7jaymiee7 Posts: 49 Member
    Ya if they had them in TS2 with loading screens it should be fine in TS4
    jPeATrH.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunny07FreezerBunny07 Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh yeah I forgot the Sims 2 had cars
  • Options
    oblivion627oblivion627 Posts: 89 Member
    I say no, personally. The lots are so minuscule in size that a car and garage would take up valuable space. Who knows how many millions of expansions, stuff packs AND game packs they have in the pipeline? TS4 is gaining popularity with each release it seems, so by the end of the game's life cycle, we could have so much content that we have no room to place it all.

Or, they could just give us more huge lots (Get Together will feature a 64x64 lot, so hopefully this is just the beginning).