Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rooms of different hights attaching+ terrain tool

At this point I really don't know why I'm posting, as I know everyone knows these things are missing but they willfully ignore it.

1) The dev team and engineers need to program the walls of different heights to act independently towards each other. ie: Make a 4 sided room out of the heighest wall and you can place a medium or low height room with 3 sides attached to the first room. You can then choose wether there's a void or a wall between the rooms. The walls should act as pieces and the inside/outside mechanism can be easily figured out I'm sure. They still act as closed rooms. The construction system is pretty cool this time around but we need to be able to use these floor heights to make better and more interesting architecture.

2) We need terrain tools! I don't get how this was figured out in Sims 2 and 3 and it can't be integrated in Sims 4. I think that's the reason Sims 4 doesn't have a world creator yet, or maybe it never will. The worlds and lots are perfectly flat, and the entourage and context is made in a 3d editor and not one thing can be changed or customized about the worlds. They come as they are.

So what do you guys think?
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @Eliharb I would love if they did this. I've been thinking about them actually doing something like this in my head, but I wasn't sure how they would be able to do it. It could also remove the need for TS3 style friezes, but I hope that you can make a room with a half-wall and then add a ceiling on it like a frieze.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree, they could definitely allow each room to have its own height, that just complicates the grid system above that floor and I'm guessing is the reason it hasn't been done. How do they reconcile multiple height variances in the grid system on a single level, perhaps lock the grid at the highest option defined by the floor below? The terrain however is a thing of the past unfortunately, and no that's never coming back. Remember how messy lot borders on hilly terrain were in TS3? It was a great option but they got lazy and just scrapped it altogether which is definitely disappointing. The worlds look very pretty, however they are so flat and scripted, can't change a thing. Its like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back...
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    There are actually areas of terrain that are not completely flat in some neighbourhoods. Granite Falls, for example, has hills and dips. Even Magnolia Blossom Park has sloped walkways. These are all off-lot though.
    Some of the actual Lots are not all perfectly flat either, even though they appear to be to look at. If you attempt to place a pool or fountain, the ground depresses and floor tiles cannot be applied to the surrounding area. This at least shows that terrain sculpting is a capability of the game engine.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Well the lots in Sims 4 don't feel like they're related to the world that much. I feel like they could definitely make a world with hills and different levels. I would love for one lot to have an interesting view of something underneath like some lots on a cliff with a view of the city or whatever. I hope to see things like that in the future. There's something about placing a building on the edge of a hill or a cliff it's just so interesting.

And concerning the floor levels, I don't think grids would be that big of a problem since in Sims 2 you could have ruptured grids on the higher levels because of something you did below and they would work just fine. I don't know why Sims 4 is over-simplified. It really is a "one step forward 3 steps back" situation.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    ZeevahZeevah Posts: 52 Member
    The terrain however is a thing of the past unfortunately, and no that's never coming back. Remember how messy lot borders on hilly terrain were in TS3? It was a great option but they got lazy and just scrapped it altogether which is definitely disappointing. The worlds look very pretty, however they are so flat and scripted, can't change a thing. Its like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back...

Even if we never have "hills" in sims 4 it would still be nice to be able to add some sort of terrain to our lots but like the fencing make it limited to only the inner tiles.