Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't have baby at Hospital.

UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
Disclaimer: I have no mods installed, I didn't edit my hospital, Everything is pure "vanilla". I have cleared caches, and I have repaired my game. I made a thread about it in the GTW section, but since it's a completely unmodded game, I thought I should post here. Other people are having the same issue too.

The reason for the creation of this test file was because I was having this issue with an edited-hospital, modded, cc filled save game. I figured "hey let's try it with nothing to see if it's the game or me." Well here's what happened:

Cassandra went into labour, so I sent her and her husband, Malcolm, to the hospital to have the baby. The doctor and nurse were just standing outside, doing nothing. I've never ever had a baby at the hospital before so I figured, "maybe the receptionist will call them in." So I had Cassandra waddle to the receptionist to check in...The social dropped into the que and it played out like it should, no failed social. The receptionist used the phone or whatever, but the doctor was STILL standing there. Meanwhile, and a couple sim-hours later, Cassandra is just standing there in labour and Malcolm is wandering the hospital. The Doctor and Nurse are STILL standing there.
Finally the receptionist does something other than play around on the computer: He gets up and waves! Then leaves. He, the Doctor and the nurse leave the lot...only to be replaced. I hoped maybe with would work, even though I knew it wouldn't...The new receptionist came and sat down, but the doctor and nurse are in their spot on the sidewalk. I tried to reset everybody, but that made the option to check in with the receptionist disappear completely. Cassandra is stuck in labour, at the hospital...going on 26 hours.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~

Comments