Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give us tools to create our own hairstyles and clothing

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Something else I would like to see is a tool for configuring our own aspirations. I know this sort of thing isn't adding anything physical, but I think it would allow us to customise our sims in a deeper way by allowing us to define our own motivations for them.

Yes I would love that too! i think more options for creation , customisation and configuration would make this game truly great !

that would be so cool

I have some hope that this will happen at some point. It seems to me that they have really tried to make the base sims themselves the centre of the game in this iteration and the GT pack confirms that in that it is adding gameplay to the sims themselves. If they continue that trend then it can only increase the degree of sophistication of the actual sims over time.

Of course, I am only speculating and I am sure there will be some that will recoil in horror at the thought of that development path.

if that will just be so they remember all ages (still not happy about teens looking like adults... it makes me feel like not only toddlers a re missing but teens also) for now it feels like they focus soly on YA/adult... and I don't like that. But I do love if they focus more on sim actions and how sims interact with each other and the inviroment.

I wish EA would comunicat with us about it.

Yes, I can understand that frustration.

The one thing I do like about this upcoming pack is it's effects will be across the entire game and will be for the lifespan of the game. Straight off the bat, the new functionality will apply to all sims of all the current ages and so when, or if, new life stages are added, they will also be able to make use of these features.

One of my concerns about the pack content delivery model is that you could end up with fragmented gameplay. I like to use the inability to capture insects outside of Granite Falls as an example of that. This EP shows that content can be added that affects the game as a whole. Of course, it will still leave me not being able to catch insects :/

Again, I am purely speculating, but it is feasible that they wish to enhance the base sim behaviour before adding in (or adjusting) new sim types.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Something else I would like to see is a tool for configuring our own aspirations. I know this sort of thing isn't adding anything physical, but I think it would allow us to customise our sims in a deeper way by allowing us to define our own motivations for them.

Yes I would love that too! i think more options for creation , customisation and configuration would make this game truly great !

that would be so cool

I have some hope that this will happen at some point. It seems to me that they have really tried to make the base sims themselves the centre of the game in this iteration and the GT pack confirms that in that it is adding gameplay to the sims themselves. If they continue that trend then it can only increase the degree of sophistication of the actual sims over time.

Of course, I am only speculating and I am sure there will be some that will recoil in horror at the thought of that development path.

if that will just be so they remember all ages (still not happy about teens looking like adults... it makes me feel like not only toddlers a re missing but teens also) for now it feels like they focus soly on YA/adult... and I don't like that. But I do love if they focus more on sim actions and how sims interact with each other and the inviroment.

I wish EA would comunicat with us about it.

Yes, I can understand that frustration.

The one thing I do like about this upcoming pack is it's effects will be across the entire game and will be for the lifespan of the game. Straight off the bat, the new functionality will apply to all sims of all the current ages and so when, or if, new life stages are added, they will also be able to make use of these features.

One of my concerns about the pack content delivery model is that you could end up with fragmented gameplay. I like to use the inability to capture insects outside of Granite Falls as an example of that. This EP shows that content can be added that affects the game as a whole. Of course, it will still leave me not being able to catch insects :/

Again, I am purely speculating, but it is feasible that they wish to enhance the base sim behaviour before adding in (or adjusting) new sim types.

Thats posibel
    The fact that they didn't have time makes me wish they waithed on releasing sims4 until finished, instead of patch Ingen things like pool, familie trees and hope fully soon toddlers.

What ever their reason is the least they could do is comunicate better, even a we cant go into details but we are working on x, would work
    + they really did a bad job advertising the new ep.... and the group. Why not show that it cover kids? And that it is more than party?

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ShellySubShellySub Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2015
    mistake
  • Options
    Sheli3Sheli3 Posts: 60 Member
    that would be pretty hard because you need to know how to design in 3D. its not as simple as it looks.
    Origin ID: ShellySub
  • Options
    ShellySub wrote: »
    that would be pretty hard because you need to know how to design in 3D. its not as simple as it looks.

A recolor ea content should be posibel
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Sheli3Sheli3 Posts: 60 Member
    @anettesb but the post writer asked for tools to design *our own* hairstyles and clothes. not recolor...
    Origin ID: ShellySub
  • Options
    Sheli3 wrote: »
    @anettesb but the post writer asked for tools to design *our own* hairstyles and clothes. not recolor...

True but even that they done befor i sim2
    + caw i sims 3 is also more of a challenge,
    So I think that is possible as a tool of the more advance kind
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited August 2015
    I think hairstyle creator should be possible . They can give us some basic building blocks and we just glue them together :) clothing creator might be a bit more tricky to do well but not impossible considering the building tool of ts4 is probably one of the most advanced architecture design tools around ?
  • Options
    I think hairstyle creator should be possible . They can give us some basic building blocks and we just glue them together :) clothing creator might be a bit more tricky to do well but not impossible consisting the building tool of ts4 is probably one of the most advanced architecture design tools around ?

even clothing could be building blocks.... I think

love the idea of building block hairs... pick bangs type or no bangs... and each reagion of the head is like that...
    or it is pull in the hair like you do to the nose when makeing a sim

• Options
    yelsha23yelsha23 Posts: 93 Member
    Support I miss the Bodyshop,Color Wheel,and CAST.
    tumblr_n7y83bVjHh1smb1ddo1_400.gif