Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give us tools to create our own hairstyles and clothing

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
If they really care about the game and their fans who like to be creative in the game (that's why we play the sims not other shooting and explosion games) , stop giving us stuff packs after stuff packs. Please release tools that let us design our own hairstyles and clothing (and the world too). I know EA can do it given the sophisticated building and CAS tools they managed to pull off in ts4. Of course the only reason they would not do it is their desire to milk us all dry with stuff packs. If they truly care about their fans they would choose to do the right thing. Good game design comes first, not milking fans. Treat us as fans not customers please.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims Creator and Sims 2 Body Shop I loved, so it would be awesome to have something like that for the Sims 4 especially since it doesn't have CAST or color wheel. But yeah more customization would be really nice to have.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2015
    A body shop for the Sims 4 is possible.

Create-A-World is also possible, but can be time consuming due to loading screens and how the worlds are set up at the moment.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes! I've been thinking about the hairstyle thing for a while now. I wish that the short hairstyles had at least a couple cute bobs or pixie cuts. They are either boyish looking or a bun (which isn't a short hairstyle, btw).
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    I never used the body shop in ts2. Can you create completely new hairstyles or just changing colours ?

I think it would be awesome to include hair design skill and fashion design skill and embed these two tools within the game . Sims can then become hair stylists (not just select from existing hairstyles but design completely new ones) and fashion designers (again not just dress up mannequin)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited August 2015
    We already can..its called custom content. Fans actually have to make that stuff yknow..
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Not everyone can mod but the building and CAS tools are designed in a way that anyone without 3d modelling skills can be creative and design new houses and sims . That's what we need in the game for "stuff" creation
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I never used the body shop in ts2. Can you create completely new hairstyles or just changing colours ?

I think it would be awesome to include hair design skill and fashion design skill and embed these two tools within the game . Sims can then become hair stylists (not just select from existing hairstyles but design completely new ones) and fashion designers (again not just dress up mannequin)
    Yes you can change color and tweak meshes with it. For the Sims 4, in order to make new hairstyles and clothing Simmers are using the Sims 4 PE and other third party programs. Some of the best CC sites I have found for hair and clothing are modthesims.info, thesimsresource, and lumialoversims just to name a few. sims4updates and sims4downloads are great resources to find any CC or mod on the internet.

This was the Sims 2 body shop and I loved it a lot.
    the-sims-2-body-shop-04-467x535.png
    screen002-1.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    You're an example of a person who blames Sims 4 for "lacking" features Sims 3 didn't even have... just stop. The Sims 3 had a create a world tool, but never had any official tools to create clothing or hairstyles. Also, the create a world tool wasn't available at launch either. It took quite awhile before it was released. Stop making Sims 4 look worse than it actually is. You're desperate to find reasons to hate the game... it's pathetic.

As for the many stuff packs they're releasing... they're no different than the Sims 3 store. Would you rather pay $10 for a pack of stuff or $10 for like one premium content? Exactly. Not to mention the fact that Sims 3's stuff packs were $20 and came with about the same amount of content these ones do. Again, you're reaching too far and high to find a reason to hate this game.

Note: I'm not even a fan of Sims 4. I've been playing Sims 3 lately because I'm bored with it (Sims 4). However, I don't go around claiming how Sims 4 is "lacking" things even the previous installment didn't have.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I love this game and play it whenever I have time :smiley:

Like many sims fans we want the game to be better!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    So anyway, to get back on topic this is what the Sims Creator looked like. It was a cool tool too and how I was able to make my first Simself.

latest?cb=20111119100127
    118371.jpg

So this is one of the tools that Sims 4 players use that was created by Simmers.
    1.jpg
    pgUvoRV.jpg

It uses kind of the same ideas that the Sims Creator and Sims 2 Body Shop used. It's kind of challenging learning how to create your own CC, but worth it just to have your own creations in the game. I would recommend checking out modthesims.info. There are a lot of cool tutorials there of how to make your own custom content. There is a modding and CC section on these forums too which might prove to be more helpful and the tutorials for CC creation can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/tutorials-and-tools- So if you have any questions feel free to ask there.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on creating cc. Will look it up .

I remember in ts2 free time they have clothes making skill but it is very limited :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on creating cc. Will look it up .

I remember in ts2 free time they have clothes making skill but it is very limited :)
    Your welcome. I'm still trying to learn how to create CC myself.
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Its very easy to create cc with Sims4Studio . All you need is photoshop, dds plugins from nvidia, and you can create amazing recolors. For example is very easy to make a blonde hair to a light blue color. I have already recolor many hairs, and the scull cap in my profile picture :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I would welcome a Sims creation tool from Maxis. I'm hoping for a wallpaper and flooring tool too and a public-space editor. Those tools would deepen the experience, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I would welcome a Sims creation tool from Maxis. I'm hoping for a wallpaper and flooring tool too and a public-space editor. Those tools would deepen the experience, in my opinion.

Me too. A tool that can use a program other than photoshop because everyone doesn't have or use photoshop.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

I remember the HomeCrafter tool that Maxis put on their Sims website for Sims 1. I loved making my own walls and floors, and I would really appreciate an easy to use EA made program to made and add my own designs for walls and floors to my game.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'd love a tool like that, i'm obsessed with the hair in this game since I love the hairstyles, but i'd love it if we could make our own custom hair a bit easier, I already know tons of hairs I would like the create! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member

I remember the HomeCrafter tool that Maxis put on their Sims website for Sims 1. I loved making my own walls and floors, and I would really appreciate an easy to use EA made program to made and add my own designs for walls and floors to my game.
    I used the wallpaper and flooring tool extensively during TS2, when I created New Jakarta. The hardest part was creating indonesian Sims because the game kept generating caucasians for everything. But yeah, that was the period where I was the most active with the CC-side of things.
    I just played TS1 with was available for it officially. I never felt that I needed more with that game.
    In TS3, I could keep all of it in-game, which is still the best thing ever when it comes to the franchise as a whole. I did use Create-a-Pattern a lot, and so had no need for outside CC. I just took an item and made it 'new' with minimal effort. For the rest there was CAS. I'm thinking of getting back into CAW, but I never was able to create something worthwhile with it...
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015

Me too. A tool that can use a program other than photoshop because everyone doesn't have or use photoshop.

Indeed, photoshop is an awful lot of money. There are other programs that will do the job tho', if you did want to have a go - paint.net, gimp, etc.

Personally, I would like some in game tool mainly because I don't always want to be taken out of the game. I like the way I can switch to build mode and live mode currently, so anything else added like that would be really good, imo.

I have the same feelings with options. I can (and do) install mods to aid me in getting the game how I like it, but I still think it would be good to have extra in game options such as town management, more detailed AI/autonomy options etc. I'd like these available in live mode.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    While we are at it , I would also like to see tools for creating new furniture (handiness skill), mixing ingredients to invent new recipes (baking and cooking skills), create new pieces of music (piano and other music skills), etc. not just consume whatever EA created for us .... Maybe I am dreaming ...
  • Options
    Something else I would like to see is a tool for configuring our own aspirations. I know this sort of thing isn't adding anything physical, but I think it would allow us to customise our sims in a deeper way by allowing us to define our own motivations for them.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Something else I would like to see is a tool for configuring our own aspirations. I know this sort of thing isn't adding anything physical, but I think it would allow us to customise our sims in a deeper way by allowing us to define our own motivations for them.

Yes I would love that too! i think more options for creation , customisation and configuration would make this game truly great !
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

Yes I would love that too! i think more options for creation , customisation and configuration would make this game truly great !

that would be so cool

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

that would be so cool

I have some hope that this will happen at some point. It seems to me that they have really tried to make the base sims themselves the centre of the game in this iteration and the GT pack confirms that in that it is adding gameplay to the sims themselves. If they continue that trend then it can only increase the degree of sophistication of the actual sims over time.

Of course, I am only speculating and I am sure there will be some that will recoil in horror at the thought of that development path.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

that would be so cool

I have some hope that this will happen at some point. It seems to me that they have really tried to make the base sims themselves the centre of the game in this iteration and the GT pack confirms that in that it is adding gameplay to the sims themselves. If they continue that trend then it can only increase the degree of sophistication of the actual sims over time.

Of course, I am only speculating and I am sure there will be some that will recoil in horror at the thought of that development path.

if that will just be so they remember all ages (still not happy about teens looking like adults... it makes me feel like not only toddlers a re missing but teens also) for now it feels like they focus soly on YA/adult... and I don't like that. But I do love if they focus more on sim actions and how sims interact with each other and the inviroment.

I wish EA would comunicat with us about it.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳