Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,989 Member
    They are both good.
    At first OR will give you more new things to do. It gives you 5 lots for vacation, and a national park lot.( with a secret lot included) I'ce chests and tents and things that go in your inventory. The herbslism skill also gives you a several bottles of insect repellent, deodorant etc. That you can sell at a store. It gives a new aspiration, herbalism skill, and squeamish trait. It has horse shoes, new gaming table, folding table etc., I enjoy using the tarp, weiner roast, and ice chest and hoseshoe pit at parks.. I also love some of the back to nature stuff... Like a log stump or Rock to sit on, one to use as a table etc. It has some beautiful places to use your photography skill. New insect collections for kids. New fish to catch, new secret lot to explore.

Spa day has cute yoga animations and you can build up to meditating and levitating. If your adult/ team sims get Tense a lot then it can help, but it is not very family oriented.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I say spa day. At the end of the day I just didn't feel like OR added that much to do. Herblism is only useful if you frequently go to GF, star gazing is cute, but not exciting, tents are cute but you can't see inside of them. (Nice if you like to play "rags to riches"), you can't store food in the cooler, and most of the other things don't have much day to day use. (At least to me)

I'd say buy both before you even consider a stuff pack but if I had to pick one it's spa day. If you're not interested in yoga, teleportation, and massages, the style of furniture though then yeah go for OR.

Stargazing/cloudgazing is a quick way to get Inspired though, if you've got Sims that need that mood for producing better quality items (painting, cooking, writing). And until we get actual lounge chairs, the camp chairs work well next to the pool.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited August 2015
    I say spa day. At the end of the day I just didn't feel like OR added that much to do. Herblism is only useful if you frequently go to GF, star gazing is cute, but not exciting, tents are cute but you can't see inside of them. (Nice if you like to play "rags to riches"), you can't store food in the cooler, and most of the other things don't have much day to day use. (At least to me)

I'd say buy both before you even consider a stuff pack but if I had to pick one it's spa day. If you're not interested in yoga, teleportation, and massages, the style of furniture though then yeah go for OR.

Stargazing/cloudgazing is a quick way to get Inspired though, if you've got Sims that need that mood for producing better quality items (painting, cooking, writing). And until we get actual lounge chairs, the camp chairs work well next to the pool.

I think the issue for me is that in the end I just didn't use it that much. When I go on vacation to GF I feel like there's not really much to do for my sims. Also I have the Sims 3 lights so I don't have trouble with those types of "moods" but even then I've always ignored the emotional requirements. Not my style.

If it had 2 more activities or so I'd have liked it more. Maybe when the game adds more venues I could see myself adding them to GF and enjoying myself more. Heck, I bet adding a spa venue to GF would even make me like it more. I like the idea of the family going on vacation to GF and relaxing in some mud baths or getting massages after exploring the woods. Still bothers me that sims can't "hike together".

Just my personal opinion of course. :)

Edit: I do have to say though, I forgot about the traits. I like the squeamish traits. Also it does come with an aspiration. So those things are for sure a plus for OR.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    I think I am going to buy either both today or OR today and then Spa Day at some point over the next few weeks. I have successfully found $16.54 in coat pockets, under beds, etc. so maybe I can scrounge up $3.46 more and grab both packs today... I am extremely excited!

In terms of Build/Buy Mode items, which pack had more stuff? Just curious.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I think the issue for me is that in the end I just didn't use it that much. When I go on vacation to GF I feel like there's not really much to do for my sims. Also I have the Sims 3 lights so I don't have trouble with those types of "moods" but even then I've always ignored the emotional requirements. Not my style.

If it had 2 more activities or so I'd have liked it more. Maybe when the game adds more venues I could see myself adding them to GF and enjoying myself more. Heck, I bet adding a spa venue to GF would even make me like it more. I like the idea of the family going on vacation to GF and relaxing in some mud baths or getting massages after exploring the woods. Still bothers me that sims can't "hike together".

Edit: I do have to say though, I forgot about the traits. I like the squeamish traits. Also it does come with an aspiration. So those things are for sure a plus for OR.

I was disappointed that Spa Day didn't come with new traits or aspirations -- a One with Everything aspiration focusing on Wellness skill (yoga and meditation) might have been really fun. Maybe a Zen trait that would help learning yoga and meditation faster. My thought is that every EP and GP should add at least one trait and one aspiration, if it's at all possible, and especially if the pack adds a new skill.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I think I am going to buy either both today or OR today and then Spa Day at some point over the next few weeks. I have successfully found $16.54 in coat pockets, under beds, etc. so maybe I can scrounge up $3.46 more and grab both packs today... I am extremely excited!

In terms of Build/Buy Mode items, which pack had more stuff? Just curious.

Awesome! :) I hope you can get both but either way I hope you have lots of fun with OR. I don't know the item count off the top of my head but if you open the game up and click "Downloadable content" (top right, three plumbob icon) you can view what items are in each pack.

It looks like Spa day has more build mode items but OR has plants and Terrain paint.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    They are both very good in my opinion! Too both you can't get both . If I had to choose one I would probably go for outdoor retreat as I really like vacationing
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I was disappointed that Spa Day didn't come with new traits or aspirations -- a One with Everything aspiration focusing on Wellness skill (yoga and meditation) might have been really fun. Maybe a Zen trait that would help learning yoga and meditation faster. My thought is that every EP and GP should add at least one trait and one aspiration, if it's at all possible, and especially if the pack adds a new skill.

Agreed. I don't understand why Spa day didn't have traits, and aspirations, or even a new career (besides the npc ones though maybe they're saving those for EP only). As you said a zen trait would have been perfect and a health and wellness aspiration would have fit perfectly. Maybe it would have even been a perfect time to add a vegan/vegetarian trait and a couple off meatless dishes.

Hopefully the next SP will add some traits. :) At least Get together will add more. I'm always for adding more ways to customize our sims.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Spa Day first and outdoor retreat later.
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I've always liked taking Sim families with kids camping in OR. Haven't done anything family-oriented with Spa Day (though I like it too).
  • Options
    lapislazulilapislazuli Posts: 73 Member
    Although OR doesn't have much everyday use, it is the more family orientated game pack. It's always fun to do a family camping trip!
    anyways,
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm purchasing A pack tomorrow morning but unfortunately I can't choose! I thought I could buy two but I am short on cash and permission from the parentals :/
    I thought I was all set on OR but now I'm confused again! I am SO INDECISIVE!

Edit: I have reverted to my original decision to buy OR, most of the Spa Day gameplay doesn't appeal to my playstyle and so if I do choose to buy it, it will be on sale and marked down to a good price... to me the only appeal was the wellness skill and that's just not worth it compared to everything I love about OR. I do have a question: In the dropdown menu where you choose how long your vacation will be, if you choose 2 days, how many nights do you get? Thank you guys for all of your help!
    Post edited by Twoeta_Bird on