Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game pack?

*cue indecisiveness*
I have to choose between Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day! I can't buy both game packs and I'm not waiting until November for the new Ep, so any assistance would be appreciated in picking out a pack!
I have GTW if that would help you choose between them.
Also: I am a family play Simmer.
I need to have the pack picked out by around 4:00 so I can purchase it and check it out before I leave for vacation tonight (it's going to be my entertainment in the car). So, assist me everyone! Which pack do you personally prefer and why?

Comments

• RafxxRafxx Posts: 75 Member
    Being new to Sims 4 and not knowing a whole lot about anything I'd like to know the awnser to this too.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I, personally, like Spa Day more than Outdoor Retreat (although OR is a good Game Pack, too).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    Neither. They both are boring as hell o:)
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Both of them. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @WriterJunkie What do you prefer about it? I was looking at Spa Day for the wellness skill.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2015
    Outdoor Retreat would probably work better for family play -- you can send the whole family on vacation. I've done modifications to the Outdoor Retreat sites, such as adding monkey bars and a pirate ship jungle gym so kids have a place to play, and of course they can fish. No computer or TV but I make sure there's a bookcase in each cabin, plus a card table (kids can play cards with their parents or each other) and a chess table.

If you've got teens instead of young kids, Spa Day would be a good addition -- the teens can start their Wellness skill with yoga and meditation, and the muscle-relaxing bath is great for Active Sims.

Have a good vacation!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Personally, out of the two, I prefer Spa Day because I quite enjoy the content more. I'm a family player, too, and while vacationing away is cool beans, my sims just haven't bothered to visit Granite Falls much. It's nice as a day or so getaway but I can never do a full weekend out there lol.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I enjoy Outdoor retreat got lots of new plants for the garden, the camp fire and somewhere for your Sim to go, but rarely use it now. Spa day comes with some great buildmode stuff which I use all the time now.
    @stilljustme2 okay, that's what I was thinking because you can't bring kids to the spa (and I doubt they'd enjoy it). What exactly is there to DO in Outdoor Retreat, though?

@Colton147147 Wanna lend me an extra $20? I'd love to get both! No, in all seriousness I have to pick one, I'm short on money currently.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I personally prefer the Spa Game pack, since it gives them more to do from day to day, like yoga and going to the spa with a friend, I also love the clothing and hairs in the Spa pack. I think Outdoor Retreat is great aswell, although I don't use it quite often, I don't use the objects and clothing and I only go on vacation from time to time, so for me it doesn't have a game changing impact as the Spa pack, although that's how I think of it!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    I can't decide either
    Dilaxer wrote: »
    Neither. They both are boring as hell o:)

bear_facepalm_by_akgaimer-d3bkgsu.png

• PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I like both for different reasons. I like the gameplay of OR better since there is a whole world to explore in addition to the new skills, and the scenery in GF is beautiful. I also really like SD, but I feel like I could play for hours in GF whereas a visit to the spa might only eat up a half hour at a time
    @stilljustme2 okay, that's what I was thinking because you can't bring kids to the spa (and I doubt they'd enjoy it). What exactly is there to DO in Outdoor Retreat, though?

@Colton147147 Wanna lend me an extra $20? I'd love to get both! No, in all seriousness I have to pick one, I'm short on money currently.

As I said, kids can fish (I think fishing helps Mental skill), they can roast marshmallows and weenies at the campfire, and can listen to and tell group stories. I can't remember if they can collect things -- I'll have to test that in my game; I've got one child right now and I think his family needs a vacation anyway.

Kids can go to the Spa and get hand/foot massages and the bath soaks, but they can't do yoga or meditate. That's why while I love Spa Day and think it's the best pack ever produced in The Sims series, it's probably more appropriate for teen Sims and older.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Twoeta_Bird I really love the wellness skill, and yoga. Plus the venues are well done and I can spend a whole sim day at them just getting different types of massages and in the sauna. I haven't even tried the mud baths yet. It's a great pack for pampering your sims.

Outdoor Retreat is fun for a few things to do, but I find myself bored on vacation half way thru the first sim day. I rarely vacation for more than 2 days at a time cause I just can't find anything to do beyond that.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • LoMaSums3LoMaSums3 Posts: 54 Member
    I recommend spa day! It is so well done and you will have much fun with it
  • SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    Outdoor Retreat is more family oriented. Spa Day is more for a single Sim. Hope this helps :P
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

@SimmySammyWammy that's pretty much what I was thinking.
  • domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    It's like comparing a chocolate and pizza, both are good but depends on how you play.
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Outdoor Retreat is more family oriented. Spa Day is more for a single Sim. Hope this helps :P

I agree. Spa Day looks lovely (I don't currently have it), but I do like Outdoor Retreat and think it works well for the family play style. Spa Day looks nice for single sim play. Last time I played I had sent my Pleasant family (my Sims 4 version of the Sims 1 family) camping and it was a lot of fun playing them. I think it makes for some nice sim family memories.

Well I have about 2 hours and 20 minutes to choose but at this point I'm down to pulling apart couch cushions and tearing my house down looking for money to buy both!
    edited August 2015
    Not sure why that double-posted...
    Post edited by Twoeta_Bird on
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Outdoor Retreat forever! But take a look and decide it for yourself:

gpcomparison_zpsrzqho550.png
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • ZespriZespri Posts: 129 Member
    For family play choose Outdoor Retreat. However, that pack was already boring me after a week, since my Sims rarely go on vacation. The items are too specific to use on a daily basis. I still use most items of Spa Day, I personally think that pack is the most fun.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I say spa day. At the end of the day I just didn't feel like OR added that much to do. Herblism is only useful if you frequently go to GF, star gazing is cute, but not exciting, tents are cute but you can't see inside of them. (Nice if you like to play "rags to riches"), you can't store food in the cooler, and most of the other things don't have much day to day use. (At least to me)

I'd say buy both before you even consider a stuff pack but if I had to pick one it's spa day. If you're not interested in yoga, teleportation, and massages, the style of furniture though then yeah go for OR.

2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.