Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who here is at least willing to give Get Together a chance?

I honestly find it cool and intriguing. I really wanna get it, you know? I liked the look of the trailer, and I'm really excited for the clubs and the new Woohoo spots~
Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA

Comments

• Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Crickets.+found+on+facebook_e1cfbd_3982130.jpg
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You'll find lots of people who are looking forward to this pack in the Get Together category of the forums! People have been especially talking about the new club system.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I'm excited for the new relationships. It does seem like we see more negative posts about Get Together then we do positive.
  • Options
    Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="Bananas_45;13984354"]I'm excited for the new relationships. It does seem like we see more negative posts about Get Together then we do positive.[/quote]

I know, right?
    It makes me sad to see people say things like "they should scrap Get together!" Or "boycott get together!" Because it's pretty much already set to go, they're just finishing up parts, like the world... But I'm so stoked for the clubs!!!

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm interested in watching the Let's Play and the reviews.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I was pretty confused by the trailer at first but as I've learned more stuff about it- it has real promise imo. The way you can set up mutually antagonistic groups I think could provide some fun. I also really like what I've seen of the town and was thrilled to know you could run the cafe as a business via the GTW retail system. All in all I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I don't know... Really on the fence about The Sims franchise entirely right now.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I honestly find it cool and intriguing. I really wanna get it, you know? I liked the look of the trailer, and I'm really excited for the clubs and the new Woohoo spots~

Nothing wrong with that. Have fun! If I thought there was something really deviant in it like I could get some rags and put on Sims heads, make two rival gangs for 'groups' and have them throw down whether that is poking each other in the chests and starting fights, with the dust rolling, I would think about it more. >:) And of course I want that as autonomous actions but then I think about the culling and my rival gang might get culled and I am out of room (no they are all mine!) to move in unplayed Sims into empty lots. So...they would be gone tomorrow if I could even play that way. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    If you buy it, then you'll be telling EA that it's alright to ignore their fans and release pointless plum while stringing us all along...

#SaveRalph
  • Options
    Jerman wrote: »
    If you buy it, then you'll be telling EA that it's alright to ignore their fans and release pointless plum while stringing us all along...

#SaveRalph

Cutting EPs doesn't save Ralph, Cutting out or lowering the number of SPs and GPs they intend to milk does. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    You Rule
    Just remember that people.
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cutting EPs doesn't save Ralph, Cutting out or lowering the number of SPs and GPs they intend to milk does. :)

They still need some quality control on these expansions.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

#SaveRalph

I don't feel ignored. I asked for more things for my sims to do together and thats what Im getting.
  • Options

They still need some quality control on these expansions.

True
  • Options

#SaveRalph

I don't feel ignored. I asked for more things for my sims to do together and thats what Im getting.

Right now, I wish the next big thing was actually a big thing, like toddlers and Generations with better AI and more physical interactions between Sims. That would make me buy, because that would be a big thing to me. But I need toddles first, and so just sitting here watching the wheels turn 'round and 'round.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

#SaveRalph

Right now, I wish the next big thing was actually a big thing, like toddlers and Generations with better AI and more physical interactions between Sims. That would make me buy, because that would be a big thing to me. But I need toddles first, and so just sitting here watching the wheels turn 'round and 'round.
    I think the content that was released this year was planned and partially made in advance. I truly believe they are now working on family play and that we will see something next year.
  • Options

#SaveRalph

I think the content that was released this year was planned and partially made in advance. I truly believe they are now working on family play and that we will see something next year.

You know I hope with all my heart that is true I am not a hater. I get so tired of saying that, lol. I like these Sims 'o.k' but gameplay to me is sort of 'meh' because I am not one to do aspiration chores to stay busy in a sandbox game. Or want to do daily task in linear careers. Not my thing. I love sandbox that lets me figure out instead of tell me what to do next. However, I can get around that (some) in this game without cheating so it's just meh right now.

If I thought the rest of my game was coming shortly I would be very happy. Toddlers (yay!) and a generations EP that would add tag, hide and seek, play pool, dance on toes etc. stuff like that (more physical interactions like play ball, lol) something! I would do a dance and be TS4's biggest cheerleader. But I fear it won't happen before this game ends. Because yes, they are funny I just need some stuff for 'me' to love it.

I don't mind semi open worlds or loading screens because I love the TS2 more than all. I just need my gameplay styles to return. I hope they do.
  • Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    No. My money stays with me until they *wake up* and listen to AND supply, the quality content (missing from base game) players REALLY want. Not the *rubbish* they are constantly pushing out.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    You Rule
    Just remember that people.

i sure as plum rule :naughty:

2vjbfdk.jpg

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    [quote="Jerman;13984462"]If you buy it, then you'll be telling EA that it's alright to ignore their fans and release pointless plum while stringing us all along...

#SaveRalph[/quote]

No, if I buy it, and I will, I'll be telling EA that I like what they put out. Personally. I'm not saying that everyone likes what EA puts out, but for myself, I'm pretty content. Would I like some toddlers? Sure, I guess, I'm not really a family player, I'm more of a creator. I'm the simmer that enjoys spending most of my time creating sims and houses, experiencing the game for short bursts, and then getting bored, deleting my saved files, only to make new families/sims/houses. So I'm all for new packs that give me more stuff to play with. Is that how other people play? Not always.

I understand that a lot of people are upset and feeling ignored, and they have a right to be upset, but I'm not. Do I feel strung along? Nope. Am I super stoked for the pack that gives us new interactions and a whole new feature: clubs? You bet your sweet potatoes I am.

• Options
    LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm not sure about it. I'm annoyed that it looks thrown together and isn't at all what players have been asking for but at the same time if I don't get some new traits and life goals I'm just going to give up. So far I am super bored with Sims 4 and I own all released content. :/

I'd go back to Sims 3 but I was kind of hoping being the 4th in the series this instalment would be even better.....
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • Options
    [quote="LittleMeow93;13985897"]I'm not sure about it. I'm annoyed that it looks thrown together and isn't at all what players have been asking for but at the same time if I don't get some new traits and life goals I'm just going to give up. So far I am super bored with Sims 4 and I own all released content. :/

I'd go back to Sims 3 but I was kind of hoping being the 4th in the series this instalment would be even better.....[/quote]

If it helps any, the ep is actually based around clubs, which give a whole new dynamic and open-ended play style to the game. The other stuff just helps add on to the fact that you can make more new venues for your clubs to hang out and socialize. Some more info is coming out on it, and there is some good info in the Get Together forum, just look for the ones that say they contain new info on the ep :smiley: I hope this helps you somewhat with not COMPLETELY giving up on sims 4 haha ^^;

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I will buy it play it and love it of course
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Chocaholic523
    No, if I buy it, and I will, I'll be telling EA that I like what they put out. Personally. I'm not saying that everyone likes what EA puts out, but for myself, I'm pretty content. Would I like some toddlers? Sure, I guess, I'm not really a family player, I'm more of a creator.

I'm the simmer that enjoys spending most of my time creating sims and houses, experiencing the game for short bursts, and then getting bored, deleting my saved files, only to make new families/sims/houses. So I'm all for new packs that give me more stuff to play with.

Is that how other people play? Not always.

I understand that a lot of people are upset and feeling ignored, and they have a right to be upset, but I'm not. Do I feel strung along? Nope. Am I super stoked for the pack that gives us new interactions and a whole new feature: clubs? You bet your sweet potatoes I am.

congratulations that the devs met with their vision & development of TS4 exactly what your playstyle is

but i hope you understand that other people's playstyles were removed to make space for yours

what you say that is now boring for you, that part where the actual gameplay with the sims created in the houses created takes place, that part would be for me & for quite a lot of players the main playstyle
    it is the playstyle of those people who want to tell stories about sims, stories that evolve within the game with twists & actual interactions happening in the game, built with the game's options, which involve traits & interactions & just lots of different normal things to do like two children playing together (without a giant spaceship or giant dollhouse inbetween)

i make sims, i build houses, i like making both, especially making sims, but my main playstyle is to tell stories i spin
    even if i create a sim i have always a story of life & character of that sim in mind & i build usually a house for a certain sim with his/her life & character in mind
    & where you just shrug your shoulders & say, eh meh boring & go to your main playstyle, i feel cut off from it & start to question the sense to create sims which i won't be able to play

that's why i mainly now create from time to time houses along actual houseplans, those houses are not built for any particular sim anymore, i couldn't bear it to make it
    that building of houses, that part of the game i cared quite little in all 3 previous iterations & where i often even prefered to download houses made by other people which then would match my stories, i am now forced to only build houses in TS4 because there is nothing left for me to tell those stories with those interesting sims i would usually do

& as long the basegame doesn't contain that option to tell interesting stories, as long is every EP useless
    & meantime i think TS4 will never improve, other people hope still, i am done with hoping & therefore i surely won't buy more of those useless EPs, GPs & SPs, what for ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I think there's still more that will be added to it so I am interested in buying it.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif