Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please make surveys available for us ALL!

EA, if you really want an idea of what the majority of players want, why send emails to random people? Why not upload the survey/poll for ALL of us simmers to partake in, that will tell you what all of us want. I know simsvip has an unofficial one, but I still think EA should give all of us a chance to voice our opinions on something they'll look at for once. Also, THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING TODDLERS.
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree, there should be one section either on the website or in here that would serve as a survey thing for a short period of time. That way everyone could participate, the majority and minority that way would be fair for all in my point of view.

Though it could be a big lot of surveys to go through :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I agree with your title. :(

Plus, No matter how people like to say this site is a small part of the Sims community, I know better. They're ALL here. :lol:
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Agreed.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Well, they should still post it on their website, that way they get a clear vision of what players want.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    As cool as that would be, that is not how surveys work. If EA is doing a survey, they want to have an idea as to what a cross-section of their targeted demo want. Letting everyone participate with no regard for methodology will make the results less useful as you can't generalize it to the entire target demo.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    staravia81 wrote: »
    As cool as that would be, that is not how surveys work. If EA is doing a survey, they want to have an idea as to what a cross-section of their targeted demo want. Letting everyone participate with no regard for methodology will make the results less useful as you can't generalize it to the entire target demo.

That's true they are targeting a select demographic. If you are sent a survey and are over a certain age you are told thanks but no thanks when you start to fill it out.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    Well, they should still post it on their website, that way they get a clear vision of what players want.

Like others have said, EA isn't truly interested in what all of their players want. They have a target demographic and they are who the surveys are meant for.
  • Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    Or even if they only had a limited amount of people they wanted to ask, they should give us all an opportunity to TRY and sign up to do some surveys at least! That'll be better than just sending them out without warning. Imagine all the people who had no clue that they've even received an email yet?!
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    If they wanted to they could post an open survey on the front page of The Sims 4 website. But, they did not. - Agreed @drake_mccarty, it is all about their target demographic and also their need to be secret because it is all unofficial ideas they are surveying people about. If it got out that they were actually making all that content, chaos would ensue more than it does here on the forums.
    11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

That's true they are targeting a select demographic. If you are sent a survey and are over a certain age you are told thanks but no thanks when you start to fill it out.

Agree with both the surveys are crafted for a particular reason with a specific group in mind. But I will say you can at simsvip take the survey it is unofficial but EA does pay attention.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Couldn't we just start our own little petition here on the forums? I think it would be fun to see what everyone wants, since 99% on here wants to vote themselves but can't.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Agree with both the surveys are crafted for a particular reason with a specific group in mind. But I will say you can at simsvip take the survey it is unofficial but EA does pay attention.

I was looking at that Ceejay. I'm just kind of against having to join a site just to offer an opinion. It would be like having to open a twitter account to read what the Gurus are talking about.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    I totally agree with you, OP.
    Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    After 4 sims games and all these years and EA is still asking for what fans want? This is really shameful. One should ask when they are having an original game or making a sequel to it not when they are at the 4th installment of the game!!

What is wrong with you EA. I feel this survey is nothing but a trick to calm down the angry players after the Gamescom debacle. They just want to give us a hope, now if this hope is genuine or fake I cannot say.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2015
    EA KNOWS very well what the fans want. They should stop pretending that they have no clue.

Plus it is not as if TS4 has got all the features that the fans want and EA has to make a survey because it is clueless what to add more.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

I was looking at that Ceejay. I'm just kind of against having to join a site just to offer an opinion. It would be like having to open a twitter account to read what the Gurus are talking about.
    i hear you i have mixed feelings as well. but i was thinking if its in a survey then its possible we may not get toddlers and preteens, ugh, so then i was thinking if many did participate in the unofficial simvip survey it could then persuade them to do it no matter what.

but its all very strange to me why not just release them.
  • Options

i hear you i have mixed feelings as well. but i was thinking if its in a survey then its possible we may not get toddlers and preteens, ugh, so then i was thinking if many did participate in the unofficial simvip survey it could then persuade them to do it no matter what.

I'm in the minority and want things like the Rebuild EP. While I hope family players do get all their age groups I think it's completely wrong to make them pay for them in additional content.

• Options

I'm in the minority and want things like the Rebuild EP. While I hope family players do get all their age groups I think it's completely wrong to make them pay for them in additional content.
    oh im often in the minority :D i want rebuild as well and would love to have a grunge stuff pack. i also agree people shouldn't need to pay for life stages but the only thing i will defer to if its better to install it via EP files vs a patch files.
  • Options

oh im often in the minority :D i want rebuild as well and would love to have a grunge stuff pack. i also agree people shouldn't need to pay for life stages but the only thing i will defer to if its better to install it via EP files vs a patch files.

Really? A fellow apocalypse/grunge/dystopian fan? Well alright!

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I really don't get the surveys at all? Who are they sending them to. How do they chose? They could literally end up sending it to someone who has played two hours of the game and decided to never play it again. They could have sent it to someone who saw survey and thought "nah I don't want to take that." More importantly, do they not read the forums? Or their Facebook? Or their twitter feed? There's your survey feedback right there. They can see what many people want.

I still think they've put themselves in an awkward situation cause now if they want to add toddlers and preteens they'll most likely have to patch them in. Reason being, if they don't and they come out with later expansion packs with content for those two age groups, then people who didn't buy the pack will be mad at receiving items they didn't want. Hopefully they get some meaningful feedback from their surveys, despite only selecting a ridiculously small group.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I know right? The people who actually got the survey are probably screwing us over by picking Rebuild, On the road, and Power Up.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I totally agree.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    It should be for everyone. I mean how is 100 gonna be accurate when you could have 50,000? It's simple enuf to make a poll and have the poll count the votes for you.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I find it strange that I have yet to see even one person from the forums say they have gotten this survey. Besides the person who sent images to SimsVIP, has anyone heard of others receiving this survey?
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    I find it totally crummy that they only want young people to take the survey. Even though I'm a teenager, I never got any survey. What do younger people have that would be more valuable than older people?
    keep on keepin' on